Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Is this a joke?, Bummed about the crafting system.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-09-01
posté January 30, 2014, 08:19:58 | #1
Is this a joke? So, I saw a recipe a few days ago and I was just too shocked or stunned to do anything about it, now I'm better, so let's check it out.

The recipe we're looking at is the Legendary helmet called Imperial Commander Helmet.

What does it requires?(All drop information from the official encyclopedia on the wakfu website)

20 x Crazy Sheperdess Helmet - 0.3% from Wild Gobbette and Impetuous Gobbette, 200PP lock
5 x French Maid Helmet - 0.3% from the Monk family of mobs, 3% from the boss Nun, 200PP lock
50 x Paratrich - 2~2.5% from Strich family of mobs, no lock.
10 x Crobak Hat - 1% from Crobak family of mobs, no lock.
1 x Master Tailor's Seal - Requires level 100 on the Tailor profession.
30 x Kokocap - 1% from Kokoko mob family, no lock.
99 x Helmetofu - 0.3% from Tofu mob family, 200PP lock.

Okay, realistically, you don't really have to drop it all, you can buy, right? So let's take a look at the prices(according to wakfu-elements, average price calculated based on all servers).

20 x Crazy Sheperdess Helmet - Average about 3.000 Kamas. (x20 = 60.000)
5 x French Maid Helmet - Average about 5.000 Kamas. (x5 = 25.000)
50 x Paratrich - Average about 100 Kamas. (x50 = 5.000)
10 x Crobak Hat - Average about 1.000 Kamas. (x10 = 10.000)
30 x Kokocap - Average about 100 Kamas. (x30 = 3000)
99 x Helmetofu - Average 500 Kamas. (x99 = 49.500, lets round it up to 50.000)

Total:
153.000 Kamas.

Ok, so, it's a legendary item and it's so supposed to be difficult. I spent a retarded amount of time or money collecting all those items, what is the epic reward?

Now, all of this was based on the fact that you would have the time, the items would be available on the market for you to buy, you would have 200PP for the locks, you had grinded the Tailor profession to the 100 level. All assuming you would sacrifice a set bonus for this helmet, this helmet, that despites being legendary, is a re-color of the sufokian guard outfit.

What was the entire point of this? I don't know. This is just a big bummer, seeing how most recipes are like this. I could take even more examples, the Gobbalrog Helmet, that requires 20 x Royal Gobball Helmet, which is a 1% chance drop from the Royal Gobball, with a 400PP lock, that if you wanted to make it, it would require 3x Gobball Headgear, which is a 0.3% drop from gobballs with a 200PP lock. Said Gobbalrog Helmet, that requires 10 x Cloudy Cap, again, 1% drop from a boss, 400PP lock. What are the stats?

All of this just makes me wonder, and one day I would seriously like an answer, what were the developers thinking when they came up with this system? It isn't fun to craft these items, nor it is rewarding, it's just a grind, a MASSIVE grind, for a re-colored item. I would like to one day get in the mind of the person who tought about all of this, because it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I can easily find items that are way easier to acquire and WAY better for a lot of reasons than those that I used as an example of what is simply a broken crafting system.

Miss Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté January 30, 2014, 09:36:26 | #2
remember the horridness that was gobbsage to craft?

But really, those helmets aren't really worth crafting anyway, imo. Especially considering there are better dropped hats and easier crafted ones (apprentice, initiate and sage are just as good if not better). The higher level you get- the more set bonuses don't matter. High level gear doesn't even have set bonuses.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté January 30, 2014, 11:22:08 | #3
Those items are pretty out-dated, my friend. Check this out: Click here

You're losing some Hp, trading the Initiative for quite a bit of Lock plus smidge of Block, and losing 2% Damage along with 1% Res. Not bad at all.

Long story short, they were good(goodish if you take a look at the time of how long it took to craft them) and are simply out-performed by easier-to-drop gear. I'm sure they'll get a revamp/be easier to craft with this nifty little system that Ankama is imposing in the upcoming patch.

This post has been edited by Toasty4 - January 30, 2014, 11:23:52.
Reason for edit : Grammar is hard at 2am.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté January 30, 2014, 15:09:58 | #4
Telling the OP this gear is out-dated does nothing but reaffirm just how ridiculous the costs are to craft those items.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-09-01
posté January 30, 2014, 15:35:30 | #5

Quote (Toasty4 @ 30 January 2014 11:22) *
Those items are pretty out-dated, my friend. Check this out: Click here

You're losing some Hp, trading the Initiative for quite a bit of Lock plus smidge of Block, and losing 2% Damage along with 1% Res. Not bad at all.

Long story short, they were good(goodish if you take a look at the time of how long it took to craft them) and are simply out-performed by easier-to-drop gear. I'm sure they'll get a revamp/be easier to craft with this nifty little system that Ankama is imposing in the upcoming patch.
Can I have a link to this new "nifty little system"?

