Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

PK'ing is part of the game... right?
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté February 08, 2014, 23:39:36 | #21
The only thing not allowed is bullying.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-10-26
posté February 09, 2014, 00:03:39 | #22
There could just be a limit on the level gap? (assuming there isn't one since I've been attacked by people 50 lvls higher) That would take away *some* of the bullying aspect. It really isn't fun for new players when some horrible high lvl kills you for [seemingly] no reason. I imagine that would probably lead to a glut of low lvl alts in mines, though...

There should be a wider no-PK zone around boats too I think. Pretty annoying to jump off a boat and suddenly find yourself in a fight.

Just a little tweaking here and there. I agree that it is nice to have a bit of a danger aspect to the game, but the system needs more fleshing out.

This post has been edited by ennieeee - February 09, 2014, 00:05:24.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-01-24
posté February 09, 2014, 01:09:55 | #23

Quote (Merriden @ 08 February 2014 23:34) *
Why is this even a thread and not simply an Ankabox message to someone with authority?
to get the communities opinion silly goose ;3

posté February 09, 2014, 04:03:50 | #24
You can pk as much as you want. If you annoy a player enough that they report you for griefing GMs will look into the case and use their judgement.

If the above scares you don't be a pker.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté February 09, 2014, 04:17:42 | #25
If you PK somebody, don't be surprised if other people come after you for doing it.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté February 09, 2014, 04:45:49 | #26

Quote (Asthis @ 09 February 2014 04:17) *
If you PK somebody, don't be surprised if other people come after you for doing it.

Yea but the problem is, I've seen many many times(atleast when wakfu went live) where the original pker would get butt hurt when the person he pks brings back a group to get rid of sad pk, and then it turned into guild/nation wars.

I actually miss those days, when pking had some sort of meaning because certain spots in the game where just plain better grinding areas than others. (Cania swamps for example)
The Bonta & Cra Oppression was pretty funny as well, as long as you were bontarian  

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-09-13
posté February 09, 2014, 08:28:47 | #27
I think pking system in this game is to
1 Let people(or guard) protect eco-system from outlaw. mine fight,etc. since this game is sandbox game. Wakfu asia have done non-pk server once and the eco-system was messed up. but then they bring back pk..... result? the ecosystem is still crappy. but more harassment. people start quitting.

2 Island bonus War. (soldier) but now they taken off, you dont even able to get soldier title anymore.

so .....

Until they put on new pvp/pk system that support other reason of pking, other kind of pking are still consider as harassing pk.... and meaning-less.but no one could say, it's just a loophole in the system.

They game system should let people choose their playing style without overlap other people playing style too much.

When I first play I thought brakmar is the city for pvp/pker ,bonta as market town, amakna is crafter town and sufokia is pve town. I'm kind of like..... oh I like crafting .... I'll go amakna. and that's how I end up in that nation. so you will mostly meets people who like the same taste as you. less-drama, ofc.

I can just say pk/pvp system is broken atm. it's pk-ing outside of game's propose but game didnt declare which is wrong.

This post has been edited by RaZept - February 09, 2014, 08:32:20.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-11
posté February 09, 2014, 22:40:09 | #28

Quote (Spazturtle @ 08 February 2014 23:39) *
The only thing not allowed is bullying.

Any other further limitation than the current 15minutes doubling every extended time up to 3hours is just pointless. It's part of the game and if you remove it, this game loses a lot. Maybe those of you who come from carebear places in life don't understand that, but 'Anytime I feel like it' PVP is exactly why I came back to this game after Diablo III flopped PVP completely.

As an aside, I've had minimal PK problems in the nearly two years I played this game, and I don't think I'm particularly well known or liked, but I also don't live in markets or in places where PKing is likely to be a problem, the developers themselves said "Mine's are fair game" for a reason. They want it to be the outlaws lands. The markets are populated areas, so of course the likely hood goes up. Other than that, aside from a few trolls (troll guilds) I see a PVP about as frequently as I see a nation war. Which is almost never.

Any serious issue should just be reported to moderators and be handled by the community team. If you limit or take away a perfectly fine function of the game (Arenas, entire islands ect., PVP) eventually you won't have a game left at all. I don't like that people even suggest this because Ankama is notorious for just taking things out because they're 'not working as desired' or 'not as fun' and NEVER putting them back (see afformentioned first two parentheticals).

If PVP is removed completely there's a good chance I'd just leave this game behind, because I know it wouldn't be back for years. I can absolutely put up with being kicked around by players, but not by the developer.

-Madd

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté February 10, 2014, 05:03:44 | #29

Quote (RaZept @ 09 February 2014 08:28) *
I think pking system in this game is to
1 Let people(or guard) protect eco-system from outlaw. mine fight,etc. since this game is sandbox game. Wakfu asia have done non-pk server once and the eco-system was messed up. but then they bring back pk..... result? the ecosystem is still crappy. but more harassment. people start quitting.

2 Island bonus War. (soldier) but now they taken off, you dont even able to get soldier title anymore.

so .....

Until they put on new pvp/pk system that support other reason of pking, other kind of pking are still consider as harassing pk.... and meaning-less.but no one could say, it's just a loophole in the system.

They game system should let people choose their playing style without overlap other people playing style too much.

When I first play I thought brakmar is the city for pvp/pker ,bonta as market town, amakna is crafter town and sufokia is pve town. I'm kind of like..... oh I like crafting .... I'll go amakna. and that's how I end up in that nation. so you will mostly meets people who like the same taste as you. less-drama, ofc.

