Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Have a question about the game's development? Ask it here!
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté May 26, 2014, 02:10:06 | #1
Have a question about the game's development? Ask it here! Ask away!

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - September 01, 2014, 20:11:17.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-06-07
posté May 26, 2014, 03:52:07 | #2
Hello there, Mango!

What a wonderful idea.

My questions are:

• Should we be expecting a new class soon?
  • Since Wild estate had its revamp, What about the other islands that were apart of the poll, Anyideas or implements/changes with them? (Kelba could use some spice)
  • Anything new coming to us regarding haven worlds? i.e dungeons, decorations, buildings, new locations? extending space?
  • There a slight possibility we'll soon have more of a variety with character customization?

Thanks!

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté May 26, 2014, 08:06:58 | #3
...why did this get so many downvotes? ;_;

I think everything I'd like to know has been covered in the Q&A thread so I hope it all goes well  

Short Strich * Member Since 2014-02-03
posté May 26, 2014, 11:12:45 | #4
Can you ask unanswered questions from the Dev Q&A Thread? That would be awesome.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté May 26, 2014, 11:44:27 | #5
If this is related to him, arenas, gemlins, golden croum puzzle.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté May 26, 2014, 11:50:04 | #6

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 26 May 2014 08:06) *
...why did this get so many downvotes? ;_;

I think everything I'd like to know has been covered in the Q&A thread so I hope it all goes well
One very angry person with a lot of alts

disappointing to be honest

On topic:

• Should we expect masqueraider island or an equivalent of the "divine dimensions" for rogues, zobals and steamers?
  • Are mounts that at least boost running speed coming anytime soon?
  • Any new Ultimate Bosses in the near future? Big Sandhill?

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - May 26, 2014, 12:01:41.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté May 26, 2014, 12:51:03 | #7
1.Why everything Sadida do is so costly (example: summoning doll, using K'mir on it and controling it then to move someone, or simply summoning doll itself is very costly, making Sadida to very low dmg per turn)?

2.Why Explodoll is so weak (ONLY 10 base dmg at level 100 and ONLY if enemy is close to doll when the doll is KO'ed)?

3.Why Doll Link is not showing the link between Sadida and dolls but between Sadida and Voodoll, knowing that voodoll is NOT linked to Sadida but to the TARGET that Sadida link it to? The Doll Link should redirect dmg from Sadida to ALL dolls, while voodoll should make ally linked to it receive less dmg.

4.Why Sadida have passive that despite nice design of increasing dmg% per turn, becomes completly useless as it work against using dolls? Can't you make this "Lone Sadida" renamed and make it work EVEN IF we have dolls, so that Sadida could summon dolls with no fear of having less effective Brambly Armor, Heals, etc?

5.Why Dolls still cost WP and therefore why Sadida has no use of Control past 6th?

6.Why Sadida is the only class that is heavily punished for playing normally in places like Nun Dungeon, where players suffer dmg each time they use "powerful" spells with WP included, while Sadida suffer each time it place a seed? Can't you make, for example, Sic'em More with WP cost instead, and with effect changed to make every doll get nettled instead of 1 targeted? That would make this WP worth it.

7.Why Voodoll loose HP from ALLY spells? Please make it so that all dmg is REDIRECTED, because now it redirect dmg AND make Voodoll suffer 100% of that redirected dmg in same time, wich makes voodoll speciality ignored aside of using it in Ultimate Boss fights.

8.Why Voodoll has MP? It is not convenient to make it run away to the far away map corner. The only way Sadida can stop it now is to place 2 seeds on side of the voodoll and stay behind it for the whole fight, wich make it unable to have Lone Sadida passive going on due to seeds, and limit the sadida potential by 2 dolls because of these 2 seeds. Its not convenient AND very costly in same time.

9.Why, while slow and with lower dmg then other classes, Sadida has no effective way to survive to counter the high dmg dealing classes? Having doll link redirect part of the dmg from sadida to dolls would be best solution... so again i ask why this got removed?

