Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Relic drop chance or how Ankama saying truth to us.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-22
posté February 09, 2014, 18:35:38 | #41
I fail to understand why at some point you assumed that it disappears from loot table. The way of calculating loot chances is really simple and obvious. Haven't you noticed that you drop more than 1 material items pretty often :x If you beat the odds of not dropping the item once, you drop one, if you do it twice you drop two etc. Here's a calc I made a while ago.

posté February 09, 2014, 19:39:02 | #42
Bcause when mat drops - u can get it per character. When relic piece drops - it can be looted by 1 char only. so if u want 2-3 pieces - u need it to be dropped in this amount.

And yes i saw and 2 pieces on 1 char in a time and 1 piece on 2-3 chars in the party same time.

its just about your pp and loot roll luck.

This post has been edited by Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer - February 09, 2014, 19:39:51.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté February 09, 2014, 19:44:32 | #43

Quote (Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer @ 09 February 2014 19:39) *
Bcause when mat drops - u can get it per character. When relic piece drops - it can be looted by 1 char only. so if u want 2-3 pieces - u need it to be dropped in this amount.

And yes i saw and 2 pieces on 1 char in a time and 1 piece on 2-3 chars in the party same time.

Which is why you simply wont get a relic unless you 6 box, dropped it before the change, or bought it with irl money.

posté February 09, 2014, 19:51:13 | #44

Quote (Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer @ 09 February 2014 19:39) *

All I see there is proving your own thesis to be wrong. If a character beats the odds once he doesn't automatically gain the right to roll again. The loot is assigned again.

posté February 09, 2014, 20:31:16 | #45
Sigh. I just don want to continue this meaningless argue.

All i know - parts is drops. Pretty good in lenald and BWabbits dung rooms if u r doin challanges (if someone dosent know - if u have 600 base pp party and doin chall u will get + for every char to unlokc (or maybe only fixed plus - needed to investigate). Anyway. if u will got +pp from chall enough to have unlock u can drop parts even if your arty does not unlock loot before battle.

To get 1 relic (PD we have farmed a mount. Every day leveling our alts and guild mates, getting loot in process. We bought only 20 pieces - so we got 80 for a month. For me its normal for BEST quip in pretty grinding game.

If for u all its not - just keep cryin. SURE ankama will make relics and all all all loot easy 1 point click dropped only because some ppls (even some extremely greedy mboxers) thinks that it drops bad and he can not get best gear in the game just palayin 1-2 hours in a day (THAT how it must be normal *sarcasm*).

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté February 10, 2014, 00:26:16 | #46

Quote (semcorda @ 09 February 2014 16:36) *

Quote (aquabeauty @ 05 February 2014 10:59) *
In short,

When Tarouded Leather is obtained on the drop table each player gets to roll for it.

When a relic fragment is added to the drop table, ONLY one person gets to roll for it. That fragment is either dropped by that person... or it is NOT. It doesnt return back to the drop table.

There fore cutting the drop rate by 1/6th of a chance.

I recall situation when 2 chars dropped solomonk fragment in 1 fight. This should't take place if fragments dissapear from "table", whether someone drops it or not. I don't think we can figure anything out of this chaos they call "drop system".
Main ankama liar said that pp cap was part of bigger revamp (after he said that partial changes will no longer be implemented...), and continuation will appear soon (it didn't...). Worst part is, that if they finally decide to correct this crap, it may become even worse and for sure come with loads of bugs.
Strange thing - among "why I can't have relic" whining, there are sensible topics/posts asking for explaination. OP of this one even gives links to ingame proofs and official info that seems to be contradictory. No response from mods, devs, anybody.
No it doesn't work like that. I'll try to explain better.
Ex:
Relic fragments drop in the imaginary drop table mixed in with the torouded leather and the other boss drops . Then the Relic fragments are rolled for by the person that had randomly obtained it from the table. Now lets say that person does not roll enough to get the fragment?

That fragment DOES not return to the drop table to be rolled again for by another player. That's the problem. Meaning who ever drops it whether they have 1pp or 50pp, if they fail to obtain it they do not pass it on to the next player unlike torouded leather which is returned to the table if it is not obtained by a player. Then fragments are not pouch-able.

Now I have never seen two relic fragments drop at once in one run and I have been farming lenalds and emiw non-stop with two enus for a longgg time. It could be possible, I would like to see evidence though since because we have no dev response were just left to assume [although, I recall seeing the system i posted about posted somewhere on the forums]

I agree that I would like some confirmation in regard to the situation as I stated earlier I would love to be 100% wrong because this systems is plain sleazy and unethical.

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - February 10, 2014, 00:29:03.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté February 10, 2014, 00:33:45 | #47
I have seen 2 fragment drops in a fight. Two on the same player and also one on two players. So it might be capped at 2/fight. Anyone seen 3?

posté February 10, 2014, 00:34:21 | #48

Quote (Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer @ 09 February 2014 20:31) *
Sigh. I just don want to continue this meaningless argue.

