Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

When did this change and why cant we do anything about it
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté February 16, 2014, 16:55:29 | #1
When did this change and why cant we do anything about it Remember when deleting characters took the account's secret answer?

and now it TAKES THE CHARACTER'S NAME? WTF?

at least have it be an option, jesus

posté February 16, 2014, 17:27:56 | #2
This community is never happy, never.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2014-01-25
posté February 16, 2014, 17:28:08 | #3
Wait, deleted characters lock the name for good? If I like a name for a character but not the character itself, I'm SoL? Maybe I won't delete my Sacrier just yet then....

posté February 16, 2014, 17:29:58 | #4
No, you have to type this character name to delete it, that's a huge problem obviously.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-17
posté February 16, 2014, 17:30:34 | #5

Quote (Heartbank @ 16 February 2014 17:28) *
Wait, deleted characters lock the name for good? If I like a name for a character but not the character itself, I'm SoL? Maybe I won't delete my Sacrier just yet then....

I dont even....NO

When you are deleting a character you have to type in the name in order to delete it. It does not lock the name. I've deleted several characters to move names around different accounts.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté February 16, 2014, 17:34:08 | #6
I liked it when it asked the secret answer, if someone hacked your account they wouldn't be able to maliciously delete a character. But of course dunderheads who input random question and answers complained and ruined it for everyone.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2010-11-13
posté February 16, 2014, 18:20:47 | #7
For me its a pretty bad thing... i lost all my chars on 3 accounts to the influence of other ppl at my home, logged in accounts in char selection and alcohol... well don´t ask and ofc i know its my fault in the end. But why the hell remove the security Question from character deleting?
Literally everyone who is able to get acess to your login screen, doens´t matter if on your computer, remote stuff, hacks or whatever could cause this, is able to delete all you characters you worked up for weeks and months in the blink of an eye...

Nobody can tell me anything logical what justify removing the security question from this...

And "Most ppl don´t remember there answer" is NOT an answer for me...
What´s next? I forgot the Code Number of my Bank Card... maybe the Bank should remove the Number and i need just to type in my name if i want to take cash? seriosly... GENIOUS!  

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté February 16, 2014, 18:47:35 | #8
I am sure they changed from the sheer amazing of people who didn't know their secret question or answer. These players had tons of characters and were unable delete and create new ones. I remember many people saying change it OR I quit now.

I prefer the secret question however if the vast majority of the doesn't know the answer then how many years would it take support to handle something this simple.

Regardless of this someone still needs access to your account, if someone gains access they can still rob all your equipment which is considerably harder to replace then a characters level.

So take measures to ensure you account is well protected such as don't trust anyone etc.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - February 16, 2014, 18:49:07.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté February 16, 2014, 19:13:50 | #9
The real problem with the secret question was that there is 0 customer support. In all other games you could just retrieve your information but here even providing ID you had to wait for ages to get anywhere if you ever got help at all.

I'd prefer higher security standards, but then again seeing how things are handled that might just as well cost me my account if I forget something after a long break or if something goes wrong with the security system as such. I'd be very careful with demanding more security from Ankama.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté February 16, 2014, 19:21:22 | #10
I believe at one point they forced all accounts to require a secret answer to delete a char and those who didn't have one were given a default one and Ankama forgot to tell them what it is, so those people couldn't delete their chars.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-03
posté February 16, 2014, 21:37:06 | #11
I'm sure eventually they will add a character restoration service for ogrines, like in Dofus.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 16, 2014, 22:04:25 | #12
I'd be okay with the secret answer if it was easier to get back,,
surprisingly enough I dont remember what I put in as mine or ever making one. SOrry everyone

I remember what asthis said being mentioned a while ago too,,,

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté February 16, 2014, 22:04:34 | #13
What people seem to forget is the reason it was there in the first place is because of added security several times on nox we have had issues of people deleting each others characters.

Making it require the secret answer is a good solution to this.

I agree with hatespawn that it needs to be an option you can turn on in your account settings with a checkbox. If players dont like being secure they can remove the option on their account while others like myself who thought it was a good idea can have it.

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - February 16, 2014, 22:05:53.
Reason for edit : autocorrect
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-02-27
posté February 17, 2014, 02:18:14 | #14
I think the secret question was a good idea, but it was handled wrong. It should be something that you have to manually select and fill out. Like it told me I had a secret question when I had never filled something out. But I think if you select the option to have Ankama Shield, for instance, that this is when the secret question should be input. The thing is, though, it should have a recovery system of its own... because like another user said, there was ZERO SUPPORT FOR IT and that's not good at all. You should have something that the user created upon signing up, or was selected when Ankama Shield was turned on... OR it should prompt shield users to create one upon noticing that they have shield activated, etc. Something. But the typing in the name... that's stupid. Any hacker could just look at the name and type it in. It's not like bots come in and delete our characters.

That's stupid.

Larva Rangers * Member Since 2011-12-23
posté February 17, 2014, 02:23:01 | #15
Don't account share.
/problem_solved

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté February 17, 2014, 02:46:32 | #16

Quote (Onesti @ 17 February 2014 02:23) *
Don't account share.
/problem_solved

Brakmar's News Anchor * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté February 17, 2014, 02:56:36 | #17
I noticed this change for quite some time, and I would definitely prefer that it remained with the 'secret question' option as it would be far more secure than simply retyping the name of the character. As someone mentioned earlier, people were complaining that they can't remember their 'secret answer' which is their own fault. I had once forgotten my answer, and simply contacted support who responded quite quickly and had it changed. From there on I simply recorded my secret answer in a document somewhere safe.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté February 17, 2014, 03:06:20 | #18
as someone who didnt remember their secret answer and had to wait for a very long time im happy they changed it to this.... i mean i know my stuff now cause they finally after teh change let me reset my account but i think this is a fine thing the secret answer was a good idea but with no easy way to be able to get it i dont think its a very viable idea to use.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2014-01-25
posté February 17, 2014, 06:06:06 | #19

Quote (MoshPitt @ 16 February 2014 17:30) *

I dont even....NO

When you are deleting a character you have to type in the name in order to delete it. It does not lock the name. I've deleted several characters to move names around different accounts.

Alright, calm down. Jesus, you act like I killed your mother. I've known games that do that- delete a character, you can't use that exact name anymore. I haven't deleted a character since the last big update, I didn't know if they changed it or not, plus it makes more sense to complain about that than having to type out your character's name to delete it.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté February 17, 2014, 07:07:27 | #20

Quote (Heartbank @ 17 February 2014 06:06) *

Quote (MoshPitt @ 16 February 2014 17:30) *

I dont even....NO

Alright, calm down. Jesus, you act like I killed your mother. I've known games that do that- delete a character, you can't use that exact name anymore. I haven't deleted a character since the last big update, I didn't know if they changed it or not, plus it makes more sense to complain about that than having to type out your character's name to delete it.
Wow calm down jesus

no one said anything about killing moms