Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Relic drop chance or how Ankama saying truth to us.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2006-11-25
posté February 05, 2014, 10:30:56 | #1
Relic drop chance or how Ankama saying truth to us. I prefer, of course, to have some Devs or CMs answering here, but I think I have no chance. They just don’t care, probably reading posts like that and laughing out loud. Sad, but truth.

I know there are tons of similar whining posts, but I just can’t be quiet any longer.

Just some information about drop chance of relic fragments (Gelano and Solomonk)

1. Tbh I don’t care about gelano, but I was gathering mats for Otomai BPs and collected 14 royal jellies by killing Jellix Emperor

As a result I dropped 1 (one, single) fragment of Gelano from him.

According to Wakfu encyclopedia there is 10% drop chance of Gelano fragment from that boss and 5% drop chance of Royal Jelly

(Click here)

Ofc I had 800 pp with no challenges, and trying to complete challenges each time, and I dropped 14 pieces with 5% chance and 1 with 10%?

Are you guys kidding us? Can someone check those chances in game code and write RIGHT ONE in your own encyclopedia? That would be honest at least.

2. Couple words about solomonk farming.

Of course I understand that such thing shouldn’t be easy and so on, but still, we just want to know the real situation about drop chances.

I know that may be we just not lucky enough but there is screen we dropped 6 tarouded leather with 1% chance from 1 fight.

Click here

I wish I could drop solomonk fragments at least with the same 1% chance.

Are we talking about Ankama math again? 1 do not equal 1?

Click here

Here is a link for chafer, as u can see they have the same chance to drop tarouded leather and solomonk fragment, but what I calculated – the chance for tarouded leather is like 10 times higher, or probably problem is in chance for solomonk fragment which is 10 times lower? I have no idea, but usually I have 10 leathers for 1 piece of solomonk.

Next about dropping from boss. For now we killed her like 40 times only – dropped 3 or 4 Necro cloacks, 7 necro belts and tons of other stuff. And only 1 solomonk fragment was dropped from boss fight. I cannot be sure that it was from boss - but I want to believe in that 10%, I just can't.

For those who don’t know – you can check here - Click here

So Ankama says us that we are so unlucky dropped more than 10 items with 1% cnahce and 1 only with 10%.

Seriously? Sorry again – I don’t believe in that shit.

Can someone with real knowledge about current situation answer here? It would be great, and I am sure – a lot of people would appreciate this.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Arahuello - February 05, 2014, 10:35:41.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté February 05, 2014, 10:59:59 | #2
In short,

When Tarouded Leather is obtained on the drop table each player gets to roll for it.

When a relic fragment is added to the drop table, ONLY one person gets to roll for it. That fragment is either dropped by that person... or it is NOT. It doesnt return back to the drop table.

There fore cutting the drop rate by 1/6th of a chance.

THIS IS THE TYPE OF GOLDEN SCARA DUNG AND ASTRUB RAT DRIED DROPPINGS THAT WOULD MAKE GOLLUM GO:

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2010-11-13
posté February 05, 2014, 11:01:15 | #3
I honestly think the Problem with the Drop System is, that Ankama look at it statistically...
So we don´t want this item to be dropped every fight, we make it a 1% Drop.
While this would mean that literally around every 100 Fights this item would Drop...

Reality is more like we both sit down, i give you a Dice with 100 Sides (Yeah it sounds unrealistic, but well...) and say throw a 77 and you get the item. Which could result in that you do it 500 Times and still
don´t get anything. Or maybe you are lucky and get it after 3 times... who knows...

Well i not even want to imagine this on the 0.1% items  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-23
posté February 05, 2014, 11:02:19 | #4

Quote (aquabeauty @ 05 February 2014 10:59) *
In short,

When Tarouded Leather is obtained on the drop table each player gets to roll for it.

When a relic fragment is added to the drop table, ONLY one person gets to roll for it. That fragment is either dropped by that person... or it is NOT. It doesnt return back to the drop table.

