Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Overall View of Relic System
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté December 22, 2013, 19:21:28 | #61

Quote (Magnefiy @ 22 December 2013 19:15) *
How do you get so rich?
By owning a Snes

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - December 22, 2013, 19:22:19.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-06
posté December 22, 2013, 22:15:44 | #62

Quote (Melonmochi @ 22 December 2013 18:22) *
Wasn't that hard.
How do you get so rich?
sorry to disappoint, but there even are dudes with over 25mk \@_@\
crazy crazy werld

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-22
posté December 22, 2013, 22:36:40 | #63

Quote (khackt @ 22 December 2013 22:15) *

Quote (Melonmochi @ 22 December 2013 18:22) *
Wasn't that hard.
How do you get so rich?
sorry to disappoint, but there even are dudes with over 25mk \@_@\
crazy crazy werld
I feel sad now with my 500k which took ages to mine  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté December 22, 2013, 22:38:46 | #64

Quote (krowakot @ 22 December 2013 18:53) *
"Team effort" term would sound great in Wakfu 1 year ago. Today it means something made for multiaccounters.

And whose fault is that? Ankama's? The players subbing their own team? Or the single players that can't schedule events... let alone work with others?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté December 22, 2013, 22:59:48 | #65
Meh mining isn't optimal. It's just a method that exists for people who don't know what else to do so they do the most straightforward thing.

If you want the generic way to get rich: Get 6 accounts. Farm them till they're high lvl'd. Go farm dungeons in a loop and drop all the gear you need. Start farming UBs every week. Create alts on each account only meant for farming UBs. Gather a ridiculous amount of tokens, cash them in, gear your chars in expensive gear. Join an 'elite' guild, be among the first to farm a new UB when it comes out, make bank on selling new items worth millions. Win the game. Of course whether a playstyle like this is 'fun' is another matter.

This post has been edited by Noobility - December 22, 2013, 23:00:33.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté December 23, 2013, 08:02:31 | #66

Quote (Noobility @ 22 December 2013 22:59) *
Meh mining isn't optimal. It's just a method that exists for people who don't know what else to do so they do the most straightforward thing.

If you want the generic way to get rich: Get 6 accounts. Farm them till they're high lvl'd. Go farm dungeons in a loop and drop all the gear you need. Start farming UBs every week. Create alts on each account only meant for farming UBs. Gather a ridiculous amount of tokens, cash them in, gear your chars in expensive gear. Join an 'elite' guild, be among the first to farm a new UB when it comes out, make bank on selling new items worth millions. Win the game. Of course whether a playstyle like this is 'fun' is another matter.

And the funniest thing is, none of this applies to me.

I play only 3 accounts.
I farm the high end dungeons with only 1-2 of my characters, sometimes 3 if we can't find enough. (Highest dungeon I do farm alone is Ambassador's Wing)
I only farm Excarnus, Milkar, and Magmog on my main on each account per week.
My tokens go to my guildies rather then myself.
I co-created the 'elite' guild I'm in.
We were the first to beat Magmog and Dragon Pig yet I've only sold 1 Magmog set total throughout my time and I chose not to run Dragon Pig but rather let other guildies do so.
I helped gear up most of my guildies that I hunt with first before I started selling the gear I do drop.

So yeah, play at your own style / pace. Make sure you have fun with what you do, I did. I considered farming the fragments not a job, but rather a goal so I dedicated my time to farming the outside mobs whenever I had the time be it 30 minutes or 4 hours instead of standing at 5th Ave requesting PvP matches.

posté December 23, 2013, 14:51:47 | #67
That's why it's called the "Generic way to get rich" not "Melonmochi's way to make money".

What I described will get you rich, immensely so. Having 3 accounts doesn't mean you can't make money, but you will never be as self-sufficient and efficient as someone with 6 accounts. Try farming for that ortiz with 1 account and see how you like it, that's the situation that "normal" players have to deal with. It's funny how you say you "only" have 3 accounts, that's a situation already extremely advantageous compared to the normal player who can't afford that many.

