Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Overall View of Relic System
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté December 19, 2013, 00:31:47 | #41

Quote (zoombas @ 17 December 2013 20:12) *
I have a great idea! what if...... Instead of not only having the chance to drop the relic fragments.

the relics THEMSELVES still had their chance at dropping at a .01 and .001 rate like they used too.

Wouldn't that be neat?
+1 i like that idea, it would be fair for the ppl who couldnt get a relic with the first system

posté December 19, 2013, 02:25:31 | #42
What if they just go down with number of shards? Instead 100 just 50 or I don't know, bat get down the difficulty.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté December 19, 2013, 03:08:20 | #43

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 19 December 2013 00:31) *

Quote (zoombas @ 17 December 2013 20:12) *
I have a great idea! what if...... Instead of not only having the chance to drop the relic fragments.

the relics THEMSELVES still had their chance at dropping at a .01 and .001 rate like they used too.

Wouldn't that be neat?
+1 i like that idea, it would be fair for the ppl who couldnt get a relic with the first system
+1 but
I think it should be limited to bosses
I like the idea though it would make a lot more sense

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-02-26
posté December 19, 2013, 17:36:46 | #44

Quote (Gynrei @ 16 December 2013 18:56) *

Quote (semcorda @ 16 December 2013 17:21) *
My observation:
I've been droppping solomonk fragments on chaffers. Tarouded leather happens to have same droprate as solomonk fragments. Because pp lock for fragment is achieved each fight (150pp enu + fire eni in lenald set/maltial cape + some pp on other 4 chars), we can assume that in these circumstances tarouded l. has same chances for dropping as a fragment. Well, ALMOST EACH fight leather drops. Getting 2 or 3 of these per team in one fight is nothing unusual.
This DO NOT apply to fragments.
Conclusion:
It is NOT F***ING 1% for a fragment.

Ankama, stop being liars and just tell us what is the real droprate for relic fragments.

BTW
Some use for tarouded leather other than klime's boots should be added, because I have literally hundreds of these, few tens of which dropped after relic revamp.

I'm pretty sure that leather has a much higher drop rate. In the past i dropped tons of that stuff without trying too hard.
I checked leather droprate before writing the post. IT IS 1%, according to Ankama's encyclopedia.
Obvoiusly something is not right. Knowing ankamathics, droprate for pieces is much lower. My theory is that they realized too late that 1% is too much (I have tons of tarouded l. too), and because they are insolent and consider players as dumb cows, they lowered it without announcing.

(semcorda here, forgot to relog for this post)

This post has been edited by kolejnyalt - December 19, 2013, 17:39:20.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté December 19, 2013, 18:51:25 | #45

My observation:
I've been droppping solomonk fragments on chaffers. Tarouded leather happens to have same droprate as solomonk fragments. Because pp lock for fragment is achieved each fight (150pp enu + fire eni in lenald set/maltial cape + some pp on other 4 chars), we can assume that in these circumstances tarouded l. has same chances for dropping as a fragment. Well, ALMOST EACH fight leather drops. Getting 2 or 3 of these per team in one fight is nothing unusual.
Conclusion:

Ankama, stop being liars and just tell us what is the real droprate for relic fragments.

BTW
Some use for tarouded leather other than klime's boots should be added, because I have literally hundreds of these, few tens of which dropped after relic revamp
There's more to drops than the %, a boss drop that gets rolled by everybody and a drop outside of a dungeon that gets distributed to one person can share the same % yet have a completely different rarity. Some ressources are also dropped in multiples by each mob, for instance gobbals by default have 2 wools to loot, not just one. All these factors make that comparing a ressource drop to a relic fragment is invalid.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté December 19, 2013, 18:54:48 | #46

Quote (Noobility @ 19 December 2013 18:51) *

My observation:
Conclusion:

BTW
Some use for tarouded leather other than klime's boots should be added, because I have literally hundreds of these, few tens of which dropped after relic revamp
There's more to drops than the %, a boss drop that gets rolled by everybody and a drop outside of a dungeon that gets distributed to one person can share the same % yet have a completely different rarity. Some ressources are also dropped in multiples by each mob, for instance gobbals by default have 2 wools to loot, not just one. All these factors make that comparing a ressource drop to a relic fragment is invalid.