I can just say pk/pvp system is broken atm. it's pk-ing outside of game's propose but game didnt declare which is wrong.
Maybe you should try farmville.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté February 10, 2014, 05:47:42 | #30
Sadly it's allowed to do it whenever you want in the game. If I had the ability, I'd disable it entirely, it brings me no joy whatsoever, and is only an annoyance.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-09-13
posté February 10, 2014, 08:42:37 | #31
meh, I dont like farmville, you cant craft anything for friend to actually use it to fight monster. I prefer rune factory. I'd actually definately go try if another game with same playing style and good graphic like this but with a bit of different in system. well,there is none. maybe SE make Final Fantasy Tactic Online, or maybe Disgaea Online.... who know...

I don't against pking, btw. The system is truly broken so instead of getting fun get good game pking, you got rage event instead. I dont think mods/devs will answer since they have plan to revamp pvp system.they postpone and not even touch it yet. So, any words ,anything might be changed after they said something.

This post has been edited by RaZept - February 10, 2014, 08:50:31.
Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 10, 2014, 11:46:46 | #32
Is PKing really a big problem for people? I don't know, maybe it's just me but I can't remember the last time when someone PKed me, probably months ago. Maybe it's different on Nox, but I don't see a problem with random PKers on Remi...

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté February 10, 2014, 14:48:53 | #33

Quote (RaZept @ 10 February 2014 08:42) *
meh, I dont like farmville, you cant craft anything for friend to actually use it to fight monster. I prefer rune factory. I'd actually definately go try if another game with same playing style and good graphic like this but with a bit of different in system. well,there is none. maybe SE make Final Fantasy Tactic Online, or maybe Disgaea Online.... who know...

I don't against pking, btw. The system is truly broken so instead of getting fun get good game pking, you got rage event instead. I dont think mods/devs will answer since they have plan to revamp pvp system.they postpone and not even touch it yet. So, any words ,anything might be changed after they said something.
Disgaea Online. I would become a neckbeard soooooo fast.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-01-24
posté February 10, 2014, 18:55:30 | #34

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 10 February 2014 11:46) *
Is PKing really a big problem for people? I don't know, maybe it's just me but I can't remember the last time when someone PKed me, probably months ago. Maybe it's different on Nox, but I don't see a problem with random PKers on Remi...
Please stay on track on what this thread is about.

What actually constitutes bullying, harassing, or griefing?

By definition, PK'ing someone could be considered all 3 of these.

The only part that is understood that I never have done and I think just very FEW people do, is verbally harassing people when PK'ing. Outside of that, the rules make no sense IMO.

GG.

PK REVAMG, PVP REVAMP GOGOGOOGOGOG ALLOW FFA, 1v1v1, ETC...

This post has been edited by xCATZILAx - February 10, 2014, 18:56:11.
posté February 10, 2014, 19:41:15 | #35

Quote (MoshPitt @ 09 February 2014 04:45) *

Quote (Asthis @ 09 February 2014 04:17) *

Yea but the problem is, I've seen many many times(atleast when wakfu went live) where the original pker would get butt hurt when the person he pks brings back a group to get rid of sad pk, and then it turned into guild/nation wars.

I actually miss those days, when pking had some sort of meaning because certain spots in the game where just plain better grinding areas than others. (Cania swamps for example)
The Bonta & Cra Oppression was pretty funny as well, as long as you were bontarian
I wasn't. Passionate Brakmar Feca dislike!

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 10 February 2014 18:55) *

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 10 February 2014 11:46) *
Please stay on track on what this thread is about.

What actually constitutes bullying, harassing, or griefing?

By definition, PK'ing someone could be considered all 3 of these.

The only part that is understood that I never have done and I think just very FEW people do, is verbally harassing people when PK'ing. Outside of that, the rules make no sense IMO.

GG.

PK REVAMG, PVP REVAMP GOGOGOOGOGOG ALLOW FFA, 1v1v1, ETC...
Harassment is easy to understand. If the player reports you it's possible harassment. The gm will decide based on how many times you pked them, the time inbetween pkings etc.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 10, 2014, 20:30:19 | #36
Hi guys,

I hope everyone had a good weekend but let's get back on the topic.

Quote (IYesWayI @ 08 February 2014 18:01) *

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 08 February 2014 17:52) *
So what are the rules when it comes to PK'ing in the game? Are there no rules? Can we just PK whomever we want as many times as we want as long as we don't verbally harass?

I'd like a mod to answer this please
Well I have PK'ed literally 100's in a day so I'm pretty sure its ok to do...

Here is my take on this important subject indeed:

As we all know Pking comes from PvP and as WAKFU doesn't currently have separate servers offering you PvP or PvE, these 2 style of players have to learn to live together and have a common ground.

Now PvErs have to be aware of the possibilities of getting Pked by another player by being in an environment where PvP is present.

But at the same time PvPers needs to respect a few fundamental rules when it comes to Pking, and you are right we should all have clearer rules, to enjoy both PvP and PvE, so if you would like I can make a game rules thread just as it was done for the forums rules.

Back on the topic, overall we just ask for players to not ruin the fun of the game for others and respect each others.

A situation of PKing harassment, would be to deliberately target a certain player in a manhunt type of situation, where the player is "hunted" and killed over and over, whose player has made clear to the harasser to stop already. So if a player tells you to stop killing him, it be best to stop as this is ground for harassing.

I have a simple rule of thumb, treat others like you would want them to treat you, it's simple and effective, I don't expect a whole server to get along but to try to have some common grounds when it comes to Pking and just have fun!

Quote (Soule27le @ 08 February 2014 18:48) *
By the way, does Wakfu has any pvp event like Dofus (arena & stuff)?
If not,does anyone know if it's planning on the future?
Thanks

That reminds me of this event started by players: Here.

I think it be nice to have such event happening.