Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

WwhitekrowW's profile
Statistics
171 Posts (0.22 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté November 14, 2014, 23:45:25 | #1

Quote (Bringer @ 14 November 2014 23:43) *
But doom is so much fun.

Your post just pointed something out i find kind of amusing. Because it shows that removing multiboxing being against the rules ultimately resulted in built-in multiboxing supported by the client and the standard functionality of the game being a multi-character control one.

Whatever else you want to think of the arguments or even the topic of this thread. Remember that example. There is no such thing as a slippery slope fallacy, every single slope, with out exception, is slippery.
Slippery: difficult to hold firmly or stand on because it is smooth, wet, or slimy. Why are all slopes without an exception smooth, wet, or slimy? Reasoning does not compute... 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796648  Replies : 279  Views : 6984
posté November 14, 2014, 23:43:08 | #2

Quote (Bringer @ 14 November 2014 23:23) *

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 14 November 2014 23:05) *
There has never been an incentive to play with other players. The way the game is designed playing with other players slows down the gameplay 100 fold. This game is already exclusive in the sense that you expect to play with your main party 90% of the time. I play with the same friends every day and all mine and their classes work around each other. I do not like playing with others very much, because its often times a waste of time. A party of 6 individuals typically takes 3 hours to run an end game dungeon. A party of 3 people takes about 40 minutes. Sidekicks have their benefits - full hp at end of fight. In leveling and many dungeons, I'll take full hp then having to tote around bread.
Sure there has, the incentive is there are some things you can not do alone. Sidekicks are weaker than full players (even krosmo).

Its always been a trade off. Back in the very begging even soloing was the fastest way to level, and then for hard activities you grouped up. Im not saying people should be grouped with 6 other players all the time. What im saying is that for things that require a certain number of players, there should be a reason to actually have that number of PLAYERS and not just characters. If you can solo something, then solo it. If you can duo something, then duo it. If you can do something with a sidekick and dont need a full group of players, then go for it. But the perspective of the game is always that there are some things that you need actual full strength characters for. And in those cases your options were to find people, or to multibox it. Many people picked the last option, but because it was not an intigrated part of the game, and because it can be a hassle to control lots of clients at once, it was not seen as the right and true primary way things worked idealy. Idealy you had people, idealy you played with others, not just yourself.

It is that shift in mindset that this change could produce if no indicators of penalty or bonuses are included, that kills the idea of multiplayer. It shifts the ideal, and everything else will follow.

If the game itself is not amiable to actually being a multiplayer game then thats an issue with the game, not a problem if it not letting you multibox easily.
Things that you can't do alone? That isn't incentive. Many people, myself included, refuse to do content that we cannot do alone or with a small group. Why? Because the way this game is designed, being in a group (3+ people) is the most inefficient, boring, dull experience of all time.

I prefer sidekicks over a 3+ players any day of the week. A sidekick, weak as it is, is 100x better than an additional player who lags, doesn't know how to play, is plvling, etc.

Since the beginning, grouping with more than 3+ people has been frustrating. I haven't ran a lot of content for a long time because it required more people.

Believe it or not, multi boxers party with more randoms than single boxers. Because of my ability to tribox nearly any content in the game, I'm able to bring people into fights they'll never be able to get consistent groups for otherwise. This game is works best when people have 2-3 accounts.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796645  Replies : 279  Views : 6984
posté July 09, 2014, 08:18:55 | #3

Quote (LioVamp @ 08 July 2014 11:54) *
We already got light-purple between yellow and purple tiers. Trash colors are not popular anymore (gray, white and -sorry- green you are not in the trend nowadays). I estimate a whole bunch of new colors with weird conditions like "1/2/3 cyan per character" somewhere between yellow and purple, or maybe uber-purple-ultimate gear that will require no epics/relics to be equipped.
Not popular to wear - no. However I think the question was posed because green items allows for more runing gear.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752378  Replies : 6  Views : 408
posté July 02, 2014, 20:29:32 | #4
I don't know why people are trying to understand based off the numbers given... Ankamath and Ankalogic are very different things.

Cactus Dungeon - Too many runs to count

Cactlass (.02%) - Dropped 5 of them
Harry Boots (.1%/1% on boss) and - Dropped 1... total

Crits

Masq (44 crits) - crits on average 1 out of 20 hits
Eni (33 crits) - crits on average 1/3 hits
Rogue (37 crits) crits on average no hits... ever

I was watching someone's emiw run and they brought up that their masq never crits for some reason despite having 47 crits. I definitely could relate.