So you're saying they use the equipment drop system for the shards?

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté December 19, 2013, 18:56:37 | #47
I'm hunting for relic pieces at lenalds, the group has enough pp of course. Let's look:
Lenald tail droprate: 1%
Empty vial droprate: 1%
PDB fragment droprate: 1%
Got 2 or 3 tails, 2 vials, maltial alt staff which is 0.1% and just 1 fragment during the last week. Sure, let's say that I'm just unlucky and continue stressing myself out with this incredible grindfest.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté December 20, 2013, 01:28:07 | #48

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 19 December 2013 18:56) *
I'm hunting for relic pieces at lenalds, the group has enough pp of course. Let's look:
Lenald tail droprate: 1%
Empty vial droprate: 1%
PDB fragment droprate: 1%
Got 2 or 3 tails, 2 vials, maltial alt staff which is 0.1% and just 1 fragment during the last week. Sure, let's say that I'm just unlucky and continue stressing myself out with this incredible grindfest.
just pretend its the hushed cape incident all over again you got it eventually right? D:

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté December 20, 2013, 02:20:21 | #49
For those using multimen getting seemingly low drop rates on relic fragments, are you noticing that your multimen are sometimes (most of the time) "leaving" the group during a fight? I'm referring to the icons on the left when you're in a group that have sword symbols when the characters of the group are in a fight. Some or all of the multimen's fight symbols sometimes disappear for me in the middle of a fight. This has apparently started happening since the latest hotfix, and I was wondering whether or not this might affect prospecting lock.

posté December 20, 2013, 02:32:07 | #50

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 20 December 2013 01:28) *
just pretend its the hushed cape incident all over again you got it eventually right? D:
Yeah I bought it, but now is the different case, I can't afford paying for almost 100 PDB pieces which are sold for 200kk here at Remi :'D

Quote (Pimento2 @ 20 December 2013 02:20) *
For those using multimen getting seemingly low drop rates on relic fragments, are you noticing that your multimen are sometimes (most of the time) "leaving" the group during a fight? I'm referring to the icons on the left when you're in a group that have sword symbols when the characters of the group are in a fight. Some or all of the multimen's fight symbols sometimes disappear for me in the middle of a fight. This has apparently started happening since the latest hotfix, and I was wondering whether or not this might affect prospecting lock.
Noticing it too, happens pretty often to me I should say. But I personally lost all the motivation to report bugs since my topics are never answered.. Mhm.. Not only my of course, Ankama doesn't give a sheet about 80% of the bugs.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté December 20, 2013, 09:31:11 | #51
it would be nice if ankama will show the group pp at the end of the battle (proposed this a while ago, but the topic will seem to be buried somewhere in proposals section). I am frustrated to constantly guess whether the pp lock is broken or not, mm 'leaving battles? dead persons contribute or not? in-battle enutrof pp boost?  

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2010-11-04
posté December 20, 2013, 13:43:02 | #52
Looks to me like this is supposed to be a team effort. The best way to go about it would be to choose one or two people that show dedication and skill from your guild or group of people that you play with, and work as a whole to get them these relics. You may not personally have the relic yourself but if someone in your group has it, then that benefits you as well. I think that this is a right step towards reinforcing the idea of players forming trusted groups and guilds, kind of like a premade team that always stays together.

posté December 20, 2013, 15:09:18 | #53

Quote (CloudyMind @ 20 December 2013 13:43) *
Looks to me like this is supposed to be a team effort. The best way to go about it would be to choose one or two people that show dedication and skill from your guild or group of people that you play with, and work as a whole to get them these relics. You may not personally have the relic yourself but if someone in your group has it, then that benefits you as well. I think that this is a right step towards reinforcing the idea of players forming trusted groups and guilds, kind of like a premade team that always stays together.
Not trying to defend 6-accounters, but there's a huge speed difference if you control all/most of the fighters or if everyone is acting on their own. I've noticed that a fight usually takes x more time, even if you're in a perfect team with your old buddies where everyone knows how to do their do, you still have to communicate, someone might do a mistake, need a break, whatever. Wait for everyone to come online - last but not least. You have to agree that playing alone would take notably less time and allow you to play when you want to.
Since higher the level more time you need for 1 average battle, and since I'm the one who's being pretty busy at work, I can't spend more time for boring farming than it already takes. It's already a lot with 3 accs/3 sidekicks in my case, but still less than farming the same mobs with real persons. Last note: I'm a pretty communicative person when it comes to stuff that takes less time, always doing UB's and some funny dungeons with guildies/const group. Team affort is a great thing, but if you have a choice to get your relic in, say, 50 or 150 days, what would you choose?..

