Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Why Won't Ankama Tell Sabi the Truth?
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté February 17, 2014, 21:48:54 | #1
Why Won't Ankama Tell Sabi the Truth? Over the past few months, Sabi has gone to ask Ankama for a wide range of information regarding the game of Wakfu, both in it's current state and in possible future changes.

We have heard nothing back from Ankama.

Let me be more specific: we have occasionally heard that we will "soon" hear something substantial. But as months continue to creep by, and we work our way towards the end of February, there is still only the slightest dusting of communication to be had.

We know Sabi is a good person, perhaps she is so good that Ankama finds it easy to ignore her. Maybe they need to be kinder to her, and follow through with the information she requests? Or maybe they need to give her other people she can go to to get things done? Maybe the structure as it is allows for easy promises of action, and zero consequences for failure to follow through. Because one thing is obvious: a lot of questions have been asked, repeatedly. And we have zero answers.

A quick reminder of what we're still waiting for:

• PP Lock/Droprate Revamp first quarter 2014
  • Explanation of Multiman Nerfs (keys cost, nerf to dropping Relic Fragments)
  • Roadmap 2014
  • Controllable Summons/Mechanicals for All
  • Monthly Letters to the Community
  • A general increase in frequency and quality of communication
  • A heap of other stuff, I'm sure

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - February 17, 2014, 22:10:30.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-04-11
posté February 17, 2014, 22:00:05 | #2
Yeah, seems like Ankama is going back to their old ways from the dark times when SE had to pull teeth to get the NA community answers to anything.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-12-05
posté February 17, 2014, 22:43:43 | #3
Its nice to see someone not shooting Sabi for the lack of information for once and going the right way about it.

You have my support and I agree with your statements.

Personally, its half way through Feb, I think this Road Map business is starting to take the biscuit.

I think they are screweing up with the whole idea of updates every month, I would rather it be every 2 months and they did it properly and communicated with us properly. Don't you think so? Given customer service is a big part of any company given we are the people that they rely on to keep them going.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2009-06-10
posté February 17, 2014, 22:53:32 | #4

Quote (Epyon1990 @ 17 February 2014 22:43) *
Its nice to see someone not shooting Sabi for the lack of information for once and going the right way about it.

You have my support and I agree with your statements.

Personally, its half way through Feb, I think this Road Map business is starting to take the biscuit.

I think they are screweing up with the whole idea of updates every month, I would rather it be every 2 months and they did it properly and communicated with us properly. Don't you think so? Given customer service is a big part of any company given we are the people that they rely on to keep them going.
As good as this sounds, we are still paying for a half finished game, i wouldn't mind updates every 2 months if they at least finished 3/4s of it v.v

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 17 February 2014 21:48) *
Over the past few months, Sabi has gone to ask Ankama for a wide range of information regarding the game of Wakfu, both in it's current state and in possible future changes.

We have heard nothing back from Ankama.

Let me be more specific: we have occasionally heard that we will "soon" hear something substantial. But as months continue to creep by, and we work our way towards the end of February, there is still only the slightest dusting of communication to be had.

We know Sabi is a good person, perhaps she is so good that Ankama finds it easy to ignore her. Maybe they need to be kinder to her, and follow through with the information she requests? Or maybe they need to give her other people she can go to to get things done? Maybe the structure as it is allows for easy promises of action, and zero consequences for failure to follow through. Because one thing is obvious: a lot of questions have been asked, repeatedly. And we have zero answers.

