Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

visitor888's profile
Statistics
40 Posts (0.11 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 18:12:59 | #1

Quote (Gynrei @ 21 August 2014 14:48) *
I'd place Masq's higher but they're a close combat class for the most part and charging full tilt double in tow may be great damage it also tends to mean death without a PA from a Feca. Same goes for classes like Iop. I've seen too many one million dmg% Iops die again and again from poor decisions.

^
Lol fire masqs. sure they burst for 6k in one turn, but it's only for one turn because they rarely get a second.

As someone who mains Iop I can honestly say it took a while to get to the point where wasn't dying after 3 turns. There are ways to play close combat damage dealers effectively. people complain that Iop's are too simple a class, but the gameplay can be quite complex. The vast number of idiot Iops who dive balls to the wall first turn and die the second are a testament to the few who can survive the whole fight while still getting their combo off each turn.

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765106  Replies : 33  Views : 485
posté Yesterday - 17:13:54 | #2

Quote (Thebystandard @ 21 August 2014 16:43) *
well I want to compare all spells at a single level, so whether that is lvl 100 or 200 the difference is the exact same.

Also from what I am reading if you want to trigger aging + init loss it can only happen every other turn.

And for those turns that ur not aging with ini loss you have to use hand or punishment?

So aging only benefits single target dmg?
Yes aging only benefits single target damage every other turn.

But keep in mind that on the off turns you gain massive AoE on all your fire spells. So its give and take, a good xelor uses the tick/tock mechanic to their advantage instead of being limited by it.

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765084  Replies : 33  Views : 485
posté August 20, 2014, 21:07:44 | #3

Quote (JerryDB @ 20 August 2014 20:20) *
Solo as in one single person playing one single character.

One person using multiple accounts or one person using mutlimen is not soloing.
Really? that makes my friends claim of having solo killed DP so much less impressive .

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764816  Replies : 10  Views : 359
posté August 20, 2014, 19:12:54 | #4
Ranged, Combat, AoE, Single Target Dmg Explained I've seen a lot of confusion about this on the forums (looking at you Zhao) so I thought I would clear it.

These secondary damage bonuses will trigger based on the spell used, not on the distance to the target or the number of targets hit. They do NOT operate like challenges where you fail for killing something 2 spaces away with Iop's Wrath.

Instead each spell will be affected by two of these bonuses. So Ranged or Combat, and Single Target or AoE.

So for example, Iop's wrath will always have Combat and AoE damage applied, even if the target is not directly adjacent to you. So even though the target is 2 spaces away, it will still hit with all of your combat damage.

The reverse applies. So if a ranged spell hits a target that is adjacent to you, the ranged damage buff will still apply, while any combat damage will not.

Again, these damage buffs do NOT operate like challenges. They are based on the spell, not the relative distance to the target. This adds a lot of continuity to the classes because instead of worrying about all the different ranges with your OP fire Iop, you can just stat for Combat damage and blow things up.

The information for which spell falls into which category is not yet available but the devs will add the information to spell tool tips in-game.

-Vis

*Shout out to Mango for being awesome

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764787  Replies : 12  Views : 425
posté August 19, 2014, 18:45:33 | #5
Nox Connection issues Every time I login, it takes multiple attempts to connect to the Nox server. The updater is fine, I login in fine, but when I click on Nox it times out or disconnects or something. I often have to relog 5 or 6 times before it will connect. I have no issues connecting to remington, just nox.

I know I am not the only one with this issue. Having spoken to several friends who also have Nox accounts, they run into the same issue frequently.

Please fix it.

-Vis

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #764484  Replies : 2  Views : 71
posté August 19, 2014, 08:48:08 | #6

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 19 August 2014 07:28) *
To be fair -they are addressing the drop issue in September remarkably well - at least from what I can tell so far.
What better way to celebrate better drops than even better drops?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764337  Replies : 15  Views : 482
posté August 19, 2014, 08:45:47 | #7
2 weekends in a row I call in sick for work, ankama wants me fired.

