Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

IP Lock Please!
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-02
posté March 25, 2012, 22:25:41 | #1
IP Lock Please! As you might know there a LOT of people in the game with more than 2 accounts... Ankama is the only game company that makes multi accounting legal but this is ridiculous. People with 3 or 4 accounts already destroys any possibility of grouping, this is a MMO game for christ sake!

MMO massive multiplayer online, you dont play alone with a group made of you accounts, you play with other people. Its just retarded that people can even use that as a pvp advantage or political boost.

PLEASE ANKAMA! I beg you, implement IP Lock in politics and pvp in this game! Force ppl to play with others and blow up that unfair advantage in pvp and votes.

posté March 25, 2012, 22:28:22 | #2
Only, you say? I beg to differ.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté March 25, 2012, 22:30:18 | #3
Almost any MMO will allow players to have multiple accounts for example multi-boxing, there's nothing wrong with it some people enjoy that kind of challenge and if they want to pay for multiple accounts let them  

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté March 25, 2012, 22:59:17 | #4

Quote (Trilogy22 @ 25 March 2012 22:30) *
Almost any MMO will allow players to have multiple accounts for example multi-boxing, there's nothing wrong with it some people enjoy that kind of challenge and if they want to pay for multiple accounts let them
Check Dofus and you will see is there nothing wrong with multi accounting. That game is dying because of it.
Anyway Ankama will never implament IP block. More accounts = more money. Even if developers realize, that this might destroy Wakfu (as it did with Dofus) - the people in charge don't care, they just want more money.

This post has been edited by krowakot - March 25, 2012, 23:00:04.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-09
posté March 26, 2012, 00:09:28 | #5
And considering how I'm playing with my brother as well and we have the same IP, I guess we should start taking turn playing then?

I like how it is possible to multi-account of every freaking game and this is the first game I see people complaining.

Their money
Their account
Suddenly, your problem.
What?
It's like... someone bought a box of donut and a box of cookie while you only bought a box of cookie from the same store.
You then complained and demanded that the box of donut be removed because it wasn't fair that you only paid for a box of cookie when they paid for both.
Lolwat?

Nyeheh~

This post has been edited by Zeitzbach - March 26, 2012, 00:20:12.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-03-23
posté March 26, 2012, 00:25:50 | #6
IP lock won't solve anything, those who want to run more than one account will find a way around it and families with more than 1 player in them are screwed. Terrible idea really

posté March 26, 2012, 00:29:42 | #7

Quote (Firion-Corodix @ 26 March 2012 00:25) *
IP lock won't solve anything, those who want to run more than one account will find a way around it and families with more than 1 player in them are screwed. Terrible idea really
+1
These days you can find proxy at any corner, and IP lock becomes worthless. The only ones that will "suffer" from this are those that dont actually want to abuse multi accounts.

This post has been edited by BJSV - March 26, 2012, 00:30:31.
Short Strich * Member Since 2006-12-27
posté March 26, 2012, 00:50:30 | #8
Hello everyone!

First I want say this out loud: "They will never add IP lock in the game because the player base is so little as it is, they just want to make money and this game will die within a year at this rate" (At least I know what I'll start to play at 15.5. as my 3 month sub ends at 28.5 DD)

There are few good points to think and talk about, maybe they'll read this and consider it.

Almost (let's say 70%) everyone in this game is playing with multiple accounts. Why? Because you don't need to look for a group and share the loot etc. with other ppl. What this creates is a economical mess meaning that the one player with 6 accounts for example can just farm whole day long some dungeon and get all the loot he needs and then sell / oversell them. By overselling I mean that when 100 ppl with 6 accounts are running a dungeon, the loot will lose it's value making all the rarest loot cost like 10 000 kamas and the other stuff 1 kamas each.

Also multiaccounting will make everyones (who isn't running more than 1 account) harder. As a part of the game community is just solo playing this game which requires ppl to group up. The amount of people looking for group is reduced since you don't need a group when you can "be" the group. This causes ppl to lose interest in the game as well as makes new players feel unwelcome and outcasts. This leads to the point where they don't want to subscribe = ankama loses money. When the income in ankamas end is not that good, they can't afford to ban multiaccounting. So it's just a big circle of not getting money and not willing to make sacrifices to ensure the future of this game.

