Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Server compare 2: Save Amara
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-03-23
posté May 31, 2014, 16:44:58 | #1
Server compare 2: Save Amara Hi,

This compare is made at 31.5.2014, 16:42

Other Server:

Server Amara:

Crying..We are imaging that maybe just make us playable in Aerafal is also OK and we can learn some French..

Zhao

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-11-24
posté May 31, 2014, 17:42:52 | #2
It's really sad to see a server so empty :/ but i guess if they merge you they will do it with Remi or Nox.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté May 31, 2014, 18:09:13 | #3
When I see stuff like this, it makes me dislike Wakfu and its company, Ankama. Why in hell are they so against a server merge? I wouldn't mind if my guild's HW moved somewhere else, or if they made it so up to 3 guilds could own the same HW location and choose which to enter when right-clicking it. As for names, simply giving everyone who has a duplicate name a free name change (where they can still enter theuircurrent names and keep them if they got a name change and the other person hasn't chosen it yet) would solve it. Other games do server merges and they do just fine!

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 31, 2014, 18:10:55.
posté May 31, 2014, 18:29:38 | #4

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 31 May 2014 18:09) *
When I see stuff like this, it makes me dislike Wakfu and its company, Ankama. Why in hell are they so against a server merge? I wouldn't mind if my guild's HW moved somewhere else, or if they made it so up to 3 guilds could own the same HW location and choose which to enter when right-clicking it. As for names, simply giving everyone who has a duplicate name a free name change (where they can still enter theuircurrent names and keep them if they got a name change and the other person hasn't chosen it yet) would solve it. Other games do server merges and they do just fine!
That is why its called Bugfu. Server merge = Ogrest Chaos * 1,000

-Rizarealm 

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté May 31, 2014, 20:34:23 | #5

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 31 May 2014 18:29) *

-Rizarealm
Has that ever stopped them?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-04
posté June 02, 2014, 15:19:11 | #6
A merge wouldn't be the only solution. But Ankama simply ignores Amara even exists in almost every regard.
They aren't even looking for a new community manager. The only news the homepage gets are the ones shared with Dofus, translated by the community manager of Dofus.

You wanna know what changed since Troyle became the internation community manager for all communities? Nothing. He showed up zero times.

Neither does Ankama want Amara to be to repopulated nor do they want to shut its doors. It's a very strange in-between-thing. It seems Amara still produces more money then they need to keep the server online but they have absolutely no interest in getting more money from the server.

And i can imagine them one day to simply shut down Amara without a word and without merges or a server transfer.

Ankama is simply incapable to handle a server without a community manager. The state Ankama left Amara in is like a pervert experiment - what will the players of Amara do when we ignore their server for more then a year? Let's find it out!

This post has been edited by Elithril - June 02, 2014, 15:26:20.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté June 02, 2014, 15:27:40 | #7
Be positive, all mines are your, all haven worlds are your, all items are your etc.

just joking 

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-04-19
posté June 02, 2014, 18:29:27 | #8
Bevore they entirely shut down amara without prior notice i would welcome the opportunity to at least get a character transfer. I can believe that a server merge might be hard, coding-wise but transferring a single character should be absolutely doable. Even if copying and pasting all of the character data from one server to another would pose problems in the code, they could just do it manually:

- You fill in some kind of form or ticket to request a server transfer
- You create new level 1 characters on the server you want to transfer to, with the same names/classes as your old chars, or different names in case your old ones are taken.
- Your account gets locked for a few hours during wich time the GM in charge edits all the character stats and inventory manually to match your old characters.
- done.

I would much prefer this to simply having my characters of several years wiped...
Also this would actually be a realistic task for lazy ankama because there are currently no more than 50 active players on Amara. I wouldn't even be surprised if the dark figure would be as low as 30 or less. But including twink accounts i would say it should be at most 70 accounts, most likely less.

