Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Ankama needs your help!!
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté January 25, 2014, 20:22:11 | #21
For the people who have to much money and don't know wether they should give it away, burn it or bury it, they should see this:

limited stock only!

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-01-17
posté January 26, 2014, 00:11:36 | #22
Excellent point.
Holycrapiwantitsobadly. Haha, if I fell in that category, I'd have pledged multiple times to get the Grougal bust and this one, but alas, I can still afford the Blu-Rays

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-13
posté January 26, 2014, 00:41:29 | #23
Wait, people are thinking they are milking fans or leveraging there advertising costs with this project?

Dollar for dollar this is by far one of the better values for what you pledge I've seen on Kickstarter. Maybe some people here don't know what Kickstarter is for.

I've only been here a few weeks but a lot on these forums are by far the worst thing about the game.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté January 26, 2014, 00:46:45 | #24

Quote (Drelkag @ 26 January 2014 00:41) *
Wait, people are thinking they are milking fans or leveraging there advertising costs with this project?

Dollar for dollar this is by far one of the better values for what you pledge I've seen on Kickstarter. Maybe some people here don't know what Kickstarter is for.

I've only been here a few weeks but a lot on these forums are by far the worst thing about the game.
you're still running on the wakfu high that we are all familiar with

let it run out and then youll understand

posté January 26, 2014, 00:50:48 | #25
Your personal experiences with Ankama aside, this is undoubtedly one of the most rewarding Kickstarters - if not *the* most rewarding - that I've ever seen. With the exception of some of the more expensive tier objects (Which exist so that those who wish to donate more have something cool and exclusive to look forward to) these tiers are practically giving away their money's worth in rewards. It's pretty freaking astounding

posté January 26, 2014, 01:11:07 | #26

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 26 January 2014 00:46) *

That's the thing, knowing that this Kickstarter is far from 'milking fans' and 'leveraging advertising costs' has nothing to do with if I'm enjoying the game or not.

If those stereotypical forum-dwelling doomsayers would actually give reason on how this Kickstarter is doing just that it'd help change views.

Until then, I'll take them as just what I said.

[Image Removed] 

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - January 30, 2014, 19:27:14.
Reason for edit : [Forums Rules of Conduct - Trolling Image]
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté January 26, 2014, 02:11:48 | #27
I personally think its sad they are using kickstarter. Shows they aren't a real company

posté January 26, 2014, 03:28:43 | #28
Or, you know, a struggling one.
They're still only catering to a small community, and in all honesty, the largest reason they're doing this is to show international (North American at least) networks that there's interest, so they'll pick up the show, and thus grow the company's market

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté January 26, 2014, 03:36:14 | #29
Kick starter is awesome. A lot of companies use kick starter.

Through it they are also advertising.

Honestly.

1. I don't know why this person has to make this post, the kick starter post is on the front page.

2. I don't know whats the problem with utilizing kick-starter I see it as a beneficial thing. Ankama should get involved in EVERY network, as it is free networking****

3. Its either you donate or you don't, no need to complain, debate or argue. Some of the comments on this thread are quite distasteful.

Sure, I don't agree with all of the decisions Ankama makes, but I do want to see them prosper. Even through all the tough love I show them. They need to get better. This is good thing in my eyes.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté January 26, 2014, 05:02:02 | #30
[Moderated Quote Removed]

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - January 30, 2014, 19:43:02.
Reason for edit : [Forums rules of Conduct - Quoting of a Moderated Post]
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté January 26, 2014, 06:43:20 | #31
Why make a kickstarter for ankama devs when they never add anything we want? What happened to tokens and prospecting revamp?

They wont add tokens and prospecting revamp will be after the summer I bet..because "not enough time"

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté January 26, 2014, 06:58:43 | #32
[Moderated Quote Removed]

This is my thought. Seems like more for starting out companies or very small ones. Ankama is making money off 2 games yet they need to ask for donations to translate a product

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - January 30, 2014, 19:36:44.
Reason for edit : [Forums rules of Conduct - Quoting Moderated Post]
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté January 26, 2014, 08:05:20 | #33

Quote (Drelkag @ 26 January 2014 01:11) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 26 January 2014 00:46) *

That's the thing, knowing that this Kickstarter is far from 'milking fans' and 'leveraging advertising costs' has nothing to do with if I'm enjoying the game or not.

