Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

"Play for Free"?!
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-04-08
posté March 01, 2012, 01:20:42 | #1
"Play for Free"?! Question One.
Where is Play for Free ? WHERE!?

I only see DEMO very mini-demo...

Meybe can i level ~30 ... but you dont pay... ....

Ankama LIE!!!
When Ankama was/been US i can raport tribunal/judgment fo LIE ... and ...

This post has been edited by Nsuidara - March 01, 2012, 01:22:04.
Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté March 01, 2012, 01:25:41 | #2
Calm down. Everyone knew it's gonna be like this, and we all knew there will be p2p, noone EVER said that the game will be fully f2p.
And yes, it's suppose to be demo/trail.

Raport tribunal, lol... Don't be silly.
But if you want, you can raport Square Enix, they have their servers in US. Good luck.

This post has been edited by Rokugatsu - March 01, 2012, 01:26:24.
posté March 01, 2012, 01:29:44 | #3
Another kid crying he can't afford a game. Get a job.

posté March 01, 2012, 02:03:38 | #4
The game was announced to be Pay to Play from the very beginning. It was speculated that it would have limits for free players as part of the ability to test the game.
The price is pretty cheap compared to other subscription based titles, if you're looking for a fully free to play MMO then Wakfu is not for you.

posté March 01, 2012, 02:03:46 | #5

Quote (Suslik @ 01 March 2012 01:29) *
cant ? where i say ? meybe you kid...
Wakfu is very boring and big grind game... so i dont pay...
I can buy... but i wait -> Guild Wars 2 is better game...

Problem is website... where can read/is write "PLAY FOR FREE" is is LIE LIE...
Wakfu isnt PLAY FOR FREE ... so stop LIE!

next argument ... this is stupid...

Click here

This post has been edited by Nsuidara - March 01, 2012, 02:05:18.
posté March 01, 2012, 02:05:20 | #6

Quote (Nsuidara @ 01 March 2012 02:03) *
Problem is website... where can read/is write "PLAY FOR FREE" is is LIE LIE...
Wakfu isnt PLAY FOR FREE ... so stop LIE!
But you can play for free. It's just very limited if you play as a free user.

posté March 01, 2012, 05:31:29 | #7
I'll have to agree with the OP here. Yes, the trial is free, but did they ever mention the word trial in all their announcements? In the podcast, in the site, in the description. It all says "free to play!", it all acts as if it was really playable to be on F2p mode. They are not lying, but they are deceiving players who go and think its actually "playable" as free when its not. They go and expect a free game, instead, they get a trial, which is never mentioned. They should really change the way they do this, they could say something like "infinite trial" or something, but no, they know this way it will attract more players, however if those players aren't really wanting to test the game but play for free, then it will just serve the same purpose as the OP's case, it will disappoint players.

Those marketing decisions of telling half the truth to try to get more customers than they would by telling the full truth right away are everywhere, they are annoying. (Example, a paper or a ad with a seemingly impressive thing for you, then they have those tiny letters on the bottom telling the bad side of it, and so on, its not lying, its making the full truth less accessible to give more attention to the good sides)

This post has been edited by Yechnagoth - March 01, 2012, 05:37:28.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2010-02-14
posté March 01, 2012, 07:30:42 | #8
Never mentioned?
It was/is all over the place that the game uses p2p system with a limited f2p access to the game.
One with a little of brain would either use search button or create his own topic asking about the issue.

Dunno if people are really careless, but for me I don't jump straight into the game when I see PLAY FOR FREE. First I look around the website, then forums, THEN I decide to play.
If one has time to post a meaningless topic why it's p2p not f2p, he then should have the time to scroll the forums before he asks the question. Maybe the answer is right next to him? D:

No game is for free, and f2p system with cash shop makes the games way unbalanced anyway.

_/.

This post has been edited by Azurayin - March 01, 2012, 07:31:31.
posté March 01, 2012, 07:46:13 | #9

Quote (Azurayin @ 01 March 2012 07:30) *
Never mentioned?
It was/is all over the place that the game uses p2p system with a limited f2p access to the game.
One with a little of brain would either use search button or create his own topic asking about the issue.

Dunno if people are really careless, but for me I don't jump straight into the game when I see PLAY FOR FREE. First I look around the website, then forums, THEN I decide to play.
If one has time to post a meaningless topic why it's p2p not f2p, he then should have the time to scroll the forums before he asks the question. Maybe the answer is right next to him? D:

No game is for free, and f2p system with cash shop makes the games way unbalanced anyway.

_/.
If you read again, you will see I said the word "trial" is never mentioned. If you have seen it somewhere, please show me, because I have not seen it. And as I said, it is not lying, it is telling the truth in a way to attract more players, to make it easy for them to be deceived, its hiding how it actually works, so that you can know it, but its not obvious as it should be.

I don't either, and this never happened to me, however, it does happen and it is annoying to see companies doing this.

This post has been edited by Yechnagoth - March 01, 2012, 07:46:37.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2010-02-14
posté March 01, 2012, 08:04:23 | #10

Quote (Yechnagoth @ 01 March 2012 07:46) *

Quote (Azurayin @ 01 March 2012 07:30) *
Never mentioned?

_/.
If you read again, you will see I said the word "trial" is never mentioned. If you have seen it somewhere, please show me, because I have not seen it. And as I said, it is not lying, it is telling the truth in a way to attract more players, to make it easy for them to be deceived, its hiding how it actually works, so that you can know it, but its not obvious as it should be.

