Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Dissapointed about server closure and possible rollback, A place for everyone to vent

Thread closed

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté March 20, 2014, 12:39:19 | #1
Dissapointed about server closure and possible rollback So yet again we all have to suffer because of some people taking advantage of these bugs ...when are people gonna learn to report bugs instead of exploiting them,working together as a community to make this game even better than it already is ...but unfortunately there actions resulted in all the servers being shutdown ,affecting thousands of honest players who would like to play today,possibly on there only off day from work or studies ....and on top of that there is a possible rollback to follow ,affecting all players who enjoyed the latest Saharash island patch by gaining exp or that special item from the new mobs...the whole situation is really upsetting ..with both parties to blame ,obviously the people exploiting this bug need to be expelled from this community ,but ankama is also to blame partly for allowing this bug to exist ...but people make mistakes i understand this ,and alot goes into making such a great game as Wakfu..so i can imagine its hard to discover these bugs ,and well done on realizing people are exploiting this bug, its just a pity that all your customers/subscribers have to suffer for it ... bottom line is.. I really enjoy playing this game and i wish people would stop exploiting bugs and ruining it for the rest of us !

What do you guys think about all of this ?

PS : Sabi could you let us know about the progress of your investigation and possible time servers will become available again please  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté March 20, 2014, 12:42:10 | #2
Imagine if they're selling these items, DP sets, kamas, relics, wa sets woboots GM eps for currency outside of kamas

then it becomes the happiness of a thousand people you hate or thousands of dollars

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté March 20, 2014, 12:48:14 | #3
That was one very long sentence.

I agree, it's shameful. Life is full of cheaters. MMO's are no different. The innocent must continuously pay.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-12-02
posté March 20, 2014, 12:49:25 | #4
Sabi, knowing if they are going to increment the time of respect quests is also welcome... mine will expire while im at work, i woke up earlier for nothing...

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté March 20, 2014, 12:53:51 | #5
Bored from paying money and can't playing because of some iop-brains...

Also really angry!  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté March 20, 2014, 12:53:56 | #6
I just wonder what were they thinking? They didn't know they are gonna get catch and there may be a rollback because of them? "Oh, yes, im gonna duplicate this ultra rare item 10 times, noone will notice!".

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté March 20, 2014, 12:56:36 | #7
I think the common sense approach is don't play after an update or play very little.

With every new update there is the possibility of bugs and exploits which is going to be the case for a long time. This is not something new so we need to learn from the past.

When there is a new update and if we get a respec I make sure if its working to grab that on all characters.

I would also suggest do not buy/sell or trade, do anything in the HW etc within a 72 hour window of an update and do not do anything meaningful. By meaningful I mean something if you are to be rolled back that would cause you great frustration.

I also too understand the temptation of dropping the first items (when the item is at the highest value) and enjoying all the other content that is adding however for the sake of my own sanity I refrain myself.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2008-11-13
posté March 20, 2014, 13:00:11 | #8

Quote (JerryDB @ 20 March 2014 12:56) *
I think the common sense approach is don't play after an update or play very little.

With every new update there is the possibility of bugs and exploits which is going to be the case for a long time. This is not something new so we need to learn from the past.

When there is a new update and if we get a respec I make sure if its working to grab that on all characters.

I would also suggest do not buy/sell or trade, do anything in the HW etc within a 72 hour window of an update and do not do anything meaningful. By meaningful I mean something if you are to be rolled back that would cause you great frustration.

I also too understand the temptation of dropping the first items (when the item is at the highest value) and enjoying all the other content that is adding however for the sake of my own sanity I refrain myself.
I envy your self control.

posté March 20, 2014, 13:00:46 | #9

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 20 March 2014 12:53) *
I just wonder what were they thinking? They didn't know they are gonna get catch and there may be a rollback because of them? "Oh, yes, im gonna duplicate this ultra rare item 10 times, noone will notice!".

Quote (HateSpawn @ 20 March 2014 12:42) *
Imagine if they're selling these items, DP sets, kamas, relics, wa sets woboots GM eps for currency outside of kamas

then it becomes the happiness of a thousand people you hate or thousands of dollars

We're talking about a player who no longer cares about the game. Suppose he's sitting in astrub selling them for real money, because he hates this game and found an easy way to make 1000's of dollars off a dishonest and powerhungry playerbase.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-02-28
posté March 20, 2014, 13:08:52 | #10

I'm sorry for bad englih ... or something like that.. cause i'm not english but, the things you are telling to us can be read as "Don't play for about 72hrs after an update ... also if you paid for that..."
I agree with you that this can be better then great frustration but in that case want a 3 days free of charge from ankama after each update.

I also think i'll quit game if they rollback too much. In the last days i farm ingame-jobs and also a decent amount of drops (like solomonk fragment). It costs a lot of hours to me and, honestly, i don't want to repeat again that thing. I hope they can punish only the lamers....

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-12-30
posté March 20, 2014, 13:09:56 | #11

that logic made my day

posté March 20, 2014, 13:18:40 | #12

Someone needs to review a certain related thread.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2007-11-27
posté March 20, 2014, 13:21:03 | #13
the common sense says that the game should be bug-less and each update would be a holiday instead of apocalypse

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté March 20, 2014, 13:22:04 | #14
I will be so pissed if there is a rollback. Yesterday I just spent the whole day getting resources for my haven world's already ridiculous upgrade for the level 2 guild hall, so there will be no possible way to compensate for that.

posté March 20, 2014, 13:22:56 | #15

Quote (Pakonitan @ 20 March 2014 13:22) *
I will be so pissed if there is a rollback. Yesterday I just spent the whole day getting resources for my haven world's already ridiculous upgrade for the level 2 guild hall, so there will be no possible way to compensate for that.
I did my tormented helmet two days ago.

I wonder who will be more angry.

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-09-10
posté March 20, 2014, 13:23:41 | #16
Mea Culpa time! also I spent some ogrines those past few days hope i get refunded and hard luck over T-T

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-12-30
posté March 20, 2014, 13:25:34 | #17

Quote (HateSpawn @ 20 March 2014 13:22) *

Since when is this a contest lol....

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté March 20, 2014, 13:26:07 | #18
Well I hope the culprits are banned alongside their alts.. If this results in a rollback I'm curious to what the compensation will be.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté March 20, 2014, 13:26:33 | #19

Quote (Taqo1 @ 20 March 2014 13:25) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 20 March 2014 13:22) *

Since when is this a contest lol....
Seems like the only contest in Ankama land lately.

posté March 20, 2014, 13:29:17 | #20
Did you just say "Ankama land"

do you play nox and like to mock me or do we honestly have the same vocabulary

did I just meet my soulmate

Thread closed