Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

AoE class?
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-09-20
posté July 20, 2013, 22:26:57 | #1
AoE class? So I've always played AoE damage dealers and I was wondering which class would be best for that? I'm currently playing omni enu but soloing is a horrible pain and there's not really much players doing low level dungeons from what I've seen. Not to mention getting AoEs with the fire spells feels awfully gimmicky because of the spell ranges and range shapes.

I used to play Feca using glyphs for long distance damage but I tried that again and it seems the build has been completely destroyed and that style of playing just doesn't work anymore. And they are getting a revamp which from my understanding will make it even harder.

I'm hesitant towards Xelors currently because aren't they getting a revamp any day now?

I used to play in the beta and for a while in the latter part of 2012 but it seems my knowledge of the classes is very outdated. So any suggestions for a good AoE damage dealer?

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté July 20, 2013, 22:53:14 | #2
Iop (Fire, Earth)
Cra(Fire, Earth)
Panda(Fire, Water)
Rogue (Fire)

For absolute best, I would say as melee, Iop. Range, Cra. Situational but holy shit is it effective, Rogue.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-17
posté July 20, 2013, 22:57:08 | #3
Well, you've got lots of options.

If you're going for strictly ranged AoE DD, Fire Panda, Fire Xelor (or Air Fire hybrid could work), Fire Cra has a lot of AoE options.

Melee your options increase a lot... Fire Fog, Feca, Mask, Water Panda (could be considered ranged but the barrel is gimmicky and tends to lead to Melee, I suppose you could say this for Fire Panda Springer too), Fire or Earth Iop have AoE options. Earth Panda has a variety of melee AoEs as well as does Fire Eca.

If you're into weird AoE's Fire Rogue and Air Rogue have abstract options and Earth has one abstract AoE as well.

I'm sure there are lots more but those are the ones that come to mind.

Honestly, there's probably more, but you'd need to be more specific about what you want. You want a Cross2 13 Square or just various AoE options?

posté July 20, 2013, 23:09:25 | #4
I was thinking more towards ranged which is why I included my previous experience with feca in the opening post so Iop and revamped feca (whenever that'll be) are kind of out by default. As far as the pattern of the AoE I'd think the more varied options the better since 2cross can sometimes be a better option than 2circle (ankamas circle seems to mean "all the squares you could get to using x mp").

Also I don't shy away from dual or omni elemental builds so you can suggest those too.

This post has been edited by Mithdiart - July 20, 2013, 23:16:32.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté July 21, 2013, 01:53:13 | #5
Every class has some aoe spells except just Sram who have only single target spells.

Earth osa and fire osa got nice aoes (earth one got 2 cell circle while fire got cross of 1 aoe's with different ranges and some even with no LoS).

The best aoe in terms of size have rogue because it can combine bombs placed near eachother to create the "Wall of Fire" wich is a zone that hurt anyone who step on it's cells. However you will need at least 3 mechanics to do it. Bombs itself are square of 1 aoe's and one is with circle of 2 aoe.

Cra has nice aoe spells combined with beacons, be it as earth or fire (or even air).

Fire masqueraider is also a beast if it comes to aoes - it is melee but has lots of jumps and rush-forward spells. Its more interesting then an iop.

Panda as earth is pretty cool with its funny aoe's. Water one is not that great for that as you need to have barrel near targets to aoe them, wich just makes it oftenb too difficult to work. Fire has some nice aoe's and i think it will fit you the best.

Earth sadida got cool aoe Manifold bramble and some... random earthquake aoe wich might hurt you tough, but manifold bramble themself are really cool (and animation is awsome). Water sadida has cross cell aoe (rust) but its very weak if you dont use it to buff dolls while hurting enemy. Air sadida has nice push "aoe" also cross of 1, but because of the push you will most likely use it once on 5 target max, then they will be out of range for 2nd cast to hit them all. It's more of a handy push then aoe actually.

