Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Wakfu and Tablets...
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-11-06
posté March 05, 2012, 20:47:12 | #1
Wakfu and Tablets... Is it possible?

I'm just a typical user, but I was curious to know if I could get Wakfu to run on one of the latest Android tablets. Seeing as how it's just a push and click type of game, I don't see why it wouldn't work somewhat well on a touch based screen.

Thoughts?

~Thanks

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté March 05, 2012, 20:49:58 | #2
Oh man, I want this soooooooooo badly.

It doesn't take much to run so I don't see most current tablets having a problem running it.

Being able to lvl my crafting whislt at work would own. lol

posté March 05, 2012, 21:36:31 | #3
Sounds like a good idea that many people will enjoy (including myself), but WAKFU cannot natively support tablet operating systems -- yet! This is an interesting platform for us, as you've said, since WAKFU supports an easy-to-use UI and navigation system but as the game can currently run on all major PC operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux) we're currently focusing on improving the core experience before we grow into other outlets.

I hope you can understand our reasoning. Thanks!

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2006-07-30
posté March 05, 2012, 21:59:50 | #4
You can however use LogMeIn, VNC, etc to connect to a home computer and play from your tablet or even iPhone/Android

I use LogMeIn to play a bit from work (sssshhh don't tell)

Unless you have an amazing connection on both ends i wouldn't expect to be doing pvp etc but it's great for gathering or crafting.

posté March 05, 2012, 22:35:28 | #5

Quote (Jabin @ 05 March 2012 21:59) *
You can however use LogMeIn, VNC, etc to connect to a home computer and play from your tablet or even iPhone/Android

I use LogMeIn to play a bit from work (sssshhh don't tell)

Unless you have an amazing connection on both ends i wouldn't expect to be doing pvp etc but it's great for gathering or crafting.

I tried the Logmein option with a 50m down 5 up connection. Didn't work out too well.. Lol

Well, hopefully this is something we may be able to see in the future... For now it's time to start looking into dual booting a tablet.. hahaha.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2008-07-09
posté March 05, 2012, 22:42:31 | #6
I look forward to a release of Wakfu/Dofus on the tablet. I have a first gen iPad and I love using it, sometimes more than my PC because I can go lay anywhere and play.

Sure I could use a laptop (that I don't have) but the tablet is so much lighter and more comfortable!  

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-09-06
posté March 05, 2012, 22:45:30 | #7
make it available for smartphones on the android and iphone app stores.

that would be ridiculously badass. and i know they can support this kind of game, because i have a few MMO's on my phone that have pretty intense graphics.

plus, let's not forget the massive amount of people who are going to search "Square Enix" when using the app stores. more customers, yah?

posté March 05, 2012, 22:53:57 | #8
I would straight up buy a tablet for this. Sit back on the couch, maybe watch a movie while harvesting.

I did just see the word 'Linux' amongst those Operating System listed, so its certainly not far flung, with the Android OS being built from a linux kernal originally (if I'm not mistaken). Although I suppose remote desktop type things work as well for the basics.

posté March 05, 2012, 23:02:32 | #9

Quote (DireCyphre @ 05 March 2012 22:53) *
I would straight up buy a tablet for this. Sit back on the couch, maybe watch a movie while harvesting.

I did just see the word 'Linux' amongst those Operating System listed, so its certainly not far flung, with the Android OS being built from a linux kernal originally (if I'm not mistaken). Although I suppose remote desktop type things work as well for the basics.

I was thinking this as well. I may start seeing is there is a possibility for a program like "Wine" to be able to install it lol

posté March 05, 2012, 23:21:21 | #10
Or I'm pretty sure there are people who have "unlocked" Android phones or tablets to run straight Linux, for that matter. But that sounds like something more in the ballpark of the hardcore superusers who can re-solder surface-mount resistors.  

posté March 05, 2012, 23:40:15 | #11

Quote (DireCyphre @ 05 March 2012 23:21) *
Or I'm pretty sure there are people who have "unlocked" Android phones or tablets to run straight Linux, for that matter. But that sounds like something more in the ballpark of the hardcore superusers who can re-solder surface-mount resistors.
It's actually not that hard/complicated. I have my Samsung Galaxy SII unlocked and running a few different boot roms.

Just requires a lot of attention to detail - namely version numbers. Flashing the wrong firmware or modem can have devastating effects lol

Fansite Operator * Member Since 2007-03-16
posté March 06, 2012, 02:14:08 | #12
this would be intriguing but the graphics requirement would be the largest hindrance I would assume.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-11-06
posté March 06, 2012, 07:25:20 | #13
While it would be amazing to get actual release on this, I was more curious to see if the community here had any thoughts, or things we could try. I honestly, would buy a tablet solely for the purpose of playing Wakfu, whilst having nothing to do at work.

I've tried using various, programs to connect to my PC at home, and it's unbearable to even cut trees.

posté March 06, 2012, 08:21:07 | #14

Quote (SE-Derek @ 05 March 2012 21:36) *
Sounds like a good idea that many people will enjoy (including myself), but WAKFU cannot natively support tablet operating systems -- yet! This is an interesting platform for us, as you've said, since WAKFU supports an easy-to-use UI and navigation system but as the game can currently run on all major PC operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux) we're currently focusing on improving the core experience before we grow into other outlets.

I hope you can understand our reasoning. Thanks!

HEHEHE YOU JUST SAID THE MAGIC WORDS!
LINUX BABY!
its freebased opensourced and most of all... every person who loves computers and knows a thing or two has played with it atleast 1 time or another my point being... I would be willing to bet* someone has ported it to a tablet near you already! and you know what that means right peoples? customizing your tablet and running linux on it to play this game is just a lil research away... for those that don't feel like the hassle.. you have to wait till someone feels like making an android/ipad/windows tablet based client for everyone else go find the will to geek out in linux too the sweet groove your tablet plays!
oh and for starters... google linux tablets i'll post some links to sites working on a tablet port later ^^ or 1 with a port

This post has been edited by JoelsephTheRandom - March 06, 2012, 08:22:11.
Reason for edit : spelling error
Piwi Hunter * Member Since 2012-03-03
posté March 06, 2012, 08:29:03 | #15
Actually, I play on a tablet every now and again. Acer Iconia Tab. But, I suppose its a windows 7 tablet, so it doesnt count towards this discussion.

But I do run in to problems every so often, as a touch click is an instantaneous action, therefore the OS and tablet will register I clicked it..but even with the slightest lag in game, it will register the mouse move, but not the click. The other downside is that to right click, I have to hold the button down for a second or two then release for it to be a right click.

Then again, none of these problems are related to the game itself in anyway, I just felt like mentioning it

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-10-10
posté January 30, 2014, 13:37:38 | #16
So it is possible with a windows tablet?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté January 30, 2014, 15:04:31 | #17
I started reading this thread and then saw a post by SE-Derek and almost fell out of my chair. Talk about an old thread. =(

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-01-07
posté January 30, 2014, 21:09:28 | #18

Quote (Gynrei @ 30 January 2014 15:04) *
I started reading this thread and then saw a post by SE-Derek and almost fell out of my chair. Talk about an old thread. =(

Exactly the same here. xD

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-06-02
posté January 31, 2014, 07:18:08 | #19
you can always use programs like gotomyPC to access a pc running the game via a tablet