Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Have a question about the game's development? Ask it here!
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-07-03
posté June 15, 2014, 19:53:59 | #41

Quote (Neneko88 @ 15 June 2014 19:35) *
wakfu areas are really small why do we need mounts?
Because a lot of people begged for them. I don't get why they begged so much though either.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté June 15, 2014, 20:12:46 | #42

Quote (Sentrayak @ 15 June 2014 19:53) *

Because a lot of people begged for them. I don't get why they begged so much though either.
I am sure these people didnt want mounts as "only adds speed" things.  

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-14
posté June 15, 2014, 21:06:01 | #43

Quote (Celay01 @ 14 June 2014 21:35) *
All other answers are worse than this, i choosed this to answer.

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 14 June 2014 19:44) *

Quote (ZerdalBenkor @ 14 June 2014 19:34) *
What's the point of Mounts if all they do is make you run faster?
This is the use of mounts in every game. To run faster.
Dofus mounts both have bonuses and more fast, if we compare wakfu with other games, first game should be dofus.

Also really, dont be funny. If ankama decide making mounts for just travel this means they can decide removing all drago-expresses. And if they decide it i wont disagree them. Drago-expresses are everywhere, why i need something for walk faster? Mounts just can help at finding something at enviromental challenges but if everyone will have mounts it wont help about it too. Also just my opinion, dont start attacking me, if ankama remove all drago-expresses and put a zaap at center of each area it could be nice. I played dofus for years and i walked whole map and never had a problem about it, wakfu maps are smaller than dofus and drago-expresses makes us a bit lazy. They made travelling super easy and if ankama remove them %95 of players will disagree ankama.

So my opinion is it should be as;
-Mounts with both bonuses and speed,
-Just zaap and boats for travel,
-And pets can have favourite areas where doubles their bonuses like in dofus so people wont want just speed of mounts.
If they remove dracos that would just make getting around boring as hell, walking through places you have already been through doing nothing but holding LMB down is frustrating for players (in my opinion) it's far better to minimize 'down time' for the player when making a game.

Also if you want a Dofus clone, go play Dofus!

This post has been edited by JustD87 - June 15, 2014, 21:06:30.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté June 15, 2014, 21:34:22 | #44
They have something in mind for Mounts.

Dofus mounts indeed have bonuses, but there we have a whole breeding system and it takes time to reach the special mounts that give stats. Every server starts with a HP mount. Despite of Wakfu having a great potential for breeding because of Haven Worlds, I am not sure if they are adding that to the game.

I don't want to see mounts in fight unless if they really make decent spell animations and prohibit the use of weapons when riding a mount. What could be done, on my view, is the following:

- Mounts should have a huge inventory and you can equip bags on them to increase it's size.
- Increases speed. Gives profession related bonuses.
- Uses a different slot than pets (mount slot).
- Could be used to cross special areas: if in the future they add swamps, jungles and so on, Mounts could be the only way to go past certain places.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-04
posté June 15, 2014, 21:39:32 | #45
Can't you guys just create a thread to discuss mounts? Instead of commenting questions people posted because they want them to be answered by Dy7 ._..

The mount-discussion seems to be important to many players but here it's just offtopic.

New questions:
Is Ankama planning to add an exotic AP-relic, which players can obtain through either patience (Meridia insignia) or effort (Otomai Breastplate) instead of just luck (hardcore boss drop) or months of grinding (fragments)? Relics trough fragments is almost impossible for small servers with non-working economy.
Is Ankama planning to add epic equipment which players can get in another way then dropping it with a 0,2 chance from a boss?
Will fragments of the pre-Saharach-island-content become obtainable trough achievments? Will the droprates of the fragments outside of a potentially introduced hardcore mode of their belonging dungeons be decreased in the same step?

This post has been edited by Elithril - June 15, 2014, 21:51:08.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté June 15, 2014, 21:48:54 | #46
There is a topic at the Beta Server section, it's easier to just go there I agree.

posté June 15, 2014, 23:42:22 | #47
Will Asse Shield be revamped better? Will the loading screen be changed back to black words with white text? (Seriously no one can read anything) Can Quester's Block be removed? (The only reason it exists is to troll us)

-Rizarealm

This post has been edited by SeriousBelly - June 15, 2014, 23:42:47.
posté June 28, 2014, 00:01:42 | #48

Quote (Kokonaut @ 14 June 2014 15:47) *
Interview is currently slated for Sunday the 22nd around 3:00 PM EST (8:00 PM France, 12 PM west coast). This date and time is very tentative. I am compiling a question list right now to be reviewed. Tried to take at least one question from every poster and from the Dev Q&A thread but no guarantees they will all be answered.

Ankama likes their confidentiality.

[Exi] will also try to be present to answer questions.

• Mango

Edit: Interview questions have been submitted for review. We'll have a more accurate time and date of the interview Soon(tm).

Did you get an answer yet Mango?  

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté June 28, 2014, 00:09:30 | #49
We had to hold it off again, because [Exi] went home for the weekend so he couldn't make the interview time.

Damn you, Exi!

• Mango

posté July 17, 2014, 12:58:53 | #50
Lalalala..

If it doesn't take place soon, some questions surely got outdated. Having outdated question be answered wouldn't be very interesting.

I don't wanna complain Mango, it's really nice you gave us the opportunity to get our questions anwsered (unlike in Ankamas official thread, sadly) and i just would like to know if there is a new date or if it looks like Exi and Dy7 don't want to have a working day long enough to fit into your time schedule.

PS: Although i doubt that questions still can be added - why there are updates for all weapons except Azaels Twin daggers? We get all elemental lvl 150 weapons of all kinds, except a dagger to replace the bloodthirsty.

