Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Outlaws ,eco terror and Game rules protecting criminals
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-04-19
posté October 19, 2013, 05:56:11 | #101

Quote (Batmanoman @ 16 October 2013 22:43) *
safe zones shouldnt exist, because they are always used by mofos, good people are never atacked .
Outlaws should be unable to use zaaps and dragonturkeys, they should not be able to use markets, they should be token on maps.
I am glad that this thread has become a much more appropriate discussion about the government and outlaw system. Many ideas being put forward here are great concepts and I do sincerely hope Ankama is paying attention to these. Despite this, and I don't intend to send this conversation backwards, but I hear that members of Southern Cross are still being aggroed for "being associated with kmatt" when he is no longer a member of that guild. The good people of Southern Cross are being attacked, with the catalyst being yourself. This contradicts your argument.

Why should these good people continue to be attacked when they're doing nothing wrong? Let's use a metaphor to demonstrate my point. Think of this as a real-life situation:

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
One particular, very odd, man belonged to a specific area called Scross. His name was Matt. Matt had a habit of going to other people's towns and stealing all of their plants, making all of these other townspeople angry at him. The leader of one town declared that, to stop him, if they see anybody from Scross they should all kill them on sight. One day, a member of the Scross community is minding his own business, going about his regular daily activities when suddenly, out of nowhere, some person he doesn't know comes charging at him with intent to kill. The man from Scross tries to defend himself but more strangers come to kill him. Eventually he is overwhelmed and brutally murdered. Other members of the Scross community are threatened to remove Matt from their area or the killings will continue. Not knowing what else to do, the rest of the community votes to expel Matt from their area, expecting the killings to stop. Some time passes and more are killed and the good people of Scross have no idea what to do. They have activities and dealings relevant to this one town but their people are killed on sight because these people still think that the people of Scross associate themselves with Matt. To this very day they're hesitant to go to this town in fear of being brutally murdered, justified because someone in the area they lived in did wrong by this town.
So do you understand the moral of the story? Just because somebody knew a criminal, doesn't mean they should be killed for it. Seriously, what the hell kind of logic is this?
The reason I put effort into doing this is because I want to suggest to you, the governor of Bonta, to please try to stop the Bontarian public. Southern Cross has expelled Kmatt from their guild and no one else within their guild has done anything wrong. If you still share the same opinion as your public, that Southern Cross should all die, well... all I'm going to say is: expect the unexpected.

This post has been edited by LurksInCorners2 - October 19, 2013, 07:41:03.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-10-20
posté October 19, 2013, 15:11:21 | #102
@Lurk

Why would you even think to associate real life death with in-game; which can be remedied with a cup of coffee or a statue of an orange bird? =_=

Also, this is just what happens when people start getting very irritated, and there are no real means to broadcast to every single person that 'kmatt is no longer part of this guild'. Even so, some people just want to vent out their anger since their anger can not be directed onto anything that yields true results, because the mechanics are broken. So it does have logic to it. Not that it has a possibility of achieving anything other than personal satisfaction.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté October 19, 2013, 16:41:26 | #103
If there is something that upsets me more than anything then its when people try and use excuses for being a jerk and/or trying to tell others who to play with.

It would have to be a cold day in hell before i ever let anyone tell me who i can or cannot play with, so if its death by association then so be it, anyone who feels they disagree with what i have to say can feel free to agro me in game since i know Kmatt as well. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

How is attacking others who have done nothing wrong but know a person, logic?
I don't see it, honestly.

I understand why Lurk used a irl example, the game is not real for sure yet for some, the friendships formed in it is. Keeping that in mind, be it irl or in game, we all have one friend that we care for but who does bad things every now and then, would you feel it's fair if you were punished for what they chose to do.. It doesn't make you a bad person for wanting to be there for a troubled friend, if anything it only means your trying to be a good friend. So to those that don't mind others telling them whats good and bad for them, who to know or not to know, be my guest and bow down to the what ever groups will but i would rather die than do so. Also, if you are taking out your frustrations on others who are innocent, then surely (in my opinion) you have to re-evaluate you maturity.

