Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

New Relic Concept...
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-10-21
posté February 06, 2014, 18:05:20 | #1
New Relic Concept... I think it'd be neat if instead of having to drop 100 relic fragments to get the relic, you get the relic at the same drop rate as the fragments. However this relic will only be 1/100 complete. In case of the solo monk, you'll get 1 ap and 1 range with 1 fragment with no other stats. As you obtain more fragments, you gain damage, CH, ini, dodge, whatever.

I believe this will allow people to experiment with different builds other than the typical 10 ap build that everyone has since lvl 60. This will allow those who have complete relics to still have exceptional equipment, but enables everyone else to at least have varying build possibilities as well as being able to see the improvements as you're going.

In this scenario, the gelano will be similar to the Legano (but without the chance of AP removal). at 1/100 fragments the gelano will have 1% chance of giving an ap. At 100 fragments it gives 100% chance at giving an AP.

(Basically I was thinking for a long time that we need to find a more common way for people to be unique in this game. The progression is really odd in this game. By 60s most people can get 10 ap 5 mp builds without losing out. Thats 4 ap and 2 mp in 60 lvls... However between 60-140 it is nearly impossible for anyone to gain an extra AP without severely taking away from your stats. So this is one of the conclusions I thought would be beneficial to everyone and keep interests alive!)

Comments, concerns, threats?

posté February 06, 2014, 18:09:14 | #2
Screw it. Just add old relic drops with old droprate in lootlist too =)

Ur concept too easy and too profitable for players. As well as when they ask to do droprete of pieces higher.
Relics MUST be an item that u will get not faster then in 2-3 wheeks.

posté February 06, 2014, 18:31:20 | #3
Well technically you still don't have a relic easily - its not really a relic until you collect 100. Basically the relic lvls depending on how many fragments you have like maka weapons with xp. At lvl 1 its meh and at lvl 100 its fantastic. I don't think a 1 ap helm with no other stats will be game breaking at all. People will be encouraged to find more relics to buff these stats as well.

(the drop rate is still the same as well)

posté February 06, 2014, 18:38:41 | #4
It will. Even from start u have 2 tune sockets. So it potentially 20% damage 1 ap fro, start with awesome easy droprate. (2-3 pieces for 4-5 hours field farm).

Yeah for 140 to enchance runes to cap not impossible. Rogue in our pty already have solomonk with 20% summary runes it it.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2010-12-17
posté February 06, 2014, 18:41:06 | #5
Yes, an helm with 1AP and no stats will be a breaking game.
Gelano is a relic too, and it only have 1AP

This is a very very easy way to get 12AP.

posté February 06, 2014, 18:55:17 | #6
Lets compare a 1 ap lvl 125 helm to a normal helm.

Solomonk 1/100 stats:

1 ap: 250
1 range: 80

----------------------
330 total stat points.

Wabbit Helm stats

27% fire -162
27% earth - 27
2 CH - 30
25 ini - 50
25 lock - 50
1 control -
1% fire - 6
1% earth -6
10 CmC dam

----------------------
331 total stat points + 1 control + 10 CMC damage (whatever you want to think stat points for those should be)

Basically it would be more cost productive buying the stats of the second ap and range and simply wear a wabbit helm then it would to wear a 1 ap helm. However the 1 ap help allows for some creativity. (note this is a green rarity helm)

Similarly, you still can only wear 1 relic at a time. Even if its only part of a relic. But really, whats wrong with having 1 more ap? I think there's been a taboo about people having ap for too long. You can get 10 ap easily at lvl 60, but can't get any reasonable AP increase ever again?

Likewise, a person who only has 1 fragment will still be 100 times weaker than a person who has all 100. Basically - I think it'd just change the way people think of builds, and not really effect the overall damage much.

posté February 06, 2014, 18:57:52 | #7
Dude. It. Wil. Be. OP. Screw it. Just farm normal solomonk and cool-off

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté February 06, 2014, 19:11:15 | #8
You may be onto something OP.

