Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

visitor888's profile
Statistics
98 Posts (0.18 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté February 27, 2015, 21:12:04 | #1

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 27 February 2015 15:06) *
finding one other person is leaps and bounds easier than finding 5.
Agreed, but I feel like this point would not be as valid if more time was put into the group search. I feel like they made it because we asked for it and though it technically functions, it just isn't efficient. Efficiency is kind of the point of a group search function.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #834247  Replies : 74  Views : 10212
posté February 27, 2015, 21:05:53 | #2
I have to say guys I am pretty torn between Wrath and Thunderbolt. I love Wrath. I love the damage, the flavor, I love that it punishes the cowards who flee instead of facing me like a man. I love the maniacal cackle that my character gives when it uses it and quite frankly, explosions are pretty.

That Flaming damage is just insane though and I'm not sure I can walk away from it. My issue is that it is just so damn unreliable. Almost everything can run or teleport away from me and then i am stuck with a spell with a dmg to ap ratio that's about half of the iop's other spells. Or what if my ally kills the guy I just spent a turn wailing on?

My other option is to drop celestial sword and take both but I really dig the ranged AoE. Thoughts?

This is for a PvM build btw.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #834241  Replies : 1513  Views : 54305
posté February 22, 2015, 02:58:56 | #3

Quote (Dok-Q @ 20 February 2015 22:45) *

Quote (visitor888 @ 20 February 2015 21:08) *
I love the new Iop. It more or less fixed everything that bugged me about the old iop while adding some mechanics that move them away from spam Flurry and Wrath.

Right now I am going a pure damage build:

Air: Flurry, Gust, Uppercut
Fire: SIP and Wrath

by using 2 Flurry combos and then an Uppercut combo you can hit 100 concentration every turn, keeping your WP up while dishing out high damage.

I may change this though, Fire feels kind of stunted with only SIP and Wrath so I may switch out uppercut for Celestial Sword. i would still be able to do the air infinite wp combo, it would just lack the damage of a leveled uppercut but would give a bit of range as well as giving me a spell which costs less than 3 ap (which my current build lacks).
You know Flurry combo uses 2 WP and 4 AP (then refunds 2 AP), and involves throwing Jabs, right? Also that you can only use 1 Flurry Combo per target, since Uppercut is 2/target.

EDIT: In addition, you only get +2 AP from the first Flurry Combo, as Motivation state doesn't stack.
woops, I meant jabs, not flurry

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #832635  Replies : 1513  Views : 54305
posté February 20, 2015, 21:08:42 | #4
I love the new Iop. It more or less fixed everything that bugged me about the old iop while adding some mechanics that move them away from spam Flurry and Wrath.

Right now I am going a pure damage build:

Air: Flurry, Gust, Uppercut
Fire: SIP and Wrath

by using 2 Flurry combos and then an Uppercut combo you can hit 100 concentration every turn, keeping your WP up while dishing out high damage.

I may change this though, Fire feels kind of stunted with only SIP and Wrath so I may switch out uppercut for Celestial Sword. i would still be able to do the air infinite wp combo, it would just lack the damage of a leveled uppercut but would give a bit of range as well as giving me a spell which costs less than 3 ap (which my current build lacks).

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #832231  Replies : 1513  Views : 54305
posté February 20, 2015, 17:40:39 | #5
I..I. had almost given up hope that this day would come. It's a holiday miracle T.T

God bless us, every one!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #832124  Replies : 14  Views : 440
posté February 19, 2015, 22:51:43 | #6
Honestly guys I think these forums get a little too intense when it comes expecting new content. Im not saying we shouldn't ask for it or share our opinions about it, Im just saying that the only reason any of us bother posting on these forums is because we play the game, and I don't know about you guys, but I don't play the game for content that hasn't come out yet. I play wakfu because of what it already has.

I don't know if you guys remember when the dev team was basically Grou, but things have been coming out much more quickly, a lot of problems have been solved and a lot of systems have been improved since his time. (and no offense meant to Grou, considering the amount of stuff he had to balance and develop, not just for classes but also for areas, mobs, and items I think he did an amazing job and have a huge amount of respect for him).

Not trying to go all self righteous or anything but I think its good to remember that the state the game is in currently is a much better place than it was a year ago even if they didn't hit all the points listed in the 2014 roadmap. The fact that they hit as many as they did considering we had a new dev team in addition to completely revamping items and character progression as well as getting the token system going again is pretty amazing.

Keep up the good work ankama.