This post has been edited by Noobility - December 23, 2013, 14:54:53.
posté December 23, 2013, 15:51:07 | #68

Quote (Noobility @ 23 December 2013 14:51) *
That's why it's called the "Generic way to get rich" not "Melonmochi's way to make money".

What I described will get you rich, immensely so. Having 3 accounts doesn't mean you can't make money, but you will never be as self-sufficient and efficient as someone with 6 accounts. Try farming for that ortiz with 1 account and see how you like it, that's the situation that "normal" players have to deal with. It's funny how you say you "only" have 3 accounts, that's a situation already extremely advantageous compared to the normal player who can't afford that many.

And people with one account and 24 hours a day to play have the advantage over a single account that works 9-5. Or a 6 boxer with 1 hour a day to play. Everyone is in a different situation.

Make the most out of what you have, and strive to improve if that's what you want. Otherwise, just log in and enjoy Wakfu. It's really that simple.

All this bickering over players that multi-box or spend money for cash shops is tiring. Stop worrying about what others can and are doing.

posté December 23, 2013, 21:13:48 | #69
You're missing the point. Someone asked how do you get rich. That's how. Telling them to "Don't worry about it, just play normally" isn't gonna get them rich, that's how they're poor in the first place.

posté December 23, 2013, 22:19:03 | #70

If you want the generic way to get rich: Get 6 accounts. Farm them till they're high lvl'd. Go farm dungeons in a loop and drop all the gear you need. Start farming UBs every week. Create alts on each account only meant for farming UBs. Gather a ridiculous amount of tokens, cash them in, gear your chars in expensive gear. Join an 'elite' guild, be among the first to farm a new UB when it comes out, make bank on selling new items worth millions.

You're missing the point. Someone asked how do you get rich. That's how. Telling them to "Don't worry about it, just play normally" isn't gonna get them rich, that's how they're poor in the first place.

It's the same old story. Six accounts means you make 6 times the money but have 6 times the upkeep and gear to purchase. The only thing separating multi-boxers and single accounts, is one doesn't have to make friends and find them online. That is it. It has nothing to do with making money.

Telling someone to play more accounts to make more money is laughable. Making money comes down to two things. Play the game more and make good use of your time. If you only play an hour a week, you won't get rich, so don't worry about it.

There are plenty of 'rich' single account users. How are they getting rich Noob?

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté December 23, 2013, 23:51:23 | #71

Quote (Gynrei @ 23 December 2013 22:19) *
It's the same old story. Six accounts means you make 6 times the money but have 6 times the upkeep and gear to purchase.
It doesn't really work that way. I dare to say, that it's easier for 6-accounter to make enough money to buy items for 10 chars than for 1-accounter to equip only 1 char.

This post has been edited by krowakot - December 23, 2013, 23:56:37.
posté December 24, 2013, 01:27:53 | #72

Quote (krowakot @ 23 December 2013 23:51) *

It's the same old story. Six accounts means you make 6 times the money but have 6 times the upkeep and gear to purchase.
It doesn't really work that way. I dare to say, that it's easier for 6-accounter to make enough money to buy items for 10 chars than for 1-accounter to equip only 1 char.

Please explain how.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté December 24, 2013, 04:23:38 | #73

Quote (Gynrei @ 24 December 2013 01:27) *

Quote (krowakot @ 23 December 2013 23:51) *

Please explain how.
You're completely ignoring the aspect that single accounters don't have a reliable, always there, group of players to actually run things to obtain gear and make money with

While multi boxers do and can do anything they want whenever they want to and do not have to worry about "what if this person drops what I need and they wanna sell it instead of helping me out"

posté December 24, 2013, 07:01:50 | #74

Quote (Gynrei @ 22 December 2013 22:38) *

"Team effort" term would sound great in Wakfu 1 year ago. Today it means something made for multiaccounters.

And whose fault is that? Ankama's? The players subbing their own team? Or the single players that can't schedule events... let alone work with others?
It's clearly Ankama's fault. O.o?

Quote (Noobility @ 23 December 2013 14:51) *

Lol, exactly. It's like saying my parents weren't rich, we only had a 3 story house and a few used cars. Anyone poor like me can make it...