This thread is taking a weird twist yet some points are quite valid and worth talking about.

~ Talisa

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - October 19, 2013, 16:42:46.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté October 19, 2013, 19:31:07 | #104
TL-DR:

1 - They are already revamping the outlaw system.
2 - Planting is fine now, its way easier to get a desired number of mobs on chillberg etc etc.
3 - Don't feed the Trolls, there is soo many exploits and bugs that area bonus dosent matter (aka the invunerable exploit still up since last major patch).
4 - Stop crying. It's easier to ruin the Ecosystem than keeping it, just face it.

This post has been edited by IvanSouza - October 19, 2013, 19:34:10.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-03-19
posté October 19, 2013, 23:21:13 | #105
I wish u the best, seriously

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-06-15
posté October 20, 2013, 01:07:25 | #106
YAY

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2007-10-26
posté October 20, 2013, 01:42:30 | #107
Deal with it xD

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-06-15
posté October 20, 2013, 02:21:44 | #108

Quote (Batmanoman @ 20 October 2013 01:42) *
Deal with it xD

Ok you win this time xD *brofist*

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-02-05
posté October 20, 2013, 12:11:53 | #109
IMHO I think that is better let them do this. Outlaws r too advantaged with this system right now; if someone aggro them, they can escape in few minutes (5 minutes more or less) and this sucks a lot xD Maybe they'll getting bored doing that I guess, I'll wait and at the same time I'll do my best for fixing bonuses when it needs. No worries, they just want some attention, if u aggro them, they have fun and have the attention that they need ^^
- Kass

This post has been edited by AsunaKotomi - October 20, 2013, 12:12:11.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-07-15
posté October 20, 2013, 12:24:31 | #110

Quote (AsunaKotomi @ 20 October 2013 12:11) *
IMHO I think that is better let them do this. Outlaws r too advantaged with this system right now; if someone aggro them, they can escape in few minutes (5 minutes more or less) and this sucks a lot xD Maybe they'll getting bored doing that I guess, I'll wait and at the same time I'll do my best for fixing bonuses when it needs. No worries, they just want some attention, if u aggro them, they have fun and have the attention that they need ^^
- Kass
So don't aggro them, I guess. I just hope I don't have to lay eyes on one. Because I don't want to. Seriously, fix the system the game is practically based around, Ankama? Loyal Brakarian, out!

-Firlow-

posté October 20, 2013, 13:06:17 | #111
Okay, I haven't written in this particular section of the forum for some time already, but one individual actions yesterday took it to another level. [Redacted] has been eco-terrorizing Amakna already for days and yesterday he even attacked guards few times and some guy who just happened to be afk in Holey Forest area while that rogue was seeding cracklers to gain himself minus citizen points. And what is more frustrating - he chose to unbalance the most hard to clear areas - holey forest and emelka. With new seed growth time it's just pain in ass to clear these areas, while they can just warp in with drago or zaap (in emelka), seed quickly and warp out again. We spent almost an hour and had to summon people from two guilds to drive him and his thug away and clean up the mess. But this just can't continue daily....
~Poetesse.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Itsade - November 02, 2013, 17:19:24.
Reason for edit : Name removed; name-shaming
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-02-05
posté October 20, 2013, 13:13:15 | #112
It sucks, everyone knows, but now outlaws system is like this. They can take transport like dragon, boat, zaap, and escape from jail in few minutes. I hope that Ankama will do something soon, now is useless aggro them, they want attention and I don't wanna give it.
-Kass