10.Why we need to cast Dolly Sacrifice TWICE on the same doll to remove it? This limit greatly the timer. Instead why don't you make Dolly Sacrifice remove the doll from cell (without making seed appear there) and make "Doll" speciality with ability to turn targeted doll to seed? That would be very helpful to make Sadida players do their actions within the timer.

11. Why Rust spell is so weak comparing to Boohowl or Whip? And also why Rust spell need to target dolls, when it is even impossible to target 6 dolls with it (full sadida potential). For osamodas is possible to target 2 summons and enemy with Boohowl in same time and it make it fully benefit from the spell. Hence request to make Rust increase summon dmg of all dolls on the field (or easier to say: make it increase CMC% of Sadida).

12. The dolls are often spread out on the battlefield - so can you give Sadida some effects that will make it able to heal all dolls on the field, for example when at least one doll is targeted or when Sadida target self?

13. Why dolls are so fragile? Their resist is not scaling properly to the new content added! Can't you make dolls have the same resists as Sadida? That would at least make it possible to equip gear with more resist to adapt the resist of dolls to every new content you add!

14. Why tree spell decrease the amount of possible dolls on the field? This is so wrong to make it work this way (they both cost WP). Removing WP cost from dolls would make it possible for Sadida to use the Tree any time its needed and with dolls having the same resist as Sadida this speciality could also increase dolls resist (by increasing resist of sadida).

15. Why Tree spell give only 50% resist at level 100, when it makes close to no difference? If someone can hit Sadida for 1500+ dmg a turn then those 50% resist will not help Sadida to not die in 2 turns anyway... Can't you increase Sadida survivalability? Especially considering that it is meant to support others - a good supporting class cannot be made of paper, because it will be unable to support others, but will have to save its own life.

16. Why Brambly Armors are so weak? Feca can deal high dmg AND get shielded in same time for even more HP then Sadida with brambly armor, while Sadida cannot attack with the AP it used to make the shields, like feca. And also can't you make Armor-To-Be removed and simply make Sadida apply Brambly Armor directly when it cast the spell? That would make it possible to shield self before casting Earthquake for example, wich is not possible now.

17.Can't you make Earthquake spell to ALWAYS hit something? It feels like a waste of MP when it hit empty cells only. Hence, instead of making it appear in front of Sadida, make it spawn from random target, with higher propability to hit as many targets as possible - this way Sadida could see where it might potentially hit and use it wisely.

18.Can you make Sic'Em More give AP to dolls instead of dmg%?

19.If Sadida doesn't hit enemy linked to voodoll with Sadida's Tear, then it will make one target suffer only 20 base dmg (lvl 100) for 5AP cost - thats very low, especialy when you see the aoe spells inflicting dmg to 4+ targets in same time even. Can't you make Sadida's Tear inflict the same dmg to target linked to voodoll as it does to initial target IF the target of this spell is not linked?

20. Why we can't use Drain spell with 1 range (close combat) to make Inflatable near us with it or to heal OURSELF with Drain? Why its ok for Ecaflip to be able to heal self with its fleaches spells while doing dmg but its not for Sadida to be able to do similar thing but healing self only if Drain is used in close combat? Would that be unfair if Sadida could heal self instead of an ally, considering that it can heal even 4 allies in same time? Why Drain spell has no use for solo gameplay?

21.Why K'mir state doesnt last 1 whole turn as it should? Why K'mir link disappear right away before enemy or ally that was targeted with K'mir can move? Considering K'mir cannot be linked to stabilized targets and it stabilize in same time, can't you make K'mir last until the end of Sadida FOLLOWING turn? That would make it impossible to abuse it on 1 target every turn, but will make it possible for Sadida to follow target of K'mir, wich used to be very fun before the Sadida had the revamp. Some people still consider the fact that K'mir disappear when Sadida end current turn as a bug. Please fix it. If its ok for Sacrier to use Cage of Blood on the same target every 2nd turn, to be in close combat right away at start of next turn, then it should be fine for Sadida to link self with K'mir to any ally or enemy and follow it for 1 whole turn, even during that enemy or ally turn. We (players community) really want this utility.

22.Is any developer even reading Class forums?