If those stereotypical forum-dwelling doomsayers would actually give reason on how this Kickstarter is doing just that it'd help change views.

Until then, I'll take them as just what I said.[Moderated Image Removed]

Since it appears that you're referring to myself, along with a collective of doomsayers, I'll refer you to my first few posts, where I explained my reasoning in entirety.

As expected, the enthusiasts have come, blinded by their love for the game, unable to see any argument that suggests it might soon be fading away, no matter what contemporary issues support it.

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - January 30, 2014, 19:50:32.
Reason for edit : [Forums rules of Conduct - Removed Moderated Image]
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté January 26, 2014, 08:34:17 | #34
I don't know about you guys, but $37 for 26 episodes of a show I enjoy and a T-shirt I enjoy. I think thats worth it, just sayin'.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté January 26, 2014, 09:39:28 | #35
Its a bit disappointing that so many people started to make fun of someone who made an account not to long ago.

on topic: the kickstarter is already close to 150k at this rate we reach season 2 goal in 5 more days!

posté January 26, 2014, 16:35:56 | #36

Quote (Jwguy @ 26 January 2014 08:05) *

Since it appears that you're referring to myself, along with a collective of doomsayers, I'll refer you to my first few posts, where I explained my reasoning in entirety.

As expected, the enthusiasts have come, blinded by their love for the game, unable to see any argument that suggests it might soon be fading away, no matter what contemporary issues support it.

I've read your posts, but I'm having trouble making sense of them.

You admit yourself you feel like Ankama isn't throwing manpower and funding at the game that you feel isn't in the best shape, that maybe the company itself is going down. Why do you feel they should take the risk to fund the project themselves, that is even if they could, after pitching the idea beforehand trying to bring it out of France but heard nothing back? It'd be a bad move any way you look at it.

That and how you say they're charging the playerbase for the funding, it couldn't be further from the truth. A community manager on Twitter said social media like Tumblr is bringing far more traffic in than the games website. The show had a cult following in the animation scene for awhile now, and anime-themed sites are advertising the Kickstarter and there's where most of the funding comes from. Check the comments on the Kickstarter page, there's a few asking about the game. If anything the Kickstarter is bringing people to the game, not the other way around.

Again, I read your posts. But the impression it gives is someone taking out aggression on Ankama because of personal issues. I can't see it as anything more. True talk.

This post has been edited by Drelkag - January 26, 2014, 22:49:58.
posté January 26, 2014, 22:52:03 | #37
[Removed Moderated Quote and Text]

On topic: Anyone know what the item redeemable in game is? Can't find anything on it.

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - January 30, 2014, 20:01:05.
Reason for edit : [Forums Rules of Conduct - Quoting Moderated Post]
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 27, 2014, 01:23:13 | #38
Heres why this wont help anything. Over the past two years Ankama has done everything in its power to make players not want to play on Nox. No in game moderators, allowed duping for half a year, no english support what so ever. Every Nox player is now on Dathura or the Asian server. So guess what happens when people watching the show in the new english dub show up to play. They pick Nox or Remington and find totally desolated player bases. They dont resub for another month.

As far as the show on its own goes I would never give money to pay for a dub. Especially one that seems awful already. The little promo video was fun, but the choice of voice actors was a joke. Sounds like loony toons or some shit.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté January 27, 2014, 01:50:34 | #39

Quote (IYesWayI @ 27 January 2014 01:23) *
Heres why this wont help anything. Over the past two years Ankama has done everything in its power to make players not want to play on Nox. No in game moderators, allowed duping for half a year, no english support what so ever. Every Nox player is now on Dathura or the Asian server. So guess what happens when people watching the show in the new english dub show up to play. They pick Nox or Remington and find totally desolated player bases. They dont resub for another month.

As far as the show on its own goes I would never give money to pay for a dub. Especially one that seems awful already. The little promo video was fun, but the choice of voice actors was a joke. Sounds like loony toons or some shit.

I think that Frigost island being released to the English-speaking servers still entirely in French, and remaining untranslated for a month was the moment when I truly understood how little Ankama cared.

I would not support this kickstarter, because physical discs are an obsolete media that I stopped collecting in the 2000's, and the animation has been fansubbed for years.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté January 27, 2014, 02:57:00 | #40
If we make it to the 3rd stretch goal, they'll translate the Wakfu manga to English. This is a step in the right direction to getting the comics translated! It's unfortunate that they're so short on translators that they need more money to do it though.