Also, it's not just about "outdated" gear. ALL the items I've seen are like that, as I've said, Royal Gobball Helmet(still relevant and useful) - 3x Gobball Helmet and a bunch of other really hard to get stuff, just so you can wear it for 10 levels and forget about it through the rest of your experience. And if it was just about the requirements, you require profession level, which you gain by crafting really hard stuff to make, so you can't just make 100 twiggy daggers and level a bunch. You have to craft every single time one of those GRIND AS HELL items to level it, so you understand why I'm so stunned this even exists the way it is.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-06-27
posté January 30, 2014, 15:53:26 | #6
they already mentioned that this game is on going projekt. alot of items and contents are gonna get several reworks, untill this game has reached its max lvl cap. These items use to be decent. And this content was developed in time where all contents were developed to be "long period content"(grind). So people won't get bored easily and quit.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté January 30, 2014, 15:53:34 | #7

Quote (Gynrei @ 30 January 2014 15:09) *
Telling the OP this gear is out-dated does nothing but reaffirm just how ridiculous the costs are to craft those items.
Let's go back some months, let's say March of '13. Before the item revamps, and before the level cap increases, and spell level revamp.

That Imperial Commander Helmet 'used' to be one of those most OP helmets in the game. If a player had it, you would definitely be amazed of the work that player did to obtain it.

Definitely comparing itself to Rog Helm, or Janairo, at that given time. The grind and effort people put into getting that headpiece really paid off once you obtained the helmet.

I can agree that the helmet, at this stage of the game, is definitely outdated, players don't want to grind for it anymore. It doesn't have the same appeal as it once did. There are too many items out there that can compare, if not surpass the stats that it gives.

I can also agree that the craft system is pretty lame, and tedious, and the costs of these 'used-to-be' items must be reduced.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté January 30, 2014, 16:18:13 | #8
It's still been a pretty powerful helm until the M.A.R.C. II helm came out. Only other Control/Range helms other than those two are Larduous Cap (lvl118) and Sage Helm (lvl135)

Quick, someone nerf the MARC II helm!

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté January 30, 2014, 16:34:44 | #9
I agree, this stuff is (was) op for its level, I can come up with only a couple of master craft stuff that is still relatively useful: boots, cape, axe, cards, wand. Nice to have them, painful to get from scratch. Bit by bit they are outshined by 130+ gear (not talking about 150+). Anyway that is the idea of item revamp, the yellower the better, the higher lvl the better. But do not forget that these 100 level items are ridiculously easy to rune comparing to 140-150 lvl items.

Too bad the development of mastercrafting stopped at some point, I'd like to see more seals at milestones like 150 or 200 craft level, or crafts that 'upgrade' previous tier (Grou Axe -> Ultra Powerful Grou Axe)

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté January 30, 2014, 17:46:11 | #10

Quote (LioVamp @ 30 January 2014 16:34) *
I agree, this stuff is (was) op for its level, I can come up with only a couple of master craft stuff that is still relatively useful: boots, cape, axe, cards, wand. Nice to have them, painful to get from scratch. Bit by bit they are outshined by 130+ gear (not talking about 150+). Anyway that is the idea of item revamp, the yellower the better, the higher lvl the better. But do not forget that these 100 level items are ridiculously easy to rune comparing to 140-150 lvl items.

Too bad the development of mastercrafting stopped at some point, I'd like to see more seals at milestones like 150 or 200 craft level, or crafts that 'upgrade' previous tier (Grou Axe -> Ultra Powerful Grou Axe)

Agreed^^

Slotting some level 100 legendaries has been well worth it for me. I still use Imperial Merchant Ring and Zeorus Blade at 130.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté January 30, 2014, 18:34:31 | #11
From beginning to end, this thread had me in stitches. I can feel my hatred melting away.

On topic, yes the recipe costs for the master craft gear need to be greatly reduced. (Or do away with the seal that limits a player to just one of the crafts. If a player is willing to suffer the ordeal multiple times per profession, why stop them?) I'm sure that the crafting revamp will do this, but that is months away, if not longer.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 30, 2014, 18:52:12 | #12
Guys, please stay on the topic subject, I am seeing some derailing forcing me to moderate the thread while the content is very interesting.

Don't forget that we also have the Off-Topic Subforum for that.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté January 30, 2014, 19:45:25 | #13
Asking someone to find 99 croclage daggers or gob swords is not ok. You cant expect people to subscribe (or more important sugges this game to friends).

it turns wakfu into a job, a boring job

it would be ok if you asked for 20 dark purple from vampyro or something like that, but 99 gob swords (1% drop)

You know how long it takes to get a prof to 100? That alone should make the legendary crafts not require 99 of anything, its annoying and they really need to change it

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté January 30, 2014, 20:00:02 | #14
I liked runescapes crafting system with its simplicity, crafting armor required metal from the same rank and some coal, you needed 1 runite ore and 8 coals for the highest type of bar and the most difficult item needed 5 bars to craft. It also felt realistic as the bigger items required more metal and higher level ore needed to be melted with more coal as they are much stronger.

Wakfu should pay more attention to its materials that are needed in professions, it starts out fine with piwi stuff that requires feathers, dyes and clay, stuff that looks like it could be used to craft a real hat.

But then you need 20 ice planks, 52 metal bolts, 6 wrenches aaaand 28 armored support made from more wood to make......a cute shirt made from cotton? I sure as hell don't see the materials back in this item. This isn't unique and i actually find it sloppy that there isn't any link between the materials and the result. I hope the devs will take another look at this aspect  

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-05-30
posté January 30, 2014, 20:57:32 | #15
A revamp of legendary items is a good idea.
Maybe a new craft with the old legendary in the recipe