Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

PK'ing is part of the game... right?
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-01-24
posté February 08, 2014, 17:52:03 | #1
PK'ing is part of the game... right? So what are the rules when it comes to PK'ing in the game? Are there no rules? Can we just PK whomever we want as many times as we want as long as we don't verbally harass?

I'd like a mod to answer this please  

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté February 08, 2014, 18:01:49 | #2

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 08 February 2014 17:52) *
So what are the rules when it comes to PK'ing in the game? Are there no rules? Can we just PK whomever we want as many times as we want as long as we don't verbally harass?

I'd like a mod to answer this please
Well I have PK'ed literally 100's in a day so I'm pretty sure its ok to do...

posté February 08, 2014, 18:05:33 | #3
Game itself have no limits to PKing. Only thing that can stop u - reaction of victims and society =)

This post has been edited by Basil-Verde-fon-Griffer - February 08, 2014, 18:10:13.
Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté February 08, 2014, 18:45:26 | #4
Hello here is my topic I wrote about bans and reporting players.

Killing random people without reason is not against the rules.

Griefing: ( Click here ) Grief tactics are actions performed with the intent to impede, disrupt, block, or otherwise impair a player’s gameplay. While similar to harassment, grief tactics encompasses actions not defined by the harassment policy where the intent of the actions is the disruption of game play for another player.

Griefing I believe applies the limit of how many times as in it doesn't impede their gameplay.

So I would guess attacking more than twice within a 24 hour window would fall into this category.

Also in the rules found here on the forum it says "Generally speaking, it is forbidden to intentionally ruin the enjoyment of the game for other players."

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-12-27
posté February 08, 2014, 18:48:22 | #5
By the way, does Wakfu has any pvp event like Dofus (arena & stuff)?
If not,does anyone know if it's planning on the future?
Thanks

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté February 08, 2014, 20:07:58 | #6

Quote (JerryDB @ 08 February 2014 18:45) *

Griefing: ( Click here ) Grief tactics are actions performed with the intent to impede, disrupt, block, or otherwise impair a player’s gameplay. While similar to harassment, grief tactics encompasses actions not defined by the harassment policy where the intent of the actions is the disruption of game play for another player.

Griefing I believe applies the limit of how many times as in it doesn't impede their gameplay.

So I would guess attacking more than twice within a 24 hour window would fall into this category.

Also in the rules found here on the forum it says "Generally speaking, it is forbidden to intentionally ruin the enjoyment of the game for other players."
Griefing is killing a player twice in a 24 hour period? You're kidding right? If im killing anyone who enters 5th and the same guy keeps coming back to be slaughtered am I griefing him? Look up griefing vids on youtube and see what REAL griefing is haha.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté February 08, 2014, 20:51:26 | #7

Quote (IYesWayI @ 08 February 2014 20:07) *

Griefing is killing a player twice in a 24 hour period? You're kidding right? If im killing anyone who enters 5th and the same guy keeps coming back to be slaughtered am I griefing him? Look up griefing vids on youtube and see what REAL griefing is haha.

I agree, I have no idea why people get butthurt over being pked because they keep coming back to a location will guarantee them to be pked, all the markets are linked besides haven world/kelba/astrub so why not go somewhere else? most of the time theres literally nothing going on at 5th anyway, just people chatting, and if there is something going on its usually petty drama.

The rules kinda contradict themselves as well If i want to pk anything that moves at any location that allows it, Can't I do that? I mean not going out of my way to stalk/pk people.
But example:
I'm grinding at some random location, I see other people grinding.
I want to pk them because I can right? Regardless if i win or lose I'll pk them because its apart of the game. If they come back and try to pk me back and i get roflstomped so be it. But I should not be reported/banned etc for something thats apart of the game.

Basically what the rule is saying: You can do what you want as long as it doesnt impacts others gameplay, but if the gvg/pvp revamp comes around, would this content actual impact the gameplay of others?

This post has been edited by MoshPitt - February 08, 2014, 20:58:33.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-01-24
posté February 08, 2014, 21:27:50 | #8

Quote (MoshPitt @ 08 February 2014 20:51) *

Quote (IYesWayI @ 08 February 2014 20:07) *

I agree, I have no idea why people get butthurt over being pked because they keep coming back to a location will guarantee them to be pked, all the markets are linked besides haven world/kelba/astrub so why not go somewhere else? most of the time theres literally nothing going on at 5th anyway, just people chatting, and if there is something going on its usually petty drama.

The rules kinda contradict themselves as well If i want to pk anything that moves at any location that allows it, Can't I do that? I mean not going out of my way to stalk/pk people.
But example:
I'm grinding at some random location, I see other people grinding.
I want to pk them because I can right? Regardless if i win or lose I'll pk them because its apart of the game. If they come back and try to pk me back and i get roflstomped so be it. But I should not be reported/banned etc for something thats apart of the game.

Basically what the rule is saying: You can do what you want as long as it doesnt impacts others gameplay, but if the gvg/pvp revamp comes around, would this content actual impact the gameplay of others?
That's why I made this thread.

Because PK'ing by definition is "Griefing" you are disturbing others gameplay. If killing someone in the same 24 hours is against the rules then why can I just click on the person and click PK again. They should fix this or let us PK as we wish.

Also, what is the definition of Harassing? I understand verbal harassment, but what if I wanna PK someone every time I see that person? The game allows me to click so how could this be against the rules?

THAT'S WHY I ASKED A MODERATOR TO ANSWER.

