Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

visitor888's profile
Statistics
179 Posts (0.31 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 00:36:39 | #1
If you get concussed by Flax (the debuff that increases spell costs) attacking with weapons dodges the additional cost. Yech'ti'wawa has a reflect that can also be bypassed with weapon attacks. There are a few other interactions but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844391  Replies : 19  Views : 284
posté March 27, 2015, 22:17:14 | #2
They did something similar to Pandas a while ago. Resistances still operate the same way they are just removing the notation to make it easier for players to calculate their stats. On a mathematical level, there was no change, the buff is the same.

On a practical level, since Resist was calculated into Final Resist anyway, it was confusing to have a final final resist that was calculated after the final resist was calculated from resists when the same thing could be achieved by simply adding the appropriate amount to the base resist.

In short, this is not a nerf, its a clarification.

I can just imagine the dev teams conversation when this occurred to them though.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Trying to get that secondary final resist to reflect in the stats window"

"Hmm... Did you try just increasing the base resist to reflect the correct amount?"

"Good idea, but if we do that, then whats the point of having a secondary final resist at all?"

"I...hmm... I don't know"

".............f*** "

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844060  Replies : 23  Views : 747
posté March 27, 2015, 22:08:57 | #3

Quote (lSushi @ 27 March 2015 22:05) *
Can someone explain to me what the change to Powerful Shooting was in the previous patch?

It now says : 3% final damage for 1 Range Bonus (At level 20).

Does this mean if I have.. for example, 5 range, I get a 15% final damage bonus permanently?
Yup, it also used to cap at 20% final damage, but now that's gone.

Now all you need is 34 bonus range and you can break 100% final damage just for being awesome.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #844052  Replies : 10  Views : 504
posté March 27, 2015, 20:44:07 | #4

Quote (Neneko88 @ 27 March 2015 18:43) *
Shaker limit to 4 per turn is great! Before I had to waste AP on 2 rocknoceros but now I have a spell that is intended to be used up close and not have to worry about left over AP
That fact alone is convincing me to switch from air/fire to earth/fire

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #844022  Replies : 1621  Views : 64991
posté March 27, 2015, 20:05:18 | #5
Am I doing prospecting wrong? Looking at my screen right now, it says in my stats I have 45pp.

But when I add it up from everything I should have substantially more.

40 from pp flask

20 from Shock Absorber

10 from guild

10 from Haven world

5 from area

That comes to 85.

is the pp flask just not showing in stats? or is this a bug? I looked at it again in a fight and it was still 45.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844015  Replies : 3  Views : 223
posté March 27, 2015, 18:26:17 | #6

Quote (SacridTaco @ 27 March 2015 17:46) *
I don't think I'm mentally prepared to read Sadida fangirl posts for the next 3 months.
Oh no. I hadn't even considered that.

I...

am afraid

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843997  Replies : 210  Views : 4743
posté March 27, 2015, 17:06:55 | #7
Fecas get shields.

Pandas get map manipulation.

Iops get a tactical nuke every few turns.

The fact is that everything the iop can do from mobility to tanking, another class does it better. The exception is damage. Can't we have that?

Old Iop and new the flavor has remained the same, deal damage to deal more damage. If that doesn't work, we recommend more damage. In case of emergency, apply more damage.

Defensive stance and all the other stuff simply lets us live through the downtime while staying in the fight. But PvM or PvP, our response to any and every mechanic boils down to hitting it till it breaks.

Of all the mechanic heavy fights in PvM Iops are essential for exactly none of them. Now they can contribute by dropping a bomb on the boss when his allies bring down his invulnerability. This is what we bring to a fight, this is why you party with a Iop. Not because of the tanking or map manipulation, mobility or lock. Damage.

If they were to actually nerf Iop damage to be balanced with other classes I would be left asking myself why I play the class. Srams deal more damage and are more mobile, Pandas have better manipulation, Fecas are better tanks. Where the hell does that leave me?

As to PvP, before we say anything, let us pay homage to our God and King of PvP, Lord Feca! Praise his name so he doesn't step on us like the insects we are. And a salute to his second in command, the mighty Sacrier. Now that we are passed those two, I win about 50% of matches against Srams of equal gear and level on beta right now. Really comes down to how well they play and how well they know the Iop and his counters.

Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843975  Replies : 53  Views : 1247
posté March 23, 2015, 23:10:08 | #8
Big hits vs Little hits I have a heard a number of different theories about this so I thought I would ask.

Which is more effective, lots of low cost spells or a few large cost spells?

In a 10ap build if I have a 2ap spell that deals 20dmg and a 5ap spell that deals 50dmg, spending all 10ap should deal the same amount right? Even with final damage it should come out to be the same.

Is this right or am I missing something?

Vis

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842710  Replies : 8  Views : 427
posté March 20, 2015, 17:21:46 | #9

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 20 March 2015 16:37) *
these Cra changes, especially on storm, it's like I'm finally being heard. :.D

also making sip a second turn boom id's an interesting solution.
I agree, it is an interesting solution. Just nerfing the damage would have turned me off of SIP. This makes me want to keep it.

