Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Which multimen do you guys see as 'Most useful'?
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté December 18, 2013, 11:28:57 | #1
Which multimen do you guys see as 'Most useful'? Hai all, Scars here. so my friend just surprised me with a year subscription on my account and that of course came with shadow, now im thinking about getting two more multimen for my other accounts so i can play 3 chars with 3 multimen(cant play more actual chars on this comp sadly..)

Just wondering what ones you guys think are the most useful, ive only really tried the ones on dofus atm and they differ a LOT than how they are on here.

-Scars

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté December 18, 2013, 11:36:09 | #2
Well, to shamelessly advertise my own thread:
Sidekicks/Multimen (Spell/Stat page + Player Class Comparisons)

I am going over exactly how each Sidekick works compared to actual Player Classes. I've also comprised a simple Spell/Stat page on every single one of each Sidekicks spells and specialties.

As for a simple answer to your question, it really depends on what you are playing as and what you roles you need filled in your team.

Two support Sidekicks are useful right off the bat. Skale, and Krobax. This being is that you use them for their effects more than their damage and they get that in full from level 1 (for the most part.

The other two supports, Lumino and Trank take a little to get off the ground.

Finally the damage dealers Shadow, Beelzebug and Astrub Knight also take a bit to get off the ground.

In the end though, they all do very well and I really wouldn't say one is better than the other, like some other players in the forums, but to each their own. If you really want details, I suggest looking at my thread and make a comment there if you have more questions.

- Kat

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-11-28
posté December 18, 2013, 11:40:29 | #3
Check out kurokat's thread, it's a beauty!

For myself, I shun close combat as much as possible and love to support, so I'm thinking of Trank and Krobax. Or maybe one of the 'heavy hitters' to keep my enemies occupied.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-21
posté December 18, 2013, 12:01:18 | #4
Skale is practically cheating. +2ap. + range and dmg%. Passive + dmg% for entire party. Can give a status that makes a player unlockable. Can take away bad states.

Plz don't nerf QQ

Also, Shadow is just ridiculous. Can tear through high res mobs too.

posté December 18, 2013, 12:17:29 | #5

Quote (Eddaos @ 18 December 2013 12:01) *
Skale is practically cheating. +2ap. + range and dmg%. Passive + dmg% for entire party. Can give a status that makes a player unlockable. Can take away bad states.

Plz don't nerf QQ

About Shadow: I still don't quite get the chromatic damage.... it's not the same as non-elemental?

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-10-12
posté December 18, 2013, 12:18:12 | #6

Plz don't nerf QQ

Ankama won't nerf MM just because people can sue them. Everyone paid for them, as they are right now.

posté December 18, 2013, 12:28:08 | #7

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 18 December 2013 12:17) *

Plz don't nerf QQ

About Shadow: I still don't quite get the chromatic damage.... it's not the same as non-elemental?
Chromatic works off of the highest Mastery on that character.

Say you have:
150% Earth
300% Fire
25% Water
50% Air

As the Fire is the highest elemental mastery you posses, you chromatic spells (on Shadow and the Astrub Knight) or chromatic weapons (for players) will deal Fire damage and use the Fire Mastery for when calculating your damage.

Chromatic things generally have a lower base damage (as seen on Shadow) for the fact that just by changing your gear, you will change which element you're attacking with. So characters, like Shadow, are not non-elemental, but can be any element (just one at a time).

If you happen to have two Masteries at the same percent (say both Water and Earth are your highest at 250%), it will choose the element that the enemy is weakest to when using the chromatic spell/weapon.

- Kat

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté December 18, 2013, 12:48:08 | #8
thanks for the useful info kat! , i forgot to mention i current run a multi-(im so punny c-tude of characters, but im thinking of downsizing to playing just my tank sac, water eni and probably my fire rogue for a while.

so far seems like my best bet is to go for Shadow, Skale and either the Astrub Knight or Krobax then.

Thanks for the very useful info

-Scars

posté December 18, 2013, 13:46:23 | #9
Thanks about the chromatic explaination!

That explains why I failed my 'don't hit them with earth damage' challenge when I only used Shadow to attack.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-10-04
posté December 18, 2013, 20:39:01 | #10

Quote (MedusaOne @ 18 December 2013 12:18) *
Ankama won't nerf MM just because people can sue them. Everyone paid for them, as they are right now.
The Terms of Service you agreed to says they can.

This post has been edited by Lethalen - December 18, 2013, 20:39:36.
Reason for edit : typo
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté December 18, 2013, 21:14:42 | #11
Aside from Skale, I find Krobax to be very useful. He gives you MP, can push and pull, can switch places with allies AND enemies, and even teleport.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté December 18, 2013, 21:40:54 | #12

Quote (kurokat @ 18 December 2013 12:28) *
If you happen to have two Masteries at the same percent (say both Water and Earth are your highest at 250%), it will choose the element that the enemy is weakest to when using the chromatic spell/weapon.

- Kat

This^ seems the most interesting to me. Has anyone compared an equal high level Fogger and Shadow to see how they do?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-03-13
posté December 18, 2013, 22:56:35 | #13
As for Xelor I like running Trank + Knight.
Locking enemies with sidekicks is always something to look forward to.
Also they regain full health each combat, so each damage they soak up is bread saved for me.

I also wish they could buff up the Knight a bit, he might be f2p but his skillset is straight downgrade from Shadow's (he has same skills but with higher dmg values). All he has going for him is ranking health over ch and dmg which makes him secondary-ish tanker.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté December 19, 2013, 04:15:23 | #14
Most useful depends on which class I'm playing as. Almost always have my Lumino with me, as it's way easier to spam heals than afford overpriced bread.

For my Enu, I also use Skale, for the buff madness.

For my Rogue I use Krobax, for the glyph positioning and dragging enemies across the hot coals.

For my Osa it depends which second one I want to level at the moment.

For my Ecaflip I like Shadow or Beezlebug.

For my Fogger it can vary greatly, usually I like trying odd combos for fun, as Fogger is Earth Tank, and with Lumino keeping her health topped up, there's a lot of leeway to screw around with the 2nd Sidekick.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-31
posté December 19, 2013, 10:45:09 | #15

Quote (Gynrei @ 18 December 2013 21:40) *

Quote (kurokat @ 18 December 2013 12:28) *

- Kat

This^ seems the most interesting to me. Has anyone compared an equal high level Fogger and Shadow to see how they do?

This is wrong. The same formula players use when attacking with chromatic weapons is used when a chromatic sidekicks attacks an enemy. And this formula doesn't check the resistance of the enemies.
I can't say if it's random or there is an ordner (like earth, air, fire, water) but i recently had the same dmg % in water and fire, attacked a Mini Lenald (which ist weak against water but has high fire resists) with a chromatic weapon, nearly did no damage and looked at that red orb flying around him.

One of my guild mates said Troyle already wrote that somewhere, so if you don't want to test it yourself simply look for his post to get an official statement.

This post has been edited by Elithril - December 19, 2013, 10:45:55.
posté December 19, 2013, 11:03:32 | #16
Could have sworn I read it as so... I apologize if I'm incorrect, but there is supposed to be some logic as to what it chooses as I do clearly remember that it is not random in its choice.

I shall have to dig through the forums later to see how it chooses what element to use (if it has been stated officially).

On the other half though, it is correct that if you have one Mastery higher than all the others, the damage will be done in that element, using that mastery. Thus, it is in your benefit to carry 1 of each elemental equips if you want to be prepared for any situation.

- Kat