Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

Wtf is this Economy logic
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-29
posté July 29, 2014, 05:01:50 | #1
Wtf is this Economy logic I just don't understand.

Rampart pieces are worth 10kk, ammy is worth 50kk.

So I try to sell my Rampart boots and Rampart mantle for about 9kk-10kk.

Then, they don't sell; I realize somebody was selling them for 2kk.

One day later, I see a rampart ammy for 198kk.

2 hours later, BOUGHT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoodfella pieces are worth 5k-8k.

I dropped 8 hoodfella boots (Wtf actually) after some runs.

I try to sell them for 5kk each.

I wait 28 hours, not even one is sold.

I realize somebody was selling them for 900 kamas.

So I try to speculate.

Too bad there are 24 other Hoodfella boots that are underpriced, and I can't afford to buy all of them.

So now I'm stuck with 27 hoodfella boots because everything is underpriced, and I can't speculate.

YET, somebody sells a hoodfella hat for 29kk, and it's bought in less than 12 hours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wtf has this economy come to.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté July 29, 2014, 05:06:17 | #2
It is supply and demand. If there are lots of items on the board they will drop in price. If there is only one on the board even if it is a bit over priced a rich player might still buy it. 200,000 to a rich player isnt much and they might have just been looking for any ap lock ammy on the board or gear for an alt/multiman.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté July 29, 2014, 05:10:54 | #3
There is a lot of new demand from f2p that can access the game. Prices are in flux a lot, as we deal with the old "normal" prices and then try to meet the new level of demand, which tends to make the prices go way up.

Rampart is harder to find than Hoodfella, thus it's worth more.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté July 29, 2014, 05:14:23 | #4
dude, you should've crushed all that stuff instead of trying to sell it.
do you really think there will be 8 players a day willing to buy some honestly horrible boots?

try to sell only orange and yellow parts, those mostly have some decent demand, but still you gotta pricecheck with more experienced people you trust.
use green stuff to rune the orange and yellow stuff you actually gonna wear for some levels ahead. runed shit sells for more eventually.

posté July 29, 2014, 06:01:13 | #5

Quote (androgyous @ 29 July 2014 05:06) *
a bit over priced
Dw, the price just quadrupled, nothing that worrying

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 29 July 2014 05:10) *
Rampart is harder to find than Hoodfella, thus it's worth more.
Holy crap I know that, thanks for the useless information and also for proving no point

Quote (khackt @ 29 July 2014 05:14) *
try to sell only orange and yellow parts, those mostly have some decent demand, but still you gotta pricecheck with more experienced people you trust.

With the new f2p system, even finding green parts would be a pain in the neck for all these underage unpaying children, won't you think so?

posté July 29, 2014, 06:05:26 | #6

Quote (androgyous @ 29 July 2014 05:06) *
It is supply and demand. If there are lots of items on the board they will drop in price. If there is only one on the board even if it is a bit over priced a rich player might still buy it. 200,000 to a rich player isnt much and they might have just been looking for any ap lock ammy on the board or gear for an alt/multiman.

It has nothing to do with supply and demand, the problem is that there's no sort of guide price, nobody can know the price of every item, so they just put what they think are the price.

It's really awful for the economy, tho.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté July 29, 2014, 06:20:24 | #7

Quote (Hunter-Guilherme @ 29 July 2014 06:05) *

It has nothing to do with supply and demand, the problem is that there's no sort of guide price, nobody can know the price of every item, so they just put what they think are the price.

I thought everyone used wakfu-elements for pricing guidelines.

posté July 29, 2014, 06:57:10 | #8

Quote (androgyous @ 29 July 2014 06:20) *

Most people I know use chat to ask how much something costs and only when you redirect them to WE go there. Is a bit sad even. And about economy, right now there are a lot new people who sell things without even knowing how much it really cost tbh. I seen really hilarious prices in last few days of f2p on market. Like some really worthless gears were put up basically almost for 1 mk or something. Right now with influx of new people economy will be having it's ups and downs.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2010-12-13
posté July 29, 2014, 07:07:23 | #9

Quote (androgyous @ 29 July 2014 06:20) *

Too many people don't know about it. I personally base prices on similar items that I see on the market, but I also hardly sell anything anyway, which is probably closer to the habits of newer players in general (many months of non-subscribed play got me used to never using the market, which I'm only now starting to pay attention to again).

