Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Tankiest tank tank class to tank things
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté October 12, 2013, 08:50:35 | #1
Tankiest tank tank class to tank things Hi guys! I often play a healer in any game, and ocassionally a DPS, I rarely play tanks, but I think being able to tank things and taking such little damage is super cool in Wakfu, so I want to try it out.

I plan on picking up a tank class on my other account. But I'm not quite sure which classes can tank and how exactly they do so. When I say tank, I mean things like having a boatload of defense/taking little damage while protecting allies. I do not care at all about damaging, I just want to be a super strong wall that people can rely on.

The only two classes I kinda know are Earth Sacriers and Earth Foggernauts, I'm not sure about Sacriers but I know they build lock with certain skills and can teleport around to help allies. And foggernauts put up this blockade thingies and can build up lock by using earth skills.

Besides those two, what other classes can be awesome tanks? And which are most suitable to be a pure wall of walls and how can I go about doing that? Thanks a bunch.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté October 12, 2013, 10:37:33 | #2
The 2 you mentioned. Add in Earth Pandas. Fecas are somewhat now and will be even more so after their revamp. Think they are the main ones.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté October 12, 2013, 13:22:40 | #3
Earth sadida is sort of a tank that is able to put a shield on others, its also the only class that can absorb 100% of the dmg. There are 2 positioning spells and it can summon wall dolls.

it can't compare to other tanks if you ask me as it doesnt have lock passives but its awesome when combined with a earth sac for a glorious shield that nullifies loads of dmg

posté October 12, 2013, 13:38:42 | #4

Quote (OrehRuoy @ 12 October 2013 10:37) *
The 2 you mentioned. Add in Earth Pandas. Fecas are somewhat now and will be even more so after their revamp. Think they are the main ones.
Earth Pandas? How do they act as tanks? Do they have lock or defense boosts? I've always only ever known Pandas to be pure damage dealers so I'm not quite sure how they do as tanks. I think my friend was building a tank Panda but his is water, I think. I never did ask him why and how he's building his tank.
And Fecas, huh? I'd expect them to be the main ones I guess, since their name has Shield in it. I might have to look into how they work, but all their shields and glyphs and all that is so overhwhelming looking over them for the first time.

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 12 October 2013 13:22) *
Earth sadida is sort of a tank that is able to put a shield on others, its also the only class that can absorb 100% of the dmg. There are 2 positioning spells and it can summon wall dolls.

it can't compare to other tanks if you ask me as it doesnt have lock passives but its awesome when combined with a earth sac for a glorious shield that nullifies loads of dmg

Oh wow, I've never thought of Sadidas as tanks. Sounds pretty cool, doing something a little different.

This post has been edited by Bulbasheep - October 12, 2013, 13:39:19.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté October 12, 2013, 13:43:40 | #5
Earth Foggernauts are indeed extremely tank-y, even more so now.

The blockades you throw down have their own hp according to your spell's level and if your attack crits or not.

These blockades absorb damage you or your teammates would take as long as they are within range of you or right adjacent to your ally.

You also have a few spells and specialties that can absorb damage an ally would take and redirect said damage.

Earth fogger is a wonderful tank atm.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-07
posté October 12, 2013, 14:00:20 | #6
Another approach is a water xelor, if you like walls try walling an entire area off with sinistros.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-12-02
posté October 14, 2013, 18:51:19 | #7
My feca have near 400% def all (earth is over 400%, mechazeker's charged att deals like 250 damage instead of +1000 xD) with power ranger armor, 50 block and near 400 lock (385 if i recall correctly), hope grou makes it right and we become the best tanking class ~.~

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-09-14
posté October 14, 2013, 23:19:57 | #8
While fecas do get ridiculous resist for tanking, this makes monsters unlikely to actually hit them, as has been said in many places on this forum. You'd have to have a lot of lock (to the exclusion of other things) and even then you're only getting one monster or at most four. Feca, unfortunately, is not one of the best classes for tanking right now. (Hopefully the revamp will change this.)

