Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

[ Panda revamp ideas] Bee's bloodthirsty panda
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-16
posté December 30, 2013, 22:15:02 | #1
[ Panda revamp ideas] Bee's bloodthirsty panda The revamp pdf came out and no one liked it. I thought i've make a thread sharing my ideas and have other pandas share their ideas. That way , maybe, grou would pass by and make use of our ideas.

Water :
- It keeps its current base dmg.
-Should still apply dizzy.
-Panda’s dmg throught barrel will be removed, but will keep effects such as pull, and with heal allies, while applying dizzy on enemies.
-Bubble trouble 1ap 1 mp sounds good. Keep around the same base dmg, one use per target two uses per turn.

We keep our current water panda, but we get to heal through barrel when needed.

Fire: Mid-range dpt with secondary effects

-Keep the same base dmg.

Spells effect:

-flaming burp: 10 % crits at 100
-Light my fire: Burning +100 ( at 100). When cast of panda applies thirsty. When cast on panda carrying barrel applies pyrotechnic.
-Dairy sprinter: disoriented + 2 ( at 100); On crit ( 10% + 1 disoriented) [ total 3 on crits, but doesn’t stack per dairy used ]
-Explosive flask: explosiom +100 ( at lvl 100)
-Milking it : -1mp

Thirsty: look at Incadescent milk

Earth: Close combat dpt/ off tank

4 out of the 5 spells can be cast without the barrel.

Carrying the barrel will apply dizzy, and activate AoE when attacking

Blitz or bash barrel: Will work with light my fire. For every 1 lvl of dizzy -2 earth dmg. Consumes after attack dizzy and destroys the barrel.

Specialities

Karch: same as the pdfs
Barrel: 10 charges at lvl 9, cost 2 ap. [ 3 ap if it has the auto recast hinted at in the pdf]
Barrel hop: 1 wp at lvl 9.

Ether: Stabilized panda ( WP free). Cast on Aliies and enemy it will cost WP

Bamboozle: One use per fight. Inverts target AP and MP

Incandescent milk: 35 % chance to activate fire effect when target is dizzy. + 20 % final dmg
When thirsty loses effects above and heals 10 hp ( water) per fire hit cast on a dizzy target.

Master of merriment: +40 lock +10 res. Heals 5 % of hp when ending turn carrying the barrel
Master of merryment( option 2): +40 lock, per 1 lvl or merry gain 1 % resist. No longer falls asleep.. At 100 gets worn out.

Bottomless barrel: Just like the pdf. + 40 % water/earth dmg. 40 % chance to drop 2 puddles with the same ( randomly) within 3 spaces of the barrel. Puddle heals 55 at (lvl 100).
Puddles wont drop if panda is thirsty.[ Feel kinda op getting heal 10 hp per hit then getting another 55]

[ Reason for two puddles: the puddle could spawn at the opposite side of the barrel to increase chances of getting on a puddle a second one spawns]

Iron Belly ( just a lil name change,but same as the pdfs:
+ 2 range to allied carried
+ 20 resist to panda carrying ally To enemy:
-1 mp (100%)
-1mp (100%)

Milky instinct: The problem with it was the fact that it could completely cancel out dmg. Panda's love it, and other classes hate it. So 25 % chance to proc:

When milking instinct procs, it reduces dmg by 60 % and heals 40 % of the dmg on the first block. After each block milky instict loses 10 % on the heals. So after 4 hits, if milking instict procs it will only reduce dmg by 60 %.