Multiaccounting is not banned in another games, but I see a clear reason for that. You can't solo a dungeon in WoW for example alone with 5 characters. Only thing multiboxing is useful there is to faceroll pvp. With this game you can and you will, case closed.

I recall someone saying that they are playing this game with his/hers brother? Correct me if I'm not right but as long as you play on a different computer you should have a different IP address.

All that being said, I'm not against multiaccounting as I hate to take newcomers and other (most propably retarded) ppl in my group plus the player base isn't all that big so it takes some time to gather a group. (tho' could easily be taken care of with "dungeon finder" option where you just put your character to attend and it shows to other players that you want to run that dungeon). So it's nice to log on 4 accounts and start exping or whatever.

What I'd like to see done is something like "2 accounts from same ip max" This makes people still group up, but problems with solo players farming dungeons and raping the price of everything. As my information with the IP address isn't 100%, it would also resolve the problem with 2 ppl playing with the same connection. I don't think that there is too many houses with 3 kids playing this game all at once.

In the end I'd like to say that I've come a long way with Dofus ever since 2006 and the thing that always bothered me and made me not to play it, is the fact that I couldn't group as a solo player. All my mates at higher level had 3+ accounts at least and I was never welcome to the group as the level cap didn't allow me to and I they didn't need me. As this multiaccounting might bring them little bit more money at this point, it also ruins Wakfu / Dofus of never becoming a great international game with a huge player base.

This is online game, players want to play with other people. Don't take it away from us.

Yours Direct

posté March 26, 2012, 03:20:00 | #9
1 pc (ip) = max 2 accounts
1 pc (ip) = only 1 account per pvp fight
1 pc (ip) = only 1 vote.

Thats all what i ask.
-A guy playing with 4 accs doesn tneed of other ppl to play, then why play a multiplayer online game?
-A guy with 4 accs can coordinate as he wants with the chars he owns, no need for coordination with other people, that means that in pvp, he will have a clear advantage.
-A guy with 4 accs can make a group for dungeons or drop and have everything for himself, i believe is not fair in a group of 6 that 4 belong to one person, that means more chances for drop to one of his chars.
-A guy with 4 accs can multiply the number of votes to cheat and make somebody be governor (already happened... twice...).

I know that playing more than 1 account requires a nice pc, some technique to alttab and play everything, money to pay... But if u think that somebody with a nice pc, free time and money to pay for it can have it; then there u go, u got ur premium difference from a normal guy that plays 1 account.

Most games give players the option to buy op stuff from a premium shop. Ankama doesnt have that, instead he let you have a ridiculous number of accounts per person.
I dont know you guys but watching people play all by themselves, steal drop and fight all alone... I honestly prefer the premium shop thing...

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté March 26, 2012, 03:45:19 | #10
See, the funny thing is that the game's economy is already in tatters, and it's not actually the fault of multi-accounters.

There are dozens of high level players running the same dungeons over and over in order to reach the level cap right now, that the only things that are worth more than 1k are the things you can get from the highest level dungeons (and that won't last long, either, since there are still so many high-levelled players).

There are people out there soloing with one account and a high level cra or feca (or whatever other class has plenty of abusable bugs/move combinations-- there are multiple) that are doing far more damage than the people alt+tabbing between two screens.

posté March 26, 2012, 03:55:05 | #11
Crazy concept, I know, but some people on MMOs don't necessarily want to play with a handful of other people.
There are enough people out there who do that finding those people shouldn't be that big of a deal if that's what you want. If someone's paying for x number of accounts, it's no one's concern but that person and Ankama, as long as they aren't breaking any rules by doing so.

(And if they can manage to run a one-man party, more power to them. It's tedious enough controlling two characters to initiate a trade...)

posté March 26, 2012, 04:21:13 | #12
I'll agree that multiboxing is only a problem if a significant portion of the players does it (More specifically: a significant portion of accounts are involved in it), and that can only happen when the game itself does not facilitate proper teaming well.
Forbidding it explicitly - as opposed to, say, making controls impossible to operate by a single player - simply never works. IP locks, for example, can be circumvented by a simple proxy (Takes 5 minutes to set up) and harm players without an external IP (Meaning a whole city block uses the same IP) or with more than one player in a household.

Simply put, if a player wants to play alone, he will, and he probably won't bother others too much. Making him want to play with others is good, and it's what the developer (Any developer, really) should be doing. Making him unable to play alone is an enormous dick move.

posté March 26, 2012, 04:44:17 | #13
Can't they make it only 1 wakfu client launchable ?

