Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Dissapointed about server closure and possible rollback, A place for everyone to vent

Thread closed

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2008-11-13
posté March 20, 2014, 14:10:42 | #41

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 March 2014 14:05) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 20 March 2014 14:00) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 March 2014 13:57) *
Knew they were people duping XD I always see some "guilds" wearing rare drops on all their alts.

so sad..

Ankama finally caught up
we should report these people more often

I hope there's a server rollback because the person probably traded all his duped pieces to alts/friends
This is how you can tell someone didnt read any related post or even comments on this one

that would require a rollback of AT LEAST ONE MONTH.
I read most of it, doesn't mean I need to read your posts
One month is fine if it cleans the server. In the beginning people will be angry but then they realize it's the best thing for the community and server. Some people don't like dofus or wakfu because of the community, if ankama doesn't clean the community they can lose subscribers.
Lmao, I'm pretty sure 95% of the already small Wakfu community would absolutely not be cool with this.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté March 20, 2014, 14:10:53 | #42

Quote (HateSpawn @ 20 March 2014 14:00) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 March 2014 13:57) *
Knew they were people duping XD I always see some "guilds" wearing rare drops on all their alts.

so sad..

Ankama finally caught up
we should report these people more often

I hope there's a server rollback because the person probably traded all his duped pieces to alts/friends
This is how you can tell someone didnt read any related post or even comments on this one

that would require a rollback of AT LEAST ONE MONTH.
One month is fine if it cleans the server. In the beginning people will be angry but then they realize it's the best thing for the community and server. Some people don't like dofus or wakfu because of the community, if ankama doesn't clean the community they can lose subscribers.
If they roll it back a month you can be in charge of remaking my Tormented Helmet.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2008-11-13
posté March 20, 2014, 14:12:30 | #43

Quote (JbcX @ 20 March 2014 14:07) *
You can jump up and down and scream for Mea Culpas all you like but the simple fact of the matter is you won't get another one. They are game breaking as hell and the instant they were released into the community Ankama knew it was a massive mistake.

Think of it this way: The compensation is you don't have to play in an environment full of cheaters using gear they payed for, when you have to grind hours upon hours to get it. The compensation is that Ankama aren't going to let these things slide and a rollback is to ensure the game is fair and the economy is unaffected by a mass influx of these illegal items and kamas, meaning all that time and effort you put into making your money isn't jeopardized. You may want free stuff for all that time you lose but the simple fact is Ankama are doing us a favour by rolling it back, when they could just patch the problem and leave whatever has been duped out there (which would be the easier option).

Sometimes a few of you really just need to put things back into perspective and step out of the little microcosm you ignorantly assume is 'the world'.
Is this the reason they gave out like 5 to every account? xD They're not very game breaking at all, especially considering the 145 level cap and the 150 wis/pp cap...

posté March 20, 2014, 14:15:17 | #44

Quote (Wuhba @ 20 March 2014 14:12) *

You can jump up and down and scream for Mea Culpas all you like but the simple fact of the matter is you won't get another one. They are game breaking as hell and the instant they were released into the community Ankama knew it was a massive mistake.

Think of it this way: The compensation is you don't have to play in an environment full of cheaters using gear they payed for, when you have to grind hours upon hours to get it. The compensation is that Ankama aren't going to let these things slide and a rollback is to ensure the game is fair and the economy is unaffected by a mass influx of these illegal items and kamas, meaning all that time and effort you put into making your money isn't jeopardized. You may want free stuff for all that time you lose but the simple fact is Ankama are doing us a favour by rolling it back, when they could just patch the problem and leave whatever has been duped out there (which would be the easier option).

Sometimes a few of you really just need to put things back into perspective and step out of the little microcosm you ignorantly assume is 'the world'.
Is this the reason they gave out like 5 to every account? xD They're not very game breaking at all, especially considering the 145 level cap and the 150 wis/pp cap...
Wait where was this post

why did it take me this long to be aware of this post

haha I needed this laugh

take it from someone with nineteen accounts and twenty-five characters, not including the ones on Remington. Having an opportunity to get a level 145 character is the same as getting a rag doll. If it's not 100% useless at that time it will be at another.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-03-28
posté March 20, 2014, 14:18:11 | #45
I was actually thinking like this, mmmm...Whats the point of rollback if you don't fix the core of duping. Right after rollback they will start duping again *sadness*. This isn't the first time this happening in Wakfu. I think its time they ACTUALLY FIX this problem for good X:. Cause it ruins the fun of the game for those who actually plays the game for fun without any kind of 3rd part programs. But yea~ go ahead rollback do whatchu gotta do to fix these problems. But you are about to piss off a lot of people even the DUPERS LOL! just kidding duppers be more mad then regular players lmfao, I would like to see one of their faces someday. The reaction after they get after being banned or take away they're "HARD WORKING" duping stuff. jeeez just makes me giggle thinking about it.

