Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Ok, you people that I disagree with
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-05-13
posté December 11, 2013, 02:03:19 | #1
Ok, you people that I disagree with So, this patch was mainly supposed to be aimed at a rebalancing of the experience.

Now, let's see how those people at the ankama have done this revamp.

Yesterday, 126 vs 125, 27 wisdom = 1'200'000
Today, 126 vs 125, 47 wisdom = 561'000
Today, 126, 137 vs 122, 124 = 1'108'000

Now, you people, can you tell me how i'm supposed to exp in solo, because this patch was aimed to revamp the solo experience.

I cannot exp 1 vs 1 because i get nothing.

I cannot exp with the environmental quest because you nerfed them

I cannot exp with a multiman because in solo it gets TONS OF TIME to exp them at decent levels.

I do not intend to follow your madness of fight quest bonus ("attack only from behind" YEAH SURE") to get the same experience i got yesterday without boring with this kind of thing.

So, now i cannot exp in solo. You did a silly job as ever, you people.
This is the right time i got to exp to max all my JOBS.

AND DO NOT TELL ME NOW THE EXP REQUIRED FOR EACH LEVEL IT'S NOW LOWERED. IT WASN'T HALVED LIKE EXP DID YOU PEOPLE.

[Content edited to remove swears whilst preserving the message of the post.] - Atdose

This post has been edited by [MOD]Atdose - January 21, 2014, 20:42:25.
Reason for edit : Excessive Bad Langauage
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté December 11, 2013, 03:04:53 | #2
I'm doing okay. Leeching my four sidekicks versus groups of three and four Lenalds with minimal wisdom and getting 2-4 million per mob pending challenges.

That coupled with the insanely reduced amount of XP required per level is a blessing. There's no arguing that 3 billion XP to 140 instead of 5.2 billion is a tremendous difference.

MM are leveling very fast too. Since they get enhanced XP rates compared to normal characters I'm at 80 across my four after a couple hours of grinding and challenges. A guildmate has already passed the level 100 marker for his MM.

Overall I strongly disagree with you on the current state of experience points. Perhaps try re-evaluating your group size as well as your ability to do in-combat challenges?

• Mango

posté December 11, 2013, 03:10:06 | #3

Quote (Kokonaut @ 11 December 2013 03:04) *
I'm doing okay. Leeching my four sidekicks versus groups of three and four Lenalds with minimal wisdom and getting 2-4 million per mob pending challenges.

That coupled with the insanely reduced amount of XP required per level is a blessing. There's no arguing that 3 billion XP to 140 instead of 5.2 billion is a tremendous difference.

MM are leveling very fast too. Since they get enhanced XP rates compared to normal characters I'm at 80 across my four after a couple hours of grinding and challenges. A guildmate has already passed the level 100 marker for his MM.

Overall I strongly disagree with you on the current state of experience points. Perhaps try re-evaluating your group size as well as your ability to do in-combat challenges?

• Mango
Which ones did you get? And what kinda heals/ damage are you doing?

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté December 11, 2013, 03:25:49 | #4
I don't have the means to gear them just yet. Just two Astrub Knights from the quest and two Shadows thanks to some friends. Just going to throw Vampyro sets on them until I get around crafting Sage for four new characters...

Ugh.

Idealistically I expect them to do noticeably less damage than my normal characters when in both instances the characters are attacking the lowest resistances. But I like the concept of elemental versatility where you always attack the enemy's lowest resist. It makes me think of the chromatic sidekicks as super-stasis Foggernauts.

I'll update when they're actually in noteworthy equipment. Sorry to disappoint for the time being - they're literally deadweight/bait at the moment.

• Mango

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté December 11, 2013, 05:40:10 | #5
Challenges = more annoying than fun

Nerf my PP, and give me another probability ratio; thanks

otherwise.. everything is good. You def need more group members.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-05-13
posté December 11, 2013, 14:30:02 | #6

• Mango
Revalutate what? Did you read a word of what i wrote?

I don't have any complaint on the exp i get in group, i have strong complaint on the exp i get in SOLO.
How do you re-evaluate your group size if you are ALONE you genius.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté December 11, 2013, 14:38:46 | #7
Its not by chance multimen were just released

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-10-31
posté December 11, 2013, 15:42:13 | #8
Do UBs have those battle challenges to? Hahs, I can imagine one saying during a Magmog battle, "Do not mak your eneimes lose water HP" 

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté December 11, 2013, 15:47:51 | #9

Quote (Jurambalco @ 11 December 2013 14:30) *

• Mango

I don't have any complaint on the exp i get in group, i have strong complaint on the exp i get in SOLO.

Relax pal. I read everything you wrote. MM are leveling at an efficient rate and getting to higher levels is faster than before since XP to 140 was nearly halved while XP being nerfed, is still manageable.

After all the MM were released for you people. People who are alone. I see you're a level 120 Sadida. Perhaps try getting some DPT MM and leveling them up the old fashioned way? Stuff your Sadida in wisdom gear and it'll directly benefit the MM you equip to it, so that they can fight efficiently while not having to wear wisdom equipment.