All i know - parts is drops. Pretty good in lenald and BWabbits dung rooms if u r doin challanges (if someone dosent know - if u have 600 base pp party and doin chall u will get + for every char to unlokc (or maybe only fixed plus - needed to investigate). Anyway. if u will got +pp from chall enough to have unlock u can drop parts even if your arty does not unlock loot before battle.

To get 1 relic (PD we have farmed a mount. Every day leveling our alts and guild mates, getting loot in process. We bought only 20 pieces - so we got 80 for a month. For me its normal for BEST quip in pretty grinding game.

If for u all its not - just keep cryin. SURE ankama will make relics and all all all loot easy 1 point click dropped only because some ppls (even some extremely greedy mboxers) thinks that it drops bad and he can not get best gear in the game just palayin 1-2 hours in a day (THAT how it must be normal *sarcasm*).
I would just like to say that I am not complaing or trying to argue. Like I said I have been purchasing my fragments because I can not drop them and I am trying my best to deal with the system, or approach it from the best way.

I've been sincerely trying to understand you and hoping that you can give me some tips. However, your writing is a bit incomprehensible and your sarcasm mixed in with advice does now allow me to decode whether you are delusional, serious or simply trolling.

I apologize in advance for the miscomunication I will simply leave this conversation with you here.

Quote (Noobility @ 10 February 2014 00:33) *
I have seen 2 fragment drops in a fight. Two on the same player and also one on two players. So it might be capped at 2/fight. Anyone seen 3?
screenshots please. I haven't even seen 3 drop. That's crazy. :OOOOO

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - February 10, 2014, 00:35:41.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté February 10, 2014, 00:51:54 | #49

Quote (aquabeauty @ 10 February 2014 00:26) *

Quote (semcorda @ 09 February 2014 16:36) *

Quote (aquabeauty @ 05 February 2014 10:59) *
In short,

When Tarouded Leather is obtained on the drop table each player gets to roll for it.

When a relic fragment is added to the drop table, ONLY one person gets to roll for it. That fragment is either dropped by that person... or it is NOT. It doesnt return back to the drop table.

There fore cutting the drop rate by 1/6th of a chance.

I recall situation when 2 chars dropped solomonk fragment in 1 fight. This should't take place if fragments dissapear from "table", whether someone drops it or not. I don't think we can figure anything out of this chaos they call "drop system".
Main ankama liar said that pp cap was part of bigger revamp (after he said that partial changes will no longer be implemented...), and continuation will appear soon (it didn't...). Worst part is, that if they finally decide to correct this crap, it may become even worse and for sure come with loads of bugs.
Strange thing - among "why I can't have relic" whining, there are sensible topics/posts asking for explaination. OP of this one even gives links to ingame proofs and official info that seems to be contradictory. No response from mods, devs, anybody.
No it doesn't work like that. I'll try to explain better.
Ex:
Relic fragments drop in the imaginary drop table mixed in with the torouded leather and the other boss drops . Then the Relic fragments are rolled for by the person that had randomly obtained it from the table. Now lets say that person does not roll enough to get the fragment?

That fragment DOES not return to the drop table to be rolled again for by another player. That's the problem. Meaning who ever drops it whether they have 1pp or 50pp, if they fail to obtain it they do not pass it on to the next player unlike torouded leather which is returned to the table if it is not obtained by a player. Then fragments are not pouch-able.
Er, it seems that I understood you correctly at the first time. I don't understand why you explained this again. As I wrote, situation when 2 persons drop frags in one fight shouldn't happen, assuming you version is correct.
By the way, I recall (100% sure) that once 2 fragments dropped for one char. No idea how to fit it in this mess... Maybe each monster in mob group has separate drop table? This is confusing.
No screenshots, both situations (2 chars with 1 frag, 1 char with 2 frags) happened soon after relic drop revamp. Nobody expected it to be such crap enugh to take screens of strange drops.

This post has been edited by semcorda - February 10, 2014, 00:54:29.
posté February 10, 2014, 00:54:07 | #50
@aquabeauty

Serious advice - go to dungeon rooms and farm there. U have 2 challanges instead 1 on field - it helps u to unlock pp lock and raise chanses on loot.

PDB - Black wabbits and empelol dung
Solomonk - miss frizz dung
Cel bearbarian - Hagen daz dung rooms
Nettlez - wobot dung rooms but this is for tough team =)

also kill boss if u can - u can sell loot and buy piece as u know uself.

posté February 10, 2014, 00:55:07 | #51
There's no point in getting upset without presenting proper comprehension of the subject. This thread's been a misunderstanding fest so far. I've seen several fragments dropping in one fight, I can't be sure how Ankama wrote it exactly but to my understanding all the clues seem to indicate that you keep rolling for the item till you fail the roll. It'd mean that if the exclusively chosen character beats the odds, the desired drop is reassigned and rolled again.
Also, if every mob has the desired item in his loot table, as many rolls are assigned as many mobs you fight.

