Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Sidekick oriented group
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-09-20
posté May 12, 2014, 18:03:27 | #1
Sidekick oriented group Hello,
I've been playing Wakfu for some years now, but most of the time I have to play alone or with just this friend of mine. I'm lvl 105 (Panda int) atm and he is 82 (Eni chance). We had stopped playing last year, but we became excited again about the game when the sidekicks were launched, 'cus with them we would be able to form a whole party to go do dungeons and everything without needing that many people connected at the same time and willing to go, etc.But now it strikes me that I don't even know if this composition can work or it's just a silly dream. I mean, since I have "enough" damage, I'm focusing on leveling Lumino and Skale. My friend is focusing on leveling Belzebug and Krobax. The question is, once all the mentioned sidekicks are properly equiped and are over lvl 100, you think this composition would allow us to run difficuld dungeons and face difficuld mobs? I mean, would it be possible for us to be "independent"?Please, give your opinions..  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté May 12, 2014, 18:15:33 | #2
I'd suggest adding Trank to your team. He can take hits very well for the entire group and is a very powerful defensive ally. you'll want him for the tougher dungeon bosses especially.

Lumino is a good choice and should allow the Eni to DPS more often or focus on marking mobs.

I would drop either Skale, Kro, or Belz but i don't know which one.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté May 12, 2014, 18:39:49 | #3
Belz is like the worst MM swap it with a trank better, or another skale(the buffs they give stacks) i use 2 skales and they can boost my eni's range so he can heal anything anywere in the map xD (or attack)

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté May 12, 2014, 18:59:17 | #4
You can find a lot of information about sidekicks in this thread but it lacks Lumino and Protoflex (so far at least).

I would replace Beelzebug with Protoflex or Trank for sure. Your team lacks a tank. Trank is all about tanking (locking enemies, high max HP, high resists) while Protoflex is more flexible (debuff enemy resist, give AP, teleport an ally without LOS restriction, give armor HP to itself or allies, also has high resists, etc.). Since you have two healers you could use either sidekick since they both gain the same resists passively unless you use the earth passive effect Protoflex has which steals resists from allies to buff its own defense. Protoflex also gets fire and earth resists from characteristic points so I guess Protoflex has better resists passively. Trank still has a lot more lock.

posté May 12, 2014, 21:19:56 | #5
Thanks for the answers! We're still thinking about it, but Belz is problably getting replaced by Trank.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté May 13, 2014, 00:20:41 | #6
protoflex is pretty good... i mean he combines like a few different mm can tank, passively gives you ap, can make you unlockable, can increase your damage, can lower res of enemies, can throw you, can sac you. the only thing that rank has is lock but you can shove proto in lock gear if your so inclined even if its earth cause you can use your first turn to just swap it to fire. Protoflex is so over powered its not even funny.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-03-10
posté May 13, 2014, 00:41:09 | #7
I'd highly reccomend you protoflex, trank and lumino or crobax depending do or doesnt u have eniRIPsa in party.

Also u can come to mine channel on youtube and see some dungeons with 2-3 ppls + multiman.

Also u must remember that sidekick must be geared as well as char to show u a good results.

As DPT sidekick most recommended imho is shadow(any-element you choose-aoe) crobax(air point damager and swaper) and u can try scara further. Fire is good to crits on high level. But i still didnt tried him well enough.

This post has been edited by MidoElder - May 13, 2014, 01:08:35.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté May 13, 2014, 00:43:20 | #8

Quote (Kakenshu @ 12 May 2014 18:59) *
You can find a lot of information about sidekicks in this thread but it lacks Lumino and Protoflex (so far at least).

Hahaha, yeh... I really need to update that thread. Possibly get around to it this week (hopefully... maybe...).

- Kat

posté May 13, 2014, 13:25:51 | #9
Just to give a second opinion, i would replace skale and possibly even Lumi.

Currently your team has two healers(lumi+water eni), two damage dealers(panda+bug) and two support characters(crobax and skale). I think with that team your main problem will be having sufficient damage.

