Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

WwhitekrowW's profile
Statistics
188 Posts (0.19 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté December 27, 2014, 02:30:34 | #1

Quote (lSushi @ 27 December 2014 02:06) *

Quote (WwhitekrowW @ 27 December 2014 01:55) *
Just take into account how you like working for your materials as well.

For mining efficiency you need a proper route and not competing with others for sources. Yes you can get up to 8 with the proper equipment, BUT you also have to do a lot of clicking, a lot of moving, and sometimes a lot of downtime.

Herbalist allows less competition, you can do it in your own corner of the world, everything is right there in front of you, its easy to spam and do netflix at the same time.

Basically - efficiency will be based off how much attention you want to attribute towards the task. And, as someone else stated, doing dungeons really will be your best source of them.

So if I did Herbalist, I can plant the required materials to make Trans 160's anywhere in the world? If that's true, I might do herbalist.. I can't afford to get all that stuff required for mining, so that's out of the question :c

Edit: Can you also get Capnatcha in your Haven Bag? I was thinking about buying Garden gems and planting the required materials to make Transmutation 160's in my Haven bag.
Not necessarily anywhere in the world. I would advise getting a haven bag with garden gems (most efficient). Some herbs can only be planted on certain islands however they all can be planted in HB. That and you can make rows of all 4 you need and simply work your way through (FUN STUFF!)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815249  Replies : 37  Views : 1634
posté December 27, 2014, 02:23:19 | #2

Quote (beasty-boy @ 27 December 2014 02:14) *
I love your guide, it provides a lot of info for new Pandawa players such as myself. I didn't know much about the class other than they were drunks and picked up stuff. Oh! And that they just got healing abilities! But yeah! I am gonna try some of this on the beta server whenever it opens.

I do have a question though.You get wp back from Flaming Burp somehow? But I don't see where in the spells or anything that you get wp back from using them, or where the wp gets taken off of Milky Wave.

Other than that I like this!
When 15 stacks of Dizzy is consumed you gain back a WP. Flaming Burp and Milk Wave both consume WP. So when Milk Wave consumes a full stack of dizzy - it essentially only costs 6 ap. When flaming burp consumes dizzy it gives you a WP back. This is not in the spell effect but in a passive you lvl up.

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #815245  Replies : 9  Views : 6099
posté December 27, 2014, 01:55:48 | #3
Just take into account how you like working for your materials as well.

For mining efficiency you need a proper route and not competing with others for sources. Yes you can get up to 8 with the proper equipment, BUT you also have to do a lot of clicking, a lot of moving, and sometimes a lot of downtime.

Herbalist allows less competition, you can do it in your own corner of the world, everything is right there in front of you, its easy to spam and do netflix at the same time.

Basically - efficiency will be based off how much attention you want to attribute towards the task. And, as someone else stated, doing dungeons really will be your best source of them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815235  Replies : 37  Views : 1634
posté December 27, 2014, 01:44:34 | #4
If I remember correctly, Trapping is the only profession that you cannot get the captcha cat (the cat that gives you 40 resources). So timewise every profession would be quicker than trapping. If there is a Herbalist one though, that may be the quickest since you can plant your own square anywhere and its fairly simple to do.

Hope this helps a lil.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815231  Replies : 37  Views : 1634
posté December 27, 2014, 01:19:22 | #5
Sadida aren't "bad" when used a certain way. However...

When only 2/7 dolls are used "frequently" and those 2 dolls are from the water branch - you know something is off. These two dolls that are used frequently act up about 50% of the time.

