Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

General lore thread
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté November 19, 2013, 22:01:44 | #21

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 19 November 2013 21:15) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 19 November 2013 21:13) *
In wakfu sadida kingdom is part of bonta..

How could they move Sadida Kingdom to attach to bonta in the future (since the wakfu cartoon is in the future)

Or is it that the devs needed to have islands and ruined the wakfu lore just to make it an island?
I believe it's meant to be near Bonta, not a part of Bonta - preasumbly a boat would be required to get there. It's alredy close to Bonta on the in-game map.
Except it was literally attached to thicket of yurbut in beta and had a toll that we all had to pay as a server collectively in order to unlock sadida kingdom.

Kelba was also connected to amakna

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté November 19, 2013, 22:05:52 | #22

Quote (Neneko88 @ 19 November 2013 21:13) *
In wakfu sadida kingdom is part of bonta..

How could they move Sadida Kingdom to attach to bonta in the future (since the wakfu cartoon is in the future)

Or is it that the devs needed to have islands and ruined the wakfu lore just to make it an island?
It used to be linked to bonta in beta days (it was attached to the Ticket of Yurbut map, wich togather with Sadida Kingdom was forming some kind of "sword shaped" map of bonta). I belive they removed it for the sake of balance between nations (bonta had more maps then sufokia or brakmar). I am surprised though that Emelka is still attached to Amakna as both of these regions were to be unlocked by players (with kamas) during beta days.

I quite don't like the concept of so many islands. They should rather make current nations bigger. I would like if the land would eventually emerge from the underwater and would connect each island with nations (leaving 4 big continents 1 for each nation + zinit island).

Though i can agree to leave some special maps as seperate island (Wabbit island or blibliza for example).

EDIT:
MiniMikeh - you was faster to say that xD

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - November 19, 2013, 22:07:50.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-11-28
posté November 19, 2013, 23:37:51 | #23
As a non-Dofus player I'm interested in what the 6 Dofus really are and what their powers are, certainly since we've just learned that they've sparked the new Multimen to life. Ogrest still has them right?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté November 19, 2013, 23:47:36 | #24
yeah I was in beta (and donated a lot of the kamas to open sadida kingdom in beta). I want Ryff to say if Sadida Kingdom is an island in the really wakfu story/cartoons or if it's always been part of bonta.

This post has been edited by Neneko88 - November 20, 2013, 14:18:47.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2006-09-11
posté November 20, 2013, 11:07:42 | #25

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 19 November 2013 23:37) *
As a non-Dofus player I'm interested in what the 6 Dofus really are and what their powers are, certainly since we've just learned that they've sparked the new Multimen to life. Ogrest still has them right?

I'm gonna be lazy and copy paste from the Dofus Wiki, as it covers pretty much everything, there are some specifics that aren't on there though, just let me know and I'll try and answer any questions you have.

The Dofus (plural of which is also Dofus) are dragon eggs. Six of them were retrieved from the stomach of a dragon named Bolgrot, and each is an artifact of great power. They were scattered across the land of Amakna by an unknown force. With the discovery of new lands there are also rumors of new Dofus being discovered.

The six original Dofus consist of: Emerald, Crimson, Turquoise, Ivory, Ebony and Ochre. Neither the Ivory nor the Ebony Dofus is currently in game. Alongside the six original Dofus there are a number of others. Some of these are actual dragon eggs, others are just objects painted to look like dragon eggs.

In game Dofus act as another piece of equipment, they have their own slot and give specific stat bonuses. It is only possible to equip six Dofus at once, and only one of each.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté November 20, 2013, 12:53:45 | #26
"Original" in this context refers exclusively to the Dofus that were pulled from Bolgrot's stomach. There are other Dofus which are also true dragon eggs.

There are also many Dofus that were made using other means, like the Cawwot Dofus, which was created by the Wabbits and is their prized possession.

This post has been edited by Hudski - November 20, 2013, 12:54:56.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté November 20, 2013, 16:48:13 | #27
Thanks for taking interest in this thread, RyF! We got a pretty speedy response from the last lore thread and we even got a livestream from it.

I'm curious about Iops and Sacriers. I think it was mentioned they are somehow closely related, but how exactly? Are Iop and Sacrier possibly siblings or cousins?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté November 20, 2013, 17:48:23 | #28

Quote (Asthis @ 20 November 2013 16:48) *
Thanks for taking interest in this thread, RyF! We got a pretty speedy response from the last lore thread and we even got a livestream from it.

I'm curious about Iops and Sacriers. I think it was mentioned they are somehow closely related, but how exactly? Are Iop and Sacrier possibly siblings or cousins?
I think on the god thread this is talked about.

Besides that i do want to talk about the points in the topic.

1. that's kinda of a question i suppose. I imagine that they say its weakness is its bottom because either someone will break in or out of it later on. On a different point its never been said that merkator was the creator of the current foggernauts i will admit he may of been helpful in the progress because of dofus mobs but we know that prince adele is around now and he recalled the malfunctioning foggers or robots because they didnt have souls... or something like that. The most we can say is he made sir flexington. Honestly i like your idea but there is lore saying how it kinda happend.. in dev blogs? or something like that idk i just remember them telling us about it. I actually have an idea on how they could solve some of the lore issues with the foggernauts... im waiting till December though because i want to make a huge thread about all the things over the year i restrained from talking about because it would be forgotten quickly.

2. To the best of my knowledge ive come to the assumption Klime is dead in wakfu... i mean thats just the feel i get when i see all the info at frigost.

3.Concerning harebourg and dragon pig i know that in the fight harebourg comes down and takes control of the dragon pig. So dragon pig is a minion of his.