I do think Trank is a great sidekick, and a tank is important or at least helpful for a lot of content, but it might not be what most benefits you for quite a while.
At the level range you stated, i would imagine you guys would be running whisperer and blibiza dungeons. Except for hushed none of these really requires a tank.

And scale has a nice 2 AP buff, but he really is not bringing much else. The eni can already remove debuffs and the + range is not always a necessity.

All the communities dislike for Beezlebug often comes from their attitude twards sidekicks. I have only seen one person with sidekicks wearing dragonpig items and a hushed scepter. Most players give them leftovers rather then gearing them as they would a "real character", and have generally poorly equipped sidekicks.
A poorly equipped krobax still moves enemies and allies around, and thus still does "his thing". A poorly equipped beezlebug will do terrible damage, and thus look bad. This is also why beezlebug is regarded as worse then shadow. Shadow's damage passive is much more noticable and beneficial then Bugs when both have poor items because +damage is a much more visible damage increase then +crits at low levels and wearing bad items.

If you invest in giving your bug good fire items he can do very good damage, with the advantage of attacking from a very long range. My bug is wearing rather mediocre items(some magmog pieces at best), but he is level 130 and is already as strong as many players i group with.

If i could chose any 4 sidekicks to use with a fire panda and water Eni i would prolly go for Trank+shadow+bug+crobax. Shadow and bug for damage, crobax for positioning enemies into your shadow/panda's Aoe atacks and for fight mechanics, and trank for tanking.

This post has been edited by YetAnotherNewbie - May 13, 2014, 13:56:24.
posté May 13, 2014, 15:28:22 | #10
I just want to add why I'd keep Lumi. Using your Eni to heal and either shadow or Belze to DPS isn't as strong as an Air/Fire Eni and Lumi imo.

The Eni can wear kitskill giving them access to the best gear in game. An Air Eni is also very strong and helpful in many situations. Not to mention you'll find it easier to Fire Mark all mobs when not focused on water heals.

If you plan to party for UBs often i would understand keeping your Eni as a main healer and dropping Lumi however. Since Lumi can't replace you for UBs.

It's true Trank might not be as useful earlier on, but plan ahead. You'll be spending far more time at endgame then you will just getting there. Plus trank can take hits for your whole team and not need bread after battle. Too good to pass up.

Newb is correct about the DPS sidekicks seeming weaker because of the gear issue and other sidekicks not needing great gear to perform their role. But you will likely face that same problem and will get more out of the utility sidekicks. Plus, finding the tank/healer role in parties is often the hardest part. Having the sidekicks to fill those roles already, is helpful. Grabbing other players to DPS is usually the easiest part.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - May 13, 2014, 15:35:34.
posté May 13, 2014, 18:27:48 | #11
Yeah I'm considering keeping Lumino but replacing Skale for Shadow
But hey, I thought you couldn't use sidekicks on UBs. Am I wrong?  

Quote (MidoElder @ 13 May 2014 00:41) *

Also u can come to mine channel on youtube and see some dungeons with 2-3 ppls + multiman.

Hey I had already watched some of your vids! It was one of the inspiring elements that made me want to come back to Wakfu, 'cus I saw how strong sidekicks can be  

posté May 13, 2014, 18:43:04 | #12

Quote (LolinhaLove @ 13 May 2014 18:27) *

Sorry if that was confusing. You can't use Sidekicks for UBs.

posté May 13, 2014, 18:56:02 | #13

Quote (Gynrei @ 13 May 2014 18:43) *

Sorry if that was confusing. You can't use Sidekicks for UBs.
Ah that's ok I was super happy for some minutes haha

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-03-10
posté May 13, 2014, 20:01:51 | #14

Quote (LolinhaLove @ 13 May 2014 18:27) *
Yeah I'm considering keeping Lumino but replacing Skale for Shadow

Quote (MidoElder @ 13 May 2014 00:41) *

Hey I had already watched some of your vids! It was one of the inspiring elements that made me want to come back to Wakfu, 'cus I saw how strong sidekicks can be

Thx a lot! They can be even stronger cuz i am still even not leveled them to cap and not geared half of them in Wabbit or cactus-spore gear =)