Summary

All branches can heal themselves, and can heal other through passive. Water will have to sacrifice some dmg to toss barrel into ally range for heal. Fire will sacrifice secondary effect for heals ( which should max at 40 cause pandas can only hit 4 times with fire moves on a 12 ap build). Earth panda loses most of its reliance of the barrel, but you need to hold the barrel for more power. All branches are link. For heals fire needs water, earth needs fire for pyro, and water for blitz

- Bee

This post has been edited by Beezle - December 31, 2013, 02:34:56.
Reason for edit : Water edit
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté December 31, 2013, 00:12:31 | #2
I just see a lot of nerfs..specially to water. Keep panda how it is.

posté December 31, 2013, 02:36:25 | #3
Water's damage stays the same as it is now, but loses the dmg through barrel for heals.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté December 31, 2013, 03:03:30 | #4

Quote (Beezle @ 31 December 2013 02:36) *
Water's damage stays the same as it is now, but loses the dmg through barrel for heals.
why should they lose the barrel damage?

fire gets incandesent damage
earth gets merry damage even though earth is supposed to be a tank element

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-04-05
posté December 31, 2013, 05:36:21 | #5
Earth isn't absolutely a tank element. If anything it's the wildcard element. For sacs and (future) fecas earth is tankish. But say, rogues and iops, earth is clearly an offensive branch.

Earth branch for panda should heavily take into account needing to carry the barrel whether it goes offensive or defensive, and have ample mechanics to make this worthwhile. As for if it should be offensive or defensive, I personally think a strong emphasis on offensive with the ability to keep things locked into place is the right direction. Bash Barrel is quite effective with it now for having that effect.

The truth is, a lot of what panda has now works very well, as such, most of what panda is now should be kept intact. I did provide some ideas in the panda revamp thread of the panda sub-section of the forums, but apart from the water branch having a new mechanic, most of my suggestions are just specializing the fire and earth branch to a more clear role, polishing them a bit.

To be clear though, a nerf is far from what the panda class needs in any way shape or form. With Fecas being revamped to something spectacular, pandas must be just as useful or else they offer no competition to Fecas. So, in that regard, the Panda revamp should be one that does not so much buff Pandas as much as one that sharpens each branch to be more focused at a particular art while removing some obsolete specialties in-place of ones that complement the specialization of each branch.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-05-15
posté December 31, 2013, 05:51:43 | #6

Quote (Exelenore @ 31 December 2013 05:36) *
Earth isn't absolutely a tank element. If anything it's the wildcard element. For sacs and (future) fecas earth is tankish. But say, rogues and iops, earth is clearly an offensive branch.

Earth branch for panda should heavily take into account needing to carry the barrel whether it goes offensive or defensive, and have ample mechanics to make this worthwhile. As for if it should be offensive or defensive, I personally think a strong emphasis on offensive with the ability to keep things locked into place is the right direction. Bash Barrel is quite effective with it now for having that effect.

The truth is, a lot of what panda has now works very well, as such, most of what panda is now should be kept intact. I did provide some ideas in the panda revamp thread of the panda sub-section of the forums, but apart from the water branch having a new mechanic, most of my suggestions are just specializing the fire and earth branch to a more clear role, polishing them a bit.

To be clear though, a nerf is far from what the panda class needs in any way shape or form. With Fecas being revamped to something spectacular, pandas must be just as useful or else they offer no competition to Fecas. So, in that regard, the Panda revamp should be one that does not so much buff Pandas as much as one that sharpens each branch to be more focused at a particular art while removing some obsolete specialties in-place of ones that complement the specialization of each branch.

I understand your argument but this way you take away the freedom of duo or multi element panda's and restrict their options they currently have available to them. Current Panda has a more free way of playing which makes it fun, depending on your fight you can go either defensive or offensive. Ankama has restricted many classes already, the Sadida is the best example, there is no need for more restrictions. Just leave the class as it is, it is fun to play as they are, don't ruin it.

posté December 31, 2013, 06:20:04 | #7
@ neneko they get +40 % water/earth dmg from passive, so with dizzy maxed and passive they get 140 % more dmg; and you are losing barrel dmg for the ability to heal yourself. and allies, seems fair enough.the merry i was proposing would give resist instead of the current merry. at 100 you get 100 % resist at 100 you get worn out. all you do is lose the +100 resist and have a 5 turn cool down before you can get the resist back up again

Well, i havent really changed much from the current panda.
Water still has the same range attacks that stack dizzy as usually. All that changes is the fact that hitting the barrel heals instead of dealing dmg. The only time a panda really needs to use barrel for AoE is often rare. when we use it its mostly to get as much dizzy applied on most enemies as possible for milky instinct. So the water panda will still have its current offensive power. There merry as a dmg buff is no longer present, so the panda doesn't need to stat close to its barrel.

