Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Smithmagic rune thing
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-06-11
posté December 14, 2013, 21:29:26 | #1
Smithmagic rune thing So i never tinkered around with smithmaging/runing and am completely lost on it, id appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me on this.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté December 14, 2013, 22:07:47 | #2
It's pretty easy, but I would recommend runing your (current) endgame equipment.

When you drop equips, you can break them to create powders at the appropriate NPC (it looks like a kama-minting machine, but light-brown and it has a face on it. Look right next to Bonta's AH for example). Depending on the rarity and level of the equips, the types of powders you get will change. For example, if you break a level 90-99 green rarity equip, you'll get some class 10 green powders; if you break a lv110-119 orange equip, you'll get class 12 orange powders. You can break up to 8 different equips at one time, and the game actually makes you wait about 10 seconds per equip broken, so don't go and drop all your mass-dropped Gobball gear into it or you'll be sitting around for almost an hour!

Once you have powders, you have 4 options: upgrade the powder to the next level, upgrade them to the next rarity, combine them to make a rune, or sell them. When upgrading powders, you have to combine two of the same powder to go to the next rank; two lv9 green powders can turn into either one lv10 green one, or one lv9 orange one. You have to choose between both, but remember that upgrading costs 2 powders of the previous rank! You can also mass-upgrade them (as in, a stack of 900 for example), and it won't make you wait like it does with equips, it's instantaneous.

Once you have 100 powders of one kind, you can combine them into a rune. They have to be the same kind, however! You can't combine 99 class 10 green powders and 1 class 10 perfect powder to get one green rune for example, they all have to be the same rarity and class. Once you combine them into a rune, your powders disappear and you get your newly-created rune.

When you have an equipment with a rune slot on it, you can just drag and drop the rune into the slot. The game will send you a confirmation message "are you sure?", then click on either yes or no and voila, you just runed your item. One thing to keep in mind is that the type of rune you can put into an item has to be their same class level or higher. For a lv115 equipment for example, you'll want to use a class 12 rune or higher, a lv90 equipment will want a class 9 rune or higher, etc etc... A class 10 rune can be used from levels 91-100. Remember that you can't remove a rune you've put on an item, and that runed items cannot be combined into a set anymore! Right now the game has no way of remembering whether items in a set have runes or not since the set is only one item ID, so the devs simply disabled the option rather than worry about people's runes disappearing.

You can change the bonuses runes can give to your equipment too. Simply drop the desired smithhammer from monsters, buy them from the marketboards, or buy them with ogrines. All you have to do then is drag and drop onto your item's rune and click yes on the confirmation message. Remember that all runes are separated into either attack, defense, or support categories, and smithhammers will only work on the specified runes (it says so in their item descriptions)!

Also, you can upgrade runes you've placed on equipment. Initially, the first rune you use on your equipment will give you one of these bonuses:
  • Common (Grey): +1 (example: +4 HP, +1 Damage, +2 Dodge...)
  • Normal (White): +1 or +2 (example: +4-8 HP, +1-2 Damage, +2-4 Dodge...)
  • Rare (Green): +2 (example: +8 HP, +2 Damage, +4 Dodge...)
  • Mythic (Orange): +2 or +3 (example: +8-12 HP, +2-3 Damage, +4-6 Dodge...)
  • Legendary (Yellow): +3 (example: +12 HP, +3 Damage, +6 Dodge...)
Those will be the stats given with your first rune when runing an item. However, upgrading is a different matter! To see the upgrade window, just click on your item's currently-slotted rune. A window will pop up showing you your rune stats, and what you need to upgrade it. To upgrade, you'll probably need to either use a Smithmagic Hammer (previously used to destroy runes), a rune of the specified type, or two runes, along with a small kama price. All you have to do is match what they ask you for, and you'll level your rune once, up to a maximum of +10.

Any questions?

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - December 15, 2013, 03:22:35.
posté December 14, 2013, 22:21:00 | #3
Very thorough explaination.

My questions are:
- is there no way to break runes?
- To clarify, If a gear is level 110, the minimum level rune is a class 11 or higher able to be put on it?
- How big of a bonus is a +10 rune when using smithmagic hammers?
- Are smithmagic hammers capable of failing an upgrade or breaking the rune?
- Are the requirement runes/kama for upgrading by smithhammer large?

posté December 14, 2013, 23:55:49 | #4

Quote (MikuH4tsun3 @ 14 December 2013 22:21) *
Very thorough explaination.

My questions are:
- is there no way to break runes?
- To clarify, If a gear is level 110, the minimum level rune is a class 11 or higher able to be put on it?
- How big of a bonus is a +10 rune when using smithmagic hammers?
- Are smithmagic hammers capable of failing an upgrade or breaking the rune?
- Are the requirement runes/kama for upgrading by smithhammer large?

Here's the answers in the same order:

1) As far as I know, there isn't. I honestly haven't looked further into it, but I don't remember reading about breaking the runes in the devblog. However, besides combining items back into one set, the devs made sure that there wouldn't be any more reasons as to why you would want to break a rune embedded into an item. You can change from one bonus to another by using smithhammers, so no need to start from a lv1 rune again.

2) Yes, you're correct. You can put a class11 rune on any equipment UP TO lv110. Once you have a lv111 equipment, you have to move onto the next class, which would be class 12.