Thank you.

Hyprion

posté March 20, 2014, 14:20:37 | #46

Quote (KING-war @ 20 March 2014 14:18) *
I was actually thinking like this, mmmm...Whats the point of rollback if you don't fix the core of duping. Right after rollback they will start duping again *sadness*. This isn't the first time this happening in Wakfu. I think its time they ACTUALLY FIX this problem for good X:. Cause it ruins the fun of the game for those who actually plays the game for fun without any kind of 3rd part programs. But yea~ go ahead rollback do whatchu gotta do to fix these problems. But you are about to piss off a lot of people even the DUPERS LOL! just kidding duppers be more mad then regular players lmfao, I would like to see one of their faces someday. The reaction after they get after being banned or take away they're "HARD WORKING" duping stuff. jeeez just makes me giggle thinking about it.

Thank you.

Hyprion
The long and short of it is the dupers wont care

they arent duping to get better

they understand they will be banned and are trying to get as much real money from it as possible

who cares if you're banned

who cares if they patch the dupe

you sat there and made 1000's of dollars by fucking with a video game

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté March 20, 2014, 15:01:22 | #47
Duping should not, and should never have been possible.

The way it's supposed to work is that the server is supposed to use hashes to sign and validate all item IDs as being unique. With such a design, in theory you'd still be able to glitch things, but the server would detect it, produce an error, and prevent it.

As for making money. If the 'buyers' wish to screw over the dupers, you need only file a chargeback with your credit card, assuming you paid with paypal. Then the money goes back into your account. You can do this up to 3-6 months or so later. And there is really little they can do to get it back. Payment systems always favor the buyer.

Senior Moderator * Member Since 2013-11-01
posté March 20, 2014, 15:09:44 | #48
Hi guys, I see everyone is disappointed in the certain players that abuse bugs and ruin the game for others and cause such issues like we have right now.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know, if you are aware of anyone abusing bugs or generally breaking the rules, you can anonymously report these people by inboxing me with a screenshot as evidence and we can take the necessary action to preventing this from happening again in the future.

Just remember that we need evidence, we cannot take action on players on hear say alone.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-03-06
posté March 20, 2014, 15:18:51 | #49
Dang tried logging in and said server was locked i guess this is why huh this stinks. Mainly Because i don't want a rollback e.e and that dupers are taking my gaming time away! lol

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté March 20, 2014, 15:25:21 | #50

Quote (MODAradryan @ 20 March 2014 15:09) *
Hi guys, I see everyone is disappointed in the certain players that abuse bugs and ruin the game for others and cause such issues like we have right now.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know, if you are aware of anyone abusing bugs or generally breaking the rules, you can anonymously report these people by inboxing me with a screenshot as evidence and we can take the necessary action to preventing this from happening again in the future.

Just remember that we need evidence, we cannot take action on players on hear say alone.
what about if you suspect someone is duping?

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté March 20, 2014, 15:26:13 | #51

Do you guys not have ANY server logs? Are you people just bluffing when you say "yeah, don't exploit because we can catch you with our logs!" ..?

What is going on.. -_-

This post has been edited by azalyn - March 20, 2014, 15:28:10.
Reason for edit : I prefer text smilies.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté March 20, 2014, 15:26:36 | #52

Let me just log in and screenshot these... oh snap!

Quote (KING-war @ 20 March 2014 14:18) *
I was actually thinking like this, mmmm...Whats the point of rollback if you don't fix the core of duping. Right after rollback they will start duping again *sadness*. This isn't the first time this happening in Wakfu. I think its time they ACTUALLY FIX this problem for good X:. Cause it ruins the fun of the game for those who actually plays the game for fun without any kind of 3rd part programs. But yea~ go ahead rollback do whatchu gotta do to fix these problems. But you are about to piss off a

Ankama has a history or fixing bugs only to break the same thing again with another update.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2007-12-12
posté March 20, 2014, 15:29:27 | #53
Sooo... When people abuse bugs? The server suffers roll backs? Not exactly sure how that's seriously encouraging users to want to keep subscribing.

We should all get free reset scroll.... 2 long delays in the past 2 days + timeloss.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté March 20, 2014, 15:30:58 | #54

You may want free stuff for all that time you lose but the simple fact is Ankama are doing us a favour by rolling it back, when they could just patch the problem and leave whatever has been duped out there (which would be the easier option).

HELL NO! I can still enjoy the game and work together with my guild to accomplish EVERYTHING in game regardless of what dupers do.

I will concede this affects PvP but atm there isn't any and i prefer not to make changes based on something Ankama MIGHT put in place in the future.

