Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Anyone else feel cheated by the new relic system?
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-11-01
posté February 25, 2014, 21:39:59 | #1
Anyone else feel cheated by the new relic system? I see everyone walking around with their fancy auras. I can't help but feel like i was cheated out of something amazing. Cheated might be a bit strong but i do feel left out. Almost everyone i know who currently has a relic got it before the whole fragment system. Dropping a fragment is more like a slap to the face saying "Good luck".

Was just curious to how everyone else felt about it. I wish i was my current lvl before this relic revamp or i would have farmed for it like everyone else.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-10-21
posté February 25, 2014, 21:52:46 | #2
Its sad that we'll never see the gelano relic though. Who in their right mind would grind jellies over ice chafers or wabbits? If you're going to waste 400+ hours trying to get a relic, it might as well be a good one right?

Maybe make relic fragments droppable in groups - so when running dungeon the boss has 10% chance of dropping 1, 1% chance of dropping 10, and .01% chance of dropping 20. Or better yet, combine the old and new systems. Where you still have a very small chance of dropping the whole piece as well as fragments?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté February 25, 2014, 22:46:29 | #3
6 accounts
$36 for ankama per subscriber

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-11-01
posté February 25, 2014, 23:08:39 | #4

Quote (BlackClover @ 25 February 2014 21:52) *
Its sad that we'll never see the gelano relic though. Who in their right mind would grind jellies over ice chafers or wabbits? If you're going to waste 400+ hours trying to get a relic, it might as well be a good one right?

Maybe make relic fragments droppable in groups - so when running dungeon the boss has 10% chance of dropping 1, 1% chance of dropping 10, and .01% chance of dropping 20. Or better yet, combine the old and new systems. Where you still have a very small chance of dropping the whole piece as well as fragments?

Ambassador is also annoying. GL mele classes and the boss room always skipping peoples turns.

This post has been edited by Ippy - February 25, 2014, 23:09:14.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté February 25, 2014, 23:16:29 | #5
Many people farmed relics with MM before the MM drop change. Before the change players were rolling at max 250 + two more rolls at 100 each when using two MM. By only having two people in the party with maxed PP and using 4 MM this was always the case for every fragment. Now... A full six person team with max PP gets the one roll at 250 only. BIG change.

Also, in Ankama's impeccable logic they broke relics into 100 fragments with 100x the drop rate. It seemed to make sense, but they forget something very important. For every 100 fragments that drop we'd have seen one COMPLETED relic in the old system. Now... these 100 frags need to magically combine across possibly 100 players.

This is a problem with something like the Gelano. How many of these fragments scattered across the community are going to combine in one persons inventory to become a COMPLETED relic? I can tell you one thing for sure... it'll turn out to be less than before.

I have 13 ammy frags that will rot in my inventory until the end of time.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté February 25, 2014, 23:26:51 | #6
The whole premise of a team of six spending 1,000 hours to make a single Relic is fundamentally flawed. 100 hours for a team of six to make a fragment, and a lower Unlock rate, rotated relic rolls incase of missed, and a higher % chance of success, and possibly a rare chance to drop a complete relic itself is what we need.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté February 26, 2014, 00:42:31 | #7

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 25 February 2014 23:26) *
The whole premise of a team of six spending 1,000 hours to make a single Relic is fundamentally flawed. 100 hours for a team of six to make a fragment, and a lower Unlock rate, rotated relic rolls incase of missed, and a higher % chance of success, and possibly a rare chance to drop a complete relic itself is what we need.
yep, this is what i said time ago, before they released it... relic fragments + full relic is the way to go...but oh well, greedy ankama :\

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 26, 2014, 06:54:01 | #8
Biggest problem was 800 pp lock, and it is still there...

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-03-09
posté February 26, 2014, 09:57:51 | #9
Yeah the whole thing just sucks. I've given up on it and just started selling pieces when I get them. I doubt I'll be playing long enough to collect a relic myself unless the prices and availability on market drop. By then newer gear will probably be the more efficient option.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-08-27
posté February 26, 2014, 10:32:17 | #10
Ankama keeps forgetting that most people here have a life and don't have time to farm relic frags 24/7 which will be their downfall

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-04-27
posté February 26, 2014, 11:05:29 | #11
Not a single relic piece drop from ambassador wing for me and I've ran it a lot. So far I've got 2 relic pieces from guildies and dropped 1 from ice chafers. This system sucks. I won't sell those relic pieces. I'll wait for my sub to run out and see if they have changed things by then.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-04
posté February 26, 2014, 12:20:58 | #12

Quote (OM3GA-Z3R0 @ 26 February 2014 10:32) *
Ankama keeps forgetting that most people here have a life and don't have time to farm relic frags 24/7 which will be their downfall

Yeap. You will notice that a majority of the players who own relics have at least three accounts or more, and are more often than not online 24/7. Played and slept, and theyre still there farming rofl.

