Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Lost costume on shadow - general warning, Don't do this
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2006-02-25
posté December 10, 2013, 19:35:32 | #1
Lost costume on shadow - general warning Server: Remington

I was grouped with my shadow and lumino.
I opened my inventory.
Curiosity drove me to check out if my cuddlipants costume would at all be equipable on shadow (which would indeed look silly), so I double clicked the costume.

It disappeared completely.

Can't see it at least in my inventory, the space where it was is now unoccupied, and I can't find it anywhere else on my sidekick, it's also not floating around me, walking next to me and neither did it go into my havenbag nor on the market.

Ankama, I understand this was not meant to be equipable on a sidekick, but out of curiosity I have to ask: why can't you gray-out everything in the inventory which can't be applied to the sidekick? Or just say 'sorry, this item can't be equiped on your sidekick'. Didn't you test this?

I'd like the cuddlipants costume back, but sending in a ticket - nah, why bother? Ankama, your support does hardly answer tickets, and when they do answer its either weeks-months later, or the answer seems to be about something else alien to me.

Troyle/or another MOD, is this problem known? Can I get my cuddlipants costume back?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté December 10, 2013, 20:36:14 | #2
This might be true for a lot of things... I'm going to put garbage gear on mine for now.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté December 10, 2013, 20:58:04 | #3
This is because multimen do not have the costume slot.

He should actually be wearing the costume, it just won't be visible or removable (unless you dare try and replace it with another costume)

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-04
posté December 11, 2013, 00:51:14 | #4
kwismas, shy, grumpy elf costumes? Those can be somewhat easily obtained, or are those insignias?

This post has been edited by Zebulous - December 11, 2013, 00:51:55.
posté December 11, 2013, 00:59:02 | #5
If you try to put a costume on a character which doesn't even have a costume slot it's pretty obvious that you lose it. Cuppilypants costume isn't even hard to obtain, you just have to use the same emote and fight that op level 30 mob again...

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-07-14
posté December 11, 2013, 02:20:04 | #6

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 11 December 2013 00:59) *
If you try to put a costume on a character which doesn't even have a costume slot it's pretty obvious that you lose it. Cuppilypants costume isn't even hard to obtain, you just have to use the same emote and fight that op level 30 mob again...
It could happen by accident, if you still think you're on your own character's tab. In fact, that's what has happened already.

I would suggest, with the risk of being unable to unbind your Multiman until this gets fixed, to give them guild costumes to "wear" so you can be sure they won't take something more vaulable instead.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - December 11, 2013, 02:21:24.
Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté December 11, 2013, 09:54:37 | #7
We got confirmation that the item is not lost but only stored in an invisible space.

We will fix this as soon as possible and make your items available again.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2005-07-09
posté December 11, 2013, 09:59:31 | #8

Quote (Troyle @ 11 December 2013 09:54) *
We got confirmation that the item is not lost but only stored in an invisible space.

Ah, good news. I "lost" my farmer costumes on Beelzebug, but glad to be getting in back.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté December 11, 2013, 11:13:38 | #9
invisible space o_O what kind of sorcery is that

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-07-14
posté December 11, 2013, 14:01:33 | #10

Quote (Troyle @ 11 December 2013 09:54) *

Thanks, Troyle

And well, I suppose that the way they hacked Multimen together in the existing system was to allow a single account to control multiple characters at once, with Multimen belonging to their own class and everything but since the inventory interface was already there for normal characters, they just forgot to forbid letting them wear costumes that would make no sense if their appearance can't be changed (Insignias do have an effect on Multimen, which is why they have an Insignia slot) I do certainly wish they worked... would have been amusing to see Shadow running around in a Flamboyant Costume...

I believe Multimen is also partly the reason as to why several pets and costumes are now tradeable, since letting them wear them would be extra hasslesome if they weren't.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - December 11, 2013, 14:04:43.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté December 11, 2013, 16:34:05 | #11

Quote (LioVamp @ 11 December 2013 11:13) *
lool, tell me about it.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté December 11, 2013, 16:38:49 | #12

Quote (LioVamp @ 11 December 2013 11:13) *

It's because the devs knew that costumes wouldn't work on multimen, so they turned that equipment slot invisible. But you can still double click on costumes to equip them in the space.

They should have just left that slot visible, we're not stupid, we can see that a costume on a multiman doesn't work, but now we can't take them off because of a bad choice the Devs made.

Why even hide that slot... Should've just left it as it was. Glad it's getting revealed, at least, better late than never.