Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Outlaws ,eco terror and Game rules protecting criminals
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté October 15, 2013, 09:32:13 | #81

Quote (LurksInCorners2 @ 12 October 2013 12:23) *

What made Bontarians elect you to be governor 4 times in a row...? Or was it just all your alts and your guildies alts that rigged the vote?

Nobody is actually voting. Politics in this game are meaningless. If his guildies get rallied to vote for him that will be enough since nobody else bothers to go and vote.

@Thread topic: This is a well known and unsolvable flaw in game mechanics. Griefing is possible, punishment is not.

Ankama is not willing to solve this since they feel any option of punishment will be disturbing their carebear style of game development while at the same time not recognizing that griefers do that much more.* If an Outlaw gets killed they should lose all their gear or 10 levels or whatever. That willl shut petty griefers up quickly.

However, by acting all macho manly and trying to "hunt down the perps" you are just making it more fun for the griefers. Just ignore them for gods sake. They will get bored eventually. Who cares about nations anyway? Guilds have HW now to plant stuff.

Outlaws aren't anything else than roleplayers. They have no actual impact on the game unless you let them and get involved. Same goes for the "politicians".

____________________________________________________________________________________

*Btw nobody in this game has been even trying to grief properly. If I were to go that way nobody would ever plant or harvest anything in game again....there is so much more efficient ways here to screw people over and sooner or later some asshole will come along and do this kind of stuff. Maybe then Ankama sees how imbalanced their mechanics are.

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - October 15, 2013, 09:32:43.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-04-01
posté October 15, 2013, 19:00:29 | #82
To be honest, this thread is kind of pointless now isn't it.. I mean the whole point of having an outlaw system is to have people be more mischievous if they choose to play such a role in game. Try not to take things so seriously, the guy isn't doing anything wrong. If anything he is merely enjoying his gaming experience by making use of the outlaw system/option. As far as i know he hasn't stolen or been impolite about another players resources. As one of Brakmar's former Ecologists i do however realize and admit that it is quite annoying to have your hark work destroyed, yet as the nations government that is your job. Sometimes you have to suck it up and keep working hard for your nation.
Just like the Government, Outlaws also don't have that many options if they chose that path for themselves in game yet both are just trying to make the most of the idea that was implemented by ankama. My opinion, let outlaws be outlaws, everyone should have the freedom to enjoy the game the way they would like to play it.

- Tali ^^

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-10-21
posté October 16, 2013, 03:14:06 | #83

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 15 October 2013 19:00) *
To be honest, this thread is kind of pointless now isn't it.. I mean the whole point of having an outlaw system is to have people be more mischievous if they choose to play such a role in game. Try not to take things so seriously, the guy isn't doing anything wrong. If anything he is merely enjoying his gaming experience by making use of the outlaw system/option. As far as i know he hasn't stolen or been impolite about another players resources. As one of Brakmar's former Ecologists i do however realize and admit that it is quite annoying to have your hark work destroyed, yet as the nations government that is your job. Sometimes you have to suck it up and keep working hard for your nation.
Just like the Government, Outlaws also don't have that many options if they chose that path for themselves in game yet both are just trying to make the most of the idea that was implemented by ankama. My opinion, let outlaws be outlaws, everyone should have the freedom to enjoy the game the way they would like to play it.

- Tali ^^
Outlaw system = broken.

Government play style = verging unplayable because of abused broken Outlaw system.

Expressing frustration that this brings is not pointless; it is what forums are for, and can ultimately attract attention of those who can bring change to this situation. But it is getting kind of pointless now, since a large chunk of people have seemed to have put the position of Outlaw onto a pedestal, while shunning the position of Government as some great evil that needs to let the obvious abuse of flawed game mechanics run rampant or just put up with it and let it ruin their game-play while they spend large chunks of time replanting.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-10-12
posté October 16, 2013, 09:24:11 | #84

Quote (Casey-Smith @ 15 October 2013 02:23) *
I'm sorry, but I don't see you making any decent effort to come up with any answer yourself. So I guess it will have to continue like this, and you'll just have to put up with it as it is an in-game mechanic (aggroing a guild because of one person's actions), just like them destroying the eco-system of nations.
Of course I'm not answering these questions. They don't apply to me.
And why should I have to sit back and put up with it? Isn't that exactly what this thread is about? Standing up and bringing attention to something disagreeable, an issue if you will? The mechanic of aggroing is not what I'm disagreeing with though, it's how it has been used and the justification of this usage with which I disagree.