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831917  Replies : 55  Views : 2667
posté February 19, 2015, 22:27:23 | #7

Quote (Wishie @ 19 February 2015 15:26) *
I'd love it if outlaws were easier to find and easier to be dealt with. I don't want to have to turn on my PVP every time there's someone chopping down trees in Holey.
A thought on this. What if there was an option to activate PvP as a guard for your nation? You would only be able to aggro outlaws in your nation and wouldn't get any merit or gloryorbs but you would get hometeam buffs to fight them and get a compass pointing to the last illegal act committed by an outlaw. I think this would allow people to defend their nations without the inherent complexities in the current pvp system. It would also add some flavor to the political/war system.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831913  Replies : 60  Views : 1595
posté February 19, 2015, 21:48:53 | #8
It really does just come down to luck for drops. My first run of Wa I dropped a Wa's Cwown. My second run I dropped a Wa Wamulet. My third run I dropped another Cwown. All of this with like 10pp. Since then i have run it dozens of times and maybe dropped 2 pieces of low rarity gear, or as a friend calls it "rune powder in clothing form."

This was my first experience in almost 2 years playing of dropping anything legendary or above and I haven't dropped anything of note since. Your day will come.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831906  Replies : 53  Views : 1614
posté February 19, 2015, 21:40:21 | #9

Quote (Vokhine @ 19 February 2015 21:12) *
QQ (I know I keep saying that :wacko Would there be any issues if got a head start and began leveling up without my gf ? Would she still get experience if I were higher level than her? I'm new to this game so I'm not sure how the experience mechanics work.
Experience decreases by 10% for every 10 level difference between you and the monster you are fighting. So generally its not a big deal if you want to get a head start as she will be getting full xp if fighting a monster of her level. Even there was a 10 or 20 level difference between her and the mob, the increased experience given by higher level monsters tends to offset the decrease from level difference. This is generally true all the way up to a 30 or 40 level difference. So if you wanted to get ahead and level you could fight mobs on your level and drag her or you could fight mobs on her level, either would be profitable for her xp wise. Also keep in mind that you get bonus xp for grouping. The bonus is small for just a party of 2 but its still noticeable.

In short, leveling a bit ahead of her shouldn't cause issues.

Also keep in mind that iops and cras are getting revamped so if you pick them you may need to relearn everything. Iops in particular are getting several mechanics that add a bit more complexity to the class versus their current modus operandi of "all my class passives and specialties give more damage for sitting in the corner and looking badass"

Pandas are a great class because they are one of the few I feel that you really grow into. At first you are just hitting stuff and maybe throwing a barrel but as you gain ap and such you can really grow into a unique build and to match your playstyle that can range from simple to complex.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831903  Replies : 24  Views : 467
posté February 19, 2015, 06:55:28 | #10

Quote (Kukulcaen @ 18 February 2015 18:21) *
It would be amazing if the intro and world mechanics were explained by a Morgan Freeman-like character wearing a white suit.
Hiring Morgan Freeman to do the intro is now the only change that matters.

Also, adding more gear that gave bonuses to crafting and harvesting would be awesome. Maybe a mount that gives negative combat stats, moves super fast, but you can harvest while mounted on it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831696  Replies : 60  Views : 1595
posté February 17, 2015, 23:57:28 | #11

Quote (Delaz @ 17 February 2015 23:24) *
SImple, give different IP bonuses to groups whether it's more exp or increase drop rates.

The fact that this is not already a thing saddens me greatly. Even just how drops work encourages solo play as it is more effective to have one character with high PP to farm for a specific item than it is for a group.

Solo all drops will be rolled with your high PP. In groups, unless you are fighting a boss or farming for resources, there is an even chance that the low pp characters get to roll for the sought item and then they roll with their terrible pp score.

I don't care how they do it but there should be some inherent benefit to grouping outside of their current experience bonuses because as it stands, it's still faster to solo grind xp because you don't have to wait for anyone else.

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831335  Replies : 192  Views : 4540
posté February 17, 2015, 23:44:58 | #12
Also keep in mind that the more elements a piece of gear buffs the less damage it tends to give.

For example 4 rings of the same level and rarity will give different damage percentages based on the number of elements they buff so:

4 elements (general dmg) < 3 elements < 2 elements < 1 element

This is true in most cases so you generally you want to only buff the elements that matter to you when it comes to item selection. Not to say if you come across a really awesome piece of gear that buffs 3 or 4 elements you shouldn't use it, just that there is often something better that is more specific to your needs if you really want to optimize.

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831331  Replies : 7  Views : 317
posté February 17, 2015, 22:29:28 | #13
It would be amazing if... Hello my friends,

In this thread I would like people to list things they would like to see added to existing systems in game. If you have an idea to improve group finder, pvp, mounts, crafting, etc. please list it below as well as why you think that change or addition would be beneficial. I ask that you keep the guidelines listed below when creating a post.

• Please you keep your posts light and upbeat, "It would be amazing if ___!"
  • Try not to tear down other people's ideas. If you disagree, just post your own idea or add to theirs. Do not point out the flaws in their reasoning or put them down.
  • This is not a bug or glitch thread, so please don't treat it like one.
  • Avoid class or level specific content. I find few things more irritating then trying to look up something and I run into a 3 page argument about a class I do not play or dungeons I do not care about or cannot run. (Note: if you have an idea for an item or something that may benefit players as a whole, feel free to post it. I would just like to make sure everyone has a vested interest in the proposed change.)
  • Try not to point out or emphasize flaws in the game or the developers. This includes sarcastic comments like "Ya, if ankama ever gets around to finally releasing the craft revamp." Content comes out when it comes, if you have an idea for the craft revamp, post it, but don't get snarky.