Ecaflip (fire) got cool aoe, but it might heal enemies instead of dealing dmg - its cool but you will have to be ready for gambling. Water ecaflip got awsome "aoe" that is actually a glyph that once placed - hurt all enemies in the zone and heal ally (or ecaflip) if its also standing on those cells. And to make it cooler it trigger dmg to all enemies at start of each enemy turn (those on cells). It can, however trigger max 3 times to all enemies. Still pretty awsome, though it cost WP.

Foggernaut also has some cool aoes as fire (and 1 as earth and 2 as stasis). You should really check it out, maybe it will be even better for you then fire panda.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-06-11
posté July 21, 2013, 03:01:09 | #6
dont give up on fire feca, the fecastopheles glyph rapes =)

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté July 21, 2013, 04:55:32 | #7
Theres a lot of AoE but I like Fire cra and Earth osa

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté July 21, 2013, 05:30:15 | #8
I would strongly consider an earth cra - probably 10 ap if you wanted to go pure aoe. With the new spell revamp this will give you lots of options; double piercing, which imo has the best aoe in game, probably because its a rebound. So you can hit 5 or so characters across a great distance + additional damage from your beacon, or hit around allies with your snazzy rebound ;D. If you need a more single target damage output you could use 2 lashing arrows and 2 riddling arrows, then go into using 2 lashing and a destructive after stacking riddling.
The only drawbacks I can conclude from earth cras is playing with Linear spells, whether it be destructive arrow or piercing. Piercing however can be cast at an angle, but if it is the damage is lowered. With the ability to place a beacon which rebounds the piercing arrow it shouldn't be a huge problem. Destructive arrows damage is justified to having the spell cast in line only though, which is good ^.
I guess you wont be beacon sneaking too much either - as you will probably have an earth beacon out as a damage source, but with lashing arrow your only mp costing spell you should be free to roam the battle field!

Although this is just from observation as I play air cra ^^

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-07-14
posté July 21, 2013, 06:02:07 | #9

Quote (MikuH4tsun3 @ 21 July 2013 03:01) *
dont give up on fire feca, the fecastopheles glyph rapes =)
I agree!
The revamp's just a proposal, so it can change anytime besides, its from november 2012.(if youre referring to the revamp thread).

posté July 21, 2013, 23:04:30 | #10
Well I decided to give feca a shot again (hoping that the revamp in january doesn't nerf glyph build) and after getting the first mechanic point I'm loving the glyph stacking for crazy fecastopheles or meteor damage. Just as fun as I remembered  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté July 21, 2013, 23:18:36 | #11
Get an Earth Panda to level with, that'll make it even more fun when they push stuff around onto your fire glyphs.  

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-06-04
posté July 21, 2013, 23:42:25 | #12
Foggernaut easily.

Edit: Almost every single Fire spell AoEs, Microbots AoE, Aynaloxide AoE's, Stasis Strike AoE's, the Cybot AoE's... and that one Earth spell.

Foggernauts can go into Motherfogger mode and AoE in Earth Damage, Stasis Damage, and Fire Damage..

Also the Fire and Oil passive AoE's anyone that hit's him in CC.

All the other classes don't have as much AoE as the Fogger, lol.

This post has been edited by stayhumble - July 21, 2013, 23:47:03.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté November 21, 2013, 08:30:44 | #13
is a sadida a good aoe caster

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté November 21, 2013, 11:19:48 | #14

Quote (stayhumble @ 21 July 2013 23:42) *
Foggernaut easily.

Edit: Almost every single Fire spell AoEs, Microbots AoE, Aynaloxide AoE's, Stasis Strike AoE's, the Cybot AoE's... and that one Earth spell.

Foggernauts can go into Motherfogger mode and AoE in Earth Damage, Stasis Damage, and Fire Damage..

Also the Fire and Oil passive AoE's anyone that hit's him in CC.

All the other classes don't have as much AoE as the Fogger, lol.
Yes, they do, Fire Enu for example, all his spells are aoe and he is a very good class overall.

Sadidas aoe spells are also good, m. bramble is quite strong and the aoe is big, earthquake is very strong and fun, but a but random, they can also place aoe glyph with -MP and their Sac doll dmg is also aoe.

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-11-19
posté February 01, 2014, 19:53:26 | #15
Fire Masqueraiders