A quick reminder of what we're still waiting for:

• PP Lock/Droprate Revamp first quarter 2014
  • Explanation of Multiman Nerfs (keys cost, nerf to dropping Relic Fragments)
  • Roadmap 2014
  • Controllable Summons/Mechanicals for All
  • Monthly Letters to the Community
  • A general increase in frequency and quality of communication
  • A heap of other stuff, I'm sure
Though, SURELY ankama will deem some reason to close this thread for violating the rules, when the mere fact of matter is they don't want people to call them out on their faults, I have to say that the general basis for all the several things they have taken away/added hardly coincide with one another, all totally unrelated in any fashion, and that they are working on 2 many problems at ONCE, i wouldn't mind if they took the half of last years map re-posted that shit, i just want some foreknowledge less prior 2 3 days before they happen. if something is deemed live-able such as ridiculously low drop rates, pp caps wis caps, it's no big deal 2 them, they'll get to it when they get to it, BUT DARE WE POST A VIDEO FOR THE COMMUNITY TO HELP OTHERS, no less than a week later we get an entire class nerfed to the ground no thought process just saw something they made, made the game a little easier and than totally removed, rather than balancing it, they are only taking easy routes in all they do, rather spending any quality time to brain storm, why? Because they are biting off far more than they can chew.

This post has been edited by JuStpLaiNtalENt - February 17, 2014, 23:09:33.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté February 17, 2014, 23:57:49 | #5
Jumping into the thread because I'm feeling ignored, sort of. We had visibly more communication in 2013, I will mention podcasts, liked it a lot and they were really telling the things that are going to appear in the game shortly.
Podcasts are gone, monthly letters were a small ray of hope but it seems to be abandoned now. Topics of current interest, named by Tommy, are ignored since forever. How are we supposed to feel about that..?
Now everything we hear from Ankama is endless multimen promos and -50%'s on the boutique. Just as if they stopped caring about the community at all.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-05-15
posté February 18, 2014, 02:41:28 | #6

Quote (JuStpLaiNtalENt @ 17 February 2014 22:53) *
As good as this sounds, we are still paying for a half finished game, i wouldn't mind updates every 2 months if they at least finished 3/4s of it v.v

BUT DARE WE POST A VIDEO FOR THE COMMUNITY TO HELP OTHERS, no less than a week later we get an entire class nerfed to the ground no thought process just saw something they made, made the game a little easier and than totally removed, rather than balancing it, they are only taking easy routes in all they do, rather spending any quality time to brain storm, why? Because they are biting off far more than they can chew.

You sir, are brilliant!! I couldn't say better.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 18, 2014, 07:02:08 | #7
They was revamping 2 classes per month but now even one class so hard for them, even fixing little hings so hard for them(fair machines,some sadida problems), they are so succesful about removing things but so slow about adding back(mobile arenas). What changed so much? They fired half of Wakfu team? So everything is getting slower day by day? 

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2010-12-17
posté February 18, 2014, 07:10:56 | #8
Panda revamp in may
Sram revamp in october

letting sadidas and osas control summons in december

This post has been edited by Neneko88i - February 18, 2014, 07:11:41.
posté February 18, 2014, 07:13:59 | #9
I hope they will finally descend from on high and share information with us mortals.

It would be really nice to hear communication, especially specific communication that was promised and never delivered. Maybe they'll make Sabi's job easier and respond to her questions and not leave her looking like a jerk to the community. Stop making Sabi look bad, Ankama! Keep your promises, and communicate!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté February 18, 2014, 15:51:02 | #10
Ankama's credibility is gone imo. I've heard too much, "we'll get back to you soon" or "it's coming"

I can only assume Ankama has botched up so many things in Wakfu it has cost them financially. Because of this, they need to cut back. One of these cut backs seems to be communication with the community.

I wouldn't want to be the person running Wakfu atm. Imagine telling your boss you implemented a horrible feature like runes shortly after release and you need to revamp the whole system. You spend more company resources 'fixing' the system and inform your boss it's done. Later, the boss finds out it's being 'fixed' again. How many core game mechanics in Wakfu have not gone through a major revamp since release?