The things Ankama makes us do. I dont even bother with relics anymore XD;

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté February 26, 2014, 15:31:26 | #13

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 February 2014 23:16) *
Also, in Ankama's impeccable logic they broke relics into 100 fragments with 100x the drop rate. It seemed to make sense, but they forget something very important. For every 100 fragments that drop we'd have seen one COMPLETED relic in the old system. Now... these 100 frags need to magically combine across possibly 100 players.

This is a problem with something like the Gelano. How many of these fragments scattered across the community are going to combine in one persons inventory to become a COMPLETED relic? I can tell you one thing for sure... it'll turn out to be less than before.

That's a server population problem. On aerafal there are anywhere between 1-50 fragments being sold for each type of relic at any given time. For instance right now there are about 40 fragments just for the belt on the market. If someone had the money they would only need to check the market like 3 days in a row and they have their relic.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté February 26, 2014, 17:26:05 | #14
I feel more cheated by the people who wanted Ankama to change their previous method.

posté February 26, 2014, 17:36:27 | #15

Quote (Noobility @ 26 February 2014 15:31) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 February 2014 23:16) *

That's a server population problem. On aerafal there are anywhere between 1-50 fragments being sold for each type of relic at any given time. For instance right now there are about 40 fragments just for the belt on the market. If someone had the money they would only need to check the market like 3 days in a row and they have their relic.

That would be great, but i'd still need a ridiculous amount of kama to obtain the relic. It also doesn't solve the fundamental issues with this relic drop system.

I've quoted myself from another thread:

"Farming relics is nothing more than time consuming. I want to be rewarded for how well I play the game, not for how much free time I have to spend online.

UB's are a great example of how it should be done. Some players still can't defeat them and others took a long time before they are able to. But once you figure out how to take them down... it takes 1 hour per token. So 24 tokens, is 24 hours of actual time spent online. That time spent gets you 3-4 legendary items. The lock out of one week allows Ankama to control how fast items are introduced into the game. This allows players with less free time to log in to actually get their item without spending their life online.

Lets say it takes 500 hours to farm a relic. It might take me 2 years before I can invest that much time into Wakfu. And during that time I can do nothing else and enjoy no other content. What I can afford, is to spend 1 hour a week getting that token for my relic.

Add relics to the level appropriate UB's and choose a token number that fits. Better yet, add new UB's for relics. Have tokens from dungeons that can be exchanged for level appropriate relics.

ANYTHING but farming these random tokens (fragments) that force me to spend my entire life online killing mobs I have no other interest in... for 500 hours.

Oh and if you're a solo player, you'll have to ask a few friends to invest their time just to help you break the PP lock."

posté February 26, 2014, 17:50:18 | #16
Most of your reply is off-topic, I don't agree with the relic drop rates either so you're preaching to the choir. But the "nobody can buy/sell fragments" thing is purely a population issue.

posté February 26, 2014, 18:21:03 | #17

Quote (Noobility @ 26 February 2014 17:50) *
Most of your reply is off-topic, I don't agree with the relic drop rates either so you're preaching to the choir. But the "nobody can buy/sell fragments" thing is purely a population issue.

It doesn't matter how high the population is on Aerafal. My point remains, there will be less completed relics in existence on Aerafal because fragments are spread across a number of players.

How is discussing the relic fragment system off topic? The thread is asking if I feel cheated by the relic system. Talking about why the system is garbage sounds relevant to me.

posté February 26, 2014, 18:41:17 | #18
Arguing to somebody who agrees with you is dumb.

And yeah, your point doesn't really remain at all. 99% of people will do something with their fragments, either sell or keep it to make their own relics. The difference between aerafal and say dathura or any other empty server is that on aerafal you can easily buy to complete your relics, fragments don't just gather dust, whereas in empty servers there are very few sellers and everybody is forced to DIY. This is 100% a population issue. Which in turn is an advertising issue. So yeah you're missing the point, you should be asking for more advertising, the idea of fragments is not flawed, it works perfectly when there is population to sustain it.

posté February 26, 2014, 19:33:34 | #19
Seems like a system for losers tbh.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté February 26, 2014, 19:48:39 | #20
The greatest improvement is being able to buy/sell relic fragments. For instance, my PDB was made with 30~40 dropped frags and 60~70 bought/traded/gift fragments. Took me around 1 month of playing or something, and I didn't even dedicate a lot of time for it, just bought fragments i saw randomly and ran the dungeon once a day or 2 days. The system is not thaaaat bad.

Edit: I 6-box/played with friends who would give me frags if they dropped. I guess that counts.

This post has been edited by arthuriko1 - February 26, 2014, 19:49:26.