23.If i have suggestion to developer about possible class revamps, how can i contact them in best way, or chat with them about it? I mean, by avoiding suggestion forum, where trolls might come and make the suggestion look bad?

24. Why ranged class that cannot cast spells in melee and need to dodge, is punished and can't gain distance from the locking melee class? Also why ranged class HAVE TO lock someone by default, even if it doesn't want to? Can't you make Locking someone as an option for players that will cost them 1mp to try to lock? This way if they fail to lock, the dodging ranged class would gain the desired distance and won't be locked every turn - that would make this game more tactical. The map have its edge and soon the ranged class would have to move to the side, giving melee class the possibility to lock it again. So please consider this change.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - May 26, 2014, 12:55:06.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté May 26, 2014, 15:59:04 | #8

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 26 May 2014 12:51) *

Umm, Did you expect Sadida players to be so unhappy with Ankama?

The statistical gap between the strongest and common players seems extremely large at the moment. It divides the player base as not everyone can participate in the same content with each other. Classic and Elite mode for example. Are you content with the equipment and statistical gap between the strongest and more common players in Wakfu?

Do you consider Elite/Hardcore mode a success? What was your goal when implementing this feature? Classic mode feels like a massive waste of a players time considering Elite mode contains drops only found there and Relics are near impossible to acquire from Classic mode.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - May 26, 2014, 16:00:34.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté May 26, 2014, 21:02:45 | #9
This isn't a question, but can you say hi for Troyle? We miss him. ;~;

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté May 26, 2014, 21:33:48 | #10
Here's my three questions:

1) There's a lot of unfinished content in the game, like for example Mobile Arenas, the Alkatrool Prison bosses, prospecting changes, unfinished character revamps, the Mount Zinit storyline, and the countless Prims spread out across the World of Twelve, amongst others. Doesn't having all these ongoing projects at the same time cause problems with where the game should be headed? How do the devs handle this process?

2) Are there any plans of increasing the number of developers?

And then my least friendly question:

3) Some time ago, it was promised to the english community that Ankama would start promoting their game in the US and Europe, to increase the number of new players in the game, which seems to be a big problem across all servers (minus the French and WAPAC ones). Any progress so far?

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-09-01
posté May 26, 2014, 21:37:18 | #11
Honestly, asking more about the lock/dodge changes and any more info they're willing to give would be great. Right now people are just kind of testing things and it appears there's different thresholds for the change from 2 AP / 2 MP to 2/3 or 1/2.

1.) If they intend to keep the threshold differences (and whether they're per mob or per mob family), how do they expect to convey that information clearly to the playerbase for planning ahead of time? Right now that's a boon of the current system, in that its simplicity makes it easy. Look up the mob's lock, calculate your dodge vs their lock, every 2 points above or below correlates to a + or - 1% difference up to 95%. That's easy to do on the fly as a comparison between the two, but it sounds like it might not be with the new system.

2.) Have they considered a static system (like it is now, scaling evenly throughout) as I mentioned in This topic? (probably can't link him to that, but it should be easy for you to describe the 20-point threshold scale in use in my example there)

3.) Even more importantly, how much more info can they give into how they're going to adjust very lock-important fights, like Dragon Pig and Wa Wabbit, wherein locking is right now essential to ensure the survival of the group?

4.) With the lock/dodge changes, are they going to consider removing the 'hard cap' states of some mobs which makes them unlockable completely (most noteably, Ponktius and Crushing mobs do this, while crushing mobs have 300 lock themselves)?

5.) Any more info on how they intend for multiple lockers vs one person to work would be good (if the cap remains the same, how the lock vs dodge will calculate, etc).

6.) Are there any plans to change the method in which the 'tank' classes function (notably Foggernauts, Sacriers and Fecas, which have all been designed to lock mobs to tank them)? Given that locking isn't such a 'sure thing' as it used to be, will there be any class-specific changes to adapt them to a newer/different style of protecting themselves or generating 'aggro' at all (right now only fecas can really, and the system is very vague as to how it works)?