When Voodoll specialty it basically completely useless. (basically that negates the bonus effects spells have against voodoll)

When air sadi (the damage branch for sadi) is used primarily support (debuff, push, pull)

Something is wrong. I've seen some great sadis that provided excellent support. However in each of those cases I would have preferred a different class. The only exception is in heals. I think sadi really shines heal wise. Arguably even better than the Eni (which Eni needs a huge revamp anyways)

So yes - Sadi aren't bad when played a certain way. But thats not how classes should be. Classes should not have broken mechanics that encourage only 1-2 different builds. So in a way - they are bad. Very Very bad.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #815227  Replies : 47  Views : 3979
posté December 26, 2014, 19:23:45 | #6

Quote (Exelenore @ 26 December 2014 16:30) *

Quote (Asriah @ 26 December 2014 13:08) *

Quote (SacridTaco @ 25 December 2014 17:56) *
People keep comparing revamps to Srams but nobody should be doing that. Srams are too perfect and are considered broken by almost anyone that isn't biased by having one. People have to realize that Sram is over the top and we should not be expecting other classes to be on par with them, despite what the devs say their intentions are.

Aside from the currently crappy scalding abilities, I'd say it is fair to consider Pandas at the same level of OP as Srams. Being able to heal for 6k hp in one turn, or Blisskreig for 3 to 4k aoe? Yeah, people thought it was cool to see that damage on a Sram single target finisher. Of course there are a lot of other changes to Pandas worth mentioning but I think you should understand what I am saying already.

I don't think it is crazy to assume that Cra and Iop will be same tier "OP" as Srams either, judging by these initial changes.
In team PvE and PvP I'd say you are right, that other than scalding being useless on anyone who has it atm (in comparison to hemo being very good), they are pretty much even in the sense that if you have the water branch, you can heal people for around 1~4k depending on their dizzy stacks and heal resist and such. Or to be direct, being able to be a healer adds enough that you can say they are as useful to a group. (Maybe even more useful if they are your only source of sustainability)

What is irksome is that tri srams seem to be made to perfectly synergize between their different branches to give the sram everything it could ever need in 1 on 1 PvP. For Pandawa, there isn't really a lot of tri synergy other than just for having 3 elements to have attacks from. Also it seems like a cop out to say something in onpar because of a healing factor, especially when they can't even effectively heal their selves with their healing branch. (No, Milky Cloud is NOT an effective means to self heal outside of team PvE)

Basically what I am saying is that if you have an extra niche such as a healer in team play, they use that as justification to purposely hold back certain mechanics to be useful in 1 on 1 play. In other words, they look at 1 on 1 PvP as a niche in itself. When they say they won't balance around 1 on 1 PvP, what they really mean is they won't balance each class to be about on par in 1 on 1 PvP with each other. They designed Tri Sram so that its niche would be 1 on 1 PvP, they are designed to win in that area of gameplay. You need to either outgear or outplay a Tri Sram or get a map that gives you a default advantage against a Tri Sram or be a niche 1 on 1 PvP class yourself (this should come into play after more revamps occur).

This is my speculation but I'm quite certain this is how they have chosen to handle revamps. To be honest I'm not really on board with the idea of making certain classes designed to have a pretty much global advantage over any class that isn't a part of a 1 on 1 PvP niche design variant. I would prefer if they had separate mechanics for PvE and PvP so that every class's kits are optimized for both. But think what you want of course; I believe what I've speculated will become more and more apparent as revamps get closer to completion though.
I completely disagree with the idea that all classes should be equal 1v1 PvP. A single target DD should ALWAYS win over an AoE DD class (considering similar gear and same lvl of intelligence). The particularly niches of the classes shine a bit more as more people are introduced into the game. I'm pretty sure in a fight of 3 pandas vs 3 srams - the pandas would easily win most of the time. PvP is more than just 1v1 and should not ever be balanced just for that because that would in turn ruin every other form of PvP. (whats the point of a single target DD if an AoE DD does the exact same damage?)

