Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

"Play for Free"?!
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-05-30
posté November 23, 2012, 03:55:57 | #41
1. Just make the game f2p and p2w.
2. More profit.
3. Nobody would nag about making it f2p.
4. Everyone will nag about p2w.
5. Still . . . more profit.
6. I'm an Ugly Gobball.

This post has been edited by Mikutza - November 23, 2012, 03:56:33.
Reason for edit : 6.
Short Strich * Member Since 2011-02-12
posté November 23, 2012, 07:34:34 | #42

Quote (Nsuidara @ 01 March 2012 14:33) *
Please read more :

WILL I HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY?
Just like DOFUS, Wakfu will have a free-to-play area, quite representative of the content of the game. The paying mode will include a subscription system and the sales of virtual items.
Dont exsist !!!!

sure sure... pay for game... pay for ogrinis.... and buy items...
Click here

D&DO - Dungeons & Dragons Online is too F2P ... you must buy adventure pack... but F2P is F2P and is good... but Wakfu dont have F2P only trial/demo ...
no 1 tell you to play wakfu
change game
it's easy solution
if you read the terms, you can see what you agreement when you subscribed your account
stop cry

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-07-26
posté November 23, 2012, 10:37:14 | #43
For Eni's sake i'll buy you a subscription if you stop yelling and pounding the floor with your fists like a 9 year old who didn't get any candy from mommy.

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté November 23, 2012, 10:54:00 | #44
Seriously, some people act like they was born today and don't know how the world works. They see "F2P" and think that the game will be absolutely free and they will have an access to everything. Wake up, people.
And if you don't like Wakfu being mostly P2P, just don't play it, it's as simple as that. It's not like you can't live without this or any other game, it's just for fun, it's not necessary to live. I would feel stupid to come on the forums and complain that I have to pay for the game

For Eni's sake
Lol, I like that

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-02
posté November 23, 2012, 15:31:59 | #45

Please read more :

Just like DOFUS, Wakfu will have a free-to-play area, quite representative of the content of the game. The paying mode will include a subscription system and the sales of virtual items.
Dont exsist !!!!

Click here

D&DO - Dungeons & Dragons Online is too F2P ... you must buy adventure pack... but F2P is F2P and is good... but Wakfu dont have F2P only trial/demo ...
dude this is one of the cheapest mmos out there.. lol, so stop criyng about it to me you seem liek some little kid who just can't affort it or his/her parents don't give money for a game. just stop raging on forums. so what? yea its pay to play mostly with a little trial but come on.. there many mmos where its writen: free to play and then its not free 100% but hey.. f2p games are the worst they have such item mall system that its basically pay to win. u get it? i rather play a game i pay 10$ for a month or even 6$ and don't have too mutch pay to win shit while u got on ur f2p games ab unch of people paying 1000$ on stuff just to pwn ur ass in 1 hit. ive played many many mmorps.. im back back in the games like endles online etc.. games u probably never heard of. and ik that these new f2p games are all junk. so get over the fact that u gota pay to play this game..chill out take a deep breath and go buy guild wars 2 if u said u like it more. there its done

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2006-11-11
posté November 23, 2012, 16:14:57 | #46

Quote (kilerama22 @ 23 November 2012 15:31) *

Please read more :

Dont exsist !!!!

Click here

dude this is one of the cheapest mmos out there.. lol, so stop criyng about it to me you seem liek some little kid who just can't affort it or his/her parents don't give money for a game. just stop raging on forums. so what? yea its pay to play mostly with a little trial but come on.. there many mmos where its writen: free to play and then its not free 100% but hey.. f2p games are the worst they have such item mall system that its basically pay to win. u get it? i rather play a game i pay 10$ for a month or even 6$ and don't have too mutch pay to win shit while u got on ur f2p games ab unch of people paying 1000$ on stuff just to pwn ur ass in 1 hit. ive played many many mmorps.. im back back in the games like endles online etc.. games u probably never heard of. and ik that these new f2p games are all junk. so get over the fact that u gota pay to play this game..chill out take a deep breath and go buy guild wars 2 if u said u like it more. there its done
+1

posté December 03, 2012, 23:22:40 | #47
F2P - League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online, Planetside 2 to name a few.

F2P Pitifully Small Trial but advertised as otherwise - Wakfu

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté December 04, 2012, 01:17:12 | #48
Thing is that we have big orange button with text "Play for free" where in fact wakfu is p2p with f2p trial. This was made to attract players who may decide to pay for this game if they like it, however it makes those who have played other f2p games dissapointed as they have tested only small part of the game for free. People seeing f2p propably expect the common p2w game where they might catch up to players with money after few years of playing.

I belive Ankama should change the button to "Try for free" to make it more accurate. Still it's p2p game so get used to it or play something else.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-05-19
posté December 04, 2012, 08:18:36 | #49
Technically it's Free to Play.

But why is this topic still around?

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté December 04, 2012, 08:40:40 | #50

Quote (SistinaChan @ 04 December 2012 08:18) *
Technically it's Free to Play.

But why is this topic still around?
Free to Play - (Limited edition)

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2005-10-30
posté December 04, 2012, 12:01:20 | #51
It's a marketing tool people, grow up.

Even WoW has the "play for free" button but it's either a 10-day trial or you're capped at lvl 20.

