Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Why do I do this to myself...
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté December 23, 2013, 04:16:59 | #1
Why do I do this to myself... So it seems as though my visit that was originally to spread kwismas cheer has been extended by something that I am enamored by.

Otomai's Deciple's quest.

I want it. I don't know why I just really want it. I love you Ankama.

Everything about this quest is the best.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté December 23, 2013, 04:35:41 | #2

Quote (HateSpawn @ 23 December 2013 04:16) *
So it seems as though my visit that was originally to spread kwismas cheer has been extended by something that I am enamored by.

Otomai's Deciple's quest.

I want it. I don't know why I just really want it. I love you Ankama.

Everything about this quest is the best.
But its the worst relic
'-'a

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-01
posté December 23, 2013, 05:38:35 | #3
I don't know about it being the worst relic. Gelano, as much as I like it, offers no other stats. Yes, it has an AP in an off spot (kind of, well, only right with AP and no bad side effects), but the Otomai Relic has absolutely superb resists, among other nice stats as well. It just doesn't have AP, but then again, you could say the same about Nettles. Which is another amazing, this time, damage oriented relic and while it does have AP, so do many other epaulettes at that level, so the AP on it really isn't anything special. While Solomonk is amazing and has AP on a helmet, there is also the super hard to get and high level Wa Wabbits helmet that has AP on it as well, so in other words, especially as we level if there are even more AP hats, it won't be as special later down the line either. We could go on about new items..., but then we're just getting into hypothetical. On other relics, the Barbarian Amulet has Range and AP. So does White Crow, but it has Damage added to it, so another damage oriented relic. Meridia offers no AP, but does offer stats in a place that otherwise does not (some damage and resists).

In reality, if you're looking for a relic that is truly unique, that really only falls on the Powerful Dazzling Belt. This would be because no other item in the game offers AP on the belt slot other than it.

Granted, any relic is better than no relic.

Back on Otomai's Relic. You claim it is the worst, but there is only one breastplate in the game that has resists close to it:

Magic Cawwot Breastplate (Lvl 140)
+198 HP
+29% Resist. ( )
+10 Prospecting
+7 Wisdom
+30 Initiative
+50 Lock
+4 Kit Skill
+7 Block

But as you can see, it is 40 levels higher (right at our current level cap, and how many are at that yet?) and offers none of the damage that Otomai's does. Oh, here's Otomai's for reference:

Otomai's Disciple Armor (Lvl 100)
+203 HP
+50% Heals
+1 MP
+30% Resist. ( )
+50% Damage ( )
+6% Critical Hits

Another big notice is that unlike the Magic Cawwot piece, it offers that delicious +1 MP.
If you want to compare Otomai's to other BP's that have All Resists, you end up with Lvl 120+ BP's. Those BP's also have around 25-35% damage in normally only 2 elements and around 8-17% resists. Of those, if you're a healer, other than Otomai's, there are only 2 BP's with +Heals, being the Larduous BP (Lvl 120) with +30% Water +6% Heals and the Gauwd Toga (Lvl 140) with +35% Water +10% Heals.

With all of that, I would say the Otomai's Relic is quite nice. You may have personal preference to one over the other, but to say it is the worst? I can say hardly.

In fact, currently in the game, I cannot find a single "singular" item in the game that has higher resists (closest being the Magic Cawwot BP I posted above).

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 23, 2013, 05:38:58.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté December 23, 2013, 06:17:48 | #4
Sorry hack, but kat is right.

I would never say Otomai's bp is the worse relic, it just takes a little less effort to obtain it.

posté December 23, 2013, 06:23:24 | #5
When you consider that you can only wear one relic it kinda puts it back down a notch. Especially if you already own another relic.

It's good in the sense that if you don't own one already then great you have a really good breastplate but if you already own a relic theres not much on it to make you want to switch to it is what i'm trying to get at.

Even gelano has 12 ap builds and wearing ridiculously good capes that don't have an ap to make up for being really good

'-' but again this is all subjective and not objective everyone is entitled to their own opinion and because of how many classes there are each class will have a "best and worst" relic for them and how they play.

For me the breastplate is the worst but for kat it could be the best.

And the main reason youd want magic cawwot gear is for the lock which otomais does not have at all '-'

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - December 23, 2013, 07:03:03.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté December 23, 2013, 06:54:46 | #6
How does one begin their journey to discover this beautiful Disciple armor?

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-13
posté December 23, 2013, 07:49:51 | #7

Quote (RaVeN-Fifteen @ 23 December 2013 06:54) *
How does one begin their journey to discover this beautiful Disciple armor?
I believe in Astrub.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-10-31
posté December 23, 2013, 08:14:47 | #8
Correct, right next to the Hunters Guild, there's a new guy on a podium.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté December 23, 2013, 08:18:33 | #9
Thankyou both for your replies! I did some digging & asked my sensei. sensei honk showed me the way!  

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté December 23, 2013, 09:02:32 | #10
Has anyone recorded the aura of the BP yet?

I know there players out there that has already obtained the BP, I'm yet to see it for myself.

