Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Lvl 155 HC Flaxhid dungeon (shushu) beaten!
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté July 25, 2014, 19:00:17 | #41

Quote (HateSpawn @ 25 July 2014 11:35) *

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 25 July 2014 05:23) *
Flaxhid bug? I've done this at least 15 times already, I've yet to notice the bug. He enters P2, and P3 successfully.
You're a liar. We ran it. I know that's not what happened. You wanted to see if we could make him skip more turns. Don't deny it, don't hide it, it happened Faded.
Oh yeahhh, lmfao. Dude, the mechanism bug.

This guy is referring to P1 not changing towards P2, and P3.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-07-14
posté July 25, 2014, 20:58:52 | #42

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 25 July 2014 19:00) *

Flaxhid bug? I've done this at least 15 times already, I've yet to notice the bug. He enters P2, and P3 successfully.
You're a liar. We ran it. I know that's not what happened. You wanted to see if we could make him skip more turns. Don't deny it, don't hide it, it happened Faded.

The bug is incurred by phase 2, it has nothing to do with mechanics, in phase 2 there is a glitch in his coding and it will result in him acting stupidly, or not acting at all, this makes the boss incredibly vulnerable to being annihilated.

You can't sit here and say you've "yet to notice the bug" because that's a lie.

This post has been edited by deckfeca - July 25, 2014, 20:59:05.
Reason for edit : why the fuck did I post with this account
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 25, 2014, 23:04:31 | #43

Quote (Kokonaut @ 25 July 2014 05:33) *
It has come to my attention that no one is paid to thoroughly test the content.

You have every equal opportunity to assist with Beta testing and providing feedback as necessary. Flaxhid was put in a combat-ready state for the most part

There is no "varying degree of abuse". It's black and white: do the players influence it or is there nothing that the players can do to restrict it from happening?

I'm confused about what you're trying to say Mango. As i understand it... you're saying Wakfu is a game and games have bugs. I hope most players complaining on the forums realize this to be true. Many of us get worked up about Wakfu because of the sheer number and size of these issues.

Are you saying it's acceptable and understandable Wakfu is full of bugs? Or that Ankama continually repeats the same mistakes? That leaving exploitable content in game isn't harmful? How do you actually feel about these issues and how Wakfu is run.

Who is ultimately responsible for the bugs that appear in Wakfu? For a game company to blindly hope all game breaking bugs are reported or found by players 'paying' to play their game is risky. It's nice to think players are helping to reduce the amount of bugs but to leave this responsibility entirely on the players is a poor decision for a company. Maybe i could understand if Ankama didn't already have a reputation for releasing bugged content. Some companies and programmers are simply more competent and deserve respect.

What does having equal opportunity to test content have to do with anything? I'm not spending my free time testing for bugs. Is it unreasonable for me to expect to play a relatively bug free game? At least as far as MMO's are concerned.

Most companies can be forgiven for their mistakes. When they are compounded to such a degree as i feel they are in Wakfu, players will let their voice be heard. Just because some individual issues are seen as trivial, they may represent a part of a much larger whole and should be treated as such.

How do you think most players feel about Wakfu? Are they justified?

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 25, 2014, 23:05:22.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2014-06-17
posté July 25, 2014, 23:13:04 | #44

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 25 July 2014 19:00) *

I've stated multiple times throughout the thread that the boss -does nothing differently from phase 1 to 3-. Yes, in his buff icons it says he goes from PHASE 1 to PHASE 2 and PHASE 3. But that's all that it does. Nothing different, and earlier today I experienced him even "skipping his turn" like hatedspawn mentioned. Seems like you and aqua apparently did "know" about his bug and are just pretending that it doesn't exist. Doesn't get more obvious than that.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté July 26, 2014, 03:55:31 | #45

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 July 2014 23:04) *

It has come to my attention that no one is paid to thoroughly test the content.

You have every equal opportunity to assist with Beta testing and providing feedback as necessary. Flaxhid was put in a combat-ready state for the most part

There is no "varying degree of abuse". It's black and white: do the players influence it or is there nothing that the players can do to restrict it from happening?

I'm confused about what you're trying to say Mango. As i understand it... you're saying Wakfu is a game and games have bugs. I hope most players complaining on the forums realize this to be true. Many of us get worked up about Wakfu because of the sheer number and size of these issues.

Are you saying it's acceptable and understandable Wakfu is full of bugs? Or that Ankama continually repeats the same mistakes? That leaving exploitable content in game isn't harmful? How do you actually feel about these issues and how Wakfu is run.

Who is ultimately responsible for the bugs that appear in Wakfu? For a game company to blindly hope all game breaking bugs are reported or found by players 'paying' to play their game is risky. It's nice to think players are helping to reduce the amount of bugs but to leave this responsibility entirely on the players is a poor decision for a company. Maybe i could understand if Ankama didn't already have a reputation for releasing bugged content. Some companies and programmers are simply more competent and deserve respect.

