Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Crafty Elf Costume - bugged?
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-03-04
posté May 30, 2014, 07:03:08 | #1
Crafty Elf Costume - bugged? Some people are probs tired of several posts about the Crafty Elf costumes from a while. I apologize for that.
But after passing by some bugged costume reports, I wondered, and I'm curious;

What does the real Crafty Elf costume look life? I've been told that it's suppose to look like:
1) What Frigost Guild hunters wear; 2) the Red hood Costume you get from Kwismas dungeon, cept with green fluffy things.

Currently, this is how it looks like (On an Eniripsa) w/o any equipment worn:

Mind you, it actually fails to hide the cape;

So the costume basically consists of covering the Helm, Eps, Breastplate, and shows nothing to hide the boots / feet, and shows the bare feet of the wearer instead. I get this nagging feeling that it is somewhat lacking, being called a costume.

My question/s now to the Devs / Sabi / Ryf / Ankama, whoever knows about it:

It is ever going to get fixed? Or is it really intended to look as it is? With the cape showing?
Will it still be obtainable through the next Kwismas event? or some other ways? D:

Just such a waste to see a possibly pretty costume so unnoticed, go to waste.

This post has been edited by Ichiechiechie - May 30, 2014, 11:13:46.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté May 30, 2014, 08:27:31 | #2
It is not only costume shows cloak and i think they made these costumes as it, not a bug.  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté May 30, 2014, 09:08:29 | #3

Quote (Celay01 @ 30 May 2014 08:27) *
It is not only costume shows cloak and i think they made these costumes as it, not a bug.
It is not supposed to look like the frigost hunter costume

It used to be like the other kwismas costumes except was red with a green holly trim where the others had white

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2014-04-08
posté May 30, 2014, 09:09:20 | #4
Yup! It's a bug.

Eskarina confirmed it here.

I couldn't find a good close up picture of the costume, but the Osa in the middle of this picture is wearing it:

It's a red elf costume with green trim and a gold ball on the hat.

This post has been edited by Zygarde - May 30, 2014, 09:09:52.
posté May 30, 2014, 09:55:53 | #5

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 May 2014 09:08) *

Quote (Celay01 @ 30 May 2014 08:27) *
It is not supposed to look like the frigost hunter costume

It used to be like the other kwismas costumes except was red with a green holly trim where the others had white
Thanks for the clarification o3o

Quote (Zygarde @ 30 May 2014 09:09) *
Yup! It's a bug.

Eskarina confirmed it here.

I couldn't find a good close up picture of the costume, but the Osa in the middle of this picture is wearing it:

It's a red elf costume with green trim and a gold ball on the hat.
Oh waw, that's such a waste, it looks way adorable than the normal ones.

Wish they implemented this guild hunter costume with an actual different costume rather than just suddenly "dabbing" it into an already existing and a totally different looking costume ;__;

I kind of dig the guild hunter costume.. well an actual guild hunter costume, not a half-baked one.
I still wonder if it's going to get changed / reverted / 'fixed

posté May 30, 2014, 09:57:50 | #6
I honestly miss the old one its really cute...

posté May 30, 2014, 10:02:36 | #7

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 May 2014 09:57) *
I honestly miss the old one its really cute...
makes me feel like I missed out on the old one ;_; it looks adorbs

current one looks half-baked and the lack of footwear is bothering me.
They should just release guild hunter costumes separately .3.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté May 30, 2014, 11:05:40 | #8
So bug is not about cloak, bug is whole costume?  

posté May 30, 2014, 11:07:59 | #9

Quote (Celay01 @ 30 May 2014 11:05) *
yes

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté May 30, 2014, 11:10:05 | #10
When female Sram is using this costume - it get bald behind. Same for female pandawa, though you can make bald pandawa to begin with.

Female Sadida looses its long hair when it is equiping it.

I think that female osamodas with first hairstyle and ecaflip with the "short hair" keeps it hairstyle. Haven't checked other ones.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - May 30, 2014, 11:10:38.
posté May 30, 2014, 11:13:30 | #11

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 30 May 2014 11:10) *
When female Sram is using this costume - it get bald behind. Same for female pandawa, though you can make bald pandawa to begin with.

I think that female osamodas with first hairstyle and ecaflip with the "short hair" keeps it hairstyle. Haven't checked other ones.

It trims off Eniripsa's hair too. Regardless of the style, they're all long anyways lmao

posté May 30, 2014, 11:14:18 | #12

This is one of those things that I believe Ryf mentioned once in a thread about costumes most of the "costumes" in the game files are created for npcs (like the frigost hunter outfit) so they are not optimized for all characters and animations meaning there will be visual bugs like these on them

One of the many reasons why they need to change this costume back

posté May 30, 2014, 11:14:35 | #13

Quote (Celay01 @ 30 May 2014 11:05) *
lmao, I love how you phrase it.

BUG is {something} now.  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté May 30, 2014, 11:21:28 | #14

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 May 2014 11:14) *

This is one of those things that I believe Ryf mentioned once in a thread about costumes most of the "costumes" in the game files are created for npcs (like the frigost hunter outfit) so they are not optimized for all characters and animations meaning there will be visual bugs like these on them

One of the many reasons why they need to change this costume back
I liked it the way it is now though (except that bald part).
When i joined guild and we met togather they called me "leader of the group" because i had these "googles" from that costume xD Besides it allow my blue-metal Foggernaut to pretend to be female foggernaut. I wouldn't like it to be changed into different coloured version of any other elf costume.

Unless they will in same time release "new" costume that look like this current one... though i belive we would have to pay a lot for it... knowing Ankama.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté May 30, 2014, 12:19:07 | #15
I hope I'm not the only one who's glad about this costume as it is now. If it gets changed to that red thingie, I'd rather die. :c

Well, popping up cloak/boots/whatever is always unpleasant to see, my enu shown above is more like an exception, DP cloak kinda fits her color scheme.. But most of the time I'm wearing an enu emblem, it covers the cloak and ruins the look anyway. :'D

This costume has quite a lot of pros and cons. I really really love the helmet but it hides the hair in most cases. Well, not the first time, a lot of costumes do..
Also it gives boobies to male characters, quite a common issue also.
If these little things will ever get fixed, it'd be great. But I definitely don't wan't to lose this costume, despite all the mentioned glitches, it's currently one of my favorites.

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - May 30, 2014, 12:21:08.
posté May 31, 2014, 06:26:57 | #16
I defo like it too, the way it is now, altho sometimes it bugs me why it's not a full frigost hunter costume instead- like a half-baked frigost costume. why I'm asking around in forums about the costume now.

I figured, maybe they decided to switch the appearance after the first Kwismas event to surprise the people who actually farmed the dungeons to drop the special elf costume, just some hunch.