This post has been edited by FajneCycki - February 10, 2014, 00:59:34.
posté February 10, 2014, 02:33:22 | #52

Quote (Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer @ 10 February 2014 00:54) *
@aquabeauty

Serious advice - go to dungeon rooms and farm there. U have 2 challanges instead 1 on field - it helps u to unlock pp lock and raise chanses on loot.

PDB - Black wabbits and empelol dung
Solomonk - miss frizz dung
Cel bearbarian - Hagen daz dung rooms
Nettlez - wobot dung rooms but this is for tough team =)

also kill boss if u can - u can sell loot and buy piece as u know uself.
Yeah uhm nothing I didn't already know.

-------
It would be nice to have some dev confirmation.

I am pretty sure that the drop is not reassigned which is what makes dropping fragments so difficult.

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - February 10, 2014, 02:34:36.
posté February 10, 2014, 02:44:29 | #53
The whole re-assagning I described would be possible only if you could drop more than one fragment from one element of the table, like it is with material-type items. It wouldn't really affect farming because it means dropping 1 more frag per 100 frags dropped, but it's an alternative explanation of dropping several frags in one fight. Fairly more reliably we can assume that it's just a roll from another mob.

posté February 10, 2014, 04:52:32 | #54

Quote (FajneCycki @ 10 February 2014 02:44) *
The whole re-assagning I described would be possible only if you could drop more than one fragment from one element of the table, like it is with material-type items. It wouldn't really affect farming because it means dropping 1 more frag per 100 frags dropped, but it's an alternative explanation of dropping several frags in one fight. Fairly more reliably we can assume that it's just a roll from another mob.
So then each mob would give you a chance of dropping one. This sounds more realistic. I am yet to see someone drop two relic pieces at once though.

Would be nice if super hero sabi came in with a dev response Q_Q I want to BELIEVE i can obtain my pdb. I've purchased like 95% of the ones I have right now.

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - February 10, 2014, 04:54:16.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2006-11-25
posté February 10, 2014, 08:11:46 | #55
Guys, actually topic was not about shitty chance of drop, but about RIGHT figures in the encyclopedia.

All i want is to know exact figures of drop chance.

Like with dofus, when Izmar gave us the formula and we could use it to calculate average chance to drop something.

Would be great if someone could come here and explain us - HOW THE HELL WE SHOULD CALCULATE OUR CHANCES in different cases.

- resources
- relics
- eq
- boss fight or not

and so on...

I'd say that could close a lot of questions

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 10, 2014, 17:01:54 | #56
^ Sorry, but the RNG in this game cannot be calculated, so fucking random, and unreliable.

The example about tarouded leather is a MEASURE of many other items with the same drop rate.

Ex: if it drops at .01% then, it should take you about 100 kills/runs or so to obtain 1. Get it?

You really don't want to waste your time trying to measure something, to then not drop it, and get depressed over something you didn't obtain after investing so much time and effort.

In some cases, Time and Effort =/= Rewards.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté February 10, 2014, 18:39:21 | #57
There's been some information, almost all of the french side, about how drops work.

In a nutshell

- On bosses, everybody rolls
- Outside dgs, drops are distributed and the person whom it was distributed to rolls (if it fails it is never redistributed again)
- A fixed number of resources are generated per mob and distributed equally among players then rolled
- Some items have abritary restrictions eg. 2 max/fight. Hence why I was asking if anyone has seen a drop of 3 fragments, if nobody has ever seen one then it might be 2 max/fight.

If you're looking for official messages they are all link at the end of this article
Click here

This post has been edited by Noobility - February 10, 2014, 18:41:56.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté February 10, 2014, 20:00:10 | #58

Quote (cbunny @ 06 February 2014 18:45) *

Quote (BlackClover @ 06 February 2014 18:43) *
@Cbunny -

So this drop rate and slim chances isn't simply an aspect of the game. Its a way of life. You have .01% chance at getting a response in the forums over this topic. However this .01% chance of replying as a "money given" lock of 800,000 dollars. So you must group up with the entire forum to get this .01% chance of a reply. Not only this, one person at random will roll for this chance of getting this .01%.

Isn't that a crazy, random happenstance? The game imitates life which imitates the game!

LOL
I predicted this thread getting closed two pages ago upon my arrival, then abandoned it. I saw it managed three pages and I figured I'd check it out.

Black clover, your post probably flat out sums up all of wakfu forums, so I'm going to close google chrome and try to surpress my laughter so I dont distract the entire classroom.

Thank you for this.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 11, 2014, 15:09:10 | #59

@Cbunny -

So this drop rate and slim chances isn't simply an aspect of the game. Its a way of life. You have .01% chance at getting a response in the forums over this topic. However this .01% chance of replying as a "money given" lock of 800,000 dollars. So you must group up with the entire forum to get this .01% chance of a reply. Not only this, one person at random will roll for this chance of getting this .01%.

Isn't that a crazy, random happenstance? The game imitates life which imitates the game!

LOL
LOOOOL  

posté February 11, 2014, 16:07:29 | #60

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 11 February 2014 15:09) *

@Cbunny -

LOL
LOOOOL
lmboo nice one bunny