6.) There's been sparse little talk of the combat overhaul, even though it's really not that far away (most people are guessing late june, which means it's about a month away, unless delayed). Devs have hinted at adding passives that might be global and selectable by multiple classes, but no details of what they might even be. Can we see some ideas about what we might be able to expect? And if not that, then can they tell us any more about what the 'combat overhaul' entails, beyond lock/dodge changes and a few passives? Will drop rates see their promised changes with this (and most likely, enus seeing changes as well)?

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté May 27, 2014, 02:02:38 | #12
question:
> Why wakfu is only about fighting when you have so much potential? Fighting only to lvl up gets boring after a while (my point of view).
You can't do nothing with the environnement, nothing with politics/outlaws, haven world is for only those who can get one : your guild leader, not you (well just exaggerating here , no worry).

> I remember the 4nations revamp with nice pictures and sufoquia with stasis everywhere. And customized drogoturkey. What about them?

> Did someone get fired again? haha

This post has been edited by RyoChazam - May 27, 2014, 02:03:13.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté May 27, 2014, 03:40:25 | #13
25. What is the weight of each stat in items?

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-10-31
posté May 27, 2014, 03:41:18 | #14

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 27 May 2014 03:40) *
25. What is the weight of each stat in items?
Sabi please answer this.

-Rizarealm 

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2014-04-08
posté June 12, 2014, 11:34:07 | #15
Is this interview thing still going to happen? o:

posté June 12, 2014, 13:47:44 | #16
When I have time, yes. I've been swamped with work IRL lately so I had to keep pushing this back with [dy7]. Unfortunately, I typically get back from work by the time it's early AM in France making this a little difficult to coordinate.

I'll update in this thread when there's a set date. Sorry for the delays.

• Mango

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté June 12, 2014, 14:38:21 | #17
the soon™ disease is spreading  

posté June 12, 2014, 15:10:31 | #18

Quote (LioVamp @ 12 June 2014 14:38) *
the soon™ disease is spreading

I know right? I'm beginning to feel like I'm almost qualified to work for Ankama.

• Mango

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-31
posté June 14, 2014, 12:30:15 | #19
Hey Mango.Great thing you give us the opportunity to get a dev answer the questions we ask. Here are mine:

1. Is Ankama actively working at class balancing? Some classes just seem to be much weaker then others (e.g. Sadidas have horrible damage/AP compared to other classes)

2. When will we see the promised changes to the dropsystem and how will they look like?

3. When will Osas and Sadidas finally be able to control their summons for free? (At least vodoll, please..)

4. Why does Dy7 proudly pronounce that there soon will be cmc-gear for all 3 possible Osamoda-duo-element-combinations while he adds none with water for Sadidas, which, unlike Osamodas, have 8 of their 10 class specialities affecting summons? Not to mention doll HP and doll basedamage..

5. Why do fire/water builds get so few new (highlevel, orange+) gear, while the duo-element builds who already have access too the strongest sets (fire/air, air/earth) keep getting new equipment options to replace already strong items?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-15
posté June 14, 2014, 13:09:28 | #20

Quote (Elithril @ 14 June 2014 12:30) *
Hey Mango.Great thing you give us the opportunity to get a dev answer the questions we ask. Here are mine:

1. Is Ankama actively working at class balancing? Some classes just seem to be much weaker then others (e.g. Sadidas have horrible damage/AP compared to other classes)

2. When will we see the promised changes to the dropsystem and how will they look like?

3. When will Osas and Sadidas finally be able to control their summons for free? (At least vodoll, please..)

4. Why does Dy7 proudly pronounce that there soon will be cmc-gear for all 3 possible Osamoda-duo-element-combinations while he adds none with water for Sadidas, which, unlike Osamodas, have 8 of their 10 class specialities affecting summons? Not to mention doll HP and doll basedamage..

5. Why do fire/water builds get so few new (highlevel, orange+) gear, while the duo-element builds who already have access too the strongest sets (fire/air, air/earth) keep getting new equipment options to replace already strong items?
4, like 3 of wawabbit set has added CMC damage from 15 to 21, fire/air

5, I guess, water/fire is too powerful expecially for Eni so they are always careful about it (water/fire Eni might be the best )