Here are a few of my ideas:

It would be amazing if there were areas that would once a week, become contested in such a way that nations would have to contend with each other to win them. There could be specific prizes for most enemies slain or most damage taken given to participants as well as national bonuses for winning an area or three. I think this would emphasize the whole "warring nations" thing as well as add an interesting aspect to pvp while also allowing players who play more supportive roles to participate more actively in a pvp settings. I am sure you could even come up with a clever way the Riktus clan could get involved.

I think adding a random queue to the group finder would be awesome. If I could just go to a dungeon and sign up for random queue as a damage dealer or something and then go do whatever until I get a full six. Maybe a feature could be added so that pre-built groups that were missing a player or two could sign up to have the spot filled by this queue as well, either by a random role or a selected one. Also a feature where you could be in queue for multiple dungeons at once and then drop out of the queue when you enter a group for one of the dungeons you wanted. I think this would be awesome because a lot of times I need gear from multiple sources and any of those dungeons will fit the bill.

I would love to see these changed implemented.

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831302  Replies : 60  Views : 1595
posté February 17, 2015, 21:46:31 | #14

Quote (celestialknight @ 17 February 2015 13:23) *
(Craft revamp I'm looking at you)
Ahh the craft revamp. I still gush about that to my friends as a reason to play. They don't care, I know they don't care, but the changes they mentioned where so good I can't seem to stop myself.

Alas, I find myself saying, "that will one day eventually be really unique and good" a lot about this game.

I still have hope though. Keep the faith my brethren, and one day we will stand atop the peak of Mt Zinit together, singing praises to the developers and glorying in the unique and quirky charm that drew us all here in the first place.

Keep the faith my brethren.

Wakfu for life

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #831280  Replies : 55  Views : 2667
posté February 11, 2015, 00:51:11 | #15
What would be really amusing is if they made Lost deal damage at 2 cells away. If you did it right, you could scald and wrath in one turn and they would have to choose which flavor of fire they would like to be covered with.

I would PvP just to troll with this combo.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #829200  Replies : 1513  Views : 54305
posté February 11, 2015, 00:36:06 | #16
I really love the idea of the group search feature but the way it's set up is not intuitive. I think a lot of people don't use it simply because they open it up, click a few buttons, then give up.

I think a better way to do it would be to integrate the interface with each area. So if I am looking for a group to run Spore, I would have to go to the dungeon and register for that dungeon. Alternatively you could go to the area clan member to find mob groups. This would work power leveling limitations right into the system. If you added something that unregistered players when they log off it would make sure the group or individual listed was there recently and actively trying to run that dungeon. Unregistering players who enter other dungeons might also be a good idea.

This could simplify the interface a lot because you would literally have 2 tabs, individuals and groups, maybe even add some sort of random queue that grouped small groups and individuals into a full six. This would be a lot less overwhelming and ensure that what you are looking at is relevant to what you want to do.

This is just idle speculation, but I hope that Ankama can take this tool and make it into something a lot easier to use and lot more powerful because as it stands, there a lot of people who don't use it.

-Vis

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #829190  Replies : 5  Views : 1046
posté September 05, 2014, 21:12:48 | #17
My biggest complain is the unusual aoe some classes have. Like Iop spell Judgement. hits three cells in a line, so does the the third target just take reduced damage? And what about AoE targeting a cell 3 away but it hits a target 2 away with the AoE? Are we just out of luck?

Although I will admit to briefly considering a close combat cra which would be possible with this change. lol

-Vis

This post has been edited by visitor888 - September 05, 2014, 21:14:24.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770772  Replies : 32  Views : 2067
posté September 05, 2014, 21:09:06 | #18
Free Nation Respec? With the coming changes to guilds and nations and PVP, do we get to re-select our nation? That would be nice.

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770766  Replies : 11  Views : 515
posté September 04, 2014, 05:48:01 | #19
Keep in mind guys that these lower level relics will have lower token costs and higher drop rates on fragments (drop rates get lower as item level goes up for those who don't live in the forums, lvl 150 items will be about 50% easier to drop).

Much of these changes are because a level 125 relic used to be "end game" exclusive. Now that we are starting to get up to 200 they will release new relics that will have clear advantages over the the lower level ones that I'm sure will be just as difficult if not more difficult to obtain than what we see on live servers currently because it will be the real "end game" content. The only real difference will be the degree of certainty we get from tokens. Im sure in the not too distant future a lvl 200 dungeon will require like 5 runs per token and all the hardcore naysayers will be pacified.

This migration of endgame is also why wabbit mobs, which once were so difficult for there level will be re balanced to a more appropriate difficulty for mid game content.

In short, I am not worried about a lack of difficulty because it's ankama, They will, inevitably, screw their players with overly difficult content. Give them time.

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770105  Replies : 50  Views : 1956