Larva Rangers * Member Since 2013-01-13
posté February 08, 2014, 21:35:38 | #9
Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing PKing removed from the game. It currently serves no purpose but to waste a person's time, encourage said butthurts, and remove them from whatever they were doing. Some people seem to get off on the anger of others which seems fairly petty. I mean if you wanted to see if your build is better or if you play in a style that is stronger you can send a challenge rather than forcing someone to have to go out of their way, even if it is only 3mins and wait for health recovery.

I haven't had much issue with it personally but I see people get killed while browsing bags because someone doesn't like another person from the person browsings' guild. Effectively keeping them from the bag share of the market. The person comes back to continue because they'd like to find an item and they're forcefully ejected again.

Perhaps these are closer to my morals than yours, but I feel just because I can do something doesn't mean I have the right to do it, as real people are sitting behind keyboards.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté February 08, 2014, 21:40:24 | #10
I would not look at pking the same person a few times within 24 hours as doing anything wrong.

What I look at as problems for example are

Trying to extort say kamas or items from someone "Hey I will stop pking you if you give me 1 million kamas"

or Jumping in someones pve fight to pk them.

or kenko killing someone.

or harassing the person while you pk them.

or agroing someone on say 6 tanks and just going afk.

I feel if anything griefing is more about pvp etiquette than anything. It is not about killing a player, it is about how you go about killing them. How do I know if I am griefing someone you ask, well a good place to start would be to ask yourself are you just pking people or are you aiming to ruin someones day; while that might not answer the question I feel it is a good place to start from.

This post has been edited by androgyous - February 08, 2014, 21:42:40.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté February 08, 2014, 21:42:59 | #11
I think it's ok. What else would outlaws do anyways. The answer is nothing since anything else to do has not been implemented yet.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté February 08, 2014, 21:56:03 | #12

Quote (De-Tox @ 08 February 2014 21:35) *
Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing PKing removed from the game.

GTFO.

I read the rest, but I'd still hate it for PKing to be limited. If anything, it should be expanded upon. It would make sense that someone who people don't like get kicked out of establishments right? Or people associated with others who are hated. Why should it be any different in the game? Your character doesn't actually die, he revives at a phoenix statue somewhere with all his items and exp intact, so it's technically the same as getting the boot.

I like seeing PKs happen, even if I'm the one being PK'd. It's like people don't care that the more they cater to pansies, the less this game is like the actual cartoon.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - February 08, 2014, 22:19:41.
posté February 08, 2014, 22:19:37 | #13
Perhaps an option people could click on if they don't mind engaging in PKs would be neat.

I think we can discuss things without going to insults, Kewk.

Love, Kahlua.

posté February 08, 2014, 22:21:07 | #14

Quote (De-Tox @ 08 February 2014 22:19) *
Perhaps an option people could click on if they don't mind engaging in PKs would be neat.

I think we can discuss things without going to insults, Kewk.

Love, Kahlua.
You took forever to answer so I just edited my post instead. I am disappointed, Kahlua.

Plus, GTFO isn't an insult!

posté February 08, 2014, 22:36:52 | #15
"Pansies", as I don't believe my ideals or people with similar mindset make me us delicate flowers. Not gtfo. *facepalm*

Anyways, PKing is already limited to an extent as there is the buffer time now. It seems fairly rare that someone who tons of people dislike is booted. This seems more the other way around, like someone six-boxing to take out one toon repeatedly. Or perhaps PKing people to remove them from challenge single-person challenge areas, thus holding them back repeatedly and removing their chance of leveling as quickly.

Another thought is having each person have like a vote ticker that people can use to say this is a bad player, and with so many they can be PK'd. But perhaps only one vote per account so it can't be super abused.

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 08, 2014, 22:42:50 | #16
PKing shouldn't be removed from a simple reason, ecosystem. What if someone is destroying it? There is literally nothing we can do about it except PKing.
And what would we do at war (i mean, if we had any...)?

posté February 08, 2014, 23:05:45 | #17
So the real problem is multiboxing then, not PKing.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-12-02
posté February 08, 2014, 23:10:09 | #18

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 08 February 2014 22:42) *
PKing shouldn't be removed from a simple reason, ecosystem. What if someone is destroying it? There is literally nothing we can do about it except PKing.
And what would we do at war (i mean, if we had any...)?
is not like pking solves it... if you pk someone, they get 15 mins to keep destroying the ecosystem.

PK should be allowed ouside the cities without restriction, while forbidden inside them, a la outposts... maybe removing that city restriction if you are an outlaw or in war with that nation, that would give some meaning to outlaws, since they would become the only ones able to pk inside "forbidden" areas... also encouraging non-outlaws to take care of the outlaws.... ofc jail time if they die xD (obviously except astrub, or i know 2 or 3 in this post that would be pking newbies non stop to feed their broken ego, and scaring potential players away )

This post has been edited by saphiLC2 - February 08, 2014, 23:15:06.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-07
posté February 08, 2014, 23:34:28 | #19
Why is this even a thread and not simply an Ankabox message to someone with authority?  

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-02-06
posté February 08, 2014, 23:35:08 | #20
This part of the game needs fixed and expanded on. Right now it's just high lvls with crazy dmg classes and ridic gear wasting peoples time.

I love that you can be PKd anywhere because it's currently the only danger element in the game that doesn't involve voluntarily starting a fight with mobs or a UB. There needs to be reward and risk though and there needs to be extra penalty for PKing in the marketplace.

There's no balance. 20 or 30 players could probably frustrate a whole server and no-one would have anything to show for it but wasted time and a couple laughs.

Right now what should be a major selling point for the game feels unfinished. Needs revamp asap.