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté December 20, 2013, 17:40:55 | #54

My observation:
Conclusion:

BTW
I wasn't saying anything about bosses, so this example do not apply. Also, tar.l. drops in various quantities, mostly 1, so the wool example is also pointless. One of guildmates has dropped 25 tar.leathers and 2 relic fragments since relic drop revamp. Because devs didn't say anything about any other conditions for fragments (except pp lock, which becomes irrelevant in full group with enu and one char in lenald set), I stay with what I said - devs obviously lie about % for relic fragments. Only official confirmation of other conditions (dev or forum mod) can change this.

This post has been edited by semcorda - December 21, 2013, 12:20:12.
Reason for edit : grammar
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté December 20, 2013, 19:33:57 | #55

Quote (semcorda @ 20 December 2013 17:40) *

My observation:
Conclusion:

BTW
I wasn't saying anything about bosses, so this example do not apply. Also, tar.l. drops in various quantities, mostly 1, so the wool example is also pointless. One of guildmates have dropped 25 tar.leathers and 2 relic fragments since relic drop revamp. Because devs didn't say anything about any other conditions for fragments (except pp lock, which becomes irrelevant in full group with enu and one char in lenald set), I stay with what I said - devs obviously lie about % for relic fragments. Only official confirmation of other conditions (dev or forum mod) can change this.

I've been noticing this for quite a while. It's not only with shards, a lot of other drops with the same "aspect" (as in equip or mat) and same drop rate have this same case. Example? I dropped 4 Wompifests up until today. They have, supposedly, 0.1% chance of dropping. All of them were dropped inside the dungeon. I've never gotten or even seen a single black coat drop, and they have the same drop rate. There are way better examples, but, since I've taken a break from the game for almost 2 months, I can't really remember them.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-25
posté December 22, 2013, 04:02:19 | #56
My two kamas...

They informed, have a lot of items that do not drops outside of dungeon, i'm sure that have a lot of items that have diferent % outside dungeon, frags should be one case...

Probably the 1% chance is only inside dungeon, cause after 2 only hagen daz runs, i did see 2 frag drops, and only 1 was on boss...

So i think outside mobs only have 0.1% chance to drop, and i still waiting for an official answer if it drops on HW fights, cause the relics didn't drop, so does the frags now?

Btw i just don't think is ankama's fault, we just expect too much, and the reality is just so bad, everytime...

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté December 22, 2013, 15:04:02 | #57
Sure would suck for anyone who makes the Relic after it's been created by 100 if they reduced the cost.

One of our guys is almost done with his Nettlez (less than 10 to go) almost entirely through outside mob farming. Though he did most of the farming by himself, he did trade for 32 of them for a Hushed Scepter so he'd only be about 2/3rds of the way done if he didn't. Granted this is a working man who only gets to play like every other day.

Given that, it definitely seems like a team effort if you want to see a Relic in a timely manner. Especially since a few of our guys suspect that MM aren't properly adding PP to the group in some instances.

I don't see myself getting a Relic for some time because of the dedication or kama needed. While seeing the progress towards one is nice, the mysteriously trashy drop rate combined with the 800 PP lock is pretty absurd in the short term.

In the long term I guess it's irrelevant since everyone will have at least one Relic with time. However with the state Wakfu is in right now, I'm sure we could all use a bit of short term encouragement.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - December 22, 2013, 15:08:05.
Reason for edit : Hyperlink to bug report.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté December 22, 2013, 18:22:32 | #58
Wasn't that hard.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté December 22, 2013, 18:53:11 | #59
"Team effort" term would sound great in Wakfu 1 year ago. Today it means something made for multiaccounters.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-22
posté December 22, 2013, 19:15:07 | #60

Quote (Melonmochi @ 22 December 2013 18:22) *
Wasn't that hard.

How do you get so rich?