It's just like when Wakfu first started (meaning North American Closed Beta, not the versions before), back when it took 10 iron to mint 1 kama and no kamas dropped from battles. There were never any guidelines for prices since the game was so new and players took a while to get the feel of things. It took even longer for a large enough percentage of the playerbase to get the feel for item rarity for the markets to become relatively stable (and there were quite the balancing issues as far as crafts and drops, which I think totally outweigh the current issues with those systems). So, with this new play model and the large influx of new players onto the market, I would guess it will take quite a while before there's enough information for new players in the in-game markets for the economy to be a little more stable. Purely conjecture based on past experiences. Really, this entire economy system would make for really interesting social experiments.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté July 29, 2014, 09:52:49 | #10
Wakfu Elements market hasn't been working for Nox since last month so it's kind of hard to gauge when prices are fluctuating.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2009-07-06
posté July 29, 2014, 10:05:37 | #11
What is Wakfu Elements?

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté July 29, 2014, 10:08:48 | #12
So basically you're just mad because you couldn't sell what you wanted for the price you wanted.

Prices change, deal with it.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté July 29, 2014, 10:29:43 | #13

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 29 July 2014 05:01) *
One day later, I see a rampart ammy for 198kk.
2 hours later, BOUGHT.

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 29 July 2014 05:01) *
YET, somebody sells a hoodfella hat for 29kk, and it's bought in less than 12 hours.

I hope you realize that these things are the RARER parts of those sets, ofc it'll sell faster compared to the COMMON drops you are trying to sell for the price of a drop that has a higher rarity compared to those.. lol.

There's a big reason that the items' names are color coded in this game, if you still haven't figured it out for yourself.

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 29 July 2014 10:08) *
So basically you're just mad because you couldn't sell what you wanted for the price you wanted.

he probs wants to sell Rampart Boots for the price of Rampart Amulet  

This post has been edited by Ichiechiechie - July 29, 2014, 10:31:15.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-07-15
posté July 29, 2014, 10:59:47 | #14
If someone sees an item they want for a price they're willing to pay, they'll buy it. Not everybody has a line graph of the Wakfu economy and item prices in their heads, and not everybody's going to know off-hand what to charge for an item they're trying to sell.

Game economies are a lot harder to track than real economies, as currency comes into existence and is removed from existence in huge, constantly fluctuating quantities. It will never, ever be as stable as you want it to be.

This post has been edited by HerpYourDerp - July 29, 2014, 11:00:51.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 29, 2014, 14:26:36 | #15

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 29 July 2014 10:08) *

This^

Also, anyone putting up 8 items at once is asking to have that item's value drop again and again. 27 pair's of boots to sell... good luck with that.

posté July 29, 2014, 14:29:50 | #16

Quote (imdarkturkey @ 29 July 2014 10:05) *
What is Wakfu Elements?

Click here

-Rizarealm 

posté July 29, 2014, 16:05:41 | #17
The problem is the prices are changing because of all these f2ps, and I don't think it's worth it.

Also, paying a quadrupled-priced item just feeds the overpricer, and you can't tell to me "Prices change, deal with it" because it's really your fault for this. Roku, I already discusses about price and worth on another thread, please take your time and reread it.

I just really wanted to speculate, but again, these new players make everything harder, and after I lost everything because of that inventory bug what I would like to do is rebuy my stuff, which is impossible with the prices right now.

I never said I sold Rampart pieces for the value of a Rampart ammy (50kk), I said I was angry that people overpriced and these overpricers were fed. So what, now I should sell a Rampart ammy for 1mk because "prices change?"

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 29, 2014, 16:20:17 | #18

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 29 July 2014 16:05) *
So what, now I should sell a Rampart ammy for 1mk because "prices change?"

If someone is willing to pay that, yes.

It's not hard to sell items. If an item up for sale sells fast, sell it for more next time. If it doesn't sell, sell it for less next time. Just because an item did or did not sell doesn't mean the price for it was or was not correct either. There are plenty of reasons why items are or are not selling.

F2P players are not the issue. More players either raise the demand for items or increase the supply. It's up to you to figure out an items true worth.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 29, 2014, 16:21:56.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-07-15
posté July 29, 2014, 16:32:11 | #19
If you already went over this in another thread, why did you make another?

What's more, what exactly do you expect to be done about it?

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté July 29, 2014, 16:33:22 | #20
Prices change all the time, make the most of it. Sell when the price is high, buy when the price is low.

Prices have fluctuated before the time of f2p, items that were 10k would shoot up or down for a day or two before more reasonable prices were offered - or so many were offered at once (trying to compete and get a quick sell as the item had tripled in price) the value went below what it was normally offered.

Not really sure why more players in a desolate mmo is a bad thing, give the market some time to settle.