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté October 20, 2013, 20:11:00 | #113
I guess our dear outlaws are underestimating the power of Amaknian eco-squad. We have a lot of active members, some are able to one-shot a huge group of treechnids (my iop for example :p), some are planting counter balance species and some are guarding zaaps at the same time. Holey and Emelka were broken yet again recently, but got fixed in less than an hour. So, if someone wants to keep up messing here, okay, feel free to do it, but don't get your hopes too high - barely people would notice your awesome actions because the eco-squad will work faster. :3

- Aho, the Ecotreasurer of Amakna.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-04-19
posté October 21, 2013, 12:45:08 | #114

Quote (Casey-Smith @ 19 October 2013 15:11) *
@Lurk

Why would you even think to associate real life death with in-game; which can be remedied with a cup of coffee or a statue of an orange bird? =_=

Also, this is just what happens when people start getting very irritated, and there are no real means to broadcast to every single person that 'kmatt is no longer part of this guild'. Even so, some people just want to vent out their anger since their anger can not be directed onto anything that yields true results, because the mechanics are broken. So it does have logic to it. Not that it has a possibility of achieving anything other than personal satisfaction.
To clarify: I was simply trying to bring attention to the fact that it's still happening - a contradiction to Katanie's argument - and hopefully they could remedy this, as a means of broadcasting such things would be the same medium used to inappropriately vilify SX; the Governor's message. I may have been a little flustered at the time and I realise now that my efforts towards this purpose are likely in vain, but I digress.

I will no longer lurk in this thread, 'tis a thread no longer to be woven.
Deuces.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-07-08
posté November 05, 2013, 10:54:13 | #115
I once become an outlaw in Flyff Online(I Hate Kill-stealers). Of course players attacked me relentlessly but its not because they want to be vigilantes or something. They want my items. Yes My equips drop after I died as an Outlaw. I lost fortunes because of that until I quit the game because I'm dirt poor because of my own doings.

So here is an Idea, Item drop on Outlaws, Equipment Trophies, and stuff. You feeling me?
It goes to show that crime is not cool even in-game as it is in IRL.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2008-04-20
posté November 05, 2013, 13:06:59 | #116

Quote (Ylohliarg @ 05 November 2013 10:54) *
I once become an outlaw in Flyff Online(I Hate Kill-stealers). Of course players attacked me relentlessly but its not because they want to be vigilantes or something. They want my items. Yes My equips drop after I died as an Outlaw. I lost fortunes because of that until I quit the game because I'm dirt poor because of my own doings.

So here is an Idea, Item drop on Outlaws, Equipment Trophies, and stuff. You feeling me?
It goes to show that crime is not cool even in-game as it is in IRL.

Losing items is way too far and also i'm against for further punishment...Being an outlaw should have more positive interfaces to it...Like a boundy for killing them instead...And outlawns also should have advantages.I hate them but they should have some bonuses...at least outside the fight...Maybe a black market which decreases the user's cp and can be acessed by non-outlaws as well and can be "attacked" by other players...Like a criminal market station where punchs and kamas are always welcome with its own clan menbers(a rogue maybe).
And with "elections" for an outlaw king\queen would be cool as well :3

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté November 05, 2013, 17:49:41 | #117
Agree with Maxi, the game is kind of boring now when it comes to politics, outlaws ect. Absolutely NOTHING is happening, which is kind of ironic because politics and wakfu/stasis thing is suppose to be important here, yet you see much more action in almost any other mmorpg without politics.

Outlaws should be rewarded in some way and their action should make sense, not just destroying to destroy, but they should actually gain something from being the bad guy, like items or kamas.

On the other hand, people (guardians) should be rewarded for catching an outlaw and the punishment for their action would be, i dont know, jail and losing some kamas or something like that.

There must be a punishment and a reward for both, being good and bad, otherwise nothing will ever happen in this game.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-01-08
posté December 19, 2013, 11:47:12 | #118
Geez took 1 ad a half hours to read this thread, and no one has noticed that the outlaw is giving us a chance to earn CP and feel more involved with the game and Maxi had great suggestions.