Fine tune the idea. 10 initial fragments combine into a [very] weakened version of a Relic. 90 fragments later and you have a completed form of the Relic, with the item evolving every 10 additional fragments. Per se a Solomonk doesn't get +1 AP until completed.

I'm not sure if the people complaining about an OP exotic AP item from the get-go are remembering there is a non-Relic AP helmet, epaulette, and pair of boots. You can do 12 AP without statting an AP and without a Relic through these means.

• Mango

posté February 06, 2014, 19:14:35 | #9

Quote (Brokonaut @ 06 February 2014 19:11) *
Per se a Solomonk doesn't get +1 AP until completed.

. You can do 12 AP without statting an AP and without a Relic through these means.

• Mango

This way maybe little more realistic.

Exotic items at least requre 140 lvl + kitskill statting or amulet cause hi lvl anyway =)

Problem not in ap = problem in low lvl of relics with ap and no penalty when using them =)

This post has been edited by Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer - February 06, 2014, 19:15:45.
posté February 06, 2014, 19:18:36 | #10
I'd prefer if you would give examples as to why/how it would be OP.

How would implementing additional ap items make the game OP?

Universally it will allow people to work with different builds.
It can increase base damage for some classes.
It will open up more variety for spell use.
Damage % will be lower but base damage will be slightly higher.

What is wrong with adding another stepping stone for general AP?

At lvl 15 they introduced the AP set
At lvl 40 they introduced the AP weapon
At lvl 55 they introduced the AP ammy

In the first 55 lvls, one can greatly increase their AP rapidly. Is each AP increase back then OP as well? Why is it that between here and lvl 140 there is no simple way to increase the AP without destroying the purpose of having it?

What would the difference really be?

Fine tune the idea. 10 initial fragments combine into a [very] weakened version of a Relic. 90 fragments later and you have a completed form of the Relic, with the item evolving every 10 additional fragments. Per se a Solomonk doesn't get +1 AP until completed.

I'm not sure if the people complaining about an OP exotic AP item from the get-go are remembering there is a non-Relic AP helmet, epaulette, and pair of boots. You can do 12 AP without statting an AP and without a Relic through these means.

• Mango

That is probably a more effective idea. However I'm determined to have more AP items that are easier to obtain between lvl 100-145 (But thats because I like the idea of variety). Perhaps below 50 fragments they have negative stats (like sat ring) and its not until after 50 that you gain the various buffs?

posté February 06, 2014, 19:25:00 | #11
Easier is keyword. This is not the ankama's way.

My opinion - just dont touch relics that already in game. Some new - maybe. I dont want new tons of bugs.

This post has been edited by Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer - February 06, 2014, 19:26:31.
posté February 06, 2014, 19:29:22 | #12
So Basil -

Its not that you don't think they should implement this idea nor is it that there shouldn't be AP items between lvls 55-140 but rather you don't want them to bug up what is already in the game?

posté February 06, 2014, 19:43:28 | #13
Sigh.

1. Bugs - its main problem of wakfu - every new patch every new idea we got 2-3 wheeks of pain before it will work.

2. IMHO ap items that use non usual AP slot MUST be hard to get. boots/crown/epas u can get now only in already heavy armed team. Thats good. Cause hard work must be honored well.

2.1 - Even 10 relic piece are awfully easy to get. 150kk-pece. 1.5 mk for that. 2 orange drops or maybe even one from lenalds themple at our server. Easy? Yes - less then a wheek to farm.

Mango says well - before completion relics must not provide us AP. Just like makas etc. But if it would not - it would not be so worth to wear. IMHO - yes. then why then put in this leveling?

If u want new non standart AP items - i think yellow shushu items or etc good candidate for that. But still IMHO it mus be as well as RPieces of existing AP items - lowrate rare drop. Or soon ALL good players on server will run everywhere with 12/6(or even 7) builds.

Is it good or bad. IMHO bad cause it will be casual and standart. And will have no challange at the way of obtan it.

For me easy are not good at all.
If u will easily get needed equip and kill wanted bosses game become boring soon. Than what will keep you here? PVP pn 5th? with no loot honor new gear and reason? No thanks.