This post has been edited by Elithril - July 17, 2014, 13:03:14.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 17, 2014, 15:35:47 | #51

Exi is the squirrel and Mango is the cat.

posté July 17, 2014, 20:52:53 | #52

Quote (Elithril @ 17 July 2014 12:58) *
Lalalala..

If it doesn't take place soon, some questions surely got outdated. Having outdated question be answered wouldn't be very interesting.

I don't wanna complain Mango, it's really nice you gave us the opportunity to get our questions anwsered (unlike in Ankamas official thread, sadly) and i just would like to know if there is a new date or if it looks like Exi and Dy7 don't want to have a working day long enough to fit into your time schedule.

PS: Although i doubt that questions still can be added - why there are updates for all weapons except Azaels Twin daggers? We get all elemental lvl 150 weapons of all kinds, except a dagger to replace the bloodthirsty.

We'll review the questions list and I'll add that to the list. It's hard because all of us are working daily, and on top of that we need our translator (who is our very own Sabi) to also be available at the same time. That's four very busy people, one in California, one in New York, and the other two in Belgium and France.

We're all still in contact, but there's no definitive time that this can take place. We'll see what we can do. In the worst case scenario, there won't be a live interview and the answers will just be written out in text and posted either here or the Dev Q&A.

Sorry everybody!

• Mango

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté July 25, 2014, 00:26:07 | #53
Hey everyone, just an update.

I've established an easier line of communication with [ExiT3D] and [Dy7] and we've worked out a new plan. The "interview" will be next week, and will take a new format where I take questions and ask them it during stream. They will provide text responses to work around the oral language barrier. Players will be able to discuss various topics and provide personal feedback throughout the duration of the stream. I have off many days next week, so I'm sure there will be no delay this time.

As Exi heads back home for the weekend, I invite the community to re-ask questions they want to hear answered since numerous ones have been answered, are out-dated, or are already implemented. That and I'm sure now that we've seen a lot of changes since this topic was opened, there are new questions to ask.

• Mango

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2014-02-08
posté July 25, 2014, 02:55:40 | #54
What is being done about the crafting? Im a new player and its really bad, to craft a simple tofu set you need hundreds of materials, is something being done to make craft progress better?(easier noob sets, getting harder when the sets are strong)

Will there be some balancing on the psycopath mask of the masqueraider? I fell in love with this class, and specially with the psycopath mask and fire skills, but everyones says that the mask break the entire branch, will there be some tweking soon?

This post has been edited by CoreSorrow - July 25, 2014, 02:56:17.
Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté July 25, 2014, 03:12:41 | #55
Will there be any change in terms of power between mono-elemental, dual-elemental, and tri-element? With the changing of resistance to final resistance (which causes tri-elementals to have very good all-around resistance, as well as the margin of damage percentage being less significant with the change), runing being based on general damage, relics being general damage, there not being a significant margin between general damage gear and mono-elemental gear, nations all having equal elemental bonuses, et cetera, mono-elemental seems like it is not worth investing in. Also, a lot of classes actually have more potential damage capability being dual-elemental than mono-elemental since people can generally use the best base damage combos by going with two trees than one, such as using two Storm Arrows and two Blazing Arrows. So not only do mono-elementals have less resistance, but usually less damage as well. So will Ankama somehow improve the importance of mono-elementals?

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-03-10
posté July 25, 2014, 03:21:22 | #56

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 25 July 2014 03:12) *
Will there be any change in terms of power between mono-elemental, dual-elemental, and tri-element? ....... So not only do mono-elementals have less resistance, but usually less damage as well. So will Ankama somehow improve the importance of mono-elementals?
Great Question and I second this.

Note: Shortened quoted text for formatting but everything stated was important.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté July 25, 2014, 03:22:29 | #57

Quote (Celay01 @ 15 June 2014 20:12) *

Quote (Sentrayak @ 15 June 2014 19:53) *

I am sure these people didnt want mounts as "only adds speed" things.
Ankama literally said "we're not sure if we can do mounts but if you guys are okay with only speed we can work something out"

and everyone said yes

so you're kinda wrong

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté July 25, 2014, 05:21:31 | #58
I was going to abstain from this but i have a very important question to ask the devs. Why are books not mentioned in the encyclopedia from what drops them and the rates or locks on them. This is mostly to do with frigost because im trying to finish the last achievement and i am not sure where the books drop, if they have a lock... so um do you guys ever plan to tell us?

posté August 12, 2014, 09:43:37 | #59
With the upcoming revamp of almost anything, many questions might have gotten outdated.

I would recommend to start a new collection of questions. I often read that people have additional information from Exi or Dy7 from the beta. It's pretty nice they answer questions there but the informations don't reach the whole community. If we all could ask questions here and the answers would be available to all of us, this would also save the both of them quite some time.

Additionally, at least i would prefer a written q&a over a video interview, when the second one means that it won't happen during the next weeks, because it's so hard to find a date where 4 people who live in different timezones have time.

posté August 12, 2014, 11:19:38 | #60
We had a live Q&A a couple nights ago. Additional questions couldn't hurt, now that a lot of the information we revealed for the first time during the Q&A has likely filtered throughout the community by now.

It should likely happen again in the nearby future. Though due to the impulsiveness of the Q&A I didn't quite have someone readily available to take notes on questions we answered. Hence why there is no written transcript of what was answered during it.

I've been meandering through threads these past few days answering inquiries as I can. The developers in question have been doing the same whenever the opportunity arises that demands their response.

If players want to make a universal thread for questions specific to content and balancing or do so to this one, then by all means. A lot of the questions proposed in the dev bucket thread we cannot answer, as it is not in our discussions or their designation of work.

We'll answer as we can.

• Mango