Fire is the same: same dmg just a more stable way to proc the effects. Bubble trouble will be 1ap 1 mp, so it will be very easy to dizzy a target. When under thirsty you get the ability to heal 30 hp each turn( just like the bloodthirsty) for fire dmg inflicted.

Earth could cast 4 out of 5 spells without the barrel. To stack dizzy all you have to do is carry the barrel and on top of that you will either get 5% heal at the end of your turn or get resist per merry ( up to 100 % resisit). The light my fire combo would give the panda a burst dmg move. Its basically a close combat destruct arrow. For every dizzy hits 2 earth , at 100 that 200 base dmg + the spells base dmg; and the spell will hit first before dizzy gets consumed.

As for the passives all that is really lose is aggressive barrel and bamboozle the + dodge bonus and extra quartz. The rest is the same.

All i really did was combine the pontentially good things of the new pdf and the good things of the current panda.

This post has been edited by Beezle - December 31, 2013, 06:48:12.
posté December 31, 2013, 08:23:58 | #8

Quote (Karakedi @ 31 December 2013 05:51) *

Quote (Exelenore @ 31 December 2013 05:36) *

I understand your argument but this way you take away the freedom of duo or multi element panda's and restrict their options they currently have available to them. Current Panda has a more free way of playing which makes it fun, depending on your fight you can go either defensive or offensive. Ankama has restricted many classes already, the Sadida is the best example, there is no need for more restrictions. Just leave the class as it is, it is fun to play as they are, don't ruin it.
I'd rather be great at one thing that I'm gearing for than okay at two with gear kind of split between those two different roles. Especially when considering something like the resistance of end game enemies. You sort of have to go all out offensive if you want to do decent damage. u w u;

It should be just as viable to go mono element as hybrid. Building classes to need to go two elements to make the most of one is what I believe to be truly restricting.

With that said, I don't see how anything I said could keep someone from going hybrid or keep someone from shifting to defensive from offensive anymore than what is possible now. :x

Specializing earth to have more damage support for example, doesn't magically make them less defensive. Really, an earth panda's defense is made up of only two things: gear and milky dodge. Now you could use that one earth spell to raise resistance but most earth pandas tanking would rather just spam water attacks to reduce, say, a boss's resistance so that it dies sooner. Often times, the barrel is needed for something else while tanking anyways.

The locking ability from Bash Barrel, however, is probably important to keep, which I mentioned, for if a Panda did want to tank, that is one of most important aspects, the ability to keep the boss on you. Or even for off-tanking, the ability to keep the monster on you. Especially if the branch has a heavy offense direction, their gear may not have 300+ lock by default, so a spell that does decent dmg and boosts lock is actually quite ideal.

Anyhow, the point is, nothing I said would limit a panda's ability to shift from offense to defense. The biggest limitation for them now is that they can't switch between offensive and defensive gear mid-fight which is true for everyone.

This post has been edited by Exelenore - December 31, 2013, 08:26:37.
Short Strich * Member Since 2006-01-04
posté December 31, 2013, 20:00:47 | #9
I think it'd be enough of a revamp to change them from Dairy Queens to Drunken Kings :L

posté December 31, 2013, 20:29:20 | #10

Quote (Asgreth @ 31 December 2013 20:00) *
I think it'd be enough of a revamp to change them from Dairy Queens to Drunken Kings :L
That would be a de-vamp. :/

Short Strich * Member Since 2006-01-04
posté January 01, 2014, 22:59:20 | #11

Quote (Exelenore @ 31 December 2013 20:29) *

Quote (Asgreth @ 31 December 2013 20:00) *
That would be a de-vamp. :/
But a devamp in the right direction.