This post has been edited by Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer - February 06, 2014, 19:45:09.
posté February 06, 2014, 19:49:01 | #14
Just make it 10 fragments with a .01 drop rate.

-Rizarealm

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-02-06
posté February 06, 2014, 19:51:24 | #15
I think it's a great idea...with Mango's refinement. It would give a player some progress points to lead them up to completing a relic. It would have essentially the same requirements as current but we would get some reward much sooner in the process.

It would just need 9 other versions (different looks would be cool but just changing stats is ok too) of each relic and a way to craft them with 10 fragments to get the upgrade.

posté February 06, 2014, 20:15:49 | #16
Too easy? I see people with relics now having difficulties with content geared to their lvl. Even a team of full relic characters will have some troubles at any I the later dungeons that are lvl appropriate. So I really don't think the easy issue is something to worry about.

likewise it seems you are either a big multiboxer or have a lot of friends that are well geared who enjoy grinding for 3 months for one person. It may be easier for you to get 10 fragments, but for the majority of the players it is very difficult. I spent 8 hrs grinding only to see one fragment drop an it wasn't even dropped for me. I've done this numerous times. After about 60 hrs and only 1 fragment I gave up.

and you must be incredibly lucky with gear drops. I have two lvl 130 characters both still in vamp sets because I have terrible luck at dropping things. Anything I do drop I can't sell because I need to improve my characters somehow. The only reason I can somewhat fight my lvl content is because all y gear is perfectly runed.

even if I suddenly got one additional ap. my damage really won't change much. Just my combinations.

basically this concept will verrry slightly bridge the gap between players who have relics and those who do not. Those with relics, as I said, will still be better than those without. If those with relics have difficulties with content, how much harder will it be for those without? Shouldn't there be a middle ground? Something too easy is boring, but something too hard simply becomes a job.

posté February 06, 2014, 20:28:41 | #17

Quote (BlackClover @ 06 February 2014 20:15) *
basically this concept will verrry slightly bridge the gap between players who have relics and those who do not. Those with relics, as I said, will still be better than those without. If those with relics have difficulties with content, how much harder will it be for those without? Shouldn't there be a middle ground? Something too easy is boring, but something too hard simply becomes a job.

Middle group is gelano - even runed its pretty useless.

Wakfu not solo-game even if u multiboxer. Wanna good gear and great adventures - get a statick party an friends. Otherway i see no way to play at 120 + and get good loot. Random party is an hell. No voice chat. No subordination. None practice in strategy and etc.

Yes - I have also acc with 140 enu. I have bunch of friends. We have 4-5 hours online every day or more. Most of loot im not sellin too cause ppl in my static and guild need a lot of gear, or they would not get fun from game yeah.

This is MMO. Wanna get fun - first get a good friends.
If u would not - u will not survive on 120+ content XD.

Relics are best gear in the game. At least in classification. So basically u must be on of the best in some aspect of game to get em. For me its pretty fair.
If u are best in looting and luck - loot parts.
If u are best in market speculations - get moneys and buy them.
If u are best in mining - make kamas and buy them.
Its just like an sign that u put time and your initiative in this game. I like it. (Bus still have no relic on chars caus none Iop or Enu need them at the moment lold. 10/6 enough for me.)

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté February 06, 2014, 21:17:16 | #18

Quote (BlackClover @ 06 February 2014 20:15) *
and you must be incredibly lucky with gear drops. I have two lvl 130 characters both still in vamp sets because I have terrible luck at dropping things. Anything I do drop I can't sell because I need to improve my characters somehow. The only reason I can somewhat fight my lvl content is because all y gear is perfectly runed.

Vamp set and perfectly runed don't really go together. That's an expensive undertaking. All that money could have easily gone into new gear instead.

On the other side, I don't consider Legendary exotic AP items as easily accessible to create 12AP builds.

posté February 06, 2014, 21:26:18 | #19
Exotic - yep. Relics? Hell no!

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-17
posté February 06, 2014, 21:27:24 | #20

• Mango
Hello, Makabras part two.