Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Merry Christmas Ankama
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-16
posté December 13, 2013, 19:28:02 | #1
Merry Christmas Ankama Well this is the last update for the next two months. So let look at the roadmap and see when you started to slip.

May 2013 :
Dragon pig [ completed ]
Mobile Arena [ Failed]

June 2013:
Haven world [ completed]
PvP rebalancing [failed]
Ability to change gear before fight begins [ Failed]

July 2012:
Bilbiza [ completed]
Xelor revamp [ Completed]
World of Twelve map [ Completed]

Auguest 2013:
Wabbits [Completed]
Eni revamp[ Completed]

September : [ No update]
Bug fixes [ Half complete]

October 2013:
Prison- Dungeon ( guessing its alkatrool) [ Completed]
Vigilante School [ failed?]
Fogger revamp [ Completed]
Craft revamp[ Failed]

November 2012:
Lvl cap increase 145 { failed ]
Panda revamp [ failed]
Feca revamp [failed]

December 2013:
Vigilantes [ completed]
Harebourg Dungeon[ Failed]
GvG [ failed]
Sram revamp [ Failed]
Feca revamp [ Failed]
PvP revamp [Failed]

Let's NOT forget Sandhill the second UB that was suppose to be released earlier

Anyways fix the fails; don't get too drunk; and happy new year

-Bee

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-06-11
posté December 13, 2013, 21:06:39 | #2
Looked good at the begining of the year where they made promises and were half kept.

Then down the road, they just kept thinking of more and more things, overwhelming/replacing themselves/stuff.

Still really sad/angry about feca revamp not happening as intended  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté December 13, 2013, 21:51:13 | #3
A few wonderful successes and a mountain of sad failures.

You have to wonder wtf they even do with their time.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté December 14, 2013, 00:04:47 | #4
At some point they, for one reason or another, started to synchronise the exact same content updates with Dofus. I feel like this has stripped the Wakfu devs of all their time and they can't deliver what they want because they're having to deliver what they have to.

Getting a little bit tired. Dofus can have its own updates, you know?

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté December 14, 2013, 00:22:13 | #5
Still more competent then most devs I know (still waiting on chrome to fully support .png)

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté December 14, 2013, 00:24:40 | #6
Idk I was really happy when they said "masqueraiders" and gave us masqueraiders

it took them how long? several years?

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté December 14, 2013, 00:40:49 | #7
People need to understand that a concept such as the Roadmap is not a list of promises. It is a rather two things. Firstly, it is a list of topics that a company wishes to accomplish. Secondly, and most importantly, it is a marketing ploy. Though the company more than likely wants to accomplish everything on the list, they would prefer to oversell something rather than undersell something since they want to retain subscribers. That is the whole point of revealing a Roadmap, to get people to buy into the product. So just like 2012 and 2013, Ankama will once again oversell the 2014 Roadmap since it is a major marketing tool for them.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-16
posté December 14, 2013, 01:25:51 | #8
I understand its not a promise, but it is actually a list of things they want in the game and think will improve the game. All i just did was point out where they slipped. Even though there's that possibility that they wont be able to cross everything off the check list, Ankama should have worked on the failed one for the next update.

It feels like ankama works on the update 2 weeks before the release date. I believe thats what was done with the revamps, till fecas. They would release the dev blog 2 weeks before the update and edit it every 3 days or so.

Ankama only did one thing right with the update which was the challenges. It was planned for the last update, but was released on this one. They should have done the same thing with all the lil features that they failed to implement like the ability to change gear at the start of a turn.

The problem is the time they take to make the features. From what i've noticed, after and update they take a week for the hotfix, and are left with the next 3 weeks to continue( or start) working on the next update. The Beta server has opened a week( to a week and a half) which means it took them two ( plus 1 or 2) weeks to work on the first part of the update ( or the whole update). During the beta server period they have a week ish to finish up ( or make progress) on an im complete feature, while taking a lil break and polishing up their Code. Instead they seem to forgot about their previous features.

It also seems to take them a month and a half - 2 months to make an new island, but they always seem to have them ready on time. I know how hard working frenchies can be, and when i read the "letter to the community" all i read is, we were just too lazy to get it done.

We cant blame em for glitches, but they should atleast not forget about the failed features they wanted to put in.

-Bee

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté December 14, 2013, 01:41:20 | #9
Wait until Dofus decides that they're ready for the next sub-god character class (like what Foggernauts/Masqueraiders are) and then Wakfu's forced to drop everything to follow up with that, instead of working on what Wakfu needs.

I wish... that the devs would just ignore Dofus and work on Wakfu. It's a completely different game with an entirely different set of needs that aren't being satisfied because we're too busy getting what Dofus asked for.

It's like being the second daughter or son. Instead of buying you new things, you get all your big sibling's old things, even though you don't want it. Then when you ask for your own new things, you're asked why you could possibly want that because you just got your sibling's old thing.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté December 14, 2013, 17:01:14 | #10

Quote (Hudski @ 14 December 2013 00:04) *
At some point they, for one reason or another, started to synchronise the exact same content updates with Dofus. I feel like this has stripped the Wakfu devs of all their time and they can't deliver what they want because they're having to deliver what they have to.

Getting a little bit tired. Dofus can have its own updates, you know?

This is exactly the problem! Wakfu doesn't have the man power to sync these updates while also revamping and fixing bugs. Roughly half the content of this year had to be pushed back and who knows when we'll even see some of the things they put on the roadmap implemented. Wild Dungeons? More Celestial Dungeons? Vigilante School? The other two Supervillains? We have all that stuff the OP listed and Wakfu will STILL have to sync updates with Dofus, so some things will be pushed back indefinitely.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté December 14, 2013, 20:04:35 | #11
I'm still waiting for the Masqueraider Island. I wanna see what that looks like! Geez Ankama.

And yeah wtf, where ARE those WIld Dungeons anyways? They've had their entrances sitting there for most of the year and still nothing.

And don't even get me started on Trool Fair, Mobile Arenas, and naming Summons again.

And would it KILL THEM to add a few less horrific recipes to Armorer and Chef? Would it KILL THEM?

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - December 14, 2013, 20:09:35.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté December 14, 2013, 20:20:36 | #12

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 14 December 2013 20:04) *
I'm still waiting for the Masqueraider Island. I wanna see what that looks like! Geez Ankama.

And yeah wtf, where ARE those WIld Dungeons anyways? They've had their entrances sitting there for most of the year and still nothing.

And don't even get me started on Trool Fair, Mobile Arenas, and naming Summons again.

And would it KILL THEM to add a few less horrific recipes to Armorer and Chef? Would it KILL THEM?
masqueraider island wasn't on the roadmap though

from what they said on the stream this year will be class related including the mask island/dungeon and islands for other classes