There's no reason that you're hapless to solo now. You always have a group of up to four at your fingertips, without ever having to open another client.

Edit @Serious: Yeah UB have a challenge in them too.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - December 11, 2013, 15:48:58.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-15
posté December 11, 2013, 16:23:05 | #10
the official guide upside is talking about everything but nothing to help those people who got nerf in this patch

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté December 11, 2013, 17:44:58 | #11

Quote (aquabeauty @ 11 December 2013 05:40) *

This has always been my concern and sadly my expectation with Challenges.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté December 11, 2013, 17:51:34 | #12
My levels are moving along a lot faster now after the revamp. It's nice to see some progress, as opposed to the old system with really crummy progression. And I almost always solo level. Count me as mostly happy.

posté December 11, 2013, 18:16:43 | #13

Quote (Brokonaut @ 11 December 2013 15:47) *

• Mango
lmbo!

-Rizarealm

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté December 11, 2013, 18:46:52 | #14
Surprisingly: I'm quite okay with the update, to be honest. Yes they capped wisdom and halved xp on (mostly) everything, but also fixed the xp curve - I can see the reason behind it and agree with it. There was no nerf, in my eyes. I seriously didn't think that Ankama is still able to implement a good change, but seems they managed to do it. :'D
ALSO CAN WE JUST STOP FOR A BIT AND APPRECIATE THAT REDESIGNED TRADE WINDOW. \o/

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 11 December 2013 15:42) *
Do UBs have those battle challenges to? Hahs, I can imagine one saying during a Magmog battle, "Do not mak your eneimes lose water HP"
That was the only thing which pissed me off. We did get a "do not suffer backstab damage" for one team and the same thing for fucking FRONT DAMAGE for another team at Magmog yesterday, YEAH SURE we were able to complete it. -___-;

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté December 11, 2013, 20:43:43 | #15

Quote (Gynrei @ 11 December 2013 17:44) *

Quote (aquabeauty @ 11 December 2013 05:40) *

This has always been my concern and sadly my expectation with Challenges.
Let's cross our fingers for that pp buff we speculated they would plan sometimes in the next 2-3 years.

This pp nerf is not at all compensated by these annoying challenges. Especially in high level dungeons.

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 11 December 2013 18:46) *
\
ALSO CAN WE JUST STOP FOR A BIT AND APPRECIATE THAT REDESIGNED TRADE WINDOW. \o/
\

I don't give a rats butt about the new trade window. Its a waste of time because they nerfed my pp and I am not dropping much of anything to trade.

Also, They stealth'ed Miss Freeze and I find it soo annoying to run that dungeon that I cant even trade relic fragments that I was excited to drop... and trade

posté December 11, 2013, 21:18:25 | #16
The biggest blow is that many require grouping and I can't even find a group todo anything due to the servers low population.

-Rizarealm

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-03-26
posté December 11, 2013, 22:16:06 | #17

\o/

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté December 11, 2013, 22:19:19 | #18

Quote (Brokonaut @ 11 December 2013 15:47) *

Quote (Jurambalco @ 11 December 2013 14:30) *

• Mango

Relax pal. I read everything you wrote. MM are leveling at an efficient rate and getting to higher levels is faster than before since XP to 140 was nearly halved while XP being nerfed, is still manageable.

After all the MM were released for you people. People who are alone. I see you're a level 120 Sadida. Perhaps try getting some DPT MM and leveling them up the old fashioned way? Stuff your Sadida in wisdom gear and it'll directly benefit the MM you equip to it, so that they can fight efficiently while not having to wear wisdom equipment.

There's no reason that you're hapless to solo now. You always have a group of up to four at your fingertips, without ever having to open another client.

• Mango
Are you stupid? He said solo, why the fk are you including MM?
And yes, SOLO PvE got nerfed hard, they said soloing will get you more xp. Used to get 60k on solo farm, now I only get 42 in 1v1.

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté December 11, 2013, 22:54:54 | #19
Again, why was my post not read?

I recommended using MM because he was having issues gaining XP while soloing. I'll even say it again. There's no reason to solo when you can have a group of four at the tip of your fingers. You don't even need to spend Ogrines to do it. They're probably on the marketboard for cheap. One's even free.

There was not a time where I said solo experience was as good or better than it was before the update.

XP was nerfed in most scenarios. Regardless of the fact, input slightly more effort than before and you'll reach level cap faster now than you ever could before the update.

Even in your example, you're gaining 70% of what you used to gain. Meanwhile, it takes 57% of what it took before the update to get to 140. XP is better over long term. Deceivingly looks detrimental in the short term.

• Mango

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté December 11, 2013, 23:04:52 | #20
I like MM, you can have a full group with just two people, and drop MM (as they ware weaker then players) if somebody want to join the group.

Normally at night I can only form groups of 2 people, with MM thats a group of 6 and we can actually fight mobs, a group of 2 can't do much.