It also opens the combo up to low levels, focus one turn then 2x SIP the next means you could do this as soon as you unlock the spells.

Also, separating focus from SIP makes focus more of a utility in its own right instead of a means to maxing out one move.

To me, these changes only emphasize what the revamp was intended to accomplish, that is making the Iop fill its described paladin role. He still does high consistent damage, but forgetting that buffing allies is now a huge theme in his kit would be a mistake.

This contrast from the old Iop is kind of throwing me, his overall role has been more clearly defined and its not quite what I thought it was. Still, the more I play him, the more I love him.

-Vis

Thread : General  Preview message : #841658  Replies : 170  Views : 5004
posté March 20, 2015, 16:25:31 | #10
If you are more concerned with whether its allowed, Ankama has stated that multiboxing is allowed. You can have as many accounts as you want, on as many or as few computers as you want. The fact that your sister would have one or more as well won't make a difference.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841636  Replies : 3  Views : 289
posté March 20, 2015, 16:20:45 | #11
Honestly I love my costume and the way it makes me look. I would hate to have to give it up in the name of remaining competitive when things start getting balanced around having an extra piece of statted gear.

If you want to give us more variety with something like this then expand on insignias.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841633  Replies : 87  Views : 2999
posté March 20, 2015, 16:09:10 | #12
sigh, I knew the nerfs were coming.

Jabs buff does make me happy though. Even if I decide not to take it, it was so iconic to the old Iop that it warms my heart to see it get some love.

Thread : General  Preview message : #841627  Replies : 170  Views : 5004
posté March 20, 2015, 04:10:36 | #13
I admitted to not knowing much about the cra, but the more you talk about the iop, it becomes increasingly clear that you have no clue what you are talking about. A iop will NOT be sitting at 20% final damage from power the majority of the time. It takes about 3 turns for the average Iop to sit at 20% constantly and they can only maintain it if they use their entire combo with an uppercut combo or two thrown in every single turn. Otherwise it sits at about 15% or under, usually under.

Concentration Final damage and UC Combo final damage are both preparation which caps at 20 and thus, do not stack.

As to increase, it can only be feasibly maintained more or less constantly if you use little or no other wp. The 2 wp cost just cant be sustained for long. Can iops get more final damage stacked up than any other class? Yes, I never said they couldn't. But no one in their right minds would actually do it in a real fight. Its just too damn expensive.

Also, you are taking my post out of context and its really beginning to irritate me. My intent was not to say that Cras are just as powerful as Iops, I was trying to indicate that Cras have a role, they fill it well, Iops could not fill that role.

Also, in my last post, outside of saying I dont know enough about cras, everything I said was to correct your misconceptions about iops, If you actually read it you probably would have noticed that.

Lastly, I was not going with a gut feeling, I was going with what buffs you had listed for that cra in your post and comparing it objectively to what buffs a iop could feasibly use, not what they could technically use, with the base damages of explosive arrow and iops wrath as a reference. I even stated in that analysis that if a Iop did happen to dump his entire wp pool into final damage that it would deal significantly more damage, but no iop ever actually would except perhaps in extreme circumstance and they knew they wouldnt get another turn or perhaps simply to show they could. Barring that, damage would be comparable unless wrath procs lost, in which case it will deal more damage. Again, I stated that in a previous post.

Do you even read these or do you just like to bicker? Either way, it is clear that I am not the only one who failed to study the details of the other class, but at least I have the decency to admit it and have striven to be up front about it.

I will not be responding to you again. It has become clear that objective discussion is out of the question with you.

Thread : General  Preview message : #841471  Replies : 170  Views : 5004
posté March 20, 2015, 00:15:11 | #14

Quote (AoKishin @ 19 March 2015 23:47) *
Devs, clicking 163 times everytime you do a reset is a pain, really.
You can hold the mouse button down.

But your point stands.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841390  Replies : 14  Views : 337
posté March 20, 2015, 00:10:59 | #15
oh, oh, we should see who can come up with the best back story for him!

Here goes...

A tragic lad born of parents who's love transcended the barriers set by society, race, religion, and peoples. His mother an Osamodas, his father an Enutrof, our young hero inherited a unique combination of their abilities. His affinity for gold and riches combined with his innate ability to communicate, befriend and train animals and monsters of every variety made him the apple of his loving parents eye.

Sadly, word spread of his unique abilities and unusual appearance. Prejudice and fear spread as rumors swept through the countryside surrounding their cottage. Tales of the monster and his terrifying powers sparked a mob unlike any seen in living memory. His parents, ever loving, made an offering to his mother's deity, Osamodas, in hopes that their son could gain some divine protection. Alas, Osamodas replied "This half breed is none of mine, I will not have him!"

With heavy hearts, his parents desperately threw themselves onto the mercy and greed of the god Enutrof, knowing that there would be price for his assistance. So great was the love for their son that they were willing to sacrifice anything if it meant he could live. Enutrof, recognizing the child's power agreed to grant him protection and immortality and even allow him to visit occasionally, promising protection for his parents as well. The price, was the child's eternal servitude...for a reasonable wage of course.