Scratch that, just saw it on the Aura dedicated thread for relics, I like it.

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - December 23, 2013, 09:06:00.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté December 23, 2013, 10:09:16 | #11

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 23 December 2013 06:23) *
When you consider that you can only wear one relic it kinda puts it back down a notch. Especially if you already own another relic.

It's good in the sense that if you don't own one already then great you have a really good breastplate but if you already own a relic theres not much on it to make you want to switch to it is what i'm trying to get at.

Even gelano has 12 ap builds and wearing ridiculously good capes that don't have an ap to make up for being really good

'-' but again this is all subjective and not objective everyone is entitled to their own opinion and because of how many classes there are each class will have a "best and worst" relic for them and how they play.

For me the breastplate is the worst but for kat it could be the best.

And the main reason youd want magic cawwot gear is for the lock which otomais does not have at all '-'
It depends entirely on your preference and what you use.

for example having the extra AP would be nice if I had a solomonk but that wouldnt really warrent crushing my hp and resists.

and having a gelano is really just useless for me, in that case my crits and damage both go down notably.

however in the case of the otomai it fills that soft spot in my gear that I can't seem to get at. The breastplate.

it's pretty much the best in slot for what I'm looking for, with crit, hp, resist, damage, and even heals if I ever wipe off that dusty old GMW.

as the proud owner of Apprentice and White Crow bps, both of which are my only options in terms of the breastplate slot.

the apprentice is my go-to for resists, whote WCBP is my go-to for dps. The Otomai however again hits right there giving more damage and durability than both the breastplates (I do believe it gives more than they do combined).

in any case the only relics remotely worth not using Otomai's is the PDB and Nettlez (not that I own any relic at all). These two being the absolute hardest to obtain makes the decision that much easier. Moreover I do hope to eventually have each relic, so picking one up couldn't possibly be detrimental.

Most importantly--

For Otomai I don't need to drop 100 fragments.

posté December 23, 2013, 10:15:42 | #12
But you do need to drop over 100 boss materials which arguably takes longer to farm then fragments o.o

granted its "easier" because most of these dungeons the common player can solo but its still a long long journey

and then what if you run the entire dungeon only to not drop the material you need? thats just ouch especially in those long and tedious dungeons

BUT

as I said the bp could be the best for somebody and that somebody is you they all have their own way of shining it just depends on how you want to build your character or what type of character you play and for you otomai does fill that niche

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-01
posté December 23, 2013, 11:28:23 | #13
Oh MiniMikeh, I never said it was the best either, I was just proving a point that it has its place. For at least my Water Sadida, that uses dolls and heals, the Powerful Dazzling Belt is best for me as it offers AP in an odd spot with control (delicious control).

I'm currently happy with a 10ap build, but if I had a relic with an odd AP spot, I would certainly use a 12ap build.

- Kat

P.S. Of course, I have no relic and not sure I'll ever get one, but one can dream (maybe santa really exists and will get me one for kwismas).

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 23, 2013, 11:30:11.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté December 23, 2013, 12:40:50 | #14
i really like the bp relic like hatespawn said it fills a spot i was having a very hard time filling for a bp. This is for my foggernaut who needs general damage... there arnt a huge amount of easy to get good gen damage bps. He needs the mp. the res hp is also super nice. Idk why people talk so bad about this relic just because it doesnt suit them.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-05-30
posté December 23, 2013, 15:03:23 | #15
all the relic is useful...for someone,that the same reason as I still have low lvl gear in guild chest for newbie even those high lvl player said it such a waste of chest's space and better crush it away for rune powder. a junk of yours might be a treasure of other in same time

This post has been edited by TinyLaNorthio - December 23, 2013, 15:05:36.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté December 23, 2013, 17:54:01 | #16
As others have said, many items can fill a void because there are so many builds. Just recently I started using a level 85 BP at level 125.

I need an earth/water BP for a class that heals. General damage BP's are out because they do not affect heals. I'm now wearing a Blue Raspberry Bubbleplate until i can find and level into a Guawd Toga. These are the only two BPs that fit my needs between level 85 and 140. Now there is another BP i'd consider, the relic BP.

Many items waste their 'weight' on useless or unwanted stats for all sorts of builds. The BRB doesn't waste points on dodge, lock, CMC, or control etc in my case. It does not have an MP but for a level 85 BP it's exceptional.

Edit: Look at what I gain after upgrading 55 levels later. Not that impressive imo.

+8 HP
+1 MP
+5% earth/water dmg
+20 PP
-5 Initiative
-1 Crit
-2% Heals
-7% Resist

This post has been edited by Gynrei - December 23, 2013, 18:09:51.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté December 23, 2013, 21:09:34 | #17
There's a good side effect to hunting for this relic. It puts more gear onto the market that newer players can buy! I can work on my set collection and find missing pieces easier now. I'm also getting a lot of powder from the huge amount of junk gear I accumulate.

There will be a more powerful relic that will be traded in for this one, as the description of the bp suggests. I think it might be level 200 in exchange for level 100-200 boss mats. Or maybe 150, who knows, but it's gonna be epic.