One month rollback is an extremely large amount of game play taken away. There are plenty of people that would quit over this.

Quote (Taqo1 @ 20 March 2014 13:25) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 20 March 2014 13:22) *

Quote (Pakonitan @ 20 March 2014 13:22) *
I will be so pissed if there is a rollback. Yesterday I just spent the whole day getting resources for my haven world's already ridiculous upgrade for the level 2 guild hall, so there will be no possible way to compensate for that.
I did my tormented helmet two days ago.

I wonder who will be more angry.

Since when is this a contest lol....

Since the dawn of the internet.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-08-25
posté March 20, 2014, 15:34:44 | #55
Can we please get a true and clear update what ankama is going to do about this problem and when can we expect the server to be on .

Thanks you.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté March 20, 2014, 15:36:08 | #56
For those interested ( who know a bit of french or wanna google translate it ) , Eskarina posted an update on the French Forum .

Bonjour,Nous venons faire un point avec vous sur l'avancée des choses concernant ce bug de duplication.Le bug a été ciblé et corrigé.L’impact du problème a été différent selon les serveurs. Nous sommes en train d’en faire un diagnostic plus poussé pour savoir si, oui ou non, il faut faire un rollback, et sur quels serveurs.Des sanctions vont être appliquées sur les comptes des personnes ayant le plus abusé du bug (les règles à ce sujet sont encore à préciser).Tant que nous n’aurons pas pris de décision quant à la possibilité d’un rollback, et que nous n’aurons pas la liste précise des personne ayant le plus abusé du bug, les serveurs resteront fermés : nous n’avons pas d’estimation d’heure de réouverture pour l’instant. Il est toutefois probable que les serveurs réouvrent au fur et à mesure de l’avancée de notre diagnostic.Ce bug était déjà présent sur le serveur bêta : une fois que tout sera revenu en ordre, nous ferons également une recherche sur les comptes ayant abusé du problème sur le serveur bêta et ne nous ayant pas informé de cette faille. Nous leur appliquerons la même sanction que pour les serveurs "classiques".Nous reviendrons vers vous dès qu'une décision aura été prise sur les éléments cités ci-dessus.

The Bug seem to have been located and dealt with . Servers will open gradually when ''problems'' are fixed . They also need more ''diagnostic'' time to check if a rollback is necessary or not......Lets wait and see!

This post has been edited by darays2 - March 20, 2014, 15:36:48.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-11-16
posté March 20, 2014, 15:40:36 | #57

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
*Drops down to my knees, while my arms gesticulate to the sky..*

Nooooooooooooo!

1 month rollback? Their goes 6 - 120+ toons. All their gear, everything in my haven. Prof lvls. Mks. Larduous mats. Fragments.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté March 20, 2014, 15:41:37 | #58

Quote (darays2 @ 20 March 2014 15:36) *
For those interested ( who know a bit of french or wanna google translate it ) , Eskarina posted an update on the French Forum .

Bonjour,Nous venons faire un point avec vous sur l'avancée des choses concernant ce bug de duplication.Le bug a été ciblé et corrigé.L’impact du problème a été différent selon les serveurs. Nous sommes en train d’en faire un diagnostic plus poussé pour savoir si, oui ou non, il faut faire un rollback, et sur quels serveurs.Des sanctions vont être appliquées sur les comptes des personnes ayant le plus abusé du bug (les règles à ce sujet sont encore à préciser).Tant que nous n’aurons pas pris de décision quant à la possibilité d’un rollback, et que nous n’aurons pas la liste précise des personne ayant le plus abusé du bug, les serveurs resteront fermés : nous n’avons pas d’estimation d’heure de réouverture pour l’instant. Il est toutefois probable que les serveurs réouvrent au fur et à mesure de l’avancée de notre diagnostic.Ce bug était déjà présent sur le serveur bêta : une fois que tout sera revenu en ordre, nous ferons également une recherche sur les comptes ayant abusé du problème sur le serveur bêta et ne nous ayant pas informé de cette faille. Nous leur appliquerons la même sanction que pour les serveurs "classiques".Nous reviendrons vers vous dès qu'une décision aura été prise sur les éléments cités ci-dessus.

The Bug seem to have been located and dealt with . Servers will open gradually when ''problems'' are fixed . They also need more ''diagnostic'' time to check if a rollback is necessary or not......Lets wait and see!
im glad they are also revising beta server to find ppl who abused there the glitch and banning them for not reporting it.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté March 20, 2014, 15:44:35 | #59
God fucking damn it.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté March 20, 2014, 15:46:51 | #60
Indeed , im curious to see how this will all play out tho ....

Dunno if its something the peeps around here want , but im keeping close watch on the FR forum , so if i find any more useful posts , i'll keep you guys in the loop.

Thread closed