Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Cheating by alt voting

Thread closed

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté February 01, 2014, 08:13:38 | #21

Quote (Madd1 @ 01 February 2014 08:00) *

Quote (Asthis @ 31 January 2014 21:58) *
What about alt voting for a statue? That's pretty unfair. What if somebody alt voted and replaced the Borg statue?

As a final note, I would also like to point out I believe their guild is bigger than HoN, Shu and LL put together....

-Madd
HoN is a mostly brakmar guild of 200 members (which is the max a guild can be). If people go inactive we remove them for more active people. (I dont think this is name sharing since I am talking about my own guild. Unless I am not allowed to mention myself)

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2013-02-21
posté February 01, 2014, 14:58:22 | #22
I would like to bump this thread and say that WHOLE ELECTION SYSTEM needs a revamp!
We are seriously tired here in Amakna (Remington) to fence off one stubborn individual, who keeps signing for elections almost every time just FOR TITLE AND CROWN. And when he does sign up, he begins to vote himself up with unbelievable army of alts, which is obvious, as they all carry same name traits. Go ahead, tell me that these may be his guild mates and so on, but then again - such voting system was broken from the beginning. Alt voting is ruining the whole election thing, because if some certain people sign up, since then it becomes more like a race for some election members - will they gather up enough FAIR voices from people in friendly guilds, their friends and just people they know OR the other person with many alts wins.
Jealous? Maybe. Tired? Of course. Just want to be heard for once by the developers, because this is getting too much already. We have rivalling communities in this game, who constantly trying to push their governors to the throne, but some of these governors don't do even a ponypoop for their Nation when elected. Or do such a mess, no one would want to see them again, yet they keep voting themselves up again and again. And no one can stop this, because whole system is broken.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-21
posté February 01, 2014, 15:24:59 | #23
i understand other people need a chance but i don't want some dude messing up bonus, but still alt voting is really making things unfair.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté February 01, 2014, 16:07:48 | #24
1 vote per guild perhaps for election?

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté February 01, 2014, 16:10:54 | #25

Quote (MereBytes @ 01 February 2014 16:07) *
1 vote per guild perhaps for election?
The problem there is that everyone has their own opinion, if one at all. So everyone should have the right to vote. The ability to alt-vote however.... not so much.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 01, 2014, 16:46:33 | #26
100% agree, alt voting shouldn't be allowed. One vote per account per nation is enough.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-07-05
posté February 01, 2014, 17:17:46 | #27
Join Sufokia, best politics, I'm living proof. Didn't even need alt votes and I got elected twice.

posté February 01, 2014, 18:51:45 | #28

Quote (smallz117 @ 01 February 2014 17:17) *
Join Sufokia, best politics, I'm living proof. Didn't even need alt votes and I got elected twice.
The problem with this is that Ankama made everyone to sell themselves for Nation bonuses and only some very faithful people remain to their Nation not for bonus, but just because they like the Nation look, design or something about it.

posté February 01, 2014, 19:30:40 | #29
Regardless on anyone's stance here... We all have something in common. We all dislike alt-voting. I haven't seen someone pro alt-voting. So instead of attacking each other,why don't we work together & create an organized thread to show Ankama that we're serious about this much needed change.

If we really want them to listen, we should at least be respectful to ourselves. We just need to create a serious thread for Ankama supporting the change we want, we need the numbers to show how many players truly want this change, and we need to do so without arguments and trolling.

This has been bugging so many people for such a long period of time. Obviously the problem is we cannot see that others are on the same page. We have a common goal, & instead of showing the only people that can do something (Ankama) that we want change, we sit day in and day out arguing over the legitimacy of each other in the current political light.

Until we work together in an organized mature manor, nothing will be accomplished.
~Fleur De Lis

posté February 01, 2014, 19:40:22 | #30

Quote (RaVeN-Fifteen @ 01 February 2014 19:30) *
Regardless on anyone's stance here... We all have something in common. We all dislike alt-voting. I haven't seen someone pro alt-voting. So instead of attacking each other,why don't we work together & create an organized thread to show Ankama that we're serious about this much needed change.

If we really want them to listen, we should at least be respectful to ourselves. We just need to create a serious thread for Ankama supporting the change we want, we need the numbers to show how many players truly want this change, and we need to do so without arguments and trolling.

This has been bugging so many people for such a long period of time. Obviously the problem is we cannot see that others are on the same page. We have a common goal, & instead of showing the only people that can do something (Ankama) that we want change, we sit day in and day out arguing over the legitimacy of each other in the current political light.

Until we work together in an organized mature manor, nothing will be accomplished.
~Fleur De Lis
This, on so many levels. You have my full support.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté February 01, 2014, 23:54:05 | #31

Quote (androgyous @ 01 February 2014 08:13) *

Quote (Madd1 @ 01 February 2014 08:00) *

Quote (Asthis @ 31 January 2014 21:58) *
What about alt voting for a statue? That's pretty unfair. What if somebody alt voted and replaced the Borg statue?