Classes should all be equal in terms of usefulness - not power.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #815173  Replies : 1624  Views : 79567
posté December 26, 2014, 17:18:57 | #7
WTS lvl 6 guild Guild Name: Faux Lore
Lvl 6

Bonuses:
2 Bank Slots
5% elemental dam (4)
5% elemental res (4)
Dodge
Lock

Ankabox will probably be the best way to reach me or leave message here.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #815146  Replies : 0  Views : 164
posté December 25, 2014, 22:44:40 | #8

Quote (Agosta @ 25 December 2014 22:23) *
Is Assome supposed to be some clever play on Ass and Awesome cause it's really dumb. Frickt was funnier in dofus and didn't sound douchey.

Assome = knocks in french. So its probably just not translated quite yet.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #814965  Replies : 1624  Views : 79567
posté December 16, 2014, 03:46:41 | #9
Decreasing epic being crushed into larger quantities of powders?!?!?! Please don't. Please please please, by all that is good in the world don't. I mean - isn't that the only point of half the relics in the game? (looking at you Srambad BP and Golden Belt)

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #809826  Replies : 37  Views : 4732
posté December 16, 2014, 03:40:27 | #10
I'd argue the old panda was just more awkward to play than more difficult.

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #809824  Replies : 22  Views : 2554
posté December 15, 2014, 17:42:49 | #11
Karchamrak
Barrel (8)
Aggressive Barrel
Milky Instinct
Master of Merriment (15)
Barrelhop
Incandescent Milk
Bamboozle
Bottomless Barrel

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #809653  Replies : 7  Views : 1123
posté December 12, 2014, 03:21:52 | #12
Is it really impossible? If you had ap givers on your team - I'm pretty sure you can stack up to 500. Feca + Xelor

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #807840  Replies : 24  Views : 2577
posté December 12, 2014, 03:06:52 | #13

Quote (Testimony @ 12 December 2014 02:15) *
A melee Eliotrope is confusing.

The -120 Resist takes 2-3 Turns to stack up. Though it does increase your damage a lot. -120 Resists is like ~20% more damage on something with 450 resists...which is the same as Exhault. So you can really get ~40% more final damage.

This means you have to keep them without moving even 1 space from you.This presumably means you want Deafening *and* Ardent or Wakmeha (calm) + Ardent.
The damage wont be bad but sticking in for 2-3 turns with no inherit defense is iffy. Especially given Barrier is really the only damage mitigation you have, and it doesn't do anything in melee range except reduce damage from people you aren't fighting.

I think the damage is good, but the survivalbility is so impractical.
You want to throw Torrential Flux in there anyways because its Damage per AP is ridiculous. Which if you're using Cracked also removes Deafening from the equation to an extent. So you want to have even higher lock since you can't count on the -1 MP keeping them in.

So squishy, tons of damage but...eh.

It's probably more practical to ditch Ardent/Deafening and just go for a ranged build.

Clash and Hiding as mad cool.
Don't look at the class as an individual but as a team player. If you have a good supporter (earth sadi/trank/etc) you'll be incredibly awesomely epic!

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #807824  Replies : 21  Views : 2487
posté December 02, 2014, 02:36:48 | #14
He summons totems. If you step into the totem aura you get turned into a gobbal. If you hit him as a gobbal, his invulnerability disappears and everyone else on the team gets to hit boss.

This post has been edited by WwhitekrowW - December 02, 2014, 02:37:09.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #803784  Replies : 9  Views : 1595
posté December 02, 2014, 02:05:24 | #15

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 02 December 2014 02:03) *

Quote (WwhitekrowW @ 02 December 2014 01:58) *
I'm having issues triggering WP renewal. I'm in the serene state (the one where it says après avoir subi un sorte de dégâts: regainere 1 pw). So i'm sitting there getting hit for 10 turns - no wp renewal? Am i missing something?
Are you at your wp cap
No - I made sure to use 3 WP first just to be sure.

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #803773  Replies : 205  Views : 14267
posté December 02, 2014, 01:58:07 | #16
I'm having issues triggering WP renewal. I'm in the serene state (the one where it says après avoir subi un sorte de dégâts: regainere 1 pw). So i'm sitting there getting hit for 10 turns - no wp renewal? Am i missing something?