Thread : News  Preview message : #764335  Replies : 11  Views : 509
posté August 18, 2014, 20:15:01 | #8

Quote (Szega @ 18 August 2014 17:46) *

Quote (visitor888 @ 18 August 2014 17:09) *
How will spells like Iop's Wrath and Analoxyde be affected by close combat damage? will only enemies standing immediately next to you get the full amount of damage?
The distance of your target is irrelevant. If you cast a distance spell, even in close combat, it will still use distance bonus and not melee. Melee spells use the close combat bonus even if they affect someone further away.
I weep with joy.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764182  Replies : 268  Views : 6513
posté August 18, 2014, 17:09:18 | #9
Just a quick question about Close Combat damage.

How will spells like Iop's Wrath and Analoxyde be affected by close combat damage? will only enemies standing immediately next to you get the full amount of damage? if so that seems a little unfair as ranged aoe spells like steam palm will always get both AoE and ranged buffs.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764135  Replies : 268  Views : 6513
posté August 15, 2014, 17:37:45 | #10

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 26 June 2014 03:21) *

I am going to hang this picture on my wall right between my family and Jesus.

Thank you, for changing my life.

-Vis

PS. Since this is a feedback forum might as well say something about Enurado. Totally dig all the hidden Kama chests, very cool. now I just need a bucket for the Kama waterfalls XD.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #763359  Replies : 9  Views : 876
posté August 15, 2014, 17:12:01 | #11
Quest Bug, Fungus Temple I cannot complete the fungus temple. After I get the gap jump shoes thing and do everything else, I cannot cross the 3 gaps to get to the boss.

-Vis

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #763345  Replies : 0  Views : 41
posté August 15, 2014, 17:09:58 | #12
CP Haven Bag glitch When I have negative CP I cannot enter my haven bag. I see it appear momentarily and then disappear but I don't enter it.

-Vis

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #763342  Replies : 0  Views : 17
posté August 15, 2014, 17:06:46 | #13
Token Machine Bugs The Hagen Daz Token Machine icon appears when I mouse over where it should be, but its clearly not there and I cant use it.

The Fungus Dungeon Token machine does not have Dark Vlad's Epaulette Fragments listed.

-Vis

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #763340  Replies : 0  Views : 29
posté August 15, 2014, 16:49:53 | #14

Quote (Genrou @ 14 August 2014 23:50) *
I don't understand. Are they removing CMC? If so, why? Is it being compensated in any manner?

Isn't that the same thing as slapping anybody who is currently using cmc damage to up their damage? Rogues, Osa, anyone else?

One of the Devs on Mango's stream said that a damage conversion would be added to appropriate passives. this will allow classes traditionally dependent on CMC damage to actually build damage for their spells while at the same time buffing their summons.

The question posed to the Devs was osa specific so not sure what they will do for other classes but they are also flagging previously CMC dependent abilities for the secondary damage bonuses. For example, glyphs and bombs will be buffed by ranged and aoe damage bonuses.

Quote (ChubbyWaffle @ 15 August 2014 15:43) *
I don't understand why they are making combat dmg.
Only Iop and Sac has close combat now (sram being revamped with the general update).
Iop is probably getting revamped to use range too.

Which leaves sac.................

LoL, Ranged Iop would point to things and watch them disintegrate. All the damage from all 10 squares of Wrath piled onto 1 target at a range of 50. Call it wrath concentrate.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763337  Replies : 100  Views : 3320
posté August 15, 2014, 10:34:56 | #15
This whole thread makes me laugh. All I have to say is welcome to the game, where politics and ecosystems affect damage. Ankama wanted people to take an active role in game management, so they hit 'em where it hurts if things get out of balance.

My baptism by fire was much worse, I thought that being a bandit gave me some sort of buff. By level 40 I had over 15k disobedience points just waiting for some buff to hit. I took Jumpin Jungle in Sufo from overpopulated with trees (I think there was about 900 when I started) down to 2. seriously, 2. Never could find those last 2. Had people hunting me for a week solid before I decided it wasnt worth it and spent a solid 30 hours in prison.

Now I am a model citizen with 18k CP. Live and learn I guess.

Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763254  Replies : 35  Views : 653
posté August 14, 2014, 22:19:01 | #16

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 14 August 2014 21:20) *
Thats fast, ty mango! You need to show up in the ankatracker as you give more useful info than all community members combined.

maybe a new MangoTracker?
^^

Seriously bro, Ankama needs to start sending you a check. You have done more to calm and inform the community recently than any Dev or Mod (No offense Sabi. We love you!). They need to just put you on the payroll already.

