Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

visitor888's profile
Statistics
275 Posts (0.38 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 26, 2015, 21:10:21 | #1
I love threads like this. The Devs are always made out to be the bad guys when most of you people have no idea what a job in content development of any kind is actually like.

The community begs for nerfs, buffs, improved systems, new high level content, new low level content, more story, more dungeon, better pvp, better politics, guild pvp, nation pvp, better market, more character customization, new crafting, more grinding, less grinding, harder fights, easier fights, more social play, more solo play, and on and on and on.

Meanwhile the guy who signs their paychecks pushes new ways to make money with in store items, packs, heroes, costumes, promos, etc. while vetoing most of the ideas they come up with and altering the rest beyond recognition. All the while getting after them for not meeting their deadlines.

Then you have the dev, who tries to come up with unique content while keeping the community happy. Sounds great right? NO. Because the boss man stomps all over their proposed ideas while twisting the ones he keeps into ways to keep the company afloat. The devs are accused of ignoring community and having no interest in certain aspects of the game. So they end up rushing from one project to the next trying to keep their bloodthirsty playerbase in check while desperately trying to keep their boss and marketing happy. A juggling act no one can keep up forever.

Meanwhile they try and implement content into code that has seen so many programmers who where focusing on getting the job done no matter how quick and dirty the method that trying to go back and update something would require a near complete reorganization of the code. They do the best they can but of course there will be bugs when trying to weld something new into this Frankenstein's monster they wrestle with daily.

I am honestly surprised the devs stick around as long as they do. So to all the people had at work at Ankama, thank you.

-Vis

TL;DR I know dem feels devs.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #901979  Replies : 219  Views : 4028
posté August 21, 2015, 21:24:26 | #2

Quote (LazyPhoror-Phaeris @ 18 August 2015 00:27) *

Quote (Lukinerx @ 17 August 2015 18:15) *
so event only for artists or someone who have artist as a friend so he/she will draw something for him/her?

lame...
Every contest so far was some form of art.
I consider programming an art as well, will there ever be a contest for us programmers?
Give us access to Wakfu source code, and who makes the best improvement wins.
This is the best idea in ever. As a player who isn't going anywhere, having access to the source code would mean I get insanely familiar with it, and I would hunt down and kill every bug that ever did bug me.

Hell, even if they just used this for backend stuff and had us go over it before something was released I think it would be a great addition. Every 3 months a new patch getting released, a few weeks before that, let the games begin.

I can see it now, Pre-Patch Bug Murderfest 2015! Person with highest kill count gets a semi-original costume that will be on sale within 3 months. FOR BLOOD AND GLORY!!!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #900558  Replies : 76  Views : 2610
posté August 21, 2015, 20:42:55 | #3
Why is this not already a thing?

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #900547  Replies : 12  Views : 583
posté August 21, 2015, 20:17:51 | #4
Anybody who feels crafting does not need a significant rework has clearly never leveled chef.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #900543  Replies : 12  Views : 768
posté August 20, 2015, 21:28:38 | #5
Honestly I don't mind the hero subscription model. Ankama has done a good job of keeping the booster pack at a low price and if this is meant to be a defining game feature, I can't imagine they will make it terribly expensive.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #900256  Replies : 326  Views : 5829
posté August 20, 2015, 21:15:33 | #6
100% Feca fml...

I almost always prefer support classes in games, but all I ever see them do in Wakfu is fail to do as much damage as my Iop.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #900252  Replies : 85  Views : 3200
posté August 19, 2015, 23:11:37 | #7

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #899969  Replies : 11  Views : 744
posté August 19, 2015, 23:07:27 | #8

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 19 August 2015 22:54) *

Quote (Madd1 @ 19 August 2015 22:52) *
Is this a serious post? If I have to do 100 runs of content at 30 minutes per run that's 3000 minutes, or 50 hours. If that time doubles due to content difficulty for 'tactics' that grind just turned to 100 hours.

Please explain to me how 100 hours of grind is better/less grindy than 50 hours of grind.

Anything that increases time investment needs to increase drops by the same coefficient or it isn't worth the time of day.

Peace,
- Madd
You play the game to have best gears possible easily, or you play the game to have fun?
Why not both? It's fun to have the best gear.

In all seriousness though I find the fact that I need to run a 2 hour dungeon 100+ times to get the gear I need a bit excessive. Fun the first 100 times maybe, the second hundred feels a little repetitive.

This post has been edited by visitor888 - August 19, 2015, 23:09:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #899964  Replies : 55  Views : 1849
posté August 18, 2015, 00:52:31 | #9
Or maybe instead of re-inventing the wheel and implementing something that would piss off the majority of players and cause a special brand of hell with everything that could go wrong in such a transition.

They could just improve the game as is.

Did you even consider all the implications of making this change? as soon as the announcement was made half the higher level players would just leave. The other half would farm low level dungeons with their currently overpowered toons as soon as it was announced. This would leave them with max gear and nothing to work towards.

They would literally have to rebuild the game from the ground up just to accommodate these players or they would get bored and leave. To address this without totally reconstructing the game they would have to server wipe. And since this is a change to the entire game, they would wipe every server.

