Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Thoughts about raising PP Cap for Enutrofs?
Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-01-30
posté February 01, 2014, 06:45:23 | #61

Quote (demonfoxassassin @ 01 February 2014 06:25) *

Quote (Kouromaro @ 01 February 2014 03:20) *

My concern with Enutrof in this discussion mainly involves the concept of it ever since Enu was released. A class having advantage in obtaining items, (greedy in nature too).
For that what I am suggesting is making Enu less a dd class and more a treasure hunter classes.
As for what I define treasure hunters: Excel at getting items. However whether or not they can survive the battle to keep the item is a different story. Typically dealing less damage than other classes.

So you want to turn them into a bad class that is given a better chance at more drops out of pity compensation.

I'm sorry, but no class deserves that kind of punishment whatsoever.
If you actually spend time to read my post instead of randomly picking one that you want to sneer at, you would find that I don't want to make an Enu a pitifully weak class. I have repeated from time to time that I want to see them JUST A BIT weaker but JUST THAT MUCH A BIT better at getting items. That is my impression of how most thief classes in most game is like. Why? Because I think that it at least give us the feeling of playing an actual treasure hunter class. Read all the posts in this thread, look at their impression. Many are thinking enus are rather a helluva strong dd. And the advantage enu has over item getting is getting weaker and weaker with updates.

Actually, do go and read my post, because you seem to have a severe trauma playing Enus and I addressed it.

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 01 February 2014 03:40) *
An earth Enu's damage output is stupid strong. I choose to believe the water/earth enu talking here doesn't have a geared one.
You are correct. Both about earth enus being crazy strong and I am not properly geared. However I would not say they are stronger than most dd classes, cause that is just wrong.

Wait a sec.... I thought praising a class being too strong was a taboo here in the forums....

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 01 February 2014 03:36) *

Quote (Kouromaro @ 01 February 2014 03:20) *
Do you realize I have both water and earth enu? :|
So you know how incredibly strong earth enus are?
Gotta admit I do. Despite they are limit to pretty much single target damage, their output is top of the list. However the fact remains that in order to take full advantage of their passive they have to stay non-earth for 1-2 turns; (which there was argument that it is not that big of a deal, and is the case with a few other classes) and if they want to walk into fight at high pp, they will sacrifice some damage in return (and I admit the cost of full pp for them is lower than for other class).

But as you can see, I am not that extremely hyped about dealing heck lot of damage... Weird one am I not...

(Off topic: Suddenly I am reminded there was this one update earth enu got slapped so hard in the face my favorite earth enu friend went water. But now they are this insanely strong...)

Also people are slowly convincing me more that my item getting life is great still. Discussion is yielding effect at least on one guy eh?

I don't know if our discussion has strayed into a different direction. Feels like it has... Looks like it has not.

While it was not the main point of this discussion but allow me to remind you that some one brought up the idea of each class have a higher cap/stat than others to emphasis their characteristic more. Example given includes Masq with higher dodge. I might want to open a different discussion thread once this topic cool down. 

This post has been edited by Kouromaro - February 01, 2014, 07:15:04.
posté February 01, 2014, 09:36:14 | #62

I want to see them JUST A BIT weaker but JUST THAT MUCH A BIT better at getting items.
Im going back to pouches, and I know you dont like that.
Pouches can be pretty hard to get out, and wont always yield a good item. But it is pretty much exactly what you just described. A slightly better chance to get a good item (no, youre right, it wont apply to most situations / dropping mats) with some restrictions. The water damage is still fairly good, its just a bit more difficult actually getting the item. Minemover and Drheller are both pretty easy ways to get it though.

However I would not say they are stronger than most dd classes, cause that is just wrong.
earth enus consistently match or out damage other dds. Not budging on that one

However the fact remains that in order to take full advantage of their passive they have to stay non-earth for 1-2 turns;
are you referring to stacking pp? I was under the impression that it was stacked by any of the enus attacks as long as he / she was on the mine. (Unless its limited to human form, and if thats the case the fire aoes are a very quick way of stacking it)

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-01-30
posté February 01, 2014, 19:08:25 | #63

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 01 February 2014 09:36) *

I want to see them JUST A BIT weaker but JUST THAT MUCH A BIT better at getting items.
Im going back to pouches, and I know you dont like that.
Pouches can be pretty hard to get out, and wont always yield a good item. But it is pretty much exactly what you just described. A slightly better chance to get a good item (no, youre right, it wont apply to most situations / dropping mats) with some restrictions. The water damage is still fairly good, its just a bit more difficult actually getting the item. Minemover and Drheller are both pretty easy ways to get it though.

Could be. However I still perceive a higher pp cap as something more... visible, tangible, you know what I mean?

However I would not say they are stronger than most dd classes, cause that is just wrong.
earth enus consistently match or out damage other dds. Not budging on that one

Depends a lot on whether or not the earth enus have to move right? Each movement you gain some damage bonus but lose mp to cast spells in return. I think it used to be the case that you move a certain number of mp to reach the optimal output. But now it seems more beneficial to just drain all the mp. An earth enu will be able to provide better feedback!

However the fact remains that in order to take full advantage of their passive they have to stay non-earth for 1-2 turns;
are you referring to stacking pp? I was under the impression that it was stacked by any of the enus attacks as long as he / she was on the mine. (Unless its limited to human form, and if thats the case the fire aoes are a very quick way of stacking it)

Ah it is cause the most popular zerker moves have disminished damage in human form. (Or boosted damage for zerker form). Difference is quite big.

Old man being senile during early morning. Disregard this.

This post has been edited by Kouromaro - February 02, 2014, 23:19:59.