Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Chronotorious's profile
Statistics
164 Posts (0.17 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 01, 2014, 10:21:31 | #1

Quote (Brokonaut @ 30 September 2014 23:41) *
Traps are mostly fine in their current state. They simply need to remove the two-per-turn limitation and make the trap level scale off of player level instead of spell level (forcing you to level things you don't want to).

[mangosignature]

Hmm.

Bled Dry = 62 dmg, 31 hemo, single
Laceration Trap = 75 dmg, 19 hemo, aoe

Swindlesram = 81 dmg, dodge loot, single
Silent Trap = 81 dmg, -2 ap, aoe

Tricky Blow = 81 dmg, move yourself away, single
Foggy Trap = 81 dmg, teleport, aoe

The damage of the traps and the spells that make them are the same (or a little more for the fire trap). So... if traps had the same level as the Sram... wouldn't this give Srams 3 spells for free? Is that really a fair / good idea? Srams can already use a ton of their spells at level 0 to good effect, more so than any other class, if I'm not mistaken.

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #783053  Replies : 13  Views : 550
posté October 01, 2014, 04:38:31 | #2
Can't access shop on Nox? Sometimes I like to browse the shop to see how costumes will look on my characters, or if there are any good deals going on. But I can't get the shop to load at all! It's stuck on loading. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782957  Replies : 1  Views : 65
posté May 02, 2014, 05:58:12 | #3
IMO, it's not fair to say that people are "too lazy" to level crafting, when the devs themselves have acknowledged how convoluted the system is. They're even working on a crafting revamp from the ground up. That has to say something.

It also begs the question: why are they calling non-crafters lazy? Are there that many people who don't craft? Surely, not every non-crafter is lazy...

Considering the above: I don't feel insulted as much as I feel that calling non-crafters "lazy" is an unjustified cheap shot. I could call Ankama lazy for not fixing the bugs they've ignored for years (literally). But I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, that they have more important matters to attend to.

The point I'm trying to make here is: there's a difference between being "lazy" and having other priorities. Just because I'm not crafting, it doesn't mean I'm not busting my ass doing something else.

As far as my choice of the word horrendous goes... it's just semantics. Certainly, what's bad for me might be good for someone else. It's all relative. But I didn't presume to speak for everyone in my previous comment

---------

TLR: Ankama shouldn't call people lazy, when, by their own admission, the crafting system is convoluted and in need of a revamp. If you require "proof" of admission, I direct your attention here:

-- Key Points --
> revamp has been "a long time coming, but not an easy task, because of how the current system is a pile of layers, one on top of another"
> desire to rebuild on "healthy strong foundations"
> desire to do away with "gathering thousands of resources to craft 500 of the same recipe, while you afk for the 2 1/2 hours it would take to complete them"

apparently you can't post links... lets try again:

www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/community/blog/posts/415073-wip-craft-revamp

Thread : News  Preview message : #724023  Replies : 26  Views : 1525
posté May 02, 2014, 04:52:49 | #4
"Lazy ones?" Really...? You have the gall to chastise people for not wanting to level up the horrendous crafting in this game?

Thread : News  Preview message : #724015  Replies : 26  Views : 1525
posté March 27, 2014, 19:53:07 | #5
Wow, thanks guys!

Kakenshu, I'd love to read your guide if you ever made it. No pressure. Thanks a lot for your post, it was very helpful. As for using mother fogger, it was just an idea I had It might make it a little easier to place a blockade next to a far away ally than to stasis flux them. Plus, mother fogger gives you a little more resists to help tank something in front of you.

Warren, that's a good point about going 3 earth / 2 fire. Flambe also seems to stack overheated a bit higher. Thanks for sharing your build... it helped me configure mine. My only concern is Stasis Shield. Do you find that you take too much damage unless you blockade each round? Thanks for your help!

This post has been edited by Chronotorious - March 27, 2014, 19:59:47.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #706869  Replies : 4  Views : 1295
posté March 23, 2014, 00:51:41 | #6
Fire/Earth hybrid: high dps in both elements. Help? Hello, I'm trying to plan to a Fire / Earth hyrbid that can do high DPS in both elements, and even Tank if needed. Is this asking too much? I've spend the past hour or so combing through the forums for info, but I'd like your opinions to see if I'm on the right track. Would you recommend a 3 spell max / 2 spell max split? Or a more even distribution of 3 / 3?

FIRE -- low / high / high / low / high

As far as I can see, all fire spells give an equal level of High Pressure per AP (+16 levels).

• Flambe: Low. Doesn't require LoS, and you can cast x2 Flambe for the price of x1 Fire Thrower for moderately higher damage... but the linear cast is less flexible than Fire Thrower.
  • Fire Thrower: Great range. This what makes Fogger a fire cra. It affects the same area as Flambe (3 tile line), but covers a wider area.
  • Blazing Fire: Easy max. Great single target dps, with potential for multi target. Cheap cost
  • Flame Fervor: Utility only... even then, I don't know if I would use this much. WP is better spent on Fogginator, Shebang, or Stasis Flux.
  • Steampalm: Easy max. Huge aoe, no LoS, good dps.

EARTH -- low / high / low / high / high

Each spell gives roughly the same blockade per AP (18-19 HP at 200).

