Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

General lore thread
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté November 21, 2013, 21:01:51 | #41
Clan members most of the time aren't exactly average people either aren't they hand picked by the gods?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-07-15
posté November 21, 2013, 21:03:07 | #42

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 November 2013 21:01) *
Clan members most of the time aren't exactly average people either aren't they hand picked by the gods?
For their good deeds etc in the Dofus Era.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté November 21, 2013, 21:20:37 | #43

Quote (Hudski @ 21 November 2013 19:02) *
That's the Ebony Dofus, or, Grougaloragran's vacant Dofus.

It's not yet obtainable in Dofus.
I doubt that, Grougal's Dofus recently showed up in the Wakfu manga - Jiva is in possesion of it, so it would make things complicated. Also, this one has completely different color and structure than Ebony... It doesn't look exactly like Vulbis either, but at least the color looks pretty much the same and we've seen Crocobulia's skeleton on Ice Floe - that might be an indication, after all.

posté November 21, 2013, 21:32:35 | #44

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 21 November 2013 21:20) *

I doubt that, Grougal's Dofus recently showed up in the Wakfu manga - Jiva is in possesion of it, so it would make things complicated. Also, this one has completely different color and structure than Ebony... It doesn't look exactly like Vulbis either, but at least the color looks pretty much the same and we've seen Crocobulia's skeleton on Ice Floe - that might be an indication, after all.
>wakfu manga
>same timeline as the mmo

a lot can happen in 10 years

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté November 21, 2013, 21:38:23 | #45
Do you have solid proof thats just not fan art? Just saying maybe its just fan art but its interesting if not. This brings up a point i want to ask. Does he still have the ice dofus or not? we know he has the cawwot and dragon pig... those are the assets he has atm. See when i did his quest the dofus wasnt there and he never seemed to hold or use it so im assuming it was taken... Ogrest maybe. I know the ice dofus isnt an original but its an offshot not a fake one and ogrest was going around just gathering them.. so am i right in my assumption that ogrest took it? cause i know the chaos was happening on the island in the flashbacks... sorry if this is kinda dumb it just always bothered me i didt know what happend to the ice dofus 100% or how he lost it...

posté November 21, 2013, 21:45:54 | #46

Quote (Nox16 @ 21 November 2013 21:38) *
Do you have solid proof thats just not fan art? Just saying maybe its just fan art but its interesting if not. This brings up a point i want to ask. Does he still have the ice dofus or not? we know he has the cawwot and dragon pig... those are the assets he has atm. See when i did his quest the dofus wasnt there and he never seemed to hold or use it so im assuming it was taken... Ogrest maybe. I know the ice dofus isnt an original but its an offshot not a fake one and ogrest was going around just gathering them.. so am i right in my assumption that ogrest took it? cause i know the chaos was happening on the island in the flashbacks... sorry if this is kinda dumb it just always bothered me i didt know what happend to the ice dofus 100% or how he lost it...
Considering the first question: did you click on the link

Ice Dofus was apparently taken by someone - RyF suggested that Ogrest tried to find the minor Dofus as well, so it's one possibility. Klime or Nileza are another, although it's much less likely.

posté November 21, 2013, 21:57:57 | #47
Hmm maybe idk im just not one to jump the train on it. I think this is a great piece of art but lets wait to see. To me i can speculate what harebourg is up to and i have in other threads but i dont feel i know enough to be able to make a good theory on whats going to happen.

posté November 21, 2013, 22:10:34 | #48

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 November 2013 21:32) *

>wakfu manga

I'm pretty sure that Ebony Dofus can't change its shade and texture to red and then suddenly revert back to normal during a decade

posté November 21, 2013, 22:22:15 | #49

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 21 November 2013 22:10) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 November 2013 21:32) *

>wakfu manga

I'm pretty sure that Ebony Dofus can't change its shade and texture to red and then suddenly revert back to normal during a decade
I just wanted to say isnt the ebony dofus a primary one? and not even out yet in dofus? So like ogrest is suppose to have it or whatever... I dont think its ebony either it looks more read anyway.

posté November 21, 2013, 22:26:43 | #50
There's also the fact that this is fan art for the magazine which means it might not be 100% accurate

posté November 21, 2013, 22:41:48 | #51

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 November 2013 22:26) *
There's also the fact that this is fan art for the magazine which means it might not be 100% accurate
this is what i was saying!