Vis

PS, Will there be an in-game indicator for spells that shows which secondary damage buffs apply? It would be nice to just mouse over the spell and see "oh, that's melee and aoe" without looking it up.

This post has been edited by visitor888 - August 14, 2014, 22:21:47.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763043  Replies : 268  Views : 6513
posté August 14, 2014, 08:22:54 | #17
Good ideas, but I would rather Ankama fix basic mechanics and obsolete features first before attempting what for them would be a balancing nightmare. They would implement it, nerf it, nerf it again, buff it, and then revamp the whole system, twice.. In the end it still probably wouldn't be what you were looking for.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762846  Replies : 8  Views : 221
posté August 13, 2014, 21:21:19 | #18
Market Interface Changes After coming from Guild Wars 2, I was quite disappointed with wakfu's market system.

The market boards search functions are absolutely horrific, if you don't use enough letters you are asked to refine your search. If you use the level search function with any other function it simply doesn't bring anything up. Outside of the bugs it has no inherent organization to the items listed.

You can't organize items by stat, rarity, value, type or name so you are left to using the bugged search functions in hopes of finding what you need. There is no list of most popular items or most commonly listed items so unless you are looking for a specific item, the chances of you stumbling on something you would actually buy or an exceptionally good deal is slim to none unless you are willing to comb through everything on the board. This combined with the fact that its only listed for a limited time and it charges taxes for every re-listing discourages players from posting items there at all. After all, your niche resource only a few will want isn't likely to sell in only 24 hours and relisting is expensive and time consuming. easier to drop it. Or better yet, list it in your haven bag!

The haven bag economy is the equivalent of 50 little kids setting up lemonade stands right next to each other. Sure you might get lucky and find something nice, but is it really worth the time to look through everything in every bag? Should we have to? Not only that but listing it in your haven bag cost money too so you never take it down and it just sits there. if you're lucky someone might just buy it, someday, you hope, if they see it, and if you happen to be logged off while they are logged on. Someday...

Since none of this really works what are you forced to do? The lowest of the low, so archaic is this it makes me cringe every time I see it. Standing in a crowded place for hours, copy pasting WTS ITEM in all caps. Haven't we evolved beyond this? High level gear never even sees a market most of the time because taxes are too high and not enough people see it.

Perpetuating all this are the separate markets. Having a nations, Kelba, and Astrub market is absolutely infuriating and ridiculous. While I understand the benefit of a no tax board available for guilds who have worked hard for one, the fact there are 3 separate boards I have to check on a regular basis is a ludicrous and primitive notion.

On top of the issues with selling, this makes buying specific items and resources way harder than it should be, no because of the prices, but simply because you can't find them in all the different marketing venues. Even if you look it may just come down to timing. When did the listing expire or when is that person out of their haven bag. Once again we are reduced to standing on the corner only this time we have WTB on our clipboard while we watch netflix in the background.

For a game that prides itself on it's unique political, social, and environmental mechanics, the market system not only lacks the imagination and creativity I have come to expect from Ankama, it lacks basic functionality or even a semblance of cohesion.

Please fix it.

-Vis

This post has been edited by visitor888 - August 13, 2014, 21:23:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762727  Replies : 5  Views : 229
posté August 13, 2014, 20:36:49 | #19

Quote (Brokonaut @ 11 August 2014 18:34) *
No worries. The new Iop will indeed be an engaging class that makes you think a little bit more than just spamming Jabs and Iop's Wrath all day long.

The same applies for all classes that one might consider simple to play right now. Almost all classes should be easy to play effectively for most intents and purposes, and difficult to master in the trickiest scenarios where only ingenious plays and strategy can prevail (for example undergeared vs. higher content). That is a point I forgot to mention in my previous post.

• Mango

Some of us like spamming Jabs and Iop's Wrath all day. I am personally quite happy with the current philosophy driving Iop game play, "Punch it in the face. P.S. explosions"

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762720  Replies : 422  Views : 18115
posté August 13, 2014, 20:23:10 | #20
Hey you never know, maybe that's someones idea of a good time. By someone I of course mean the sick bastard at Ankama who designed this thing and gets good laugh about it every time he thinks of some poor noob looking for the "feed to max" button.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762715  Replies : 7  Views : 178