His parents could not bare to part with him however, the price was to high. They could not in good conscience sacrifice their sons freedom for a chance to live. Enutrof was wise however, and left them a golden elixir. He told them, "should the child drink this before the sun rises, a deal will be struck. When the gold of this potions turns to rust, you will know the time has passed." He then departed back to his realm.

The mob came. They destroyed the farmland, the mines, and the livestock before moving onto the house demanding that the child come out. When they wouldn't send him out the mob broke through the door. His father rushed them, trying to hold them back but soon disappeared amid the seething mass of bodies. His mother stood over him, shielding him with her body while he stared at the mob in horror. Suddenly the bottle of elixir was kicked across the floor into his hands by the mob. Unable to bear the thought of losing his beloved parents. He drank.

True to his word, Enutrof appeared, cowing the mob with his draconic visage until they fled. He healed the boys parents and promised them peace and protection for the remainder of their lives before leaving with the boy. To this day he serves as chief administrator for the God Enutrof. Overseeing the various animated workers in their functions as well as seeing to the protection and growth of his benefactors vast fortunes.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841387  Replies : 19  Views : 1164
posté March 19, 2015, 23:19:56 | #16

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 March 2015 14:52) *
with a booster) right now I level x3 alts to 120 in a handful of hours. (to do treasure hunts for kama)
That's...ingenious

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #841354  Replies : 125  Views : 13392
posté March 19, 2015, 23:10:52 | #17

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 19 March 2015 22:42) *
That cra you showed was able to spike on the last Explosive because of Arrow head. You don't need UC combos for preparation, similar to how that cra timed a Sharpshooter Arrowhead for the last explosive, an iop can time a Preparation after 100 concentration.

That cra only spiked on the last explosive because it was Crit, backstab and arrow head.

An Iop can already do more dmg than that with Power and Increase backstab crit, it doesn't even need preparation or Uppercut combo to top that explosive damage.

Not only that, Close combat damage bonus absolutely dominates any other form of item bonuses end game.

Comparing an end game Iop with an End game Cra, the Iop would still do much more damage.
Perhaps you are right, I am not familiar enough with the cra to continue debating this nor do I have the resources on hand to research it more extensively without my boss getting mad at me. A few points of contention about the Iop however.

First, a large portion of Iops do not max the passive that grants concentration for the simple reason that investing 10 levels worth of points into it to get a preparation bonus that requires players to possibly limit their moveset one turn to ensure it falls on a powerful attack the next is an unappealing notion. Particularly when it does not stack with itself when granted by a 0ap combo that you can use whenever you want. Also, the amount of set up to make use of it on a wrath that is actually worth blowing increase on would be immense. Possible, true, but very difficult and more likely to happen by luck than anything else. Even if you managed it that is still 4wp spent on a single turn and if you just got preparation from maxing concentration, you no longer get a guaranteed wp return without additional combos anyway as concentration would have reset.

Also, you lose 40% of your power each turn. Meaning that it is very unlikely that power would still be above 100 and granting the full 20% bonus. Its far more likely that power for the first wrath would be sitting between 12 and 14%, even less if you had to cut yourself short the turn before to get preparation on your first wrath.

Regardless, my point is that while I may not know an extensive amount about the cra, I have seen several that not only acquitted themselves admirably and contributed significantly to fights, but genuinely impressed me with their damage on several occasions.

This post has been edited by visitor888 - March 19, 2015, 23:12:56.
Thread : General  Preview message : #841347  Replies : 170  Views : 5004
posté March 19, 2015, 22:42:15 | #18

Quote (Delaz @ 19 March 2015 22:05) *
Just to throw my two cents, looks like basically all Iops are Iop brains. Focus you should be going for side-stab not back-stab.
I feel like a iop brain most fights for this very reason. Its just playing a Iop so long my instinct is always to hit from the back when I can and I dont realize my mistake until Im already standing there feeling like an idiot.

Thread : General  Preview message : #841333  Replies : 170  Views : 5004
posté March 19, 2015, 22:35:51 | #19
A question occurred to me. When looking through your equipment list i noticed that several pieces of gear were hybrid instead of tri. Can you explain your reasoning behind this? Wouldn't it leave one of the elements weaker than the others? Do you have any recommendations for gear that provides more equalized damage?

The reason I ask is because I am toying with an idea for a tri build:

Fire: Judgement, SIP
Earth: Shaker, Devastate
Air: Jabs, GG

The idea behind the build is that I would be able to unload a full 12ap of damage from any element should the opportunity arise. I would also have AoE and single target options for each element. With this in mind, it would be more important to have high percentages for each element and I am unfamiliar with tri build gear. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Vis

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #841331  Replies : 21  Views : 3180
posté March 19, 2015, 21:59:35 | #20

Quote (ReiYano @ 19 March 2015 21:40) *
I have heard a lot of people throwing prices around. where are you getting these silly estimates? The price needs to be somewhat reasonable for people to buy into it. I wouldnt pay more than 20 dollars for one and that is only 11.000 ogrines....
$20 per slot? Too rich for my blood.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841315  Replies : 61  Views : 2125