Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

is this game worth returning to ?
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-09-04
posté February 10, 2014, 03:08:18 | #1
is this game worth returning to ? anything fun to do, any good people, anything that will ease my boredom where i can have some fun ?

ts;dr should i return to wakfu?

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté February 10, 2014, 03:47:27 | #2
You'll also be bored on Wakfu. Unless you want to aim to be the best of your class and grinding is acceptable, you won't find much fun in this game. Half the people play it "because of friends", and the other half because they want to stay on top for future updates. That's it.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté February 10, 2014, 04:35:39 | #3

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 10 February 2014 03:47) *
Half the people play it "because of friends", and the other half because they want to stay on top for future updates. That's it.
That's it, that is my reason, if it wasn't for my nox babies I would not even log on. Also *cringes* I have multiple accounts subbed for a year all of which are 140+ because I fell for that Multi-Mens scheme [Ankama can seriously be so sleazy sometimes] and right now im just waiting for my mm nerfs, I hope they gift wrap them at least.

However, you can't discredit EVERYTHING about the game because the game is getting ... slightly better on somethings and slightly worse on others.

Like for example:

I am really looking forward to the next update. I think the new exp system will support ease of access to the higher levels.

BUT
At the same time they just nerfed pp, and enutrofs. Which made me roll my eyes so much that they began to hurt. So gear is now even more inaccessible.

ON CONTRA
They said this was a partial update and that Soon we would see the full update which include more pp changes. [ Could this hint at better drop rates? - credit to icekin for bringing this link to my attention in another thread] Although, they did promise no more partial updates [sleazy ankama I'm telling you]

You know there's alot of bad.. I cant really think of anymore good to be honest and I am in no way trying to mislead you into thinking that the game is great. But I still hold some hope for this game.

Like Content wise

Hell.. I really enjoyed chillberg. The content allowed for a wide arrange of classes to participate in a group.

On the contrary... Wabbits is just awful

You see how classes keep getting watered down to just damage. Honestly the only strat to wabbits is
1. Tank one or two mobs and tank boss
2. DPT DPT DPT DPT DPT DPT DPT DPT Often times people are using two rogues at dds BECAUSE these mobs HIT SOOOO HARD that you have no strategy other than to kill them fast.
3. Dpt boss one turn, pick up tiles one turn and dpt again

-____________- Nothing tactical.. I almost fall asleep in half of those dungeons!

PVP?

None existent. Literally even today support classes can not make up the dd they lack with their tactical spells/skills in order to compete against dd classes in pvp, and from the look of grou's ideas for the pandawa.. he's thinking about further watering down that class to dd.

Pvp among high levels literally boils down to, who.. has the most initiative, crits and damage. Honestly people are simply 1/2 turning each other in 1v1 and in group pvp maybe a duel will last 4-5 turns.

Absolutely no reward for pvp-ing. However, guild gvg is coming Soon

TL;DR.. I would wait until next update to ask again. That will determine how the ease of access will be for new/returning players. I would love more players on nox though

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - February 10, 2014, 09:07:54.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté February 10, 2014, 05:00:06 | #4
There has been more to do in the game then at any point in its history. Yes there is grind its an mmo. As far as aquas pvp comment that is simply wrong. I regularily win fights where I go last, have less damage, and less crit. Yes this includes other sacriers. Same goes for group pvp. People who do not have experience or who are bad at pvp believe it is rigged. You will always find this in any competition. PvP is quite balanced right now.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-12-17
posté February 11, 2014, 07:03:05 | #5
You should look to find your place in Wakfu and enjoy that, if it's as a crafter, a PvPer, or simply a dungeon runner. There's multiple ways to enjoy Wakfu, you don't necessarily have to look to be 'the best' at any particular role. You should enjoy the game at your own pace, socialize where you feel comfortable to, play when you feel like you want to. You're the only person who can make this game a wonderful time sink, it's your effort that leads to your enjoyment, you should look to what you have around you, rather than be upset about what you don't have and dwelling on it.

From personal experience, I find my joy in helping other players, I don't do much of the endgame content. If I'm honest, I spend more of my time answering questions or running errands for people who need the help, and this is what I enjoy within this game. Sure, I could do that in any other game. But what makes Wakfu so important is the amount of effort I put into playing this game. Your own effort will lead to your enjoyment.

There's a saying I adore to recite whenever people think of boredom; "Only boring people get bored." Go out there and make something interesting happen; because it won't simply manifest in front of you.

posté February 11, 2014, 08:30:49 | #6
This new update seems promising!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-04
posté February 11, 2014, 09:48:38 | #7
I was fascinated by the idea of Sidekicks so I resubbed a week ago, including a second account to level an alt with.

Of course I group with others sometimes, but the idea of controlling a full group of 6 (without needing 6 accounts) makes me feel like I'm playing Tactics again. I'm having a lot of fun.

I see a lot of people complaining about the devs for one reason or another, but I personally can only find Ankama guilty of making this game mostly player driven.

Of course I don't actually consider that something wrong, It's just that when you play in a player driven world full of players that only want to play few different ways, there is only so much that can be done to improve the game.

I personally made a serious attempt at getting a few gaming communities I'm a part of interested in Wakfu back in beta. I believe that the players are best when it comes to explaining what this game is all about. I can watch game trailers or some fat pastry mangler explain his passion for "creating his dream gaem" like I do every other day but it never interests me that much. However when you hear someone explain the games they play and love and why they love them, it has a far more convincing feel to it.

Anyways Wakfu is game you return to if you see enough of what interests you to take up your time again. It will always be paradise for someone who loves crafting and grind (or a combination of both). Or if you want to just run around PKing people, you can do that too.

This post has been edited by Asriah - February 11, 2014, 09:50:10.
Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 11, 2014, 10:21:38 | #8
Yes.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-12-22
posté February 11, 2014, 10:25:28 | #9
If you enjoy koreanlike grindplay its worth ;3

Unlike most grinders this one comes with variety of classes to choose from.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2010-11-13
posté February 11, 2014, 12:53:47 | #10
If you search for a second full time job it is worth it (without getting payed ofc!)
Otherwise you can save the 8 hours a day to do something you might more enjoy

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté February 11, 2014, 16:18:40 | #11
Best grid/turn based MMO imo. And worst grid/turn based MMO imo. I love to hate Wakfu.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2010-11-13
posté February 11, 2014, 16:33:11 | #12

Quote (Gynrei @ 11 February 2014 16:18) *
Best grid/turn based MMO imo. And worst grid/turn based MMO imo. I love to hate Wakfu.
Yeah Gynrei is right about this...
Wakfu is kind of a cool Game, and there is nearly nothing similiar to Wakfu out there.
But its possibly the most Hardcore Grind Experience outside of Asia :|

Brakmar's News Anchor * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté February 11, 2014, 18:14:41 | #13

Quote (IYesWayI @ 10 February 2014 05:00) *
There has been more to do in the game then at any point in its history. Yes there is grind its an mmo. As far as aquas pvp comment that is simply wrong. I regularily win fights where I go last, have less damage, and less crit. Yes this includes other sacriers. Same goes for group pvp. People who do not have experience or who are bad at pvp believe it is rigged. You will always find this in any competition. PvP is quite balanced right now.

You can kill a rouge 1v1 when it has it has the highest initiative? If you can then your OP.