Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

New Island In Development! Spoiler on Beta.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté January 30, 2014, 22:24:13 | #21

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 30 January 2014 22:21) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 January 2014 22:19) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 30 January 2014 16:29) *

Quote (Magma-Moon @ 30 January 2014 16:27) *
Dofus is getting a Cania Plains revamp in February, and we ALL know what's in Cania, right? No, not an abundant use of space - Cania Desert! That's what's sprung to mind right now.
Except for the fact that we have Cania Plains in Bonta, and if they were to add a desert portion it would be next to that area. As Hudski said, it is probably related to The Cursed Fountain episode in Wakfu Season 2 .
Cania plains isn't a desert it's a canyon
The "Cania Desert" area is renamed to "The Stontusk Desert." This area has been entirely reworked, includes new quests, houses, paddocks, a whole family of level 150 monsters and a level 160 dungeon (Kanigrula's Grotto). A few collectible resources have been added in the area as well.

If Ankama says Cania has a desert, it must be a desert.
Right because thousands of years and a massive flood can't change things.

Edit: oh wow ignore me im thinking of kara christ I always get those two mixed up

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - January 30, 2014, 22:26:14.
Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 30, 2014, 22:41:53 | #22

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 January 2014 22:24) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 30 January 2014 22:21) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 January 2014 22:19) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 30 January 2014 16:29) *

Quote (Magma-Moon @ 30 January 2014 16:27) *
Dofus is getting a Cania Plains revamp in February, and we ALL know what's in Cania, right? No, not an abundant use of space - Cania Desert! That's what's sprung to mind right now.
Except for the fact that we have Cania Plains in Bonta, and if they were to add a desert portion it would be next to that area. As Hudski said, it is probably related to The Cursed Fountain episode in Wakfu Season 2 .
Cania plains isn't a desert it's a canyon
The "Cania Desert" area is renamed to "The Stontusk Desert." This area has been entirely reworked, includes new quests, houses, paddocks, a whole family of level 150 monsters and a level 160 dungeon (Kanigrula's Grotto). A few collectible resources have been added in the area as well.

If Ankama says Cania has a desert, it must be a desert.
Right because thousands of years and a massive flood can't change things.
Well when you make short little remarks like you did, it sounded like you were saying that Cania Desert in Dofus was not a desert and instead a canyon and thus a desert cannot exist in Wakfu. Though I now realize you are talking about how it is in Wakfu with your Ogrest reference, as well as your scope of knowledge when it comes to Cania. You realize that in Dofus Cania Plains was a massive area that had various areas inside of it, one being a subarea called Cania Plains, another Cania Desert, Cania Fields, Lousy Pig Plain. So the Cania Plains in Wakfu might just be that subarea, and thus they could easily put Cania Desert and the like in the game. It helps if you know what we were talking about.

EDIT: Haha, I forgot to press send and did not check if you changed your post. So you can ignore this I guess .

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 30, 2014, 22:43:26.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-03-30
posté January 30, 2014, 22:43:33 | #23
Kaniger Plains :O

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2008-07-22
posté January 30, 2014, 22:49:26 | #24

Quote (Sting-Shotter @ 30 January 2014 22:43) *
If we're following the Dofus Map setup that's nowhere near where the Kanis are, however Dofus did just announce a new Kaniger dungeon, and Wakfu usually follows the trends so it's possible.

Personally. I think it could be the remnants of the Sponge Mob dungeon, which would be in the correct place based on the map. A thousand years to turn a beachy sand castle into a desert doesn't seem that all farfetched.

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 30, 2014, 22:50:15 | #25

No, it is not. Minimikeh and I just derailed the thread since he got mixed up between Cania and Kara. It is a brand new island .

posté January 30, 2014, 23:31:11 | #26

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 30 January 2014 22:50) *

No, it is not. Minimikeh and I just derailed the thread since he got mixed up between Cania and Kara. It is a brand new island .
it happens way to often with me its a little embarrassing since I was hardcore bonta for so long as well

sorry about that

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 31, 2014, 00:34:08 | #27
Nice finding! Thanks for sharing hehe.  

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2005-07-29
posté January 31, 2014, 01:09:00 | #28
At first I thought "Minotot Island" but was all... omg no please let that place wash away. ;~;

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-01-30
posté January 31, 2014, 01:11:11 | #29

Quote (Sabi @ 31 January 2014 00:34) *
Is it just me or Sabi sounds like. "Opps. Thanks for that bug report. I will now proceed to make sure it is no longer there"?