Though everything I gave was anecdotal, from my experience none of the numbers given are accurate for drop rates or crits or blocks. 10% less drop rate may mean nothing will drop ever - or even they'll somehow get more drops the the subbers (ankalogic).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751022  Replies : 38  Views : 1593
posté June 19, 2014, 20:10:50 | #5

Quote (Gynrei @ 18 June 2014 17:37) *

Quote (Cabran @ 18 June 2014 17:07) *
Luckily for me i've found a legitimate way to get 12 AP without needing a relic or epic

Is this in battle or outside battle?
I assume he plays with a feca, a xelor, a masq, or an osa. To my knowledge, its impossible to get 11 or 12 ap w/o an epic or a relic.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #747025  Replies : 17  Views : 655
posté June 19, 2014, 15:20:24 | #6
If drop rates were increased instead of decreased - we would have seen a hot fix that very hour.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746917  Replies : 40  Views : 2001
posté June 19, 2014, 06:45:09 | #7
Hey maybe this was a ninja drop rate revamp. They never said it'd get better.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746813  Replies : 40  Views : 2001
posté June 18, 2014, 22:36:46 | #8
Its a 2 ap spell that can deal 66+ air damage at lvl 100 - if you're fire/air. Its a 2 ap spell that can deal 30+ additional damage while you're stealing ap for water/air. Basically incredibly cheap spell that deals great damage when done properly in a hybrid build.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #746727  Replies : 5  Views : 897
posté June 18, 2014, 10:30:27 | #9

Quote (Taku- @ 18 June 2014 09:26) *

I'm a big proponent of bringing AP to the common player!

I think you should be a big proponent of just making things not so ridiculously difficult to acquire, though. I think they're set on: You need a relic *or* an epic to get 11 AP, and you need both to get to 12 AP.

You know what? Fine. It's retconning three items that have been in the game for MONTHS now, but you know what, fine. But if you're gonna be that restrictive with how people progess past 10 AP, how about they take the fucking time to make it possible for more than the top 2% of people to do it?

Make Epics easier to acquire. x10 the drop rate on relic frags and drop PP locks for all of them. Make these things truly obtainable for people that are max level. Not just people that are max level, have an entire group that will go with them to farm 1 piece of equipment using 6 well-geared characters spending 4+ hours a night for 3+ months just for One. Fucking. Relic.
I consider it basically the same thing. Adding additional AP options outside of epics would be a great way to appease both player sets though verses drop revamp which will probably tick off those who worked forever for theirs. I do think fragments should not have such a huge PP lock though. Somethind does need to be done about drop rates eventually though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746465  Replies : 74  Views : 3847
posté June 18, 2014, 08:43:28 | #10
@Kouromaro - I am at 24 gelano frags right now. I dropped all but 2-3 of them through spamming gelano dungeon and mobs. I was spending 4-6 hours at a time at jellies usually dropping nothing. It took about 3 months to drop that many. 9 more months... its not hard per se - but 9 months of grinding 4-6 hours a day at jellies?

I remember getting earlier sets. First "full" gobbal set was lvl 30. I dropped my own golden scara set by 50. Dropped my own lunar set around 70. Eventually made my own moowolf set. I remember dropping my first dragolyre and thought it was the greatest thing ever - next to the goultard, of course.

There is a huge grind now - but it was different then back then. This grind seems borderline worthless... I loved working for the next ap. Now i'm working for - the next 1% damage buff? I love this game - however I really think they need to look into adding more AP options. Shake things up a bit

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746439  Replies : 74  Views : 3847
posté June 18, 2014, 08:07:58 | #11

Quote (Kokonaut @ 18 June 2014 06:44) *

Quote (WwhitekrowW @ 18 June 2014 03:15) *

Quote (Kokonaut @ 18 June 2014 02:54) *

Quote (WwhitekrowW @ 18 June 2014 00:39) *

Quote (kurokat @ 18 June 2014 00:08) *
Those two low level Epic items sound nice [Dy7].

Will you be adding anything else to reach the 12ap build without a relic (not 11ap)? As we won't be able to wear two Epics or an Epic with a Sat ring any longer.

- Kat
The better question is - will there be anything else to reach 12 ap without a relic for the common player?

The short answer is no, unless said item incurred some serious penalties to the player. Otherwise it disrupts the balance of achieving 12 AP and being able to use the non-exotic AP items Epic and Relic items.

The Satisfaction Ring is counterbalanced by the fact that -100 HP is easily mitigated by some of the non-exotic Relic pieces and the -MP is off-set by the inevitable release of +2 MP gear. What's 30% damage on a ring to a difference of 80% damage on a non-exo Relic? Or other miscellaneous stats.

