Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Hi. New Could use some help
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-11-29
posté November 30, 2013, 06:31:23 | #1
Hi. New Could use some help Hi, I'm cerah and I played dofus back in the beta days and up until pandas came out but then i quit. So recently a friend of mine told me about all the doffs updates and wakfu and I had to come check it out. But so far dofus servers seem dead and ankama support has gone to poop.

I'm trying to transition over to wakfu and try it out so I downloaded the installer and I can open it to the first screen where it shows the wakfu symbol with an arrow pointing at the application folder. (i have a mac) I have tried double clicking dragging and pounding my head against the wall but nothing seems to sate this evil little installer.

Before the thread gets bumped on account of opening a ticket. All I could find in the Ankama Support page was drop down windows and a link that says view my tickets… right along with the absence of the ability to create one….

Appreciate the help already.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté November 30, 2013, 07:10:53 | #2
Look on the technical issues area. They have had many troubles and fixes for Macs.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-10-31
posté November 30, 2013, 08:38:55 | #3

I downloaded the installer and I can open it to the first screen where it shows the wakfu symbol with an arrow pointing at the application folder. (i have a mac) I have tried double clicking dragging and pounding my head against the wall but nothing seems to sate this evil little installer.

That first screen is NOT an installer application, it's a Finder window. You cannot double click Wakfu on that screen. You first need to install Wakfu on your Mac by dragging it to your hard drive. Either drag the Wakfu icon along the arrow to your Applications folder, or drag it into another Finder window if you want the game to be installed elsewhere.

@ Tommy:
This really isn't Mac technical issues, this is someone who needs to drag and drop

This post has been edited by Kaitenzushi - November 30, 2013, 08:41:04.
Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-13
posté November 30, 2013, 09:16:11 | #4
Hi Cerah!

As Kaitenzushi said, you need to drag the Wakfu icon into the folder provided (the pop out you described). After that, I would suggest 'ejecting' the Wakfu installer, then head over to your Applications folder. There should be a Wakfu app in there (its the default place to save new applications). Thats where you open your Wakfu launcher from

In future, posting something like this in the Technical Issues sub forum would also get you help, and probably better quality than what I could give you. There are quite a few members of the community that frequent that section and offer some really helpful assistance to a lot of different operating systems.

I hope this helped Cerah, and happy playing!  

This post has been edited by tashlol - November 30, 2013, 09:16:56.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-10-31
posté November 30, 2013, 16:53:03 | #5
Also, after dragging the Wakfu into your Applications folder, you can actually delete the installer .DMG that you downloaded.