Congratulations, your idiocy has just ended Wakfu. Do you feel good about yourself?

This post has been edited by visitor888 - August 18, 2015, 00:55:06.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #899223  Replies : 42  Views : 1426
posté August 18, 2015, 00:39:08 | #10
I like how the negativity thread has so much negativity. Beautiful symmetry.

Keep up the good work guys.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #899220  Replies : 24  Views : 1113
posté August 18, 2015, 00:31:20 | #11
Wait a few levels and try the Spore dungeon. Then try the HC Spore dungeon. The difficulty spike is real in there.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #899219  Replies : 55  Views : 1849
posté August 18, 2015, 00:20:58 | #12
The only we reason we push so hard for change is because we aren't going anywhere and we know it. This game had me from day one, and no matter how much I complain about it sometimes, I always come back to Wakfu.

Thank you for creating an amazing experience!

-Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #899215  Replies : 29  Views : 1306
posté August 13, 2015, 00:53:22 | #13

Quote (Agosta @ 13 August 2015 00:40) *

Quote (visitor888 @ 13 August 2015 00:33) *
I am usually the first to back Ankama when things get rough. Try to be lighthearted when bugs are introduced. Have myself a little celebration on Hotfix Day (my pet name for patch day) and more or less stand with them when it hits the fan.

I gotta say i am having a tough time with this one guys. One person or group of people has literally destroyed an integral part of the game and and all Sabi is giving us is the "investigation" line. A line I have heard before and have unfortunately learned to interpret as "Should we choose to implement a solution, it won't make a noticeable difference".

At this point drastic measures should be taken. This needs to be fixed, or at the very least stopped until a permanent solution can be found.

I would prefer the server not be wiped, simply because of the amount of time I have sunk into my account. But I have no problem with a middle ground solution such as closing the market until the perpetrator is caught.

If this proves impossible then maybe a kama and inventory wipe. Clear the boards, guild chests, haven bags, clear everything. You keep what you have equipped and get 1,000 kamas for every character level over 10.

At this point I would take anything. Just give me my game back.

Then what happens to the people who legitimately have hundreds of millions? Butter on Dathura had over a billion since last year iirc. That's a middle finger to him.
I know its not a great solution. I'm just frustrated and want to get away from this situation

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #897821  Replies : 56  Views : 2370
posté August 13, 2015, 00:33:30 | #14
I am usually the first to back Ankama when things get rough. Try to be lighthearted when bugs are introduced. Have myself a little celebration on Hotfix Day (my pet name for patch day) and more or less stand with them when it hits the fan.

I gotta say i am having a tough time with this one guys. One person or group of people has literally destroyed an integral part of the game and and all Sabi is giving us is the "investigation" line. A line I have heard before and have unfortunately learned to interpret as "Should we choose to implement a solution, it won't make a noticeable difference".

At this point drastic measures should be taken. This needs to be fixed, or at the very least stopped until a permanent solution can be found.

I would prefer the server not be wiped, simply because of the amount of time I have sunk into my account. But I have no problem with a middle ground solution such as closing the market until the perpetrator is caught.

If this proves impossible then maybe a kama and inventory wipe. Clear the boards, guild chests, haven bags, clear everything. You keep what you have equipped and get 1,000 kamas for every character level over 10.

At this point I would take anything. Just give me my game back.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #897813  Replies : 56  Views : 2370
posté August 07, 2015, 21:52:36 | #15

Quote (shankissimo @ 07 August 2015 14:49) *
On the other hand, Earth element is usually the tankiest and Single Target, so you should be looking for pieces with most Block, Resist even though it completely depends on what you are building for. If you would specify you want to be more tanky or more ranged or damage dealer you would surely get more advice.
Lol, tank Rogue OP

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #895877  Replies : 5  Views : 198
posté August 07, 2015, 21:42:14 | #16
The problem is really exaggerated at lower levels because there are just so many more dungeons. Gobball, Tofu, Piwi, Celestial Gobball, Tofu, and Piwi, Three Pistes, Scara, Plant, Zwordfish, and blibli all before level 40. Most of those have separate entrances in every nation.

As soon as you get to the Islands, that number is limited to 3 or 4 dungeons that people run depending on the level and they all use the same entrance. Traffic definitely picks up.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #895875  Replies : 14  Views : 603
posté August 07, 2015, 20:54:10 | #17
This thread has done nothing but highlight how profoundly alone I am QQ

Still a cool idea though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #895859  Replies : 40  Views : 1666
posté August 06, 2015, 00:44:59 | #18
Earth fire works great. You lose out on some of the consistent damage that Air gives you but your burst will be insane. Having both charge and super iop punch for you focus combo will open up many opportunities.

This also opens up that passive that buffs all you ranged spells. It sounds a little odd for Iops, but try sitting on your standard with king of the hill and just watch as you rek things from a distance. It's way more effective than you would think.

You could also go with an AoE build that could get fairly crazy.

The cool thing about the deck system is you can just pick how you want to play and then go for it.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #895216  Replies : 1  Views : 886