posté November 21, 2013, 22:47:37 | #52

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 November 2013 22:26) *
There's also such thing as Occam's razor... Why would Ebony appear, if there's a Dofus which already sort of has a tie to the current story arc (Crocabulia skeleton)? Also if it can not be accurate, why not imply it to the Ice Dofus as well? Maybe it's the Torquise one? Ebony =/= intense red, no matter how flawed the drawing would be. Ebony's shape is pretty specific and I dount that it would look completely different in any media included in offciail publications.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-18
posté November 21, 2013, 22:52:42 | #53
Guys, I believe the point Major is trying to make is that the weird looking red Dofus is not the Ebony Dofus. Harebourg seems to be going after Dofus that are not the primary ones, which are the ones Ogrest currently has. And I don't think he's going to attempt to try and wrestle them from him anytime soon, so he's settling for the secondary ones. And whether you want to regard the illustration as official or fanart, I'm pretty sure that the artist couldn't have botched the so-called "Ebony Dofus" so badly as to suddenly make it red while depicting the Ice Dofus just fine. That just seems like a massive stretch to me.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-11-07
posté November 21, 2013, 23:03:38 | #54
Or we can just assume, as pointed out above, that Ankama gave a vague description of the picture they needed and the artist ran with it? I do think we should wait for the mag to come out to discover what the Count's real plans are.

Although I'm guessing ascension to godhood is not very likely anymore with Alkatrool playing a central part of his plan... Gods and crooks don't mix.

posté November 21, 2013, 23:27:23 | #55

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 21 November 2013 23:03) *
Although I'm guessing ascension to godhood is not very likely anymore with Alkatrool playing a central part of his plan... Gods and crooks don't mix.
Bear in min that we won't learn everything in December, RyF stated that the entire plan will be revealed around June - it's also the time when we'll learn about the details of ascension to godhood. The ascension theory is based solely on this fact and Harebourg's apparently growing Dofus collection.

I'm not sure if we can assume that Alcatrool is the most important part of the plan - Harebourg may as well simply need one of the inmates for his purposes (perhaps Merkator, since, as I already stated multiple times, he seems to be the only "serious" supervillain so far + Harebourg seems to be after objects and individuals that already existed in the Dofus era), while the central point are the Dofus.

posté November 21, 2013, 23:27:41 | #56

idk looks pretty close to ebony to me. it's also pretty small as well so you can't really see the detail in it. we only know that it's a red egg shaped dofus with no frills on the bottom which rules out vulbis

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté November 22, 2013, 00:04:04 | #57
The dofus depicted in that drawing has ridges like the Cawwot dofus, but it's coloured closer to Ebony.

I'm going to go ahead and say that it's the Cawwot dofus and the artist was working a bit off-colour. It would be ridiculous, at this point, to introduce more Dofus when they haven't even released all of them in-game just yet.

He's poring over a map anyway, so it'd make sense for him to have the Dofus he owns on the playing field, so to speak.

posté November 22, 2013, 00:31:35 | #58
Reminds me of the art of the head hoodlum staring at the world map. Hmmm, also with a zeppelin... Any more paralels maybe?

posté November 22, 2013, 00:32:53 | #59

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 22 November 2013 00:31) *
Reminds me of the art of the head hoodlum staring at the world map. Hmmm, also with a zeppelin... Any more paralels maybe?
The two zeppelins are different. Harebourgs is not head hoodlums

posté November 22, 2013, 00:35:22 | #60

Quote (Hudski @ 22 November 2013 00:04) *
The dofus depicted in that drawing has ridges like the Cawwot dofus, but it's coloured closer to Ebony.

I'm going to go ahead and say that it's the Cawwot dofus and the artist was working a bit off-colour. It would be ridiculous, at this point, to introduce more Dofus when they haven't even released all of them in-game just yet.

He's poring over a map anyway, so it'd make sense for him to have the Dofus he owns on the playing field, so to speak.
Seems lo make more sense that they would want to summerize what is already known rather than added too much new content or spoilers.

by the way: what is the story with Harebourg and the Wabbits?