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté March 26, 2012, 09:38:47 | #14
I will say it again: It is Ankamas retarded payment system and their mix up of out of game and in game currencies that causes problems and makes this in many ways a p2w game. Multiaccounting in itself is not a problem at all. It is the same as if a group of friends was playing. You as an outsider cannot notice any difference between that and I am sure you don't want to forbid group play entirely...because that would be silly in an MMO.

As many have stated before IP locks won't solve anything because people able to multibox also know how to use a proxy, but the family playing on the weekends doesn't and gets screwed.

Also, IP=PC lol....

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - March 26, 2012, 09:41:45.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté March 26, 2012, 13:17:21 | #15

Quote (Grichmann @ 26 March 2012 04:21) *
I'll agree that multiboxing is only a problem if a significant portion of the players does it (More specifically: a significant portion of accounts are involved in it), and that can only happen when the game itself does not facilitate proper teaming well.
You're very optimistic. In Dofus, the whole 'multiaccounting" thingy started very innocently. Some rich guy decided to play on 8 accounts. Someone made alt-Eniripsa. Everyone (including me) thought "if they want to multi-acc, let them, I don't care."
What they didn't know, is that multiaccounting is self-propelling unstoppable machine. Every week more and more players started to multiacc, because they noticed this is "the best way to be the best".
Now, few years later, Dofus became game for multiaccounters only. You won't accomplish anything past early-mid game without multi-accounting or asking multiaccounters for help. Finding 8 real players for high level dungeons is like a miracle.
You can even notice this at Dofus forums. Few years ago there were topics "Should I play Sadida or Feca". And now "I have these 7 alts: XXX, who should i choose for my 8th alt - Sadida or Feca?"

At least now, with my experience from Dofus, I know, that I won't waste any time and money on Wakfu, when multi-accounting will become too popular.

This post has been edited by krowakot - March 26, 2012, 13:22:18.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-03-23
posté March 26, 2012, 13:36:06 | #16

Quote (adieets @ 26 March 2012 04:44) *
Can't they make it only 1 wakfu client launchable ?

You could get around that by using virtual machines if I'm not mistaken, so that wouldn't stop those who really want to use multiple accounts and know how to do it.

posté March 26, 2012, 20:19:02 | #17

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 26 March 2012 09:38) *
Also, IP=PC lol....

1 pc means it has 1 connection, that means 1 ip... u dont have 2 ips in one pc... My point was to make somebody force it to play with more than 1 pc at the same time if he wanted to multiacc...

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté March 27, 2012, 01:02:53 | #18

Quote (darknecrosss @ 26 March 2012 20:19) *

Also, IP=PC lol....

1 pc means it has 1 connection, that means 1 ip... u dont have 2 ips in one pc... My point was to make somebody force it to play with more than 1 pc at the same time if he wanted to multiacc...

...You know, it'd probably be much easier to multi-account using multiple computers rather than constantly alt+tabbing. Having separate screens and keyboards for each instance of Wakfu running would make it much easier to remember which window belongs to who.

I'm going to have to set up my laptop and give that a go, now. Thanks for the idea!

posté March 27, 2012, 01:21:53 | #19

Quote (Sixar @ 27 March 2012 01:02) *

Quote (darknecrosss @ 26 March 2012 20:19) *

Also, IP=PC lol....

...You know, it'd probably be much easier to multi-account using multiple computers rather than constantly alt+tabbing. Having separate screens and keyboards for each instance of Wakfu running would make it much easier to remember which window belongs to who.

I'm going to have to set up my laptop and give that a go, now. Thanks for the idea!
u do realise some ppl play with 2 or 3 screens i play with 3 screens and use 2 of them for wakfu my 3rd screen i use for firefox,music and etc. and afaik u can play wakfu on 1screen even just make it split screen like multiplayer games on a ps3 just make them take each half of ur screen and tadaaa no need to alt tab... if ur pc cant handle that i suggest replacing that wooden age pc and get a new 1

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté March 27, 2012, 01:59:55 | #20
I Have 3 Accounts for Wakfu and i play with 2 accounts to a Group. the Group member have no Problem with my 2 accounts.

1 ip = 1 Vote for Gouv = Good idea

Sorry for my bad english i comming from Germany

This post has been edited by Bocheii - March 27, 2012, 02:00:56.