What does having equal opportunity to test content have to do with anything? I'm not spending my free time testing for bugs. Is it unreasonable for me to expect to play a relatively bug free game? At least as far as MMO's are concerned.

Most companies can be forgiven for their mistakes. When they are compounded to such a degree as i feel they are in Wakfu, players will let their voice be heard. Just because some individual issues are seen as trivial, they may represent a part of a much larger whole and should be treated as such.

How do you think most players feel about Wakfu? Are they justified?

Your remarks and criticisms are completely and utterly justified. And I respect them. But my point that I was trying to make is that we (me and the few people who enjoy to actually test content when we can) do our hardest on the Beta server to help rid as much bugs and help facilitate better balancing of content, as much as possible. For you to completely discredit this fact is very insulting, because providing feedback and helping with the ease of transition of new content is how I still find enjoyment in playing this game.

It may seem that all I do is do content with nothing but the strongest, most optimized equipment. And a lot of time, this may in fact be what I'm doing. But during the times that I discuss class, enemy, and general game mechanics with the developers, I have a mindset that reflects that of the common player.

It is, for example, why the Totem in Flaxhid's encounter takes 3% total HP damage each turn instead of 5%. Because while we defeated the instance while it took 5%, I had to remind them that this was done with the optimal gear set-ups, and that the average team will not be able to clear the encounter in time.

As far as ridding bugs goes, we always find hilarious, overpowered, and outright broken things with the game's new content. People who watch my stream, and not just the recordings, get to witness this each time. We find it, we report it, and for the most part, most the glaring issues are fixed.

Perhaps Ankama should have a more devoted group for thoroughly testing the content. But for now, we do what we can. If your criticisms are against Ankama, then fine. Everyone is entitled to their right to voice the opinion to a company that they have shelled out a great deal of money to. But if your criticisms are against the efficiency of the Beta server to do what a company should otherwise have paid workers for, then this is my retort.

In all intents and purposes, we've ultimately derailed this thread. I am sorry to the opening poster, and will discontinue the conversation from my end. Hope your hunting for Flaxhid's Talisman and the many emblems are going well!

• Mango

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-01-04
posté July 26, 2014, 04:05:58 | #46

We can't cover everything. You can pop most the bubbles in bubble wrap by just twisting the sheet, but there will always be a few bubbles that remain unpopped.

• Mango

Quote of the day XD

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 26, 2014, 10:06:46 | #47

Quote (Kokonaut @ 26 July 2014 03:55) *
For you to completely discredit this fact is very insulting,

I don't believe i was discrediting the work you or others do in beta. I'm pointing out the gaps and problems in this system (Wakfu). It's good that you give feedback keeping in mind the average player. But how many others might not be doing this? You're one voice among many. Just because you may be objective when giving feedback does not mean everyone else is.

I believe it's up to the developers to set the stage properly so they receive the proper feedback they need. That means making a standardized setup for players testing. I feel this is especially important when relying solely on players and not their own staff.

More should be done on the developers end. The testing gear available could be based on what they feel is the standard for such content. There are simply too many gaps and holes in this beta server system. I highly doubt Ankama is checking the gear and setups used to better understand every comment made.

If you say content is too easy and someone else says it's too hard. How do the devs know which is accurate? Are they checking players levels, gear, play style etc?

Doing what you can to help improve things is great but it needs to be a mutual partnership. I feel too many companies and people take advantage of this trait in others. I used to have more faith that things would turn around when in these situations. I'd continue to work much harder with little coming from the other side. However experience has taught me most continue to take advantage of that good will. Ankama is doing this as we speak.

Things need to change. Companies attitudes need to change. Players doing their work for them and cleaning up their messes will not change anything. Choosing not to help may seem harsh as it could lead to a company or game shutting down. But why would a company hire proper testers if players do it for free? Why would a company bother to fix bugs if players continue to put up with them? If more companies like Ankama need to go under before the global attitudes change... so be it.

You say I'm criticizing and you're right. But it's done while showing them WHY it's a problem and most times i give ways it could be done better. You've given me an interesting idea. Maybe i should 'complain' in a bug report from beta on anything i feel like voicing my opinion on. They might read it

tldr: I may be taking it up the a** from Ankama while i pay for and play this game. But i'm certainly not going to let them think everything is great and wonderful while they do it. And I'm definitely not going to do their work for them at the same time. There is a point where it's ok to say, enough is enough.

