I am not suggesting the anime to be shown on a network(s) for all the English speaking communities by any means. I honestly don't think Ankama is ready to jump into a huge contract. I believe they do need to advertise to the English speaking communities with some other kind of method though. What do you guys think?
1) Does Ankama have their own English Youtube channel? They could post videos that we would see on the site here, & weekly interviews with the developers (could have subtitles) regarding changes. They would not have to post episodes of the anime of course because that creates a hole in profits from sales. This would be completely free, so what's stopping them? The worst that could happen, is they'd fail. Money is not an issue here.
2) They could also go to anime conventions found throughout the English speaking territories. Obviously they would need a hired team to visit these conventions if they chose to visit so many. This would be unnecessary. All they need to do is hit up the big conventions! The conventions that tens of thousands attend. Send team members who are currently out of things to do. If not, then simply send moderators from the game's forums. If you were a mod, & u were asked to go to a convention even with no additional pay, but the travel fees were paid, would you go? I know I would love to!
3) Have ads on other websites. (I don't mean sites people have never heard of.)
4) Commercials? It would obviously be cheaper than a deal with a network. It would obviously pull the numbers. More than what what we have now, & anything helps the health of the server. The only thing they need to worry about is pulling enough numbers to make a profit off of the commercial itself.
5) What if they were to get a slot for an interview on a national radio station? That is something, & all they have to do is call & ask if they have time.
6) Start a podcast. A perfect example of how this could work is how long Skype calls really are when Wakfu players get together. They seem to go on for hours.
Word of mouth is not enough to pull in the subscriptions. I do not care what is done about promoting the game, but something does have to be done! Even if they were to just add an advertisement at the end of their episodes on the English dubbed episodes being worked on.