Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

How do multi element attacks work?
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-09-06
posté December 23, 2013, 02:07:55 | #1
How do multi element attacks work? So I have shadow and knight. Their attacks are prismatic. When you hit with water it says water damage. When shadow hits it just says dmg.

Does es the element matter? Should I try to max one element? If I equip with moowolf... Does he do earth damage or fire?

In game someone said highest element damage was the element you hit with. Is that correct?

I.e. If fighting crackers, wear air gear. If fighting spiders, use earth gear.

This correct? Thanks!

Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-14
posté December 23, 2013, 02:22:24 | #2

Quote (KNoodle @ 23 December 2013 02:07) *
So I have shadow and knight. Their attacks are prismatic. When you hit with water it says water damage. When shadow hits it just says dmg.

Does es the element matter? Should I try to max one element? If I equip with moowolf... Does he do earth damage or fire?

In game someone said highest element damage was the element you hit with. Is that correct?

I.e. If fighting crackers, wear air gear. If fighting spiders, use earth gear.

This correct? Thanks!
Hey Noodle!

When damage is Chromatic like it is with Shadow, or some weapons, then its the highest damage percentage you have. So you can pretty much put whatever gear you like on Shadow, a long as its all the same element so you can get the most damage percentage as possible. In regards to whether that means Shadow will hit with the element he has highest, I'm unsure. I'm sure someone else will know though, and share that with you.

Best of luck with Shadow, Noodle Happy playing!

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-29
posté December 23, 2013, 03:12:24 | #3
Thanks so much. I'll try different elements to test.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté December 23, 2013, 03:33:11 | #4

Quote (LittleKros @ 23 December 2013 03:12) *
Thanks so much. I'll try different elements to test.
Hey littlekros he will in fact hit with whatever his highest element is.

If he has two elements that are the same or 3 or 4 he will hit whatever the lowest resist is for the elements that are the same damage

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-29
posté February 17, 2014, 01:50:17 | #5
So after many tests... Shadow can be a beast and love him. But it appears being multi element is a hinderance.

yes you can change his armor depending upon adventures. But wearing moowolf... and keeping fire and earth the same at 400+... It appears to average when attacking. Nothing calculated, but I had heard it fire would be the element if critter has weaker fire resists then earth. And vice versa.

the above would make it beneficial to keep shadow equal on two elements. Now it seems a hinderance If a critter has high resists to earth or fire.

anyone else see this?

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-05-28
posté February 17, 2014, 02:24:20 | #6

Quote (LittleKros @ 17 February 2014 01:50) *
So after many tests... Shadow can be a beast and love him. But it appears being multi element is a hinderance.

yes you can change his armor depending upon adventures. But wearing moowolf... and keeping fire and earth the same at 400+... It appears to average when attacking. Nothing calculated, but I had heard it fire would be the element if critter has weaker fire resists then earth. And vice versa.

the above would make it beneficial to keep shadow equal on two elements. Now it seems a hinderance If a critter has high resists to earth or fire.

anyone else see this?

Try using all general damage gear, making all elemental damage equal. This way, your multiman will always hit with the element of the lowest resistance. If for some reason you want Shadow to hit with a certain element the entire fight, you can save one ring slot for a single element ring. Have 4 single element rings with you to switch Shadow's element out of battle.

Vamp set is a good place to start.

This post has been edited by Tavish-DeGroot - February 17, 2014, 02:25:50.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-04-20
posté February 17, 2014, 04:57:19 | #7

Quote (Tavish-DeGroot @ 17 February 2014 02:24) *

anyone else see this?

Try using all general damage gear, making all elemental damage equal. This way, your multiman will always hit with the element of the lowest resistance. If for some reason you want Shadow to hit with a certain element the entire fight, you can save one ring slot for a single element ring. Have 4 single element rings with you to switch Shadow's element out of battle.

Umm, i tried to put water/air gear on shadow so he has the same water and air damage%, but he always hits with water regardless of the enemy's resistances, he does waaay less damage against enemy with high water resist, even though they have low air resist (the fish mobs at hammam dungeon for example).

But I didn't try equiping him with all damage gear though, maybe that 'attacking with the enemy's lowest resist' thing only works with all damage gear... but I think it's not likely  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté February 17, 2014, 08:17:28 | #8

Quote (TheBubz @ 17 February 2014 04:57) *

Quote (Tavish-DeGroot @ 17 February 2014 02:24) *

anyone else see this?

Umm, i tried to put water/air gear on shadow so he has the same water and air damage%, but he always hits with water regardless of the enemy's resistances, he does waaay less damage against enemy with high water resist, even though they have low air resist (the fish mobs at hammam dungeon for example).

But I didn't try equiping him with all damage gear though, maybe that 'attacking with the enemy's lowest resist' thing only works with all damage gear... but I think it's not likely
Some people seem to be confusing Chromatic Damage with the Stasis branch of Foggernauts.

Chromatic damage, if all is even, will not hit versus the lowest resist. Stasis spells do hit against the weakest resist of a monster, and act as that element. Currently no Sidekicks have Stasis spells, so...

If two or more of your Sidekick's highest elemental damages are equal, a random element will be chosen for the damage dealt.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté February 17, 2014, 08:23:40 | #9
It's not random.

The game has a priority on elements that it goes for when trying to use Chromatic damage with equal elements. All I know is that when all elements are equal, the damage/healing is always going to be Fire - and according to the above, Water is higher priority than Air, so when those two are equal it will always be Water.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté February 17, 2014, 08:25:16 | #10
Odd my mistake I assumed because whenever id use chromatic on my mask on magmog it would go with water on the weapon hit and not air.

'-' this was important because of cooling him so it was usually like a go to assumption of us being okay if I did it