Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Ultimate Bosses abuse - Sanctions
Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté November 07, 2012, 16:31:44 | #1
Ultimate Bosses abuse - Sanctions Greetings,

Since yesterday, actions have been taken against those who abused the Ultimate Bosses bug, allowing players to bypass the one week limitation (see the topic).

We decided to sanction players who performed more than 2 fights against a same Ultimate Boss.

On Remington, this concerns a total of 20 characters, the owners of which have now been suspended for 7 days.

Additionally, the inventories and Haven-Bags of these characters will be wiped clean of all items and kamas (besides Boutique items).

We hope this action will help convince all of you that we take cheating very seriously and will not tolerate further abuses.

We want to thank all the players who didn’t abuse this bug, and helped us limit the impact it could have had on the game, by warning their friends or informing us about its very existence.

The WAKFU Team

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-11-24
posté November 07, 2012, 17:19:15 | #2
WoW itens too outch :X well on the other hand they shouldn't had run the UB's so many times...

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-03-03
posté November 07, 2012, 18:34:51 | #3
We hope this action will help convince all of you that we take cheating very seriously and will not tolerate further abuses.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL are you serious ???????? i did excharnus 6 times cause you created a bug,after i saw the post on forums i stopped to do it ..... so why don't you convice all of you to do a patch without any bugs ?????????

why you thinck that cleaning all the items and kamas that 1 man farmed for 1 year is a good solotion for a bug created buy your staff?

BTW doing excharnus 6 times is not like to be a god on this game so really i don't understand your creazy punishment.........

there were too many people bug abusing like duplicate items and you did nothing to them ... you are really the breavers thxs ankama staff.

waiting for next patch to see what your great job can create and sometimes try to put a gm on game like all the morp game usually do

and i really thinck some part of the problem created was made from your staff

thxs all hf

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté November 07, 2012, 18:37:09 | #4

Quote (brutal-agony @ 07 November 2012 18:34) *

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL are you serious ???????? i did excharnus 6 times cause you created a bug,after i saw the post on forums i stopped to do it ..... so why don't you convice all of you to do a patch without any bugs ?????????

why you thinck that cleaning all the items and kamas that 1 man farmed for 1 year is a good solotion for a bug created buy your staff?

BTW doing excharnus 6 times is not like to be a god on this game so really i don't understand your creazy punishment.........

there were too many people bug abusing like duplicate items and you did nothing to them ... you are really the breavers thxs ankama staff.

waiting for next patch to see what your great job can create and sometimes try to put a gm on game like all the morp game usually do

and i really thinck some part of the problem created was made from your staff

thxs all hf
QQ moar?

posté November 07, 2012, 18:37:33 | #5
AND ANOTHER THNG WHY THE PUNISHMENT YOU DID IS THE SAME FOR ALL THE PEOPLE????

SO YOU CONVINCE ME TO DO IT LIKE 30 TIMES NEXT TIME NOT 6

QQ MORE LOL SPAZZATURA TARTARUGA xd xd seems you really understud all

This post has been edited by brutal-agony - November 07, 2012, 18:39:24.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-06-03
posté November 07, 2012, 18:43:30 | #6
no offense but, if you really thought no punishments was coming your way after abusing UB 6 times, then you need to think again.

If everyone did the same thing, everyone on the server would have a UB set and ankama might as well just give us all an admin set each.

posté November 07, 2012, 18:45:28 | #7
a punishment is good delet what you do in 1 year is too mutch

and i'm not an hacker if i could the ub was theyr staff foult and not all the people can do the ub btw

AND I DIDN'T POST IT TO KNOW waht you all thinck but for an admin aswer

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté November 07, 2012, 18:52:16 | #8
"the inventories and Haven-Bags of these characters will be whipped clean of all items and kamas"

T
hat isn't a punishment COMPARABLE to the crime!!! If one of them have done Excarnus or Milkar 10-15 times it's ok... but Clean all the items and Kamas for six time is too much, mostly because your staff created the bug, the post "Using this bug is considered as a bug abuse and will lead to sanctions." appeared so late on the forum.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté November 07, 2012, 18:54:02 | #9

Quote (brutal-agony @ 07 November 2012 18:45) *
a punishment is good delet what you do in 1 year is too mutch

and i'm not an hacker if i could the ub was theyr staff foult and not all the people can do the ub btw

AND I DIDN'T POST IT TO KNOW waht you all thinck but for an admin aswer
You willingly abused a bug and exploited the game in violation of section 5.7 of the Terms of Service.

Quote (Sedo1990 @ 07 November 2012 18:52) *
"the inventories and Haven-Bags of these characters will be whipped clean of all items and kamas"

T
hat isn't a punishment COMPARABLE to the crime!!! If one of them have done Excarnus or Milkar 10-15 times it's ok... but Clean all the items and Kamas for six time is too much, mostly because your staff created the bug, the post "Using this bug is considered as a bug abuse and will lead to sanctions." appeared so late on the forum.
They knew that you are only ment to be able to fight UB once per week, they knew they where cheating.