posté October 14, 2013, 23:37:48 | #9

Quote (Eidolus @ 14 October 2013 23:19) *
While fecas do get ridiculous resist for tanking, this makes monsters unlikely to actually hit them, as has been said in many places on this forum. You'd have to have a lot of lock (to the exclusion of other things) and even then you're only getting one monster or at most four. Feca, unfortunately, is not one of the best classes for tanking right now. (Hopefully the revamp will change this.)
lol, thats not true, you have 2-3 ways: using pacification so it lowers your resists for 1 turn and monsters approaches you, getting trapped if your lock is high enough (385 lock is more than enough even for celestial striches), using glyph teleport with feca or having a good group that pushes the monsters to the feca (in my case i switch my zobal to air mask and push all the monsters to my feca). The pushing thing is doable, i saw ppl pushing monsters to earth sacs/tank classes. But yeah, i hope the revamp makes fecas better tankers

This post has been edited by saphiLC2 - October 14, 2013, 23:56:10.
Short Strich * Member Since 2013-02-15
posté October 27, 2013, 15:26:32 | #10

Quote (Bulbasheep @ 12 October 2013 13:38) *
Earth Pandas? How do they act as tanks? Do they have lock or defense boosts?
+lock per merry level on panda and +res per merry level on panda, unsure of the exact numbers and which spell but. Requires a target to hit to get the bonuses though and lasts one turn. I -think- the bonuses stack if used in succession in one turn.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-10-11
posté November 01, 2013, 18:01:41 | #11
There are four aspects that make a character a tank:
1. survivability
2. ability to lock
3. map manipulation
4. ability to take damage for allies or mitigate damage to allies

The following classes have abilities to support tanking: sacrier, panda, foggernaut, iop and sadida. The best ones are sacriers and pandas. AFAICT foggernauts have poor map manipulation capabilities but otherwise excellent tanks.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté November 01, 2013, 18:58:51 | #12
Feca has all of those except ability to lock (unsless you get it from equip or stat it).
though I agree they are not the best tanks in general which is funny because that's what they are.

This post has been edited by Rokugatsu - November 01, 2013, 18:59:27.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté November 01, 2013, 19:01:43 | #13
Click here
Click here

posté November 01, 2013, 19:14:25 | #14
Feca's map manipulation is worse than foggernaut's. They can't move enemies around. And they have nothing like sacrifice or any other way to mitigate damage to allies. So I don't think they have 3 or 4.

posté November 01, 2013, 19:45:25 | #15
They have armours.

posté November 01, 2013, 21:10:27 | #16
Those armors don't protect from damage. They mostly give bonuses and deal damage to enemies when particular conditions are met. Currently fecas are a support or damage class, not tank. It might change after revamp though.

posté November 01, 2013, 21:51:56 | #17
They gives res so yeah, it does protect from dmg, but I agree they are more likedmg dealers or buffers now, hopefully it will change. Im really curious about the changes.
btw, do we have any new info about those changes?

posté November 01, 2013, 22:42:44 | #18

Quote (solluxander @ 01 November 2013 18:01) *
There are four aspects that make a character a tank:
1. survivability
2. ability to lock
3. map manipulation
4. ability to take damage for allies or mitigate damage to allies

The following classes have abilities to support tanking: sacrier, panda, foggernaut, iop and sadida. The best ones are sacriers and pandas. AFAICT foggernauts have poor map manipulation capabilities but otherwise excellent tanks.
well, i use my feca as a tank and does the job pretty good, it locks anything (even some bosses, used him to fight whispers hq boss and does the job), he gets base damage from most monsters -30% from block, i dont need him to move monsters or monster to move to him because my masq does that job for him.... for example, yesterday a mechazerker hit my feca from behind and did around 50 damage... and if you add glyphs, yeah.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté November 02, 2013, 04:36:41 | #19
just to put my 2 cents in... earth gob osa? they can be pretty tanky.

posté November 02, 2013, 05:15:37 | #20
Wow, thanks so much for all the responses guys! I think at this point I'm most tempted to try out Earth Sacrier and Foggernaut but Fecas look fun too.

But I'm starting to get doubts--Are tanks in Wakfu as appreciated like in other games? Because a lot of times I notice everything is just YOU MUST DO 10000 DAMAGE (or be a healer Eni) that I'm worried I might not get a lot of spots because I am gonna be focusing more on preventing damage than dealing it. What are your thoughts?