4. His godhood plan is your theory atm we know nothing of his end goals. So your asking a question noone has an answer to because we dont know the end of his story or even how its going... hopefully we can get a better understanding or a inkling of what he is up to this december. *note i like your theory but im not totally convinced about it*

5.they did that mostly to make it, make sense that excarnus was there. There really is not deeper meaning atm.

6.Concerning bworks i read your theory on the bworde and i have to say that if ankama wanted to they could make a new bwork island thats where the main ones are... again saving my thoughts on that for december. So atm id say the main bworke body lives nowhere because it doesnt exist.

7.If you want to know more about gods and havent read the gods lore thread then i suggest you read that.

8.I know there use to be quests involving the riktus... honestly im not that interested in them enough to look up stuff from dofus to answer your question.

9. Baddaboss is da boss...lol but seriously like we cant pick apart every single boss in the game to make logical sense. Its cool as shiz when he splits but i dont need a detailed explanation how its possible.

10. How long a class lives depends on the class... i think xelor/ enutrofs have the longest life spans and this is stated maybe in the livestream or some place not super sure... Besides that idk i just know xelor can live a long time *not pointing to nox or harebourg this is just common information*

Also idk if id call this a lore thread its more story related... though general lore is mixed in it. The biggest issue is that wakfu doesnt have alot of lore in game for us to reference. Also i hope i answered some questions.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2013-06-28
posté November 20, 2013, 18:49:48 | #29

Quote (Asthis @ 20 November 2013 16:48) *
Iop and Sacrier aren't siblings nor cousins, that's for sure, as Sacrier is a mortal who ascended to godhood and Iop was one of the 10 gods who took care of the future World of 12.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-06
posté November 20, 2013, 19:26:36 | #30

Quote (forum dude to ankama staff @ 19 November 2013 21:01) *
We're really thankful for your feedback

ohhoho, this is new.

and yeah, this is really sad, that we arent having them prequests for ultimate bosses anymore.
the second part of each was more like annoying, but the first part (the one with wagnar/monks secret rooms, the books with a touching story, that incarnam dojo of a thousand fists, etc) feels like something important that is now missing.

to the karibds diary and magmog backstory: Click here 

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté November 20, 2013, 20:26:15 | #31
I've read the god thread and didn't find any info on my question. I just wanted a little more clarification from the question answered in RyF livestream that mentioned Iops and Sacs being related.

We need all the Dofus and Wakfu mangas translated cuz there's a lot of lore from them.

posté November 21, 2013, 03:12:39 | #32

Quote (Asthis @ 20 November 2013 20:26) *
I've read the god thread and didn't find any info on my question. I just wanted a little more clarification from the question answered in RyF livestream that mentioned Iops and Sacs being related.
If I'm not mistaken, RyF was talking about their similar worldview and shared ideals, as in theory pretty much all classes are equally close to each other, since it's the same species with appearence altered to smaller or larger extent by worship of different gods...

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-10-28
posté November 21, 2013, 06:51:39 | #33
The mods should probably sticky this. That way players can keep track of all general lore for future readers AND it won't disappear once hundreds of other threads bury it in the archives.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-11-28
posté November 21, 2013, 07:08:06 | #34
Could anyone please provide a link to the gods lore thread?

Thank you

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - November 21, 2013, 07:08:27.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté November 21, 2013, 07:59:46 | #35

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 21 November 2013 07:08) *
Could anyone please provide a link to the gods lore thread?

Thank you
Click here

I believe it's this one you're looking for, unless there's another I'm unaware of.

Also, I agree the mods should sticky this thread. I'd hate to lose it in the sea of whining that is often general discussion.

This post has been edited by KiwiTang - November 21, 2013, 08:01:01.
Reason for edit : booty
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-10-28
posté November 21, 2013, 08:57:06 | #36

Quote (KiwiTang @ 21 November 2013 07:59) *
Also, I agree the mods should sticky this thread. I'd hate to lose it in the sea of whining that is often general discussion.

Indeed. The mods could should sticky it and rename it to: General Lore FAQ thread.

That way, the thread can keep tabs on all lore related questions, and update it whenever any new info lore wise pops up after every update.

posté November 21, 2013, 18:30:39 | #37

Ilustration from the next issue of Wakfu Mag was published

Tl;dr I was right all the way along, Harebourg is planning something which is linked to Alcatrool
Aaalso it seems that we'll learn where the Ice Dofus is... There's another Dofus shown here, I assume it might be the Vulbis Dofus, but it looks a bit different...

posté November 21, 2013, 19:02:59 | #38
That's the Ebony Dofus, or, Grougaloragran's vacant Dofus.

It's not yet obtainable in Dofus.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-10-31
posté November 21, 2013, 20:01:57 | #39

Quote (Hudski @ 19 November 2013 21:51) *

Quote (KiwiTang @ 19 November 2013 19:15) *
On another note, I've always wondered how long your average Xelor can live - I'm not talking about using Harebourg or Nox as examples, since I feel they're special cases. I'm talking about regular Xelors that didn't get involved in some crazy stuff that stretched out their lifespan.

(In fact, not just Xelors, but what is the average lifespan of each of the classes?)

It was stated originally in Dofus that Xelors naturally live 'til they're about 120-130 years old. Since the other classes weren't stated as special, it's probably average human lifespan.

I won't object to the idea that Iops make a habit of dying young.
Not necessarily true, ingame talk to Bakander in Amanka. He has been waiting for his sword for 200+ years and he is an iop.

posté November 21, 2013, 20:45:25 | #40
I was joking exclusively about Tristepin.

The lore is stuffed to bursting with mystical characters and NPC's that live for a fucktillion years, but that question was about average people.

This post has been edited by Hudski - November 21, 2013, 20:46:15.