Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

So hard to read NPC conversations and tutorials
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2013-02-11
posté July 30, 2014, 15:38:24 | #1
So hard to read NPC conversations and tutorials So, anywhere I go see these newbies that ask the following questions

-How to fish
-What should I make my class
-Where are the sewers
-Wtf is a market
-How do you gain citizenship points

Could anybody explain to me why they are not seeing tutorials? They should automatically pop up, right?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté July 30, 2014, 15:57:47 | #2
Click here

posté July 30, 2014, 16:01:48 | #3
Number 7 would make sense, everything is poorly written.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-07-15
posté July 30, 2014, 23:33:14 | #4
When I was starting, I do not recall seeing anything about how to fish, or anything about the entrance to the sewers. When practically everything on the map is marked with an icon, it seems a natural assumption to think that the sewer entrances would be marked as well.

Nor did I ever see any tutorials about how to fish, or where to find the market board. These questions were answered by my guild members.

The idea that somebody who's new to the game shouldn't ask questions because it might be written somewhere doesn't help them when they can't find it or simply missed it. In the end, it takes less time to simply answer their questions in the spirit of being helpful than to complain about their ignorance.

I'm well aware that it's grating to answer questions incessantly after a point when you're just trying to play the game, but nobody is forcing you to be the one who answers them. If you can't/don't want to answer a question, you can always ignore it or tell them you don't know, and they'll just move on to asking the next person or taking extra measures to find out themselves.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that noobs are ignorant, not stupid. They will eventually figure out things on their own, whether people are willing to help them or not.

This post has been edited by HerpYourDerp - July 30, 2014, 23:36:41.
posté July 30, 2014, 23:43:10 | #5

Quote (HerpYourDerp @ 30 July 2014 23:33) *
it takes less time to simply answer their questions in the spirit of being helpful than to complain about their ignorance.
Oh, please, I've seen people that couldn't even find the sewers when I told them where they were, and couldn't access their haven bag when I told them the hotkey to. I really hope this game will be restricted to age 13+, because I don't really feel like teaching ABC to every newbie I see.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-07-15
posté July 30, 2014, 23:46:51 | #6

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 30 July 2014 23:43) *

Quote (HerpYourDerp @ 30 July 2014 23:33) *
it takes less time to simply answer their questions in the spirit of being helpful than to complain about their ignorance.
Oh, please, I've seen people that couldn't even find the sewers when I told them where they were, and couldn't access their haven bag when I told them the hotkey to. I really hope this game will be restricted to age 13+, because I don't really feel like teaching ABC to every newbie I see.
That's fair enough. Some people are just that dense. I wouldn't want to put up with that either. So, I won't. If you don't feel like tutoring every newbie you see, then just stop doing it. Go play in a higher level area, or put them on your ignore list if they keep badgering you. They aren't your responsibility, and chances are if they're completely ignoring your answers, they'll ignore any in-game tutorials on the subjects as well.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté July 31, 2014, 00:00:08 | #7
"Where is (X obvious place)?"

"Have you opened your Map?"

"Not yet"

"Well then, first thing's first."

Pretty much sums up most of what I'm coming across. I wish there was an aggro mob you could release on people, for asking dumb questions.