This post has been edited by sockstoyourdoor - December 24, 2013, 07:05:17.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté December 24, 2013, 11:50:43 | #75

Quote (sockstoyourdoor @ 24 December 2013 07:01) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 22 December 2013 22:38) *

It's clearly Ankama's fault. O.o?

Of course, it's Ankama's fault for not only allowing people to multi, but also promoting that way of play. And the complete lack of advertising Wakfu outside of France to bring more players.
But advertising costs, so it's not an option. 1 player playing on 1 account = X times less money than 1 player on X accounts, so it's not an option. That's how Ankama thinks. That way of thinking eventually will lead to the end of Wakfu, just like Dofus. But Ankama doesn't care about the future, they want as much money as possible right here, right now.

posté December 24, 2013, 22:06:57 | #76

If

It's the same old story. Six accounts means you make 6 times the money but have 6 times the upkeep and gear to purchase. The only thing separating multi-boxers and single accounts, is one doesn't have to make friends and find them online. That is it. It has nothing to do with making money.

Telling someone to play more accounts to make more money is laughable. Making money comes down to two things. Play the game more and make good use of your time. If you only play an hour a week, you won't get rich, so don't worry about it.

There are plenty of 'rich' single account users. How are they getting rich Noob?

No.

Let's make it real simple for you. Bob has one account. He logs in today, he has 2 hours to spend. He spends 40 minutes trying to find a group. He has 1h20 minutes left. The group he finds has crap gear and they kill mobs at half the speed.

Steve is a multi boxer in a good guild. He logs in his 3 accounts, his friend from his elite guild logs in his other 3 accounts. They chain dungeons at high efficiency.

I doubt your intelligence if you seriously think that Bob's 2 hours are the same as Steve's 2 hours.

Myself I have 1 account I currently use and another one I don't use but will probably resubscribe soon, I have made several millions with rather clever out of the box thinking if I do say so myself. I won't say what I do because if I did everybody would do it and it would be ruined. You can be rich with one account. But never in a million years you will be rich by "playing normally" with one account.

posté December 24, 2013, 23:28:10 | #77

The only thing separating multi-boxers and single accounts, is one doesn't have to make friends and find them online. That is it.

@Mini

I clearly acknowledged that fact, quote in bold above. Players in all kinds of MMOs schedule events and run dungeons every night. It's perfectly possible to log in and find people to party with when it's prearranged. The simple truth is, not enough players do this because it requires effort or they might be scared or not want to be a leader. These are the single account users that will not be rich. It's easier for people to blame and shout at multi-boxers.

I also talked about the connection between spending more time online and the money you make. This relates back to multi-boxers saving time making their own groups. That's their advantage. Mlit-boxers have disadvantages no one ever talks about. Some multi-boxers are not good enough to do it all on their own.

Dropping items is irrelevant. A six boxer has to drop six items while a single account needs only drop one. It's exactly the same.

@Noob

Make it as simple as you want, I've addressed this already. Bob's 2 hours as you put it are poorly spent. Better players don't do this and they make money just fine. Players have different skill levels and commitment.

You say you're rich and play one account, you've made my point for me. The only difference, when someone here asked how to make money... you told them to play 6 accounts and didn't share your 'tricks' (skill, knowledge). Question mine all you want.

posté December 25, 2013, 16:34:58 | #78
Nobody said that you can't be rich with 1 account, so you arguing against it you might as well be talking to air.

Bob's hours are the norm. I'm curious what kind of parallel universe you live in that you log in and magically 5 other people with good gear also happen to want to do what you want to do. The reality is that the recruiting will take time, let's say 30 mins on average, people will randomly make you wait 10 mins because they need to do something, people will leave after 1 fight to go eat, not everyone will have optimal gear. It doesn't mean jack that the multi boxer has to gear 6 accounts, he is easily 2x if not 3x as efficient as the mono boxer.

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté December 27, 2013, 05:33:17 | #79
Im not sure where the conversation went..
But why not make relics obtainable by fishing?  

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-15
posté December 27, 2013, 06:47:52 | #80

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 27 December 2013 05:33) *
Im not sure where the conversation went..
But why not make relics obtainable by fishing?

Give the worst possible waste of time profession an actual purpose!?...

and the Oscar goes to...