Although I have heard anything about recent aggros (excluding one that happened in the past week or so even after Kmatt - the outlaw - was no longer a part of the Southern Cross guild), the proof in the pudding is that this doesn't even matter to the outlaw as he's still doing it, right? Like HybridGear said, he's not going to stop.

In any case, good luck with solving the problem. Just think a little bit more before you antagonise a group of people, it's possible that it may result in more than just a two-party feud that's fun for nobody.

posté October 16, 2013, 12:42:57 | #85

Quote (Casey-Smith @ 16 October 2013 03:14) *

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 15 October 2013 19:00) *

- Tali ^^
Outlaw system = broken.

Government play style = verging unplayable because of abused broken Outlaw system.

Expressing frustration that this brings is not pointless; it is what forums are for, and can ultimately attract attention of those who can bring change to this situation. But it is getting kind of pointless now, since a large chunk of people have seemed to have put the position of Outlaw onto a pedestal, while shunning the position of Government as some great evil that needs to let the obvious abuse of flawed game mechanics run rampant or just put up with it and let it ruin their game-play while they spend large chunks of time replanting.
Oh i completely agree ^^ the forums are indeed here for us to express our ideas, opinions, frustrations and concerns etc. ^^ yet complaining won't get anyone anywhere, it's counterproductive. It seems we all agree that the government and outlaw systems are somewhat broken. Thou the ideas of those specific systems are really nice, its hard for players to take on certain roles because there's basically nothing to support them in the roles chosen. Please don't misunderstand why i said this thread has become slightly pointless now, i merely said that because most of everything being said has either already been mentioned or side arguments started which has little to do with the topic/initial concern raised.

- Tali ^^

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - October 16, 2013, 12:47:17.
Short Strich * Member Since 2013-06-16
posté October 16, 2013, 17:29:11 | #86
Having fun around here ^^ (number still increasing)

This post has been edited by HybridGear - October 16, 2013, 17:33:04.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté October 16, 2013, 21:00:29 | #87
Alright guys, here's a very simple way to ruin the game for outlaws: ignore them.

Refuse to trade with them, party with them, speak to them, buy their items in the market, or so much as pvp with them unless they aggro you.

This entire thing is doing nothing but make matters worse so just stop and declare a complete embargo by everyone on the group of outlaws ruining the ecology and hence taking our damage bonus.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté October 16, 2013, 22:20:16 | #88
This is impossible because some ppl will trade with them anyway . I did set the law that makes trading with outlaw forbidden but ppl doesnt care much about this...

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-10
posté October 16, 2013, 22:34:22 | #89
I wish I can Kill them non stop ..but thank you Ankama.

This post has been edited by MEMW909 - October 16, 2013, 22:37:16.
posté October 16, 2013, 22:43:10 | #90
safe zones shouldnt exist, because they are always used by mofos, good people are never atacked .
Outlaws should be unable to use zaaps and dragonturkeys, they should not be able to use markets, they should be token on maps .

This post has been edited by Batmanoman - October 16, 2013, 22:43:52.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-10
posté October 16, 2013, 23:14:31 | #91
I think Ecoterrorists makes ankama a favor.

people get mad and woried about this and forget the 23872937283 bugs and exploits.

posté October 16, 2013, 23:43:24 | #92

Quote (Batmanoman @ 16 October 2013 22:43) *
safe zones shouldnt exist, because they are always used by mofos, good people are never atacked .
Outlaws should be unable to use zaaps and dragonturkeys, they should not be able to use markets, they should be token on maps .
Safe zones exist because people abuse the power they have, innocence or how good you are does not matter to some and i have seen and heard of many players suffering this way. When it comes to power and cruel authority things never work out fairly. It seems you hate outlaws, but remember it's a game of freedom and the option to be an outlaw is there, if you don't like it then just ignore them like others have stated and enjoy your game. Eventually outlaws grow bored if not given attention.