• Pummel: Low. Sure, it does decent dps, but it's kind of a blah spell over all. A single Bombardment with one recast is roughly equal to one Pummel in terms of dps. Bombardment also offer marginally higher blockade.
  • Stomp: Easy max. Great blockade and dps for a cheap enough cost.
  • Hammer Claw: Utility only. The pull may be nice in some situations, but I don't see this being a go-to spell for dps or blockades.
  • Shebang: Easy max. Great close range aoe dps, when fire spells can't cut it.
  • Bombardment: Max for me. The initial strike may be weak, but the subsequent strikes more than make up for it. With 1 recast, Bombardment does about about 25 damage per AP. One strike of Pummel = about 27 damage per ap. Because this spell has a low cost, it also makes for easy blockades. If the initial strike of Bombardment isn't worth the damage, you can always use it to set up a blockade... then follow up with a volley of Bombardment + free recasts. I imagine this is very nice when set up with Fogginator and Critical Turbo, as well.

ACTIVES & PASSIVES

Not really sure here, so I'll just list my general opinions...

• Fogginator & Fire and Oil: The main damage boosts for Fire and Earth.
  • Microbot & Groove: Decent utility for the whole party, great kiting for Fogger.

Then I'm at a loss

• Should I take Motherfogger + Armor Plating for more range, +60% resists, and blockade fun for everyone?
  • How good of a tank can a Fire/Earth Fogger be without Stasis Flux, or would that be a staple?
  • Would Shebang + Fogginator be too hard on WP without a Stasis spell for WP regain (say, Ray of Stasis)?
  • Is Critical Turbo really worth it?

This post has been edited by Chronotorious - March 23, 2014, 01:03:52.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #704579  Replies : 4  Views : 1295
posté March 19, 2014, 04:21:45 | #7
Add the option to "exp lock" spells, please Some spells are great utility at level 1. You use them, but you don't really want (or need) to level them. Example: Rougery in the air branch for Rogues. I know Ankama could give a crap about a good idea like this... but it would be great if they implement an "exp lock" option for spells.

You could "lock" a spell, and it would not gain any exp, no matter how many times you used it. You could unlock it, and it would gain exp as normal. It would be great for leveling up.

This post has been edited by Chronotorious - March 19, 2014, 04:22:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #694641  Replies : 7  Views : 512
posté March 19, 2014, 03:58:25 | #8
Sadida

Vaporize, very useful, but just used to control dolls. No need to level.

K'Mir, situationally useful, only for pull. No need to level.

Earthquake, good dmg, but too random, and can hit yourself / allies.

This post has been edited by Chronotorious - March 19, 2014, 04:02:18.
Thread : General  Preview message : #694629  Replies : 11  Views : 1066
posté March 18, 2014, 19:11:32 | #9

Quote (Gynrei @ 18 March 2014 18:11) *
Seriously... someone thought you'd get a new MM by any means other than real life currency?

I was expecting it to cost blood.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #694337  Replies : 8  Views : 526
posté March 18, 2014, 19:08:33 | #10
Inb4 fairyworks compensation.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #694335  Replies : 28  Views : 1156
posté March 13, 2014, 08:55:04 | #11
Is it me, or do some of the changes seem... trivial? I mean, any dmg increase is a dmg increase, but bumping up feca's natural attack from 44 to 45 (at 100) almost seems pointless. What IS the point? Does that +1 dmg really make a difference O.o

This post has been edited by Chronotorious - March 13, 2014, 08:55:46.
Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #691739  Replies : 329  Views : 18837
posté March 11, 2014, 20:46:13 | #12

Quote (izzzjordan @ 10 March 2014 17:17) *
You honestly have to ask yourself if you want to play a game that is subscription based and has no bots running the server or a free to play game with a cash shop that will most likely milk us out of our money and essentially be pay to win.

Right because there are no harvesting bots in p2p Wakfu /sarcasm.

Like Ankama doesn't already dangle shiny cash shop items, wait for people to buy them, then nerf them "to work as intended." They did it with makaitems, multimen, pets... they will do it again. Pretty shady milking if you ask me.

Also... Wakfu already is pay to win. Just multibox and run dungeons by yourself. Even just one supplimentary multibox is p2w. Gotta have that pocket Eni healer, pocket Enu for items, or pocket tank, right?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #691149  Replies : 99  Views : 5075
posté March 11, 2014, 05:40:55 | #13
Cooldowns...?

Seems like a recipe for disaster for Ankama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #690807  Replies : 79  Views : 2758
posté September 26, 2013, 22:01:45 | #14
Any update on Wakfu going truly f2p, or lessing the restrictions for "free" players? Just wondering, thank you

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #610729  Replies : 2  Views : 439
posté May 22, 2013, 03:43:11 | #15
I think it will be hillarious (and typical ankama) if it takes 2 more months before Xelor get their revamp... and the update is exactly as it is in the current PDF. In essence, they would have delayed releasing the patch for no real reason at all Not to mention, all of Xelor's complicated skills will be in French, so we can have fun trying to figure out what it is we're even doing!

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #546725  Replies : 216  Views : 17255
posté May 22, 2013, 03:37:48 | #16
Don't bother. Xelor is on the docket to be changed rather drastically. By the time you are used to THIS version, they will release the new one and throw your whole equipment/build for a loop.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #546719  Replies : 9  Views : 2153
posté May 01, 2013, 12:17:40 | #17
I'll wait for the English pdf... but I am not feeling these changes right now.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #536025  Replies : 216  Views : 17255
posté April 23, 2013, 21:45:54 | #18
STILL no translations / description fixes on Ecaflip and Sadida skills? You really do not want me to resubscribe, do you.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #531283  Replies : 14  Views : 2466
posté April 23, 2013, 11:31:27 | #19
Not a fan of dial costing AP AND Wakfu... Can you imagine? It'll be something ridiculous like 4ap, 2wp at level 0.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #530937  Replies : 216  Views : 17255