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #803769  Replies : 205  Views : 14267
posté November 14, 2014, 23:45:25 | #17

Quote (Bringer @ 14 November 2014 23:43) *
But doom is so much fun.

Your post just pointed something out i find kind of amusing. Because it shows that removing multiboxing being against the rules ultimately resulted in built-in multiboxing supported by the client and the standard functionality of the game being a multi-character control one.

Whatever else you want to think of the arguments or even the topic of this thread. Remember that example. There is no such thing as a slippery slope fallacy, every single slope, with out exception, is slippery.
Slippery: difficult to hold firmly or stand on because it is smooth, wet, or slimy. Why are all slopes without an exception smooth, wet, or slimy? Reasoning does not compute... 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796648  Replies : 327  Views : 13936
posté November 14, 2014, 23:43:08 | #18

Quote (Bringer @ 14 November 2014 23:23) *

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 14 November 2014 23:05) *
There has never been an incentive to play with other players. The way the game is designed playing with other players slows down the gameplay 100 fold. This game is already exclusive in the sense that you expect to play with your main party 90% of the time. I play with the same friends every day and all mine and their classes work around each other. I do not like playing with others very much, because its often times a waste of time. A party of 6 individuals typically takes 3 hours to run an end game dungeon. A party of 3 people takes about 40 minutes. Sidekicks have their benefits - full hp at end of fight. In leveling and many dungeons, I'll take full hp then having to tote around bread.
Sure there has, the incentive is there are some things you can not do alone. Sidekicks are weaker than full players (even krosmo).

Its always been a trade off. Back in the very begging even soloing was the fastest way to level, and then for hard activities you grouped up. Im not saying people should be grouped with 6 other players all the time. What im saying is that for things that require a certain number of players, there should be a reason to actually have that number of PLAYERS and not just characters. If you can solo something, then solo it. If you can duo something, then duo it. If you can do something with a sidekick and dont need a full group of players, then go for it. But the perspective of the game is always that there are some things that you need actual full strength characters for. And in those cases your options were to find people, or to multibox it. Many people picked the last option, but because it was not an intigrated part of the game, and because it can be a hassle to control lots of clients at once, it was not seen as the right and true primary way things worked idealy. Idealy you had people, idealy you played with others, not just yourself.

It is that shift in mindset that this change could produce if no indicators of penalty or bonuses are included, that kills the idea of multiplayer. It shifts the ideal, and everything else will follow.

If the game itself is not amiable to actually being a multiplayer game then thats an issue with the game, not a problem if it not letting you multibox easily.
Things that you can't do alone? That isn't incentive. Many people, myself included, refuse to do content that we cannot do alone or with a small group. Why? Because the way this game is designed, being in a group (3+ people) is the most inefficient, boring, dull experience of all time.

I prefer sidekicks over a 3+ players any day of the week. A sidekick, weak as it is, is 100x better than an additional player who lags, doesn't know how to play, is plvling, etc.

Since the beginning, grouping with more than 3+ people has been frustrating. I haven't ran a lot of content for a long time because it required more people.

Believe it or not, multi boxers party with more randoms than single boxers. Because of my ability to tribox nearly any content in the game, I'm able to bring people into fights they'll never be able to get consistent groups for otherwise. This game is works best when people have 2-3 accounts.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796645  Replies : 327  Views : 13936
posté July 09, 2014, 08:18:55 | #19

Quote (LioVamp @ 08 July 2014 11:54) *
We already got light-purple between yellow and purple tiers. Trash colors are not popular anymore (gray, white and -sorry- green you are not in the trend nowadays). I estimate a whole bunch of new colors with weird conditions like "1/2/3 cyan per character" somewhere between yellow and purple, or maybe uber-purple-ultimate gear that will require no epics/relics to be equipped.
Not popular to wear - no. However I think the question was posed because green items allows for more runing gear.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752378  Replies : 6  Views : 476