I don't either, and this never happened to me, however, it does happen and it is annoying to see companies doing this.

Trial, imho is a term used to describe a product which is available for a certain ammount of time.
Has Wakfu a Trial option? Not really. You can log into the Free zone for as long as you want.
So using the Trial word is missleading from the very beginning.

I understand that if there is a newcomer who never ever heared about the game, never ever read the forums or checked vids/reviews, I could, in the end, agree that the game does not precisely state (on black & white) that it's P2P with limited F2P content.

But there's my point. What amazes me are people who don't read at all.
I can't understand how one can just ignore the website, forums and all the information that's gathered there before he/she decides to play. It's their own fault for being silly and careless, and then asking quite annoying questions.

Even if someone is here since 1 month or even 1 week, and he's interested in the game, that's enough time to check the websites content and read interesting topics related to the game, and most of all, read FAQ.

Or not?

_/.

This post has been edited by Azurayin - March 01, 2012, 08:05:38.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-05-19
posté March 01, 2012, 08:07:20 | #11
It kinda hurts to see him post.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-05-07
posté March 01, 2012, 08:21:51 | #12
Ugh. If you don't like it, then don't play it. Just get out. XD

posté March 01, 2012, 08:35:35 | #13

Quote (Azurayin @ 01 March 2012 08:04) *

Trial, imho is a term used to describe a product which is available for a certain ammount of time.
Has Wakfu a Trial option? Not really. You can log into the Free zone for as long as you want.
So using the Trial word is missleading from the very beginning.

I understand that if there is a newcomer who never ever heared about the game, never ever read the forums or checked vids/reviews, I could, in the end, agree that the game does not precisely state (on black & white) that it's P2P with limited F2P content.

But there's my point. What amazes me are people who don't read at all.
I can't understand how one can just ignore the website, forums and all the information that's gathered there before he/she decides to play. It's their own fault for being silly and careless, and then asking quite annoying questions.

Even if someone is here since 1 month or even 1 week, and he's interested in the game, that's enough time to check the websites content and read interesting topics related to the game, and most of all, read FAQ.

Or not?

_/.

Yeah, you got a point there. And yeah, my mistake, I misunderstood the meaning of trial, just looked the definition up, guess it would be appropriate to switch it for demo (which, in any case, is not mentioned either). Though what annoys me in this is not the side being deceived (which indeed should have read things better), but the side doing something for this to happen, they could simply make it clear at the download page or the announcements.

Quote (NeoSonata @ 01 March 2012 08:21) *

Such an amazing argument. Ok, if someone comes steal your house, and you don't like it, just get out! Works all the time, solves all problems!

This post has been edited by Yechnagoth - March 01, 2012, 08:47:38.
posté March 01, 2012, 08:51:17 | #14

Quote (NeoSonata @ 01 March 2012 08:21) *
Make this guy president he knows how things go down.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté March 01, 2012, 09:19:28 | #15

Quote (Nsuidara @ 01 March 2012 01:20) *
Question One.
Where is Play for Free ? WHERE!?

I only see DEMO very mini-demo...

Meybe can i level ~30 ... but you dont pay... ....

Ankama LIE!!!
When Ankama was/been US i can raport tribunal/judgment fo LIE ... and ...

Hm... using the Wayback Machine (at archive.org), I found a very early version of the Wakfu FAQ, all the way from December 2007. (I can't really link to it, because the forum software messes up the Wayback Machine's links, but hit archive.org and put game.wakfu.com/en/faq/ into the search box)

Anyway, the FAQ's last question is:

WILL I HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY?
Just like DOFUS, Wakfu will have a free-to-play area, quite representative of the content of the game. The paying mode will include a subscription system and the sales of virtual items.

So for more than four years it's been known that Wakfu was going to be subscription-based with a free-to-play area. And here you wander up, and go "I saw the word 'free' without reading any of the words around it, and assumed that it meant the entire game would be entirely completely 100% free forever and ever! And since my assumption couldn't possibly be wrong, Ankama must have lied!"

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2009-12-11
posté March 01, 2012, 09:36:51 | #16

Quote (Suslik @ 01 March 2012 01:29) *

The depressing thing here is that you cant even pay, even if you wanted to.

Cant pay with credit cards
no paypal option
no sms option
nothing really, oh wait, i have the my card option! Which you cant even purchase in my country! wooohooo.

posté March 01, 2012, 09:45:37 | #17
Umm, but you could pay with credit card and paypal before 27 of feb. And now you can also pay with sms.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2009-12-11
posté March 01, 2012, 09:51:58 | #18

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 01 March 2012 09:45) *
Umm, but you could pay with credit card and paypal before 27 of feb. And now you can also pay with sms.

thats the strange thing mate, i had the credit card option, before the 27th, however it kept telling me it was unavailable at that time. Fine, so ill wait until the game launches. and tada! the credit card option is gone. P.S. paypal was never available to me, as is SMS.

posté March 01, 2012, 10:15:44 | #19
Really? Maybe it depends of the country that you live in, I don't know.

posté March 01, 2012, 14:33:02 | #20
Please read more :

WILL I HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY?
Just like DOFUS, Wakfu will have a free-to-play area, quite representative of the content of the game. The paying mode will include a subscription system and the sales of virtual items.
Dont exsist !!!!

sure sure... pay for game... pay for ogrinis.... and buy items...
Click here

D&DO - Dungeons & Dragons Online is too F2P ... you must buy adventure pack... but F2P is F2P and is good... but Wakfu dont have F2P only trial/demo ...