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-09-10
posté July 26, 2014, 15:00:23 | #48
Sillie it's nice to say u have beaten the dungeon but please be kind and unlike other players who just keep valuable information to themselves exploiting bugs while they can and hoarding more power to themselves share ur thoughts and ur strats to beating this dungeon so we can all enjoy ~ I am hoping u will start to share more and monopolize less

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-05-01
posté July 26, 2014, 15:15:32 | #49

Quote (XHakenX @ 26 July 2014 15:00) *
Sillie it's nice to say u have beaten the dungeon but please be kind and unlike other players who just keep valuable information to themselves exploiting bugs while they can and hoarding more power to themselves share ur thoughts and ur strats to beating this dungeon so we can all enjoy ~ I am hoping u will start to share more and monopolize less
First of all, I don't usually share with people who starts the conversation by saying I don't share .
Other than that, I share the strats with a lot of people in the game. I told them how the mechanic works, how to use them the best you can (the chain heal thing), I even bring some of them with me when they are high enough levels or I know they can help in killing the mobs and if they're nice (Look at that low level sidekick I brought. Most people would be stronger than it). And I also love showing people what I do.

And if you're looking for a simple strats for this dungeon, there's none.
You need to understand what the mobs do, what their attacks do and even use their attacks to your advantage (like some of them would pull or push you. Will they push you off the heal chain position? So can you stand in a position where their push would push you into the heal chain instead?), and how to minimize their damage on you. (example: not getting pulled by the little ones by hiding behind a pillar because THEY EXPLODE!).

Also in hardcore a single mistake would usually kill ur whole team (Like accidentally switching position with the tank). This happens a lot when I chat during fight :3

And for the boss skipping 1 or 2 turns after phase 2, He's locked anyway and can't put a dent on the Feca's armor with 600 - 700 resists and we finishes with the Totem having more than 10k hp. (I'm not giving up the fight just because he skips for no reason)

This post has been edited by NillaSteph - July 26, 2014, 15:41:00.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté July 26, 2014, 15:19:40 | #50
So what does the boss supposed to do in phase 2 and 3? If he skips his turn a couple times, what are we, as players, supposed to do about that?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-05-01
posté July 26, 2014, 15:24:46 | #51

Quote (Asthis @ 26 July 2014 15:19) *
So what does the boss supposed to do in phase 2 and 3? If he skips his turn a couple times, what are we, as players, supposed to do about that?
At phase 2 and 3 I noticed the boss has an attack that causes puts a debuff on you, making you spend 2 more ap on spells, and 1 more mp per movement. And at phase 3, it destroys all my glyphs around it every turn.

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté July 26, 2014, 16:28:06 | #52

Quote (XHakenX @ 26 July 2014 15:00) *

It's as NillaSteph had said. There are no huge gimmicks to this fight. It's knowing the mechanics of the battle, adapting to situations, and preventing the hugely debilitating death-effects of the side mobs from destroying your team. An FAQ to the encounter can be found here. RNG is of relatively little factor in this battle.

Quote (Asthis @ 26 July 2014 15:19) *

As far as what players are supposed to do: nothing. Continue to do the encounter in spite of this. If he passes a few turns, then big whoop. He still acts correctly for the other 90% of the battle. Come next hotfix, this should be rectified. On the Beta server in our tests, he is working perfectly now and no longer passes his turn.

Just farm him as is, for the time being.

• Mango

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-09-12
posté July 27, 2014, 06:57:41 | #53
can we get back to bragging? (and no we didnt make his ai derp.)

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2009-12-08
posté July 27, 2014, 08:45:37 | #54

Quote (BrainIsAjar @ 27 July 2014 06:57) *
His ai derps regardless, and i got a +3 earth too. :O Wish it was air though.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté July 27, 2014, 08:49:27 | #55

Quote (Reime @ 27 July 2014 08:45) *

I was literally gonna say this the people pretending they're beating him without his ai derping to pretend they're not abusing the bug for wins is hilarious to me

everyones doing it and the devs said to do it while you can so you can stop pretending now lol

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-02-28
posté July 27, 2014, 15:10:02 | #56

I already have 3 emblems. 3 to air spells, 2 lvls to earth and one 1 earth

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 27 July 2014 08:49) *

I was literally gonna say this the people pretending they're beating him without his ai derping to pretend they're not abusing the bug for wins is hilarious to me

everyones doing it and the devs said to do it while you can so you can stop pretending now lol
Indeed. It's impossible not to notice the bug. But imagine if you have everything in game and you wanted to play the new content. Would you wait 1-2 weeks just to play it because Ankama released it with a bug? And the AI is not controled by the player like DP in the old days. The ai crashes it self, so I guess it's ok to keep doing it.

Any ideia when will it be fixed? Maybe this tuesday maintenance?

thanks in advance  

posté July 27, 2014, 15:37:16 | #57
It's already fixed on beta server so more than likely next maintenance

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-09-12
posté July 27, 2014, 17:14:36 | #58

we lock him, he attacks every turn till the end. the way we kill him his AI is not derping.

This post has been edited by BrainIsAjar - July 27, 2014, 17:15:31.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté July 27, 2014, 19:06:41 | #59
Grats at winning with bugs

posté July 27, 2014, 19:17:54 | #60

Quote (BrainIsAjar @ 27 July 2014 17:14) *

we lock him, he attacks every turn till the end. the way we kill him his AI is not derping.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that you're locking him in phase 3 without his AI derping but okay