As a final note, I would also like to point out I believe their guild is bigger than HoN, Shu and LL put together....

-Madd
HoN is a mostly brakmar guild of 200 members (which is the max a guild can be). If people go inactive we remove them for more active people. (I dont think this is name sharing since I am talking about my own guild. Unless I am not allowed to mention myself)

Lovelace can have 20-30 characters active on a busy day, so I don't know how that's even possible for Forsaken to have more active members than all 3 of those guilds combined.

posté February 02, 2014, 00:14:20 | #32
I'd like to stay on topic if you guys don't mind? I think all of us should try to find a solution together right here in this thread. Once we come up with the best solution then we should create a new thread free of arguments to show Ankama that we can all stand behind an idea together & support it.

I think the most popular solution so far has been one character, per account, per nation. I'd like for all of us to work together nicely, & try to list some pros and cons. If someone has a new idea that they'd like to talk about regarding alt-voting, we could do the same for that idea as well. Once finished, we can call a vote.

Sabi has told us that we can message her with requests for polls which are listed on Wakfu's home page. I think that this would be a great idea once all of the options are out on the table.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-04-11
posté February 02, 2014, 01:22:16 | #33
That solution has been suggested and acknowledged by the devs for more than a year. If you all want to suggest it again, I suggest using Sabi's Wishlist thread.

posté February 02, 2014, 02:01:02 | #34
I'm hoping that they will take into account the number of players that want it changed. It might help if we go out of our way & pull the numbers of support in it's own thread.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-05-08
posté February 02, 2014, 04:15:30 | #35
I dont chime in often but alt voting is not an ideal system. let it stop please.

posté February 02, 2014, 09:09:34 | #36

Quote (RaVeN-Fifteen @ 02 February 2014 00:14) *

I think the most popular solution so far has been one character, per account, per nation.
I think one vote per account is indeed the reasonable solution. Because it cuts off the multiple voting for one person, BUT we still must face the multiboxers, who have more than one account and who still can vote with more than one account. I'd say that the whole way of how voting goes probably needs changing maybe. Or, to be honest, I heard a lot of people even saying that we don't need governor system at all. Because a lot of people finds the governors not needed.

This post has been edited by FinroyThePuppeteer - February 02, 2014, 09:16:17.
Reason for edit : adding, correction
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté February 02, 2014, 09:19:39 | #37
The political system was interesting in theory.. but outside of starting pointless wars which annoys everyone it's sort of redundant. Granted I know most people who run ensure the ecosystem is nice and balanced, so that's something.

I do think a complete overhaul might be in order, or at least make it so all the current islands are conquerable with the nation which has conquered said island receives a rather sizable buff (standard stuff, wisdom / PP / crafting speed.. double exp?!) when on the island. Alternatively a universal buff for the amount of islands conquered could be cool. Lastly a unique dungeon only accessible by the nation which owns the island could be an option.

It would mean a better PvP system I suppose, but eh, I tend to avoid politics and whatnot.

Anyways, just my two cents.

posté February 02, 2014, 09:21:46 | #38

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 02 February 2014 09:19) *
all the current islands are conquerable with the nation which has conquered said island receives a rather sizable buff (standard stuff, wisdom / PP / crafting speed.. double exp?!) when on the island. Alternatively a universal buff for the amount of islands conquered could be cool. Lastly a unique dungeon only accessible by the nation which owns the island could be an option.

It would mean a better PvP system I suppose
Big no to that. This would just fuel the whole rotten thing we have now even more.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté February 02, 2014, 09:23:37 | #39

Quote (FinroyThePuppeteer @ 02 February 2014 09:21) *

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 02 February 2014 09:19) *
all the current islands are conquerable with the nation which has conquered said island receives a rather sizable buff (standard stuff, wisdom / PP / crafting speed.. double exp?!) when on the island. Alternatively a universal buff for the amount of islands conquered could be cool. Lastly a unique dungeon only accessible by the nation which owns the island could be an option.

It would mean a better PvP system I suppose
Big no to that. This would just fuel the whole rotten thing we have now even more.

PvP on my server IS dead and politics is purely for a crown and bragging rights.

Perhaps getting rid of the system completely, because what else can you do? Alt voting is an issue, but given what politics means and how arguably useless it is I'd rather they focus on actual issues.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - February 02, 2014, 09:26:41.
posté February 02, 2014, 09:26:03 | #40

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 02 February 2014 09:23) *

Perhaps getting rid of the system completely, because what else can you do?

That's the thing - we either need to ask for a reasonable solution or ask to eradicate the system. I myself as no friend of PVP find no joy in fighting, but if you feel you need one, come, offer a solution.

This post has been edited by FinroyThePuppeteer - February 02, 2014, 09:28:05.
Reason for edit : correction, addition

Thread closed