• Mango
So the common player is never allowed to have more than 10 ap for the sole reason that it disrupts the hard core players build?

Basically yes. Of the two situations, the one that gives the common player more freedom also gives the endgame min/max player more power. Too much for what the new item balance ideals allows for.

• Mango
The majority of players aren't HC players. The majority of players do not own relics nor will ever own relics. The majority of players will never have more than 10 ap. I don't think AP should be so limiting.

Things they could easily do is create more conditional gear. AP giving HC players too much damage or options? Make it so that the more AP a person has the damage % this certain piece gives. So if they use it and get 10 ap they receive 30% damage from it, if they use it to get 11 ap they receive 20% damage from it... et cetera et cetera. Its not hard to think of ideas to make said things. It would allow players to mess around and experiment and... have fun?!

In the first 30 lvls of the game, most people get 2 ap. The next 30 lvls they can easily gain 2 more ap. So around lvl 60, one basically runs around with their end game build already. 4 ap in the first 60 lvls... and no more ap for the next 90?

Personally I'm content w/ my damage % right now - I'm just bored to death of the same builds again and again. I loved my 11 ap cra back in the day... But sat ring was murder. 11 ap eni would be so much more useful combo wise. There are so many options when you can have just 1 more ap... but they took that away...

I'm a big proponent of bringing AP to the common player!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746421  Replies : 74  Views : 3847
posté June 18, 2014, 03:15:46 | #12

Quote (Kokonaut @ 18 June 2014 02:54) *

Quote (WwhitekrowW @ 18 June 2014 00:39) *

Will you be adding anything else to reach the 12ap build without a relic (not 11ap)? As we won't be able to wear two Epics or an Epic with a Sat ring any longer.

- Kat
The better question is - will there be anything else to reach 12 ap without a relic for the common player?

The short answer is no, unless said item incurred some serious penalties to the player. Otherwise it disrupts the balance of achieving 12 AP and being able to use the non-exotic AP items Epic and Relic items.

The Satisfaction Ring is counterbalanced by the fact that -100 HP is easily mitigated by some of the non-exotic Relic pieces and the -MP is off-set by the inevitable release of +2 MP gear. What's 30% damage on a ring to a difference of 80% damage on a non-exo Relic? Or other miscellaneous stats.

• Mango
So the common player is never allowed to have more than 10 ap for the sole reason that it disrupts the hard core players build?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746305  Replies : 74  Views : 3847
posté June 18, 2014, 01:28:21 | #13
I think you're just desensitized to non-grinding elements. Everything else is so bad and so grindy, that something moderately normal seems too good to be true.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746277  Replies : 11  Views : 829
posté June 18, 2014, 00:39:05 | #14

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746241  Replies : 74  Views : 3847
posté June 17, 2014, 22:42:32 | #15
Masq on nox.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #746191  Replies : 16  Views : 720
posté June 17, 2014, 19:35:26 | #16

Quote (Kokonaut @ 17 June 2014 17:35) *

Quote (Asthis @ 17 June 2014 17:26) *
What about Dragon Osas? Will that extra AP I get in battle be null if I already have 10 AP?

Quote (khackt @ 17 June 2014 17:32) *
that would mean xelors wouldnt be able to shit 10 extra ap out anymore, which would be ridiculous

No, no. The cap outside of battle is still 12, and the cap in-battle is still innumerably high.

The nerf that this topic is explicitly about is about the Satisfaction Ring, which received a condition on it that is "less than 11 AP" to equip. They're amending this condition to all non-Epic/non-Relic AP rings, including the upcoming Shushu Ring, an endgame Legendary AP ring.

• Mango
Isn't stat ring less then 9 ap to equip?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746103  Replies : 74  Views : 3847
posté June 17, 2014, 09:05:19 | #17
Makabrards would be my choice. However - between those two, the wand.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #745729  Replies : 3  Views : 605
posté June 17, 2014, 09:00:48 | #18
Its viable. You need amazing gear to make it so though... and runes. Lots and lots of runes. I've seen a tribrid done very well - 560% dam and 300% res across the board. Considering how expensive his gear was... I will stick with my modestly inexpensive water/air masq with 620% water/air damage.

Its viable. You need amazing gear to make it so though... and runes. Lots and lots of runes. I've seen a tribrid done very well - 560% dam and 300% res across the board. Considering how expensive his gear was... I will stick with my modestly inexpensive water/air masq with 620% water/air damage.

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #745725  Replies : 4  Views : 654