3) Depends on what the bonus is and the "weight" of the bonus. I haven't seen a lit around yet, but some stats give you higher bonuses than others. Expect support runes to give you more bang for your buck than attack runes or defense ones though.

However, to give you two examples of the runes I'm currently upgrading right now: a +10 damage/heal rune will give you 10% all damage/10% heal, and a +10 resistance rune will give you 10% all resists. Those are some of the heaviest stats though, and you'll only be getting a bonus of 1% per upgrade to each of these types of runes.

4) Nope, you can't fail an upgrade. Once you have the required materials it's a 100% guarantee.

5) Depends, the requirements aren't too large but the more prestigious the items and runes, the more expensive they will be. Usually the formula goes like this:

Item level x Rune class x rarity coefficient x 30 kamas

Rarity coefficients are these:

Gray item: 0.2
White item: 0.4
Green item: 0.6
Orange item: 0.8
Yellow item: 1

So let's say you're trying to upgrade a +3 rune into a +4 rune, and your item is a green lv110 item.

(Item level) x (Rune class) x (Rarity coefficient) x (30 kamas)
(110) x (11) x (0.6) x (30)
(1210) x (18)
21,780 kamas.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - December 15, 2013, 03:20:26.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-09-28
posté December 15, 2013, 00:37:13 | #5
One question I have... Let's say I have my favorite helm: Marc 2. It's legendary lvl 95.

I just need a perfect lvl 9 rune. A perfect lvl 10 is wasted, correct?

The perfect just allows me to start at 3, correct? Where a glossy will put me at 2 or 3?

Thanks!

posté December 15, 2013, 00:49:21 | #6

Quote (LittleKros @ 15 December 2013 00:37) *
One question I have... Let's say I have my favorite helm: Marc 2. It's legendary lvl 95.

I just need a perfect lvl 9 rune. A perfect lvl 10 is wasted, correct?

The perfect just allows me to start at 3, correct? Where a glossy will put me at 2 or 3?

Thanks!

Correct on question #1, and half correct on question #2.

On the helm you could use a vlass 10 rune... Or you could just use a class 9 and save you all that hassle.

A perfect rune is guaranteed to start you at +3, but an orange starts you off at +2 OR +3. A Green one will start you at +2 guaranteed.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - December 15, 2013, 00:49:45.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-10-16
posté December 15, 2013, 01:44:15 | #7
I dont know if a class 9 rune can rune stuff above level 90... ur arguing a class 9 rune can be used on gear level 90-99 correct? so what is a class 1 rune used for?

posté December 15, 2013, 01:54:22 | #8
Question:
- How large is the difference between rune classes? examples would be appreciated.
- Shouldn't we always use the highest class rune possible on gear since the old ones cannot be destroyed?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-18
posté December 15, 2013, 02:14:59 | #9
I'm going to clarify rune classes(correct me if you believe I'm wrong). There are 20 Class runes(ignoring rarity) and the cap for levels will be 200... therefore

Class 1: 1-10
Class 20: 191-200

so a class rune is just multiplied by 10 and the 9 levels under it

Class 9 is 81-90
Class 10 is 91-100

posté December 15, 2013, 02:57:14 | #10

Quote (MikuH4tsun3 @ 15 December 2013 01:54) *
Question:
- How large is the difference between rune classes? examples would be appreciated.
- Shouldn't we always use the highest class rune possible on gear since the old ones cannot be destroyed?

1) Rune classes don't really have any differences, they all give the same bonuses. It's just that the class of a rune should be around the area of the equipment it's running. You can't pop in a class 2 rune to a lv40 equipment for example. It's a limitation set to avoid people cheating the system by just running gobball and runing their endgame equips with that stuff.

2) No, the class you use on a rune doesn't matter except for being able to successfully rune the item in the first place.

Quote (BlackMagus @ 15 December 2013 02:14) *
I'm going to clarify rune classes(correct me if you believe I'm wrong). There are 20 Class runes(ignoring rarity) and the cap for levels will be 200... therefore

Class 1: 1-10
Class 20: 191-200

so a class rune is just multiplied by 10 and the 9 levels under it

Class 9 is 81-90
Class 10 is 91-100

Ah, sorry about that then. Didn't even notice as I was runing my Lenald and miscellaneous lv110+ equips with class 12's-14's, guess it was so common sense for me I didn't even notice what classes they were in the end.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - December 15, 2013, 02:58:37.
posté December 15, 2013, 03:16:59 | #11
So, to make sure i understand correctly, if an item is lets say 107, it is best to use a Class 10 rune because class 10 rune covers level 100-109. It is not smart to use a Class 11 rune (although u can) but reason being, the stats will be the same.

posté December 15, 2013, 03:19:25 | #12

Quote (MikuH4tsun3 @ 15 December 2013 03:16) *
So, to make sure i understand correctly, if an item is lets say 107, it is best to use a Class 10 rune because class 10 rune covers level 100-109. It is not smart to use a Class 11 rune (although u can) but reason being, the stats will be the same.

Yeah, exactly.

But I messed up and gave you the wrong class numbers. For a lv91-100 item, you use class 10 runes. For a lv101-110, you use a class 11. Just look at the class's number and assume that it's the 'max level' for the range it can be used. Class 13 = range lv121-130 for example.