THIS IS THE TYPE OF GOLDEN SCARA DUNG AND ASTRUB RAT DRIED DROPPINGS THAT WOULD MAKE GOLLUM GO: [Gifs]
This is really bad, and much worse than old system.
I wish they would change it to the way normal items are dropped, we have to gather 100 anyway, it's ridiculous that we still get handicapped like this.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Itsade - February 05, 2014, 18:17:43.
Reason for edit : Removed quoted gifs
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté February 05, 2014, 11:08:06 | #5

Quote (Pokiehls @ 05 February 2014 11:02) *

Quote (aquabeauty @ 05 February 2014 10:59) *
In short,

THIS IS THE TYPE OF GOLDEN SCARA DUNG AND ASTRUB RAT DRIED DROPPINGS THAT WOULD MAKE GOLLUM GO:[Gifs]
This is really bad, and much worse than old system.
I wish they would change it to the way normal items are dropped, we have to gather 100 anyway, it's ridiculous that we still get handicapped like this.
I am just hoping that sabi comes in here and confirms I am 100% WRONG AND EXPLAINS TO US HOW THE SHING-DING REALLY GOES DOWN.

I have asked this in the past before and I have never received a response. I do recall reading that the drop is rolled by the individual and not the table members. Which is awful.

TLDR; I WANT TO BE 150% wrong and to be explained the correct distribution of such questionable fragments.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Itsade - February 05, 2014, 18:18:01.
Reason for edit : Removed quoted gifs
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2010-11-13
posté February 05, 2014, 11:09:51 | #6

Quote (aquabeauty @ 05 February 2014 11:08) *
I am just hoping that sabi comes in here and confirms I am 100% WRONG AND EXPLAINS TO US HOW THE SHING-DING REALLY GOES DOWN.

I have asked this in the past before and I have never received a response. I do recall reading that the drop is rolled by the individual and not the table members. Which is awful.
Maybe its just me, but i don´t even get the idea of making it like this... Only realistic idea that came to my mind is : "Ankama just want to make the Grind harder"

This post has been edited by [MOD]Itsade - February 05, 2014, 18:18:09.
Reason for edit : Forum Rule: Pyramid Quoting
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté February 05, 2014, 12:11:15 | #7
the thing about the gelano or the boss is only the emperor drops the gelano fragments all the others dont... so there you go.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-10-22
posté February 05, 2014, 12:31:38 | #8
Current drop system must be fully replaced, there's no other choice. Winning a really hard boss battle and dropping nothing of value is absolutely unacceptable. This is blatant disrespect to player's effort.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-08-27
posté February 05, 2014, 13:01:05 | #9
Winning a really hard boss battle and dropping nothing of value is absolutely unacceptable. This is blatant disrespect to player's effort.

One word

TOKENS!

This post has been edited by OM3GA-Z3R0 - February 05, 2014, 13:04:38.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté February 05, 2014, 13:22:14 | #10
Whole relics were also most likely limited to 1 per party. Nothing has really changed.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-10-22
posté February 05, 2014, 14:49:28 | #11

Quote (OM3GA-Z3R0 @ 05 February 2014 13:01) *
Winning a really hard boss battle and dropping nothing of value is absolutely unacceptable. This is blatant disrespect to player's effort.

One word

TOKENS!
I absolutely disagree. You had to do an unacceptable amount of dungeon runs before you could get anything remotely worthwhile from tokens. And really hard drops weren't even available via token buy. I don't want to ever, ever have to re-run a dungeon for any reason other than trying another tactic or another team. It's a game, not a job after all! With current market system you could trade thing you've dropped for thing you want but if you didn't drop anything valuable you're screwed, period.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2006-11-25
posté February 05, 2014, 15:54:28 | #12
Last time I mentioned some moderators work Sabi suddenly came into my topic.

Probably we should use that exploit to attract some Devs here  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté February 05, 2014, 15:58:04 | #13
Ankama did the math and let relic fragments drop 100 times more than a full relic. But of course you need 100 of these fragments, so nothing changed mathematically.

Here is my issue with this philosophy:

There are plenty of Gelano and Bearbarian fragments around but very few players buy them because trying to find 100 is not guaranteed. It's also expensive when you could try to buy better relics. Some players don't sell them and trying to find that many lower tier relic fragments at one time is near impossible.