Just for fun. It's new year.

posté January 31, 2014, 01:15:39 | #30

any news of when its coming or info on the cactus mobs sabi wink wink  

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté January 31, 2014, 01:24:54 | #31
There are 2 new plants, 2 new ores and 3 new trapper harvests clearly linked to this island. The ores are "sandy mineral" and black gold (it was sitting in the game files for ages, iirc), the plants are some sort of aloe and venus flytrap, if google translate is correct... the trapper harvests are 2 types of seeds and something without a sprite harvested from the Cacterres I'll try to provide screenshots.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté January 31, 2014, 01:33:31 | #32

Quote (axemangx @ 30 January 2014 17:55) *

Quote (LioVamp @ 30 January 2014 16:46) *
Shai-Hulud UB pls =)
If we get a Legendary one handed sword called a Crysknife, hell yes.
Watch: The longer you leave it unequipped, the more nerfed the stats get.

posté January 31, 2014, 01:36:23 | #33
On a slightly related side note: has anyone found a way to access Alkatrool on the Beta server? It's not on the map anymore, unlike the new island... Also, there's something that looks like another new island right next to Astrub.

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté January 31, 2014, 02:21:43 | #34

Quote (Tropical-Ace @ 30 January 2014 22:49) *
Personally. I think it could be the remnants of the Sponge Mob dungeon, which would be in the correct place based on the map. A thousand years to turn a beachy sand castle into a desert doesn't seem that all farfetched.

At first I was gonna say that's not where Astrub is located, but then I realised that Astrub has been rebuilt in a new place and geographically, it's just north of Amakna (Castle) which absolutely lines that island up with Astrub Rocky Inlet.

I'd be kinda annoyed if Sponge Mob came back with any kind of importance but I would be excited for the return of Raul Mops.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté January 31, 2014, 04:11:16 | #35
Otomai Island maybe?

posté January 31, 2014, 04:18:24 | #36
I'd like to point at the fact that one of the new families that will inhabit the island are apparently fungus monsters... There were fungus people in Wakfu at one point, in the very early beta when multiple kinds of prespics, mutant tofus and mobs possessed by polters existed (or wait, maybe those possessed one were only concept art...?). A comeback of an old concept after a few years, maybe?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté January 31, 2014, 04:56:31 | #37

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 31 January 2014 04:18) *
I'd like to point at the fact that one of the new families that will inhabit the island are apparently fungus monsters... There were fungus people in Wakfu at one point, in the very early beta when multiple kinds of prespics, mutant tofus and mobs possessed by polters existed (or wait, maybe those possessed one were only concept art...?). A comeback of an old concept after a few years, maybe?
OH GOSH GUYS. if you look at the achievements you see a bunch of new ones for old mobs like tofus and what not now at first i thought maybe they were wild tofu achievements but perhaps this is it? this island will be inhabited by these infected mobs... Also anyone else noticed on the achievement list there was a bunch of stuff and it had a lenald statue as a reward. I cant be bothered to translate heck i barely do it for my german class... however i find the achievements i keep seeing pop up in beta interesting at least for their titles.

posté January 31, 2014, 05:17:56 | #38

Quote (Nox16 @ 31 January 2014 04:56) *

OH GOSH GUYS. if you look at the achievements you see a bunch of new ones for old mobs like tofus and what not now at first i thought maybe they were wild tofu achievements but perhaps this is it? this island will be inhabited by these infected mobs... Also anyone else noticed on the achievement list there was a bunch of stuff and it had a lenald statue as a reward. I cant be bothered to translate heck i barely do it for my german class... however i find the achievements i keep seeing pop up in beta interesting at least for their titles.
The achievements related to tofus, googoos etc. aren't related to the new island. 3 of them are from the missing celestial variants of the oryal dungeons, the rest looks like the almost forgotten wild mob update. The lenald statue is just a placeholder.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté January 31, 2014, 05:46:24 | #39

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 31 January 2014 05:17) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 31 January 2014 04:56) *

The achievements related to tofus, googoos etc. aren't related to the new island. 3 of them are from the missing celestial variants of the oryal dungeons, the rest looks like the almost forgotten wild mob update. The lenald statue is just a placeholder.
cant you let me dream about an island full of infestation.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 31, 2014, 06:55:26 | #40

Quote (Kouromaro @ 31 January 2014 01:11) *

Is it just me or Sabi sounds like. "Opps. Thanks for that bug report. I will now proceed to make sure it is no longer there"?

Just for fun. It's new year.

Haha, I never said that. Besides it is also on the image that I added to the changelog, hehe.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 31 January 2014 01:15) *

any news of when its coming or info on the cactus mobs sabi wink wink

I will investigate and see what can be shared.