This post has been edited by Lysius-Canis - June 02, 2014, 18:31:06.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-06-22
posté June 02, 2014, 19:25:45 | #9
It's all just so sad... I've been playing in Remi since 2012 and let me tell you, the lack of people playing has never been so similar to Amara. I don't get why Ankama won't just merge the english speaking servers already. What's the point of having like a dozen english speaking comunities if theres only a couple active players in each of them? It's not fun playing alone... not really... and when the fun is gone, the players start to leave, and I'm afraid that if a few more players start leaving every week, it's game over. Literally.
Not only this is bothering me, but a couple of weeks ago I read on the news that Ankama is about to open a brazilian server. As I am brazilian, they'll probably force me to merge. Or worse, they could just keep me from acessing my Remi characters, like they did with my characters in Rosal (Dofus server) when they opened Spiritia back in 2006. If this happens, then Remi is gone be even more empty. I really hope it doesn't happen, because I'm certain that lots of brazilian players like me would refuse to start anew on a brand new server after having put so much effort on developing characters in the international server... Decisions, decisions... I just hope Ankama doesn't screw things up.  

Brakmar's News Anchor * Member Since 2011-04-26
posté June 02, 2014, 19:45:17 | #10

Quote (Lysius-Canis @ 02 June 2014 18:29) *
Bevore they entirely shut down amara without prior notice i would welcome the opportunity to at least get a character transfer. I can believe that a server merge might be hard, coding-wise but transferring a single character should be absolutely doable. Even if copying and pasting all of the character data from one server to another would pose problems in the code, . . . But including twink accounts i would say it should be at most 70 accounts, most likely less.
The merger is actually very doable. Do you play on the Beta Server? If you haven't you should. That was literally a server merge of all servers. Ankama has the resources to merge Amara to any server but they are slacking off for some reason.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-12-02
posté June 02, 2014, 21:09:23 | #11

Quote (lealr @ 02 June 2014 19:45) *

Quote (Lysius-Canis @ 02 June 2014 18:29) *
Bevore they entirely shut down amara without prior notice i would welcome the opportunity to at least get a character transfer. I can believe that a server merge might be hard, coding-wise but transferring a single character should be absolutely doable. Even if copying and pasting all of the character data from one server to another would pose problems in the code, . . . But including twink accounts i would say it should be at most 70 accounts, most likely less.
The merger is actually very doable. Do you play on the Beta Server? If you haven't you should. That was literally a server merge of all servers. Ankama has the resources to merge Amara to any server but they are slacking off for some reason.
it would require deleting all guilds and hws so no thanks, also they would add the server name to our names, and thats another no.

Brakmar's News Anchor * Member Since 2011-04-26
posté June 02, 2014, 21:22:56 | #12

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 02 June 2014 21:09) *
it would require deleting all guilds and hws so no thanks, also they would add the server name to our names, and thats another no.
Those would be the only two things that would require them to work out the code. That server name was not too bad on my part since we could distinguish where we come from and have actual server wars. Why are you always so bitter? Where are the PowerPuff girls when you need them.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté June 02, 2014, 21:24:09 | #13
Amara needs to be put out of its misery and let players transfer to Dathura or Remington. This is just sick.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-01-22
posté June 03, 2014, 19:45:35 | #14
I would love a server merge, but unfortunately that also means that the french players would get our bugs too, and I doubt the devs want that.

posté June 03, 2014, 21:22:18 | #15

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 31 May 2014 20:34) *

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 31 May 2014 18:29) *

-Rizarealm
Has that ever stopped them?
Haha you're right!

-Rizarealm 

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-03-23
posté June 14, 2014, 13:16:33 | #16
We need immediatly a merge, because of we are lacking the mid-low lv players which plays an important role in the whol economy and if the economy is down how could we manage to get the stuff?

Amara seems to be a PC -Box game , or a LAN game without any busness.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté June 14, 2014, 19:09:33 | #17
even if there's 10 people left I bet ankama wouldn't care..they really don't care about anyone even if you're paying for a subscription.

that's why they will make everything f2p. but if they don't they should at least merge your server