Ankama has a lot of work to do before I'd recommend Wakfu to others.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-12-02
posté February 18, 2014, 17:10:50 | #11

Quote (Neneko88i @ 18 February 2014 07:10) *
Panda revamp in may
Sram revamp in october

letting sadidas and osas control summons in december
december 2015 xD

posté February 18, 2014, 19:09:18 | #12
Ankama please, salvage some small fragment of good will with your players! Talk with us! Tell us at least if we need to panic about the PP Lock/Droprate Revamp! If it's coming in March at least we can relax a bit and wait for the details!

We're human here, please treat us as such.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 18, 2014, 21:47:41 | #13
Hi guys,

Quickly jumping into this thread, to let you (the community as a whole) know that I am working on catching up things regarding your remaining questions.

Things have been pretty hectic lately for me (Wakfu Kickstarter animated series campaign) and as much as this isn't an excuse but I want to stay transparent with you, so please bare with me a little longer. 

posté February 18, 2014, 22:27:27 | #14
Poor Sabi, I bet they have you mopping the stalls and doing their taxes for them too. Why can't they just let you do your job?  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2010-12-17
posté February 18, 2014, 22:32:40 | #15

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 18 February 2014 22:27) *
Poor Sabi, I bet they have you mopping the stalls and doing their taxes for them too. Why can't they just let you do your job?
tommy that's incensitive, the kickstarter didnt get thousands of donations just from us..it's a campaign so she has to do a lot for that to happen

the problem is ankama and how all the money they got with multiman made them not care about us anymore.

posté February 18, 2014, 22:40:29 | #16
How is it insensitive to say that they're keeping Sabi from being a community manager? She's obviously being given so many unrelated things to do that her actual role has become nearly impossible to fulfill.

Here's a clue: when the face and voice of your company to it's customers becomes invisible more often than it's visible, you have a problem.

They're making Sabi do their dirty work, and nobody is left to do Sabi's work. We need Sabi, not a Sabi buried under running a Kickstarter and stuck posting a bunch of Botique sales.

Look at it this way: Wakfu is a sick patient. Sabi is a nurse. She can sometimes fill in for the doctor, but to also expect her to cook the food, fix the air conditioner, attend fundraising galas and weed the flowerbeds outside the hospital is just too much. You're going to end up with a patient that is suffering needlessly.

posté February 19, 2014, 17:31:23 | #17

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 18 February 2014 22:40) *
Look at it this way: Wakfu is a sick patient. Sabi is a nurse.

Sabi, I need some morphine, stat!

posté February 19, 2014, 18:32:01 | #18

Quote (Gynrei @ 19 February 2014 17:31) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 18 February 2014 22:40) *
Look at it this way: Wakfu is a sick patient. Sabi is a nurse.

Sabi, I need some morphine, stat!
Seriously, where's Triage Team Sabi? That's pretty much what she is, running back and forth with her verbal crash cart, keeping us alive.

"We have a Code Low Morale on Foum EN, Triage Team Sabi, please report stat!"

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté February 19, 2014, 18:34:49 | #19
This is really frustrating me.
If Ankama is going to pull wakfu's only community manager to work on kickstarter, then why don't they pull Izmar to tend to Wakfu.
Wakfu- the game, is a separate entity from Wakfu- the anime, like Dofus is a separate entity from Wakfu and Krozmaster, etc.
If you're going to share your manpower from one you might as well share them from all because necessary tasks are not getting done here. I like the anime, I like the world but I come here to play the game and spend my hard earned money on the game, which is being severely neglected.
I don't want to spend my money on a game anymore if over three months pass on an integral part of the game with not a shred of news about it, not a word, except "soon". Three months to do your job is not "soon", if I did that at my job I would be fired. I'm not saying it's Sabi's fault (probably not in the least), but how things are being run, it's completely unsatisfactory.

This post has been edited by cbunny - February 19, 2014, 18:39:12.
posté February 19, 2014, 19:13:09 | #20
Maybe Ankama fired all the Wakfu devs and are simply copy pasting Dofus updates into Wakfu.