- Tali

posté October 16, 2013, 23:45:59 | #93
I am Governor I cant be ignorant . I have resposibility .
Kurwa mać!!!

posté October 17, 2013, 00:18:46 | #94

Quote (Batmanoman @ 16 October 2013 23:45) *
Kurwa mać!!!
As many have stated already, currently the way both the government and outlaw systems are, not much can be done about this situation until ankama updates them. Honestly that's all i have to say to you, which isn't much.

- Tali ^^

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté October 17, 2013, 15:53:26 | #95
Ok something must be done with the rules and how they are applied to players who abuse it... this is bullshit:

posté October 17, 2013, 19:29:20 | #96

Quote (Batmanoman @ 16 October 2013 23:45) *
Kurwa mać!!!
May be it is time to let it boil over onto the citizens as well, in hope they will see this abuse and build a large volume of people to complain about this abuse of the outlaw system.

posté October 17, 2013, 20:01:13 | #97
Now that is what it means to be a nation! X3
ever consider running for governor? if not then you should totally give it a shot x3

~ Tali ^^

posté October 17, 2013, 20:24:50 | #98

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 17 October 2013 20:01) *
ever consider running for governor? if not then you should totally give it a shot x3

~ Tali ^^
Well if all nations did this, and then were directed to this as the reason as to why citizens do not have bonuses, it might start putting pressure onto Ankama to do something... As it is, only a small amount of people have to put up with this 'ie Government' and people seem to be all too eager to vouch for the other side or calmly accept how things are 'ie say nothing can be done, and try to convince others to sit on their hands'.

I don't see why this isn't a viable option; it might make governments look bad to some people too, but it can't be fun to be government and have your days filled with looking after the eco-system of the nation.

posté October 17, 2013, 21:05:36 | #99

Quote (Casey-Smith @ 17 October 2013 20:24) *

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 17 October 2013 20:01) *

~ Tali ^^
Well if all nations did this, and then were directed to this as the reason as to why citizens do not have bonuses, it might start putting pressure onto Ankama to do something... As it is, only a small amount of people have to put up with this 'ie Government' and people seem to be all too eager to vouch for the other side or calmly accept how things are 'ie say nothing can be done, and try to convince others to sit on their hands'.

I don't see why this isn't a viable option; it might make governments look bad to some people too, but it can't be fun to be government and have your days filled with looking after the eco-system of the nation.
Hmm you have a valid point, perhaps if ankama were to enable a new system where governors come together with troyle to discuss such matters once a month or something, we would all feel like we are being heard. Governors would have a much bigger and more important role already and communicating with your governor as a nation would have a purpose, currently people are just messaging the government expecting them to change and fix things yet they are not really able to do much.
Also true that telling people to let things go and just wait and see is easier than actually doing something about these issues yet ultimately everyone is still waiting to see what ankama has planned for us regarding changes to systems such as the government and outlaw ones...

~ Tali ^^

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-07-24
posté October 18, 2013, 17:38:25 | #100

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 16 October 2013 23:43) *

Quote (Batmanoman @ 16 October 2013 22:43) *
Safe zones exist because people abuse the power they have, innocence or how good you are does not matter to some and i have seen and heard of many players suffering this way. When it comes to power and cruel authority things never work out fairly. It seems you hate outlaws, but remember it's a game of freedom and the option to be an outlaw is there, if you don't like it then just ignore them like others have stated and enjoy your game. Eventually outlaws grow bored if not given attention.

- Tali
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's encouraged to attack Outlaws, not so? Then why provide them with a sanctuary? Surely if you start breaking laws you will expect it to have repurcussions? Why give them a "Get out of jail free" card?

At the moment being an outlaw is merely a badge to wear for trolls. Add some risk to it for them so they at least think twice before going "hey, lets go be a f****tard".