So here we are, with thousands of players in game running around with one or two fragments each. in total we might have enough fragments for a couple relics. These Relics will never actually be in game because the community can't gather them together to make the relic. The old relic drop system would actually see more relics in game because for every 100 fragments SCATTERED across the player base we'd have one usable relic.. This system is a nerf imo.

Boss drops should help the new system but as others have experienced it isn't the case.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté February 05, 2014, 16:17:57 | #14
And then they wonder why we dont recommend wakfu. As long as drops are this bad I wont let anyone I know subscribe to this.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 05, 2014, 18:14:40 | #15
Fuck the current drop systems, I'm so frustrated by this game. I haven't played for more than 5 mins in a week and a half, it's like I log in, I tried opening up my inventory with my hotkeys, and that shit is bugged too, instant log out.

Fucks sake, so many bugs on top of the many other shit within the game, already making it harder to play.

Idk, it's gotten to the point where everything is just meh. I see all my relic fragments, and if I don't spend millions of kamas obtaining more, I'm never going to obtain one, because of the horrid drop rates in the current system.

If they actually implement a chance of dropping the relic itself, then I would be satisfied. But damn, I swear you drop many other items WITH THE SAME droprate, instead of a relic fragment.

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - February 05, 2014, 18:21:07.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté February 05, 2014, 18:25:19 | #16

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 05 February 2014 18:14) *
Fuck the current drop systems, I'm so frustrated by this game. I haven't played for more than 5 mins in a week and a half, it's like I log in, I tried opening up my inventory with my hotkeys, and that shit is bugged too, instant log out.

Fucks sake, so many bugs on top of the many other shit within the game, already making it harder to play.

I completely agree it's tough. But i have a question...

With some relatively simple changes and bug fixes do you think Wakfu could turn that corner and be fun again?

Or do you think it's getting so far past the point of no return it is extremely difficult to bring players back.

I think the issues are easy to fix but Ankama continues to pile these issues up to the point it looks way too difficult to tackle. I feel like every time Ankama makes a good change they make a bad one to counter it. So i don't feel like the game is improving even though some nice additions have been made.

Haven Worlds are my default example. Awesome feature and fun for guild members to play with. But the cost is so extremely high no one really gets to enjoy them.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté February 05, 2014, 18:40:21 | #17

Quote (Gynrei @ 05 February 2014 18:25) *
Haven Worlds are my default example. Awesome feature and fun for guild members to play with. But the cost is so extremely high no one really gets to enjoy them.

I'd be okay with the high cost of haven worlds if we saw more in return for our contributions. The change from guild hall level 1 to 2 is underwhelming, you know? The crap planting rate gets boosted to a still-crap planting rate. And as has been said before, it's hard to celebrate an upgrade when you know that the next one is going to be even more work than the last.

Damn, that last sentence is Wakfu's gameplay in a nutshell, isn't it? :/

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 05, 2014, 18:43:28 | #18

Quote (Merriden @ 05 February 2014 18:40) *
it's hard to celebrate an upgrade when you know that the next one is going to be even more work than the last.

This needs to be framed ALL OVER Ankama's walls in all their facilities.

Couldn't have said it better.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 05, 2014, 19:35:22 | #19
I can understand some resources can be droppable with everybody but items just 1 person. Problem is if i couldnt drop a fragment others should try it.

For example:
Game choose a random person for roll fragment, i rolled but couldnt drop %99.
And a random 2nd person tried and couldnt find that %1.
And a random 3rd person tried and ta daaa= he dropped a fragment.
So other 3 person wont get a roll, somebody got it already.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté February 06, 2014, 12:33:16 | #20
I'd like to breifly interrupt and say that I actually don't recommend this game to anyone. When I talk about wakfu, I say "An MMO". If they dig I'll say the name and nothing more. I honestly would hate to see one of my own personal friends have to endure the drop rates (along with bugs and broken/irrelevant systems, moreover they don't advertise for us, why advertise for them).

I appreciate all the work they put in but as it is the game is infuriating, and this thread really proves it

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Thread derailed, closed by Sabi