You didn't pay a single cent anyway so stop acting like you were just robbed

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-05-19
posté December 06, 2012, 07:48:22 | #52

Quote (SilentRevenge @ 04 December 2012 12:01) *
It's a marketing tool people, grow up.
Thank you.
This saves me a lot of time.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté December 07, 2012, 13:53:48 | #53

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 23 November 2012 10:54) *
Seriously, some people act like they was born today and don't know how the world works. They see "F2P" and think that the game will be absolutely free and they will have an access to everything. Wake up, people.
And if you don't like Wakfu being mostly P2P, just don't play it, it's as simple as that. It's not like you can't live without this or any other game, it's just for fun, it's not necessary to live. I would feel stupid to come on the forums and complain that I have to pay for the game

For Eni's sake
Lol, I like that

Uhm, in most games f2p actually means just that. There also usually are p2w aspects then, but nontheless the game's content is accesible for free.

What Wakfu has is a free trial and they should label it as such. Anything else is not a marketing tool, but called false advertising. Ankama has quite a history of doing that and then acting all innocent.

posté December 07, 2012, 14:57:05 | #54

Quote (Mikutza @ 23 November 2012 03:55) *
1. Just make the game f2p and p2w.
2. More profit.
3. Nobody would nag about making it f2p.
4. Everyone will nag about p2w.
5. Still . . . more profit.
6. I'm an Ugly Gobball.
no profit at all or else u ruin the game by putting in pay to win stuff, the company makes alot more money with p2p + it prevents little kids from playing and annoying the shit out of people like me (: umad bro? just accept the fact people that it wont be f2p same as dofus they cryed for 1 year and then they finally gave up ffs.

it has a trial witch is also made on the purpose so u test the game till lvl 10 and then buy it/aka the subscription ofc. im geting sick of people like u. don't have money? go work for it like most of us do. besides 12$ for 2 months? come on man -.-its worch it

tera has trial
wow has trial
guild wars will have trial
and all other famous mmos that are quiet good got trials, it says f2p because a trial is f2p. but they never mentioned that the entire game is f2p

after all u don't pay for the trial. u play it free. now shut the hell up already with this. can a admin please close this topic?

This post has been edited by kilerama22 - December 07, 2012, 14:59:50.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2008-07-11
posté December 07, 2012, 14:59:32 | #55
I'm on the fence on this. In some ways, I think players sometimes delude themselves with what f2p actually means. But in a way this has become such a 'trigger word' in gaming culture, that of course everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

However, speaking of Wakfu in general:

Yes, they should NOT Label this as f2p.

If they'd have made the whole world accessible but restricted crafting/harvesting to like 20/30 and still made trading etc inaccessible. Well then maybe I could accept the f2p label. But as it stands now, this is a very contained, very restricted trial. Because there is no 'endgame' you can strive towards, because there is no content to fill up to max level. Because there are no alternatives to grinding (no harvesting/crafting)

posté December 07, 2012, 15:01:42 | #56

Quote (TroubleAqua @ 07 December 2012 14:59) *
I'm on the fence on this. In some ways, I think players sometimes delude themselves with what f2p actually means. But in a way this has become such a 'trigger word' in gaming culture, that of course everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

However, speaking of Wakfu in general:

Yes, they should NOT Label this as f2p.

If they'd have made the whole world accessible but restricted crafting/harvesting to like 20/30 and still made trading etc inaccessible. Well then maybe I could accept the f2p label. But as it stands now, this is a very contained, very restricted trial. Because there is no 'endgame' you can strive towards, because there is no content to fill up to max level. Because there are no alternatives to grinding (no harvesting/crafting)
basically u got harvesting in trial witch is icarnam iron ore etc. u also got lvling till around 10
u also got dungeon witch is lavra dungeon lets also not forget. u also got a bit of explore and u learn the basics of fights in wakfu so how is the trial not fine?

im agaisnt the f2p idea sry.

now i repeat a admin of the forum please close this topic as its anyway old

This post has been edited by kilerama22 - December 07, 2012, 15:02:27.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2008-07-11
posté December 07, 2012, 15:15:35 | #57

Quote (kilerama22 @ 07 December 2012 15:01) *
basically u got harvesting in trial witch is icarnam iron ore etc. u also got lvling till around 10
u also got dungeon witch is lavra dungeon lets also not forget. u also got a bit of explore and u learn the basics of fights in wakfu so how is the trial not fine?

im agaisnt the f2p idea sry.

now i repeat a admin of the forum please close this topic as its anyway old

Err... I'm sorry, but I do not want this topic closed. Why are you asking for a close? This is not an old topic, because this is still current and on topic. There should be a healthy discussion about it.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté December 07, 2012, 15:45:48 | #58
I don't think either TroubleaAua nor me are saying we want actual f2p. I mean I am a subscriber anyway.

I am just asking for a fair and proper label of what the game actually offers to people that have no subscription yet and that is a trial, not f2p.

Also, the p2w idea is obviously completely horrible. One of the reasons I left Wakfu back then was that they put in p2w stuff nontheless, despite making a clear promise never to do so and to this very day denying they ever did. (The rest of Ankamas faulty development policy has become a lot better though so that is why I am giving Wakfu another try ^^)

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-04-05
posté December 08, 2012, 09:57:31 | #59
Aww, I want this game to be p2p / p2w at the same time
Cash items that give like a 6ap bonus and mounts that give a 40mp bonus. Or at least a pet that gives a + 500% dmg bonus / 100% CF idk... just throwing out ideas here.

Anyways, ppl started this topic mainly bcz false advertising I believe and they want the "Free to play" label changed, which they have haven't they? o.o

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2005-10-30
posté December 10, 2012, 10:05:01 | #60
On the website it says "Play for free with no time restriction".

Nowhere does it specify that you would have access to every bit of content available. Thus, it's not false advertising.

If you assumed it meant the entire game is free, it's just that - YOUR assumption. Not a promise that Ankama made and didn't keep.