This post has been edited by Spazturtle - November 07, 2012, 19:01:02.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté November 07, 2012, 19:02:19 | #10

Quote (Spazturtle @ 07 November 2012 18:54) *

They knew that you are only ment to be able to fight UB once per week, they knew they where cheating.
If you read carefully what i have wrote, you probably should understand that i have wrote about the punishment, not about the CRIME. I wrote that is too hard the punishment, not that they have done a right thing doing excarnus a lot of time.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-07-17
posté November 07, 2012, 19:28:32 | #11
Zehahahahahaha Some People form other servers are terrified  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté November 07, 2012, 19:31:36 | #12
I guess punishment could have been different. Example: if you have killed UB 6 times then you won't be able to log in your account for 6 weeks. This will be equal as of doing UB once per 6 weeks, however you won't be able to do anything in game for 6 weeks so it's punishment too, especially for p2p game.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - November 07, 2012, 19:32:16.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-05-16
posté November 07, 2012, 19:52:19 | #13
Clean all items-bad,wery bad.All players play for better items and now lost all...look sad

This post has been edited by S48GSII - November 07, 2012, 19:53:18.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-09-26
posté November 07, 2012, 20:20:18 | #14
premitting that a punishment is just normal and acceptable for who bug abuses
if i were in you i would be really carefull in touching private properties of a single player like deleting items or similar

first because it's not a kind of punishment "wrote in the contract" actually in a paradoxal way you could permanently ban everyone but you shouldn't be touching their inventory (you can warn, ban or ban permanently, not using others ways of punishment)
second because it's a case comparable to email deletion , if you manage a mail server you can delete a mailbox but you can't delete private email of your clients

i found the punishment exagerated compared to the guilt, for the fact that a bug is first of all YOUR ERROR, an error coming after an update so people could be legitimate to think that is some kind of change, second i've seen lighter punishment for people who really cheated duplicating items or other issues (wanna remember the dolls+air bugs sadida&xelor? or the infinite mp bug earth enutrof&xelor), cleaning of so many items and kamas is really excessive

for than this you should be punishing people who abused of the bug not for 5 6 tryes but in a more massive way and only after the post on the international (english) forum
for the ones who thinks that doing 6 tryes of a world boss is something that unbalances the game i could answer that some months ago was possible to do world bosses freely how many times you want, this is unbalancing!

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-07-31
posté November 07, 2012, 20:24:37 | #15
The punishment would be appropriated if it could work.
It won't, simply because professional cheaters had their items stored on other accounts as soon as punishment was announced. That was a bad move. Really naive.
If it was my call I'd go for a ban long as many weeks as UB runs, as someone already pointed out.
I know Ankama staff wants to make this right, and I hope they will change their minds, because this punishment will be too hard on some, simply too light on everyone else.

This post has been edited by soheiFenrir - November 07, 2012, 20:27:06.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté November 07, 2012, 21:05:35 | #16
I wholeheartedly agree with this punishment. Hope it works.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté November 07, 2012, 21:17:05 | #17
Deleting items will only makes people think in the future the following:
"Hmm, so i will abuse that bug on purpose, get adventage from it and then i will move my items to my 2nd account that was not abusing bug and when i get punished i will not loose any items!"

That's also why the idea to delete people's items is bad.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-06-14
posté November 07, 2012, 21:37:51 | #18
this is off topic but I's ask just for making it clear....since the UB is release it seem like Stream Soda that need for start fighting with Excarnus never consume when I fight with him.
(but yeah we just die....never win and have to wait till next week for try again)
this is a bug or not? or because I'm not the one who start fight?

This post has been edited by TinyLaNorthio - November 07, 2012, 21:38:48.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-04-01
posté November 07, 2012, 21:38:12 | #19
wouldnt there be a log for trading that they can access??? therefore still track the abusers gear

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-10-02
posté November 07, 2012, 22:29:06 | #20
I don't approve of these sanctions for "cheating".

Cleaning out a persons inventory and kamas does not only say "FUCK YOU AND ALL THE TIME YOU INVESTED IN THIS GAME" but it also affects players like me, who had absolutely nothing to do with the Uber bosses. The kamas you delete could have bought my items out of the market. The item he had could have been the last piece of equipment I needed to finish my build.

You are removing items from what should be a sandbox environment.

Have them be suspended for the week and lock the quests needed to do Uber bosses for twice the amount of times they did them. So they can play after the 7 days, just not get the uber